RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

http://www.nbcnews.c...cretary-n694371

And with that, the Government will be directly controlled by Wall Street.

More so than usual anyway. Lol!

I'd really love to hear what the Trump backers have to say now that instead of draining the swamp, Trump given the swamp high paying jobs and unchecked power. Lol!
  • number21 likes this

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #724 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,173 posts
    • Locationon the edge of insaninty

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

Likely something to the effect that he's choosing the most qualified individuals for the job.

I'm honestly more concerned by his refusal to believe the CIA's recent report saying Russia may have tried to influence the election. And generally dismissing the intelligence community.

#725 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,691 posts
    • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:19 PM

Likely something to the effect that he's choosing the most qualified individuals for the job.

I'm honestly more concerned by his refusal to believe the CIA's recent report saying Russia may have tried to influence the election. And generally dismissing the intelligence community.

The most qualified people for the job are a group of people with zero experience and government and possess the exact oposite iodlogical stances for the departments for which they are being appointed? Lol. Sigh...I'm laughing only cuzz I'm so nervous.

BTW, I'm taking bets on how long it'll be before we get a major oil spill in the oceans thanks to the additional drilling our president will allow to benefit our new Secretary of St...I mean America. I've got 50 bucks down on 14 months! Taking any bets!!!

Edited by RamenRenegade, 12 December 2016 - 09:20 PM.

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #726 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,173 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:57 PM

I'm more than "nervous" about what Trump is planning.

As for that bet, I'll put 95 on 18 months. Just long enough for some folks to forget the guy was the ceo of exxon. I'll even throw in another 50 if it happens in either Alaska or near Louisiana.

Edited by Trowa Barton, 20 December 2016 - 10:29 AM.

#727 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,185 posts
    • LocationGarden State

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:58 PM

Tillerson is a solid pick, certainly hope Huntsman gets nominated for Deputy Secretary of State. Not Bolton, please. Lunatic still thinks the 2003 Iraq invasion was a good idea. 

Unlikely that any more additional oil drilling will be done, at least for the next 20 or so months.

Prices are down due to a sizeable oil glut, played in part by America's surge into the market from 2012 to the present and a decrease in global demand. Most, if not all, increases of production are going to come from fields in Texas and North Dakota, where extraction is much cheaper and easier to manage than that in offshore drilling.

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#728 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 14,876 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:08 PM

Tillerson is a solid pick,

Oh look. I can use this now.   :facepalm:

Why exactly would Tillerson be a solid pick? For what exactly? Is he suddenly gonna be for the Paris Accords and move Exxon away from oil? Is he not gonna be as chummy with Putin now? People bitched about Clinton mixing business with diplomacy. Well now we have new Trump Foundation to pick up where she left off.

certainly hope Huntsman gets nominated for Deputy Secretary of State.

I would rather Huntsman or Romney get the post. I'd rather both of them get the posts (Secretary and Deputy).

Not Bolton, please. Lunatic still thinks the 2003 Iraq invasion was a good idea.

Though I sense bias. Agreed.

Unlikely that any more additional oil drilling will be done, at least for the next 20 or so months.

Prices are down due to a sizeable oil glut, played in part by America's surge into the market from 2012 to the present and a decrease in global demand.

Agreed. But it depends on what OPEC and Russia do.

Most, if not all, increases of production are going to come from fields in Texas and North Dakota, where extraction is much cheaper and easier to manage than that in offshore drilling.

So oil spills in lakes and rivers to the north and earthquakes to the south. Great.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#729 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,185 posts
    • LocationGarden State

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:36 PM

Oh look. I can use this now.   :facepalm:

Why exactly would Tillerson be a solid pick? For what exactly? Is he suddenly gonna be for the Paris Accords and move Exxon away from oil? Is he not gonna be as chummy with Putin now? People bitched about Clinton mixing business with diplomacy. Well now we have new Trump Foundation to pick up where she left off.

Lol, Clinton's mix in her corporate connections were purely self-serving to prop herself, nothing about those connections were fruitful in any of their endeavors during her time in office. Meanwhile, Tillerson hadn't donated a dime to Trump's campaign. He supported Jeb Bush early in the primaries.

A proven CEO with a strong business record is a solid choice for a do-nothing State Department steeped in bureaucracy with its $55ish billion budget and huge personnel, since he's a results-oriented businessman whose spent a decade with the accountability of the world's largest gas and oil corporation on his shoulders. Tillerson's also developed, negotiated, and managed successful relationships with many different countries and market-players, let alone his hands-on experience with handling regulatory affairs from Congress and the Executive Branch here. He's also a moderate on foreign affairs, a good check against the neocon interventionists that are still around.

Media sensationalizing Tillerson's business deals and recognition as "ties to Russia," as if he's exclusively worked with Russia and absolutely no other country is quite amusing. No doubt an uninformed public would eat that rubbish up and follow their lead in panicking. 

Agreed. But it depends on what OPEC and Russia do.

OPEC is a topic in of itself. Put simply, OPEC can stamp and shout all they like about freezing production, but they will ultimately bend to the will of a market that is larger than it was ten years ago.

Gone are the days that this cartel of sheikhs can freely continue its anti-consumer, oligopolistic nonsense. 

So oil spills in lakes and rivers to the north and earthquakes to the south. Great.

Also another topic. This one's well outside of federal control.

Edited by Phenomiracle, 13 December 2016 - 09:40 PM.

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#730 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,991 posts
    • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:27 PM

Lol, Clinton's mix in her corporate connections were purely self-serving to prop herself, nothing about those connections were fruitful in any of their endeavors during her time in office. Meanwhile, Tillerson hadn't donated a dime to Trump's campaign. He supported Jeb Bush early in the primaries.

A proven CEO with a strong business record is a solid choice for a do-nothing State Department steeped in bureaucracy with its $55ish billion budget and huge personnel, since he's a results-oriented businessman whose spent a decade with the accountability of the world's largest gas and oil corporation on his shoulders. Tillerson's also developed, negotiated, and managed successful relationships with many different countries and market-players, let alone his hands-on experience with handling regulatory affairs from Congress and the Executive Branch here. He's also a moderate on foreign affairs, a good check against the neocon interventionists that are still around.

Media sensationalizing Tillerson's business deals and recognition as "ties to Russia," as if he's exclusively worked with Russia and absolutely no other country is quite amusing. No doubt an uninformed public would eat that rubbish up and follow their lead in panicking. 

OPEC is a topic in of itself. Put simply, OPEC can stamp and shout all they like about freezing production, but they will ultimately bend to the will of a market that is larger than it was ten years ago.

Gone are the days that this cartel of sheikhs can freely continue its anti-consumer, oligopolistic nonsense. 

Also another topic. This one's well outside of federal control.

Or he can make a whole lot of money doing what he wants. That is the problem appointing him.

He is a successful business man, now he can be way more successful being SoS. He is going to run the department so he can make way more money.  He isn't going to make deals or do anything for the american people. He is going to make money for himself.

in other news this happen.

http://www.cnn.com/2...shot/index.html

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#731 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,991 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:15 PM

Also in the electoral college news. 5 of clinton wins didn't vote for her.

1 voted for sanders, 3 voted for powell, 1 voted for Faith Spotted Eagle

http://www.slate.com..._live_blog.html

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#732 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 14,876 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:39 AM

Well, it seems that Trump encouraged the Kuwaiti Embassy to hold its event at Trump International Hotel instead of the Four Seasons. The Kuwaiti has now cancelled its contract with the Four Seasons and is in fact having its event at the Trump International.

I'm glad that Trump's political ambitions are not affecting his business ambitions. Because that would be bad. Like Clinton bad.

• waleuska, Trowa Barton and FrostDancer81 like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#733 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,173 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:27 AM

It was only a matter of time sadly. :facepalm: 

What's worse imo is that Trump and his people will try to spin this as not being a conflict of interest. More annoyingly they'll not only be offended by the implication but suggest it's media bias.

#734 Zodiac

Zodiac

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 77 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:42 PM

When will madness end ? He won,She Lost. Get over it already !

This is the Zodiac speaking

#735 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,889 posts
    • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:10 PM

http://www.wsj.com/a...says-1482507844

Thoughts?

#736 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,991 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:56 PM

Trump is diving head first into dangerous waters and not caring what he does that can disrupt things.

From what i see, he have little to no idea about foreign governments or the world at large. Also his followers do not care that he knows nothing just that he acts strong.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#737 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,173 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:51 PM

I think he's trying to bully his way through his presidency the same way he did the republican primaries.

You guys see he also asked Boeing for a bid to make an upgraded version of the F/A-18 Super Hornet to replace the F-35 because it was to expensive? :facepalm:  :facepalm: 

#738 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 768 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:05 AM

If Trump wants to make sure that he is gonna get reelected after 4 years then he has to lower the debt which can probably only be done if he cuts defence spending & avoid going into an economic war with China, China is not Iran they have a big ass economy & depending on the way you calculate it it's already bigger than that of the US so economic war with them means that US citizens will directly feel the consequences & thus they wont reelect him...I highly doubt that the JSF/F-35 programme would be canceled..too much money have been spent on it already & I think there is like 40k jobs created by it also many other countries also did spend money on it.

Honestly Trump just looks like a kid with good intentions but he is just starting to learn how the outside world works especially with that amateurish Taiwan call, Sanders would have been a better pick but the DNC were way too corrupt for them to accept him.

Edited by kenkage, 24 December 2016 - 01:09 AM.

P15OTd8.jpg

#739 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,550 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:19 AM

To be fair, with the conflict with outgoing and in going president, wasn't that started with republicans?

The whole blocking SCOTUS nomination due to saying it is election year, even though it is still Obama term?

#740 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,991 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:26 AM

To be fair, with the conflict with outgoing and in going president, wasn't that started with republicans?

The whole blocking SCOTUS nomination due to saying it is election year, even though it is still Obama term?

They would never admit it.

Hell a lot of things that obama done if he was republican, they would have praise him.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users