>NEW PUNK CITY

Samsung_City_Night_still_image_low_res.j

>PRELUDE

Spoiler

>STORY

Spoiler

>CHARACTER CREATION
Spoiler

Edited by Hyouzou, 28 October 2016 - 03:16 PM.

• RathyOro likes this

#2 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:56 PM

These are our current players. I'll bold and underline the ones you have chosen (I think Raiden is the only one who said it definitively, maybe Mouse too). @kiddblaze are you still in? Want me to deal you some powers?

@JEKKUSORMI

Beacon Emission

Absorbing Replication

Shadow Generation

Vibration Manipulation

@RATHYORO

Solar Attacks

Location Swapping

Liquid Mimicry

Toy Manipulation

@SOTTOVOCE

Water Form Manipulation

Accelerated Perception

Electrical Enhanced Condition

Earth Swimming

@BLUE22

Power Via Blood 

Love Aura

Seismokinetic Combat

Supernatural Accuracy

@DESOULWOLF

Enhanced Breath

Iron Mimicry

Aquatic Respiration

Gravitational Downforce

@MOUSE

Storm Embodiment

Sensory Scrying

High Empowerment

Talent Theft

@SCAREDYBABY

Stone Mimicry

Metal Manipulation

Soil Empowerment

Psychic Creature Creation

@RAIDEN

Poison Generation

Elasticity

Division

Sasquatch Physiology

@KIDDBLAZE

Organic bullet projection

Photographic Teleportation

Ichthyoid Manipulation

Metal Detection

@NYX

Sense Inducement

Adhesive Secretion

Dermal Armor

Infra-Sound Hearing

@JOEY

Ice Embodiment

Plasma Bomb Generation

Pungency

Self-Resurrection

@MARINIAN

Wallrunning

Laser Vision

Hydrokinetic Intangibility

Fauna Energy Manipulation

Edited by Hyouzou, 01 November 2016 - 10:12 AM.

#3 kiddblaze

kiddblaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:26 PM

yea I'm still in i just got little busy. you can post my powers whenever.

#4 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:57 PM

Alright, edited the post. You can shoot bullets out of your body, teleport to places you see in pictures (you'd be taken where the camera was), control fish or detect metal. Not overly powerful stuff, but that's a good spin on teleportation. The bullets thing is pretty cool, too, but not a whole lot to do with it (until Sotto comes in and shows me the light).

• Sotto Voce likes this

#5 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:13 PM

Oh, balls yes! This is everything I was hoping for and more. :')

Think I already know what I'm doing for a character. Definitely going with Accelerated Perception.

Could I ask for a little more information on the mafia, too? Or any general world building details you might want to share? 

Alright, edited the post. You can shoot bullets out of your body, teleport to places you see in pictures (you'd be taken where the camera was), control fish or detect metal. Not overly powerful stuff, but that's a good spin on teleportation. The bullets thing is pretty cool, too, but not a whole lot to do with it (until Sotto comes in and shows me the light).

HAHAHA.

But can we talk about how perfect that would be for an assassin? You can bring your "weapon" into a high-security building with metal detectors. Your bullets can't be traced like normal bullets. As long as you can get your hands near someone's neck, they're a goner. Ideal for a hitman undercover.

• Raiden likes this

#6 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

Oh yeah. It's 03:30 (actually 02:30 because daylight just switched half an hour ago!), so I'll describe it quickly. Great to see you're as excited as I am! For now, picture the mafia as a pretty stereotypical Yakuza portrayal. They definitely deal with shady things, everyone has their own stories about them, about who they are connected with (some say they're anti-super, some say they're in cahoots with the pro-super movement [that I have yet to come up with a good name for, let me know if you've got something! It needs to sound like protesting/revolutionary groups do in our world!]). The poor people tend to be conflicted about them, they do some good too since they tend to be mostly made up of people from those neighborhoods. If you're middle or upper class, you probably fear or loathe them, though.

I think I also need to explain a little about the metropolis, New Punk City, but I'll get to that in my first post, or something like it. Picture New York combined with some rapidly expanding chinese city, and throw in a lot of steampunk and late-1800's city life. It's a massive city, basically a conglomerate of a couple other cities that have merged together. Lots of skyscrapers, but the ground below is still very run-down. It's china town, but almost everywhere. You can find both the quaint, rich neighborhoods of men in suits or scarfs and plaid; parks, expensive apartments, cozy lifestyles — but they still move through china town. The granite boulevards are localized and fairly small.

On the flip side, there are a lot of slums, where the long arm of the law only reaches to slap, never to help. Here you can find most of anything shady, like strip clubs or gambling. This is where most, if not all, RP:ing will take place. It's just more interesting... This also has come to represent the superhumans, as they tend to be more public here — no one wants to risk outing themselves uptown (is that correct? I've just come to think, in my head, that uptown is the rich part, and downtown the bustling, kinda touristy heart). Most publicly superhuman rich people have already been ostrasized and turned reclusive, but some manage to stay relevant. 

So in addition to there being tension between 'regular' and supers, there's also a pretty noticeable class disparity.

I have a small bank of inspiratory (is that even a word?) pictures, I'll share them one at a time when there's a good place to put them. Only managed to find place for one in the first post here, and I picked one that didn't say too much. I've got some that can give you a pretty good idea of what the slums and the middle class look like. Google Kowloon Walled City for the worst-case scenarios, or look at pictures of Gotham for some of that gritty pavement.

• Sotto Voce likes this

#7 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

You've actually given me too much to work with, coming up with all my naruto scenarios was easier than deciding and creating what kind of character I want to use in this. My struggles are your fault.......Good Job  :lolxg:

• Sotto Voce likes this

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#8 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:18 AM

I suggest taking Toy Manipulation. It's the easiest one to weave into the character, and it's the most characteristic one, too. Making a bunch of toys your loyal servants, and you can give all of them personalities and they can be like really cute helpers, that you may or may not be extremely sadistic towards. Like a deranged little spoiled kid. 

I think I have a slight problem... Many of the NPC's I've come up with are taking powers from your pools... I just can't help it. I've started to flip through the wiki and make a huge list of powers that I haven't dealt to anyone, so I can use them for my own characters. I still have two or three powers in your pools that i'm secretly hoping nobody picks. We'll see how that goes.

• Sotto Voce likes this

#9 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:56 AM

I suggest taking Toy Manipulation. It's the easiest one to weave into the character, and it's the most characteristic one, too. Making a bunch of toys your loyal servants, and you can give all of them personalities and they can be like really cute helpers, that you may or may not be extremely sadistic towards. Like a deranged little spoiled kid. 

I think I have a slight problem... Many of the NPC's I've come up with are taking powers from your pools... I just can't help it. I've started to flip through the wiki and make a huge list of powers that I haven't dealt to anyone, so I can use them for my own characters. I still have two or three powers in your pools that i'm secretly hoping nobody picks. We'll see how that goes.

And to shuffle your deck a little more as I boasted before me picking Absorbing Replication is not likely gonna happen. I just can't figure a way to alter it well enough.

Also Shadow Generation is kind of growing on me so now i'm strugling with:

• A father of a little girl, who doesn't want to register her because of her unstable and dangerous abiltiy (a living Nuclear Bomb or something like that, not that matters since I'm not using her quirk at all) and is forced to seeks shelter inside mafia. Uses Vibration Manipulation.
  • Ex-master thief, who is forced to move from his mansion in Riviera. He was accused form all of his thefts but with lack of evidence he never got punished. But now since the quirks are being registered and if his quirk is revealed, he would go to jail for a lifetime. So he faked his death and decided to start again with help from mafia. His secret is his Shadow Manipulation.

I can't decide between those 2 so please help me decide :D

• Sotto Voce likes this

#10 Sotto Voce

Sotto Voce

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVenTech Tower

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:21 AM

And to shuffle your deck a little more as I boasted before me picking Absorbing Replication is not likely gonna happen. I just can't figure a way to alter it well enough.

Also Shadow Generation is kind of growing on me so now i'm strugling with:

• A father of a little girl, who doesn't want to register her because of her unstable and dangerous abiltiy (a living Nuclear Bomb or something like that, not that matters since I'm not using her quirk at all) and is forced to seeks shelter inside mafia. Uses Vibration Manipulation.
  • Ex-master thief, who is forced to move from his mansion in Riviera. He was accused form all of his thefts but with lack of evidence he never got punished. But now since the quirks are being registered and if his quirk is revealed, he would go to jail for a lifetime. So he faked his death and decided to start again with help from mafia. His secret is his Shadow Manipulation.

I can't decide between those 2 so please help me decide :D

You mean like

A little girl with an unstable Storm Embodiment power?  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

You should talk to Mouse if you're interested in the daughter being a relevant character! I don't know how young she's planning to make her but I know she was going to be at least ten years younger than my character, who's in her mid-thirties.

• Jekkusormi and Mouse like this

#11 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:05 PM

You mean like

A little girl with an unstable Storm Embodiment power?  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

You should talk to Mouse if you're interested in the daughter being a relevant character! I don't know how young she's planning to make her but I know she was going to be at least ten years younger than my character, who's in her mid-thirties.

Well I was aiming for something between 40-50 so yeah, I might do that

• Mouse likes this

#12 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:26 PM

Yeah, at least don't make the girl have a nuclear bomb power, it's too close to Dr. Detonate, who might become relevant. Sorry for his terrible name, by the way. We need some corny superheroes from the past to clash with the grittiness of the present. 'The good old days'.

If you have a daughter that you desperately don't want to be registered, it's gonna have to be some sort of fringe case. For most people, registering is seen as oppressive, but not necessarily life-changing. If her power is really dangerous or useful to the government, she might get snatched... There are some 'unsubstantial' stories about things like that... Or maybe her father knows her power will only become dangerous because the government is messing with her, like if it's emotion driven, triggered by panic (like being tested and registered) and he's the only one who can quell it. It's an interesting back story, definitely — but I'd be hesitant to let you bring the daughter along for the ride as an NPC. Eight or nine people is already pretty far above what I'm comfortable with. Honestly, the story might get all whacky because i'm not used to fitting so many different players into this. I thought about splitting you guys up into groups for the entire run, but no good ideas are coming to me. It'll more likely be splitting up while on 'missions' or the like.

Your second story is less interesting (if I can be honest), but it's good to have people on different sides of the law. This character (whose ability is more interesting than the other, actually) has obviously used his powers for bad, and is now escaping the consequences, instead of just being grouped together with the 'terrorist superhumans'. Might make for some drama within the group, if we get any pure-hearted characters (might be unlikely, as they're joining the mafia...).

• Mouse likes this

#13 Mouse

Mouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNot Found.

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:52 PM

You could combine the two stories! Maybe a father estranged from his daughter because he chose to use his powers to be a master thief. Maybe he wanted his daughter to live a more normal life and just supported her and her mother financially from a distance? Then BOOM, surprise, all of his efforts were in vain because Sotto's character gets his daughter involved in superhuman merc business anyway, and they reunite in the same mafia group.

I was originally going to make her in her late 20s but I could make her a young woman instead, maybe college age? We could plot it out, if you'd be interested! I love intertwining characters.

• Hyouzou and Jekkusormi like this

#14 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:56 PM

Great thinking, Mouse. If anyone wants to make their backstories intertwined with stuff i've mentioned (superheroes, the mafia, the government, the anti-groups, the pro-groups, etc), just send me a PM and I'll let you know some more than the others so you can make it consistent with my stuff. You can definitely be an ex- or even current mafia member!

#15 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

Yeah, at least don't make the girl have a nuclear bomb power, it's too close to Dr. Detonate, who might become relevant. Sorry for his terrible name, by the way. We need some corny superheroes from the past to clash with the grittiness of the present. 'The good old days'.

If you have a daughter that you desperately don't want to be registered, it's gonna have to be some sort of fringe case. For most people, registering is seen as oppressive, but not necessarily life-changing. If her power is really dangerous or useful to the government, she might get snatched... There are some 'unsubstantial' stories about things like that... Or maybe her father knows her power will only become dangerous because the government is messing with her, like if it's emotion driven, triggered by panic (like being tested and registered) and he's the only one who can quell it. It's an interesting back story, definitely — but I'd be hesitant to let you bring the daughter along for the ride as an NPC. Eight or nine people is already pretty far above what I'm comfortable with. Honestly, the story might get all whacky because i'm not used to fitting so many different players into this. I thought about splitting you guys up into groups for the entire run, but no good ideas are coming to me. It'll more likely be splitting up while on 'missions' or the like.

Your second story is less interesting (if I can be honest), but it's good to have people on different sides of the law. This character (whose ability is more interesting than the other, actually) has obviously used his powers for bad, and is now escaping the consequences, instead of just being grouped together with the 'terrorist superhumans'. Might make for some drama within the group, if we get any pure-hearted characters (might be unlikely, as they're joining the mafia...).

Yeah the nuclear bomb was just an exaple for something really dangerour that government might want to get its hands on. And I'm not bringing her as NPC (unless I ask Mouse to be my daughter then it's pretty obvious she's tagging along), she's just for a reason for him to work with mafia.

Yeah I get that the 2nd one can be is less interesting, 70% of my thoughts were for Absorb-guy who I ended up getting rid of (basically Uvogin from HxH to be honest since he's on my Top 5 Villains of All Time). This new guy is (also) inspired from my Top 5 Villains, Arsene Lupin.

You could combine the two stories! Maybe a father estranged from his daughter because he chose to use his powers to be a master thief. Maybe he wanted his daughter to live a more normal life and just supported her and her mother financially from a distance? Then BOOM, surprise, all of his efforts were in vain because Sotto's character gets his daughter involved in superhuman merc business anyway, and they reunite in the same mafia group.

I was originally going to make her in her late 20s but I could make her a young woman instead, maybe college age? We could plot it out, if you'd be interested! I love intertwining characters.

That's a great idea! If you're onboard then lets PM about this, for now however I'm going to sleep.

You can have her as late 20s since I was planning on making him in his 40-50s anyway

Edited by Jekkusormi, 30 October 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#16 Nyx

Nyx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHomeWorld

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:52 AM

You know I was always interested in this ever since DSW asked me to join, but didn't want to overload the RP more then you already have.

So if you don't have room for anymore heads then I'll gladly sit out. 

Edited by Nyx, 31 October 2016 - 09:54 AM.

#17 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:23 AM

Of course you can join! One more person at this point doesn't make a big difference. Do you want me to roll your powers?

• Joey likes this

#18 Nyx

Nyx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHomeWorld

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:26 AM

Of course you can join! One more person at this point doesn't make a big difference. Do you want me to roll your powers?

Yes please, that would be lovely!~

#19 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:32 AM

I decided to use the Shadow Generation so you can use my other powers since you mentioned you are running low on those

#20 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

I'm not technically running low, but I get what you mean. If I come across vibration, absorbing or beacon while rolling for Nyx, I'll use them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users