waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,997 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:15 PM

Salt is still strong in this thread.

Boils down to a massive failure on the Clinton campaign to reach out to the disaffected and neglected, the same coalition that eagerly voted Obama in 2008 and 2012.

Until the left learns that condescension and dismissive attitudes towards working class voters won't win elections, no real, impactful ground will be gained.

Apart from that, white, college-educated voters also broke for Trump, which is quite remarkable. Says a lot about the distaste for the establishment.

what do you mean until? both sanders and obama talk to those workers. It was clinton who didn't and some of us was mad at because of this fact. Hell the people i listen to warned that she might have lose because of that fact.

Do not act like this is something that has been happen for ages. It was for only one election.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#762 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:45 AM

Salt is still strong in this thread.

Boils down to a massive failure on the Clinton campaign to reach out to the disaffected and neglected, the same coalition that eagerly voted Obama in 2008 and 2012.

Until the left learns that condescension and dismissive attitudes towards working class voters won't win elections, no real, impactful ground will be gained.

Apart from that, white, college-educated voters also broke for Trump, which is quite remarkable. Says a lot about the distaste for the establishment.

Though I agree with you in terms of Clinton's failure, I don't think that was a blind spot she alone was guilty of having. I think everyone, from her campaign, the pollsters and even the Trump campaign miscalculated (Trump's miscalculation was to thier benefit) these groups and people simply assumed they would vote Clinton if they came out to vote.

I do find it hilarious that it's just blankly assumed that those who voted Trump voted for the anti-establishment and Trump has done nothing but be pro-establishment since he won.

But, with that said (and as I've said to my friends) the time for bitching needs to end. The dude won, period. Nows the time for vigilance and to make sure he answers for everything. The whole "he's not my president" rhetoric is self serving and childish IMO. I hated that when it was done to Obama, can't condone that now that it's Trump.

Speaking of childish, is Trump going to act like that with CNN reporters for the 4 years he's in office? Shameful.

@waleuska - Clinton was too robotic and failed to connect to anyone really. And her mistake was making her entire campaign about "I'm not him" and thought that would be enough to simply coast to a win. She should have been more aggressive and talk to the people about what she would do for them from a policy standpoint. Between that and being forced to constantly defend herself regarding her shady (and ultimately meaningless) issues, she didn't stand a chance.

Edited by RamenRenegade, 15 January 2017 - 08:05 AM.

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #763 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,997 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

http://www.slate.com..._erroneous.html

I am so happy once trump gets into office stuff like this would stop happening.

Anyway did you guys see that trump want havery to help carson in the HUD department.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#764 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,997 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:26 PM

http://www.slate.com...s_sentence.html

lol now, lets see if obama pardon snowden

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#765 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 14,890 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

Well everyone, Donald J. Trump is the 45th President of these United States.

Make Democracy Great Again.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#766 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:47 PM

16123978_1816593308552642_31490860030005

#767 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,174 posts
    • Locationon the edge of insaninty

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:47 PM

That look says "I can't believe what this dumbass is saying" in regards to Trump. Or less politely, "I can't believe you lost to him" in regards to his wife, to me.

#768 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,597 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:38 AM

I thought it was hilarious because he was caught staring at Trump's wife and doesn't give a shit. Some things never change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users