67 replies to this topic

#21 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:06 AM

Many of the NPC's I've come up with are taking powers from your pools... I just can't help it. I've started to flip through the wiki and make a huge list of powers that I haven't dealt to anyone, so I can use them for my own characters.

Dang that sucks I was hoping to reserve a power for whatever the "second season" would be but I can understand the need.

I will most likely be going with location swapping. Just tell me my limits so I can keep them in mind while completing my character construction.

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#22 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:40 PM

To be honest, location swapping will need to be gimped a lot. I don't think it'll be very fun... I definitely shouldn't have put it in there in the first place.

Also, if we ever do another RP like this, it will most likely be random again, I like that. Forces people to make different types of characters (including me).

Edited by Hyouzou, 31 October 2016 - 12:44 PM.

#23 Joey

Joey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:42 PM

Did i lose the last spot? I meant to join

#24 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:43 PM

Nah, you can join too. Want me to roll powers?

#25 Joey

Joey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:46 PM

Yes you can and thanks

#26 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:50 PM

To be honest, location swapping will need to be gimped a lot. I don't think it'll be very fun... I definitely shouldn't have put it in there in the first place.

Also, if we ever do another RP like this, it will most likely be random again, I like that. Forces people to make different types of characters (including me).

Honestly speaking you rolled me some epic f'ing powers. Outside of liquid mimicry, which an argument can be made for, all of my abilities are diesel. Unless you nerf it to the point I can only move air I don't see how it wouldn't be fun, just challenging which would make it more entertaining. But that's just my opinion.

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#27 Marinian

Marinian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:44 AM

Is there room for an old soul come back to haunt his old home?

#28 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:43 AM

Of course. I'll roll your powers along with Nyx and Joey. 

#29 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:09 AM

Here comes some powers. I'll also add them to the big list on the first page, without my rants about them.

@NYX

Sense Inducement

Adhesive Secretion

Dermal Armor

Infra-Sound Hearing

Sense Incudement is one of those 'you can kinda do whatever you want with this one'. I won't let you equate it to creating illusions, try to be a little more creative. Maybe s/he can make people stop recognizing faces, or everything they see and hear appears to be dangerous. You could also be a slimy frog, a turtle or hear things.

@JOEY

Ice Embodiment

Plasma Bomb Generation

Pungency

Self-Resurrection

You can become ice, throw plasma bombs, be a virus, or come back to life. The last two are probably the loosest defined; the ones that you can come up with the most on your own.

@MARINIAN

Wallrunning

Laser Vision

Hydrokinetic Intangibility

Fauna Energy Manipulation

Spiderman around, shoot laser beams, turn into water, or be as strong as a gorilla and fast like a deer.

Edited by Hyouzou, 01 November 2016 - 10:11 AM.

#30 Nyx

Nyx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHomeWorld

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:25 PM

Here comes some powers. I'll also add them to the big list on the first page, without my rants about them.

@NYX

Sense Inducement

Adhesive Secretion

Dermal Armor

Infra-Sound Hearing

Sense Incudement is one of those 'you can kinda do whatever you want with this one'. I won't let you equate it to creating illusions, try to be a little more creative. Maybe s/he can make people stop recognizing faces, or everything they see and hear appears to be dangerous. You could also be a slimy frog, a turtle or hear things.

Okay, all of these sound fun!~ Although when you say I can be a frog person for Adhesive Secretion do you mean literally or ??? :mellow:  

#31 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:56 PM

Well, no. You won't be able to jump high or have a long tongue, but effectively you would be one. Sticky and slimy. 

Just a quick note, are you going to post in the RP with Courier New? I use it for emphasis on my posts and in the CS to give the RP a little aesthetic and consonance, and i'm just wondering if you're gonna make everything Courier.

Edited by Hyouzou, 01 November 2016 - 02:05 PM.

#32 Nyx

Nyx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHomeWorld

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:02 PM

Well, no. You won't be able to jump high or have a long tongue, but effectively you would be one. Sticky and slimy. 

Just a quick note, are you going to post in the RP with Courier New? I use it for emphasis on my posts and in the CS to give the RP a little aesthetic and consonance, and i'm just wondering if you're gonna make everything Courier.

Oh, okay! So that power for example, would I have to be in that slimy form all the time or would that be where my creative said comes in. 

Oh, if that gets in the way then no Courier New for posting in the RP. I honestly was only doing it to be unique or something dumb like that. 

#33 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:05 PM

You can decide everything. The frog thing was just a comment, you can be completely normal but able to secrete slime at will. Just try and make it interesting and tie into the character.

That's the same reason I use Courier, to be honest!

#34 Marinian

Marinian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:25 PM

I'm really liking the hydrokinetic intangibility and the fauna energy manipulation. I'm curious, with the hydrokineticism, would I be able to choose to be more forceful or is it just an alternate form of intangibility?

Also, if part of me was seperated from the rest while in water form, would I revert to normal missing a limb or something?

Edited by Marinian, 01 November 2016 - 02:27 PM.

#35 Joey

Joey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:30 PM

So essentially I become iceman with the ice powers.

#36 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

Mari, I'd say you'd at least have some rudimentary control over the water you become. I don't think your power should equate to water creation and manipulation, but I'll definitely let you just turn into a pool of water or slide down pipes.

Joey, yes, basically. You could try to spin it some other way.

#37 Marinian

Marinian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:10 PM

And if I get hit by a heat blast for example and part of me turns into steam and drifts away, what might happen when I turn back into a solid form?

#38 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:05 PM

I'd say that steam will unconsciously float itself back to you. All drops of water you become, will instinctively travel towards wherever you are. Makes it hard to determine where 'you' begins and ends, though. Let's just leave it at that before it gets all philosophical. But if someone captured a part of your watery self in a water-resistant container, i'd say you'd transform back missing a limb (not like an injury, though. Your arm just ends in a watery, dripping stump), but if you absorbed some new water, maybe you could restore yourself?

About being forceful with the power (which I missed when I first read your comment, sorry): You could definitely drown people, or do other stuff that intangibility allows, but your power is by nature mainly defensive. You could survive falls from any heigh, escape any cell. That's the main focus, in my opinion, but if you can come up with offensive applications, go for it, of course.

Edited by Hyouzou, 01 November 2016 - 04:11 PM.

#39 Marinian

Marinian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:26 PM

I like that watery stump idea, I'm gonna steal that. Give me a little bit and I'll have a cs posted.

#40 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDe Moon Baby! De Moon...

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:02 PM

Fauna Energy Manipulation seems like such a cool power. Hell almost of those powers within those list seem cool.

I kind of brought my choices down to Super Breath and Downward Gravity shenanigans. Still looking for away to have them fit a character although.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users