• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#81 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:02 AM

Imo Sasuke is easily one of the most selfish and unlikable characters in this entire manga.

Absolutely. Not even that big of a contest.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#82 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10679 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:49 AM

Sasuke may have been developed, I don't deny that. But what I can easily argue that his character development has been bad development rather than good tbh.

As the course of the story went on, Sasuke became even selfish, whiney, emo and unlikable as his numerous actions show throughout the entire manga.

It would have ok if his revenge quest actually targeted just those responsible for his clans massacre, but it went far beyond that - it became warped and twisted.

Since he attacked people that nothing at all to do with the Uchiha massacre like him attacking Bee, Naruto, Kakashi, etc and his many attempts to kill them no less than in cold blood.

Not to mention his callous abandonment of his very own comrades like Juugo and Sugietsu at the Kage Summit, he left them there to die. Sasuke didn't care if they lived or died, all he was worried about was saving his own selfish ass.

Or what about him using Karin as a meatshield just so he could get at Danzou. He didn't care about here, he even said that she was a liability.

He only helped Naruto during the war for selfish reasons, basically he wanted to became a dictator over Konoha.

Even now Sasuke is still as selfish as ever, he couldn't be assed to contact his very own wife daughter for many years even though he has means of communication like his bird summon and phone.

Imo Sasuke is easily one of the most selfish and unlikable characters in this entire manga.

But Sasuke acts more like a Kage than Naruto does as an adult lol

Edited by Tokoya, 02 November 2016 - 08:49 AM.

• waleuska likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#83 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

Even now Sasuke is still as selfish as ever, he couldn't be assed to contact his very own wife daughter for many years even though he has means of communication like his bird summon and phone.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and defend Sasuke on this one point

• He did give his reasons for not sticking around - atone for his sins
  • The baby (Sarada) didn't come out of nowhere - assuming there was a brief stay with Sakura before he left (you could also argue prison :wub:  visits were allowed)...either way a relationship existed
  • He was the only one capable/standing between Konoha and the major enemies (rescued Hiashi as an example)...and lets not forget the other Otsutsuki clan members - Kinshiki and Momoshiki...picture Jiraiya always gone unless it's critical
  • On the strongest point against Sasuke, not visiting his daughter - I don't think Sasuke knew he knocked up Sakura :aww: 
  • We can easily argue - he didn't do much better after finding out, but he never took his eyes off her after finding out - first person he rescued when Konoha was attacked, beautiful cya later (sakura trolled) goodbye/cya later...etc

Best argument I have is the lack of role models in their lives...both Naruto and Sasuke had no idea what it means to be a dad or husband - to me they were just winging it - let me try this type of approach :pokey: 

:kakashi:  We back

#84 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:27 PM

Sasuke knew Sarada's name when he ran into her during her Gaiden, so clearly he was aware he had a child, even if he didn't know what she looked like, and a flashback shows that he was in the village while Sakura was present. He just straight up didn't care enough to ever contact or visit her.

Edited by Ace1225, 02 November 2016 - 02:27 PM.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#85 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:59 PM

Sasuke knew Sarada's name when he ran into her during her Gaiden, so clearly he was aware he had a child, even if he didn't know what she looked like, and a flashback shows that he was in the village while Sakura was present. He just straight up didn't care enough to ever contact or visit her.

I get that Ace, just saying he found out after she was grown enough to think for herself...that's a long time to not experience having a daughter - my argument was after he found out - he improved and kept an eye on her - though one can argue "not by much" - which brings back my point of lack/absence of a role model

Sakura and Sasuke was strange relationship from day one...the end result was a big improvement

Edited by paka, 02 November 2016 - 03:02 PM.

:kakashi:  We back

#86 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11172 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:21 AM

We don't know much about how Sasuke researched Kaguya and what it took.

His search may have been so cryptic and interesting that he really had good reason to stay gone.

For example, finding out who Kaguya was scared of and trying to defend herself from is pretty damn important.

HE could send letters,but "can't visit, no chakra, stranded in ice dimension, no food, they're coming"

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#87 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

Its official. . .Sasuke is a worse parent than Vegata.

Posted Image

#88 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:48 PM

Its official. . .Sasuke is a worse parent than Vegata.

That's obvious.

He's even worse than Goku. 

#89 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:26 PM

Yep. Biggest deadbeat of them all. You've gotta go into parents who are outright abusive (like that guy over in Evangelion) or villains to find worse.

• Narubi likes this

#90 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:56 PM

Yep .. total deadbeat.

Gone for most of your daughters youth. Now your back, but doesn't seem very involved with her, seeing as your willing to hang out an train with somebody else's kid rather than your own. Shitty father is a shitty father.

#91 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4660 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:26 PM

You've gotta go into parents who are outright abusive (like that guy over in Evangelion)

He gave his kid a job and a robot suit. Even gave him some parenting.

#92 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:20 AM

He gave his kid a job and a robot suit. Even gave him some parenting.

A job and a suit he never asked for or wanted :lolxg: He also abandoned his son, gave him a healthy amount of verbal and emotional abuse, which he himself acknowledges before he dies, and caused his son to outright despise him for a good bit of time. Shinji falls into that category of character/person who clearly only ever wants his father's approval because of just how messed up he actually is. 

Edited by Ace1225, 12 November 2016 - 08:20 AM.

#93 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:39 PM

Ugh .... Shinki Ikari .........  :meh:

#94 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4058 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:50 PM

I just hope that Kishi doesn't make Sarada ok with Sasuke's absenteeism. We've seen that she was happy to get to know him a little, which is fine. Just as long as she remains actively against his terrible parenting. I seem to recall a line from her in the Boruto movie that sounded like this was the case, but I can't fully remember. 

Obviously, if Sasuke can (1) use Susano to fly and (2) open up spacetime portals with his RG, it would have been easy for him to visit his family at any time. Whatever he was doing was not so urgent that he literally had to be occupied with it for 12 years nonstop. I wish Kishi would have him just admit that he's a negligent husband and father rather than play it off like he's just a good shinobi fulfilling his duty. Bullshit. What did he even accomplish in those 12 years? When the enemies showed up, was Konoha any more prepared that they would have been had he stayed in the village all that time? I'd say him not being in the village actually put everyone at greater risk, because the enemies could have showed up at any time, and it there would have just been Naruto to handle it on his own without Sasuke. 

• Ace1225 likes this

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#95 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11172 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:57 PM

Realistically, that wouldn't happen until her teenage years, when kids start to learn that nobody's perfect.

We know this manga will stretch years into their future. So, there should be time for them to be angsty later.

Edited by Ultrafragor, 12 November 2016 - 08:57 PM.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#96 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5751 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:01 AM

I just hope that Kishi doesn't make Sarada ok with Sasuke's absenteeism. We've seen that she was happy to get to know him a little, which is fine. Just as long as she remains actively against his terrible parenting. I seem to recall a line from her in the Boruto movie that sounded like this was the case, but I can't fully remember. 

Obviously, if Sasuke can (1) use Susano to fly and (2) open up spacetime portals with his RG, it would have been easy for him to visit his family at any time. Whatever he was doing was not so urgent that he literally had to be occupied with it for 12 years nonstop. I wish Kishi would have him just admit that he's a negligent husband and father rather than play it off like he's just a good shinobi fulfilling his duty. Bullshit. What did he even accomplish in those 12 years? When the enemies showed up, was Konoha any more prepared that they would have been had he stayed in the village all that time? I'd say him not being in the village actually put everyone at greater risk, because the enemies could have showed up at any time, and it there would have just been Naruto to handle it on his own without Sasuke. 

That and i'd like at least one scene in the new series where Sakura calls him out on his absence as well. Neither character should be written as just being ok with that, Sakura probably will be though, because that's how she's treated every other crappy thing Sasuke ever did to her  :rolleyes:

#97 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

That and i'd like at least one scene in the new series where Sakura calls him out on his absence as well. Neither character should be written as just being ok with that, Sakura probably will be though, because that's how she's treated every other crappy thing Sasuke ever did to her  :rolleyes:

A female character not ending up submissive to their male superiors, even when they got enough right to call bullshit on them. 

Yeah I'm not seeing it with this series mate. :P

#98 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6165 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:25 AM

A job and a suit he never asked for or wanted :lolxg: He also abandoned his son, gave him a healthy amount of verbal and emotional abuse, which he himself acknowledges before he dies, and caused his son to outright despise him for a good bit of time. Shinji falls into that category of character/person who clearly only ever wants his father's approval because of just how messed up he actually is. 

IIRC he actually loved his son in his own messed up way.

The wedding is back on, Go here to RSVP Here

PS Chillman isn't allowed to RSVP he has to sit in the back.

tumblr_ofiqs3LgoT1ttuk3wo8_400.gif

#99 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6291 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:10 AM

A female character not ending up submissive to their male superiors, even when they got enough right to call bullshit on them. 

Yeah I'm not seeing it with this series mate. :P

hinata was able to.

Um about the rest.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#100 ninpokaton

ninpokaton

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3048 posts
  • LocationDublin/RoIreland

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:59 AM