Photo

That Show about Digital Monsters Concept and Stuff...

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

ḫ̢̢̦̻̮̬̙̣̊̃̆̈́̈́̏̒́̓ǭ̛͙̝̱̘͖̘̖̒̈́̔̈́͋̈́͝ͅp̢̺̙̮̯͓̙͈̹͌͌̾͋̋͆̐̍͘ȇ̆̉͌̕͝

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:19 PM

I never understood the appeal of Season 4 to be frank, the whole thing of fusion and all their shenanigans killed all the joy I carried from S3.

• Raiden likes this

HxdkfRK.gif

“Just like a single bullet setting off a world war, despair has the power to throw this world into chaos!”

#22 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:01 PM

And that was my favorite part of seasons 3 and 4. For once, the humans stopped just standing on the sidelines and cheering lol

65b30ce3-3f90-4da7-842e-2d9862561036_zps

#23 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:36 PM

Make it the first 5. Because Data Squad/Savers is a lot better than season 2, 3 and 4 :P ^^ with season 1 still being the best.

Savers was enjoyable, had the best soundtrack, and the best designs for the Mega level digimon (MirageGaogomon is one of the coolest looking Megas EVER!)

....but as a story, I didn't think it came even close to being as good as Seasons 3, 4, or even 2.

Spoiler No this was the mistake:

Xros Wars as a whole was a mistake, not just Hunters. But I'll give this to its first two seasons, at least they were tolerable mistakes. Really, their only sin was being uninteresting. But Hunters....oh God, Hunters.

Edited by Blue22, 25 October 2016 - 10:38 PM.

• DeSoulWolf likes this

#24 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:37 PM

Can we pretend this RP is the actual anime we didn't get of Season 1?

HxdkfRK.gif

“Just like a single bullet setting off a world war, despair has the power to throw this world into chaos!”

#25 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:29 AM

Are we gonna go with the strengths and weaknesses triangle vaccine beats virus, virus beats data, data beats vaccine. We don't even need stats for that it can just be something we mention in the rp like a quicker deletion rate.

Also since the internet is a big part of this does it matter where we are from or can it be anywhere?

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#26 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDe Moon Baby! De Moon...

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:30 PM

Can we pretend this RP is the actual anime we didn't get of Season 1?

Kind of confused by the question sir. 

Are we gonna go with the strengths and weaknesses triangle vaccine beats virus, virus beats data, data beats vaccine. We don't even need stats for that it can just be something we mention in the rp like a quicker deletion rate.

Also since the internet is a big part of this does it matter where we are from or can it be anywhere?

Yeah, I'm actually putting that in and much like the show it doesn't mean an absolute win just because the enemy might have an advantage, this also works vice versa. Experience, skill, and level play a part along with clever strategies.   

Alright, I'll have the CS up by tomorrow early morning (doubt it) or afternoon and start looking over them over the weekend. I most likely won't be looking over them until Friday night, since I have a busy day. 

Also I want to make something clear. You have mostly all of the Digimon Lines for the taking but if you find something you don't like and want to switch it with someone else then that's fine. If a Digimon is a mega level that you really want but has no defined evolution line, I will work with you. I'm very flexible with this stuff as long as it makes sense. (And I'll explain what "makes sense" means if we get to that point) Reason I brought this up is that I have a friend joining the RP and she felt kind of guilty with offering up ideas to make the Digimon line she wants work. Saying it wasn't fair. So if I'm letting her do it, I'm letting everyone else do it as well.  :^_^:

• RathyOro likes this

#27 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:01 PM

digimon_adventure_tri_.jpg

HxdkfRK.gif

#28 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:55 AM

The season two we needed. The one we deserve right now.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#29 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:47 AM

Haha, sorry but we're going to be doing our own thing here.

Anyway, I've updated what the D-Links (your Digivices) are about so you can read up on that....

Oh and I also put up the Character Sheets. So like...Go make characters. Or something. I don't know, I guess I can post it here as well. 

Spoiler Human

Spoiler Digimon

So....I'll shut the hell up now and let you get to it.....

• Raiden, Blue22 and RathyOro like this

#30 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

Yeah, I'm actually putting that in and much like the show it doesn't mean an absolute win just because the enemy might have an advantage, this also works vice versa. Experience, skill, and level play a part along with clever strategies.   

Alright, I'll have the CS up by tomorrow early morning (doubt it) or afternoon and start looking over them over the weekend. I most likely won't be looking over them until Friday night, since I have a busy day. 

Also I want to make something clear. You have mostly all of the Digimon Lines for the taking but if you find something you don't like and want to switch it with someone else then that's fine. If a Digimon is a mega level that you really want but has no defined evolution line, I will work with you. I'm very flexible with this stuff as long as it makes sense. (And I'll explain what "makes sense" means if we get to that point) Reason I brought this up is that I have a friend joining the RP and she felt kind of guilty with offering up ideas to make the Digimon line she wants work. Saying it wasn't fair. So if I'm letting her do it, I'm letting everyone else do it as well.  :^_^:

I already made some "unofficial" digimon lines myself, just for fun :D

Digimon Tri is pretty awesome so far ^^

• RathyOro likes this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#31 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:49 PM

I was thinking of going the Keramon root again, but unknown attribute might make things confusing.

So rather I plan to go the Andiramon route, however, I am kind of confused at something, what determines that my digimon goes the vaccine or virus route? For example, Andiramon and Cherubimon have both forms, is it plot relevant the outcome of their digievolution? And that is other thing, based on the digimon.wikia they have a set line which is basically the same from the animes, starting from lopmon branch>Cherubymon (I hate this thing).

But then I see the wikimon wiki and the paths of evolution are wayyyyyyyyyy more versatile, for instance Andiramon can end up as Minervamon (just an example). My question would be, using the info on Wikimon, am I able to make a custom digievolution path as long as it has a valid sequence? Not necessarily I need a lopmon to end up with a Andiramon? 

Edit: I just read your post above DSW.

Edited by Insane Soul, 27 October 2016 - 03:14 PM.

HxdkfRK.gif

#32 Raiden

Raiden

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:14 PM

I was thinking of going the Keramon root again, but unknown attribute might make things confusing.

So rather I plan to go the Andiramon route, however, I am kind of confused at something, what determines that my digimon goes the vaccine or virus route? For example, Andiramon and Cherubimon have both forms, is it plot relevant the outcome of their digievolution? And that is other thing, based on the digimon.wikia they have a set line which is basically the same from the animes, starting from lopmon branch>Cherubymon (I hate this thing).

But then I see the wikimon wiki and the paths of evolution are wayyyyyyyyyy more versatile, for instance Andiramon can end up as Minervamon (just an example). My question would be, using the info on Wikimon, am I able to make a custom digievolution path as long as it has a valid sequence? Not necessarily I need a lopmon to end up with a Andiramon? 

I'm pretty sure DSW already said something like that is fine as long as it makes sense ^^ (afterall some digimon have multiple digivolution lines (Leomon has quite a few))

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#33 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, I just read it :C

HxdkfRK.gif

#34 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

Okay, this is more or less the line I am thinking

Pagumon>Gazimon>Turuiemon>Andiramon

I will write the sheets tonight, just posting it here so I do not forget.

HxdkfRK.gif

#35 Raiden

Raiden

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:14 PM

Okay, this is more or less the line I am thinking

Pagumon>Gazimon>Turuiemon>Andiramon

I will write the sheets tonight, just posting it here so I do not forget.

and what is your Mega/Ultimate? ^^ Minervamon?

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#36 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,221 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:23 PM

I assumed Andiramon was the Mega/Ultimate, whoops.

I will look into it.

HxdkfRK.gif

#37 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 12:39 AM

That reminds me. Are we using the English or Japanese terminology here? Because "Ultimate" in Japanese is the "Mega" level in English. And "Perfect" in Japanese is "Ultimate" in English. :P

Edited by Blue22, 28 October 2016 - 12:39 AM.

#38 ScaredyBaby

ScaredyBaby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 02:09 AM

I'm in this cause I love digimon.

#39 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:55 AM

I would be done with mine if not for this dumb thing called work. I should have m8be up by the afternoon.

9HhsmrC.jpg

#40 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:33 AM

That reminds me. Are we using the English or Japanese terminology here? Because "Ultimate" in Japanese is the "Mega" level in English. And "Perfect" in Japanese is "Ultimate" in English. :P

Let's stick to the English terminology since that's what I assume most people grew up with. (Not sure about Raiden)

I'm in this cause I love digimon.

Cool, another person.  :D

I would be done with mine if not for this dumb thing called work. I should have m8be up by the afternoon.

That pays bills/puts food in your belly/keeps you girl happy, this doesn't. Don't rush yourself man, this most likely won't be started until sometime next week. 

Edited by DeSoulWolf, 28 October 2016 - 07:33 AM.

• RathyOro likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users