Photo

Drifters (Fall 2016 Clubhouse Anime # 2)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:50 PM

9hnime.jpg

Plot Summary

Shimazu Toyohisa, whilst involved at the Battle of Sekigahara, manages to mortally wound Ii Naomasa, but is critically wounded in the process. As he walks from the field broken and bleeding, Toyohisa finds himself transported to a corridor of doors, where a bespectacled man at a desk waits for him. This man, Murasaki, sends Toyohisa into the nearest door where he wakes up in another world. There, Toyohisa meets other great warriors like him who have been transported as well, to be part of a group known as "Drifters."

Studio: Hoods Drifters
Genre: Action, Comedy, Historical, Fantasy

Episode 1
http://kissanime.to/...e-001?id=130820

• Tokoya likes this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#2 Oben

Oben

there were no malfunctions

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:31 AM

Hm, I'm a huge fan of the manga, so I guess I'll try the Anime too. I'm looking forward to Japanese voice actors voicing roman generals ^^

#3 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:53 PM

I've been waiting for this since the end of Hellsing Ultimate and I'm so glad its here. The voicing for the different language is kinda amusing but I'm glad they've put this much effort into the show. Its definitely worth a watch and by far my favourite anime of the season. 

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,780 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:55 AM

Episode 3 is out

Spoiler

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

^

Spoiler

Now this is what I wished Berserk was; action without making me squirm and no stupid fairy.

#6 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:33 AM

Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid.

EDIT: Watched the episode now, really nice, especially the music and the animation. The Black King was also well done, he's one of my favorite villains in manga.

Edited by Oben, 23 October 2016 - 01:26 PM.

• Tokoya, Raiden and KittyGoesMeowMeow like this

#7 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:34 PM

Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid.

Ok. Thank you.

Loved the two old Roman guys bitching though :lol: 

• Tokoya likes this

#8 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:02 PM

https://youtu.be/VbuFKOi8uss

#9 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:44 AM

I had picked up the manga way back when it was first scanned. Back then the updates were very rare and irregular so I had put it on in definite hold. Now the anime is up, and I see that it is very well done indeed. From Toyohisa's countryside accent to the elvish language(well... at least they've put some effort to it :/ ) and to the animations, it's gonna be a fun season with Drifters.

I guess I should also pick up the manga. Now that there is an anime up, there should be enough source material built up to read and not be left with more questions than answers.

Ok. Thank you.

Loved the two old Roman guys bitching though :lol:

Scipio Africanus and Hannibal Barca. Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving a history lecture. But a fan's gotta know his anime characters :D

Edited by taichi, 28 October 2016 - 04:44 AM.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#10 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,780 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:00 PM

The comedy in this episode was 10/10 LMFAOOOOOOOO

Other than that, it was a nice build up episode for both sides but mainly for our main trio....Looking forward to seeing some heads fly next week

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#11 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

Oh dear, so it begins.... Olmine's suffering, that is.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#12 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 October 2016 - 01:34 PM

Nice episode, Hirano's humour carries over really well :lmao:

So, those of you who don't read the manga, bets for the indentity of the Black King?

#13 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:20 PM

So, those of you who don't read the manga, bets for the indentity of the Black King?

Black King is featured with ragged robes, a staff and his face concealed; a stereotypcal depiction of prophets and important religious figures. He is leading a "crusade" as stated by that parrot in episode 3. His palms are impaled(not completely, but there are marks). He's shown to have healing powers in Episode 4. He also says he was going to "save humans" but they rejected him.

Apparently there's also a Bachal Isu, though the ornaments of Bachal Isu is very different from Black King's staff in the anime.

That's a lot of hard evidence. And I honestly know of only one person to fit these descriptions. Oh, as a side note. One could argue he's an impersonator. But I really don't see any point in impersonating some other historical figure when you're in a completely different world.

He's obviously Sauron!

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#14 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,780 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:39 PM

Black King is featured with ragged robes, a staff and his face concealed; a stereotypcal depiction of prophets and important religious figures. He is leading a "crusade" as stated by that parrot in episode 3. His palms are impaled(not completely, but there are marks). He's shown to have healing powers in Episode 4. He also says he was going to "save humans" but they rejected him.

Apparently there's also a Bachal Isu, though the ornaments of Bachal Isu is very different from Black King's staff in the anime.

That's a lot of hard evidence. And I honestly know of only one person to fit these descriptions. Oh, as a side note. One could argue he's an impersonator. But I really don't see any point in impersonating some other historical figure when you're in a completely different world.

He's obviously Sauron!

I hope he's not Jesus or something lol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#15 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:50 AM

It actually hasn't been revealed in the manga yet (although everyone is like 99% sure about the identity, even though Hirano tries hard to seed doubt and it's probably the biggest red herring I've ever seen), so I was just curious on your take on the matter ^^

#16 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:51 AM

It actually hasn't been revealed in the manga yet (although everyone is like 99% sure about the identity, even though Hirano tries hard to seed doubt and it's probably the biggest red herring I've ever seen), so I was just curious on your take on the matter ^^

Well, to be honest, I had said "Ah it's Jesus." as soon as I saw his figure, which is right after the parrot's Crusade talk. Christianity has little to no influence in where I was born and raised in, and the resemblance is uncanny. I'm thinking it must be too outrageous to think Jesus Christ would be depicted in a work of fiction -as a bad guy to top it off- for people who are living in a Christian dominant environment. I could imagine how big a deal it must be because of Kurt Westergaard.

The catch is, the author is from Japan and Drifters is serialized in Japan. Christianity doesn't have much of an influence over there. Looking at it from their perspective, you could say Jesus Christ is a historical figure like the rest of the Drifters and Ends in the manga. Though if Hirano is that reluctant in revealing his name, I suppose even he must think it's going too far to throw a direct jab at one of the most wide-spread religions around the world.(wikipedia says 31,5% percent of the world is Christian)

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

#17 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:33 AM

Well, to be honest, I had said "Ah it's Jesus." as soon as I saw his figure, which is right after the parrot's Crusade talk. Christianity has little to no influence in where I was born and raised in, and the resemblance is uncanny. I'm thinking it must be too outrageous to think Jesus Christ would be depicted in a work of fiction -as a bad guy to top it off- for people who are living in a Christian dominant environment. I could imagine how big a deal it must be because of Kurt Westergaard.

The catch is, the author is from Japan and Drifters is serialized in Japan. Christianity doesn't have much of an influence over there. Looking at it from their perspective, you could say Jesus Christ is a historical figure like the rest of the Drifters and Ends in the manga. Though if Hirano is that reluctant in revealing his name, I suppose even he must think it's going too far to throw a direct jab at one of the most wide-spread religions around the world.(wikipedia says 31,5% percent of the world is Christian)

Not really a spoiler, but technically a reference of things to come, therefore in tags:

Spoiler

Edited by Oben, 29 October 2016 - 08:37 AM.

#18 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:28 PM

I didn't see it before, but I kind of see it this episode now. It's an interesting take on Christ anyway..especially since there's a saint (Jeanne the fire lady) among them.

I like all of the Japanese squad, but I think Oda and the fighter pilot are my faves, just because they give no fucks whatsoever :lol: 

#19 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:44 PM

This series is from the same guy who did Hellsing right? Cuz the art style looks similar.

5.jpg

#20 taichi

taichi

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts
  • LocationThe 7 Men Room

Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:51 PM

Yes, I was thinking Drifters had been advertised by the end of Hellsing Ultimate OVAs. I was thinking it was surprising not seeing all the Hellsing fans flocking to it; but I suppose not everybody knows about it.

Flatlord%20Misuzu.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users