71 replies to this topic

#41 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:28 AM

yeah, your powers were pretty straight-forward. 

If anyone is stuck because of the powers, let me know and I'll give you another one to choose from.

I was initially not going to count fauna energy because it seemed so goofy. Can you shoot energy beams made out of monkey energy? That's ridiculous. But then I realized it can be interpreted more like 'can harness different animal spirits within themselves to physically augment their powers'. So if they need to jump, they become like a frog and do it. So your character has superhuman physical fitness, basically — but only one aspect at a time!

#42 Joey

Joey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:34 PM

Ill be taking the ice powers

#43 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:44 PM

Sure you don't wanna be pungent? A teen with such bad acne that others get it too. Just kidding.

• RathyOro likes this

#44 Joey

Joey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:12 PM

If I had those powers I'd spread viruses everywhere

#45 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:59 AM

So... I'm just waiting on people to post their CS:s. As soon as we get four people submitted and done, I want to get this up and going. The rest of you need to show some interest (i'm suddenly doubting all 12 of you are going to be active), or I'll reformat this RP back to a smaller group like initially. If you guys want to show me you're still interested and still working on stuff, I'll wait. I just don't want this to sink before it even touched water.

#46 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:27 AM

Sorry, just constructing a character I feel would mesh well.

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#47 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:18 PM

Yeah i'm still in. I wanted to read the comic that my character is based on first so I get some characteristics for him. Will make my CS tommorrow or the day after

#48 Joey

Joey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:31 PM

Ill make my cs tonight

#49 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:22 PM

Great! As long as I know people are still working on stuff I don't have to worry. Take your time! 

#50 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:51 PM

If my character isn't posted tonight it'll be up some time tomorrow.

#51 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:27 AM

My character:

Spoiler

Edited by Jekkusormi, 09 November 2016 - 02:34 PM.

• Hyouzou likes this

#52 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

Great job! Here's my reactions.

Cool name. I like Figaro, sounds both real and fantasy-esque (probably because of the opera, I guess). France doesn't exist here, though, but we can create a france-inspired faraway country/city.

Awesome appearance. I definitely love anytime someone strays from the standard RP 'angsty lean anime teen' which i'm often guilty of as well. 

Cameras definitely don't need lightbulbs anymore, this RP takes place in some sort of pseudo-reality where technology is both old-fashioned (think 50's style clothing, newspapers, subways..) but also modern or even futuristic (mostly military weapons). We can make it so cameras have those lightbulbs just for effect and looks, though. I like it! Surveillance cameras swiveling in the corners of banks can have tiny lightbulbs flashing all the time, haha.

I would prefer if the supernatural issue didn't become international (that just makes it so complicated, I feel). The RP will be solely based in New Punk City, with little to no references of other countries or even the country the city is in itself, besides immigrants or the occasional nod to some other culture. Perhaps your france could just be a part of the same nation as NPC, but that region is very french? The nation can be huge and accomodate all kinds of places. Just the city will have many different nationalities and chinatown/little italy style neighborhoods.

So your character has a slight preference for mental stats, and his forte is Knowledge. While this stat works for basically all information, I will center it around your character. I assume since your character was a burglar and worked with the mafia, that his knowledge is primarily about things like thievery and burglarly techniques, the criminal justice system, the underworld, and of course artifacts and comics (like valuing things and detecting forgeries).

Interesting wording about the ability: does this mean that if someone lights a candle inside the field, it can still emit light? Since you said 'absorbs all light around the outer layer'. I like that your character can't move the orb, it's an interesting limitation.

#53 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:08 PM

I know I said I'd have my character up by now, but shit happened (including but limited to my browser crashing when I was almost done typing all his info). So I'm gonna try and have it up sometime today, which might actually happen since I don't have work and am in desperate need of a distraction :P

• Hyouzou likes this

#54 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:25 PM

Great job! Here's my reactions.

Cool name. I like Figaro, sounds both real and fantasy-esque (probably because of the opera, I guess). France doesn't exist here, though, but we can create a france-inspired faraway country/city.

Awesome appearance. I definitely love anytime someone strays from the standard RP 'angsty lean anime teen' which i'm often guilty of as well. 

Cameras definitely don't need lightbulbs anymore, this RP takes place in some sort of pseudo-reality where technology is both old-fashioned (think 50's style clothing, newspapers, subways..) but also modern or even futuristic (mostly military weapons). We can make it so cameras have those lightbulbs just for effect and looks, though. I like it! Surveillance cameras swiveling in the corners of banks can have tiny lightbulbs flashing all the time, haha.

I would prefer if the supernatural issue didn't become international (that just makes it so complicated, I feel). The RP will be solely based in New Punk City, with little to no references of other countries or even the country the city is in itself, besides immigrants or the occasional nod to some other culture. Perhaps your france could just be a part of the same nation as NPC, but that region is very french? The nation can be huge and accomodate all kinds of places. Just the city will have many different nationalities and chinatown/little italy style neighborhoods.

So your character has a slight preference for mental stats, and his forte is Knowledge. While this stat works for basically all information, I will center it around your character. I assume since your character was a burglar and worked with the mafia, that his knowledge is primarily about things like thievery and burglarly techniques, the criminal justice system, the underworld, and of course artifacts and comics (like valuing things and detecting forgeries).

Interesting wording about the ability: does this mean that if someone lights a candle inside the field, it can still emit light? Since you said 'absorbs all light around the outer layer'. I like that your character can't move the orb, it's an interesting limitation.

I was surprised about the name myself, it came to me when listening to Bohemian Rhapsody ^^ Yeah since france doesn't exist then an french-y area is fine aswell.

sems like I edit the camera part away :D Since the theme was 50's and Don Rosa comics (which Arpin Lusene is from) are also from 50's I tohught they might have those old-fashioned cameras. It's good though that I get to edit away with a reason, 4 rumors seemed a bit much anyway.

Yeah I went for more mental because 1. He is a thief after all so knowledge and some dexterity is pretty much all you need. 2. He is getting old so it makes sense he has more wisdom due to his lifetime experiences and not so much physique since well, he isn't getting any younger. And yes, his knowledge is basically that.

I had written for about 1,5 hours so I was tired and the ability section sure looks messy so: Yes and no for the candle. You could light it but it wouldn't emit any light, but it can stil burn etc. Maybe a more correct way to describe this ability is that it creates a sphere, that absorbs all light inside, while also preventing any light getting in from the outside (well, since it absorbs all light inside, it might aswell let all light in, which would be absrobed immediately). I'm not an actual physicist so I'm not exactly sure how lightwaves work but I guess that would be best way to put it in words.

#55 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

Yeah, that makes sense. Darkness is the absence of light, so your power might just be the ability to emit some sort of particles that absorb light, making the area dark. This would also mean, that if a big spotlight is shining at some place, and you put your shadow field in the middle of the beam, anything beyond it is not going to get touched. It won't just pass through your field and anything in it can't see, it will absorb the beam. Might be an important distinction.

#56 Nyx

Nyx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHomeWorld

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:22 PM

I'm still interested!~ It's just the fact that right now I have limited access to a desktop computer outside work and classes so I have to pick and choose what to work on.  I do have a general idea on a character, just not sure how to translate that to this RP just yet. I want this done by the weekend if that's within my ability. 

• Hyouzou likes this

#57 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDe Moon Baby! De Moon...

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

yeah, your powers were pretty straight-forward. 

If anyone is stuck because of the powers, let me know and I'll give you another one to choose from.

Mind if I ask for this? I have an small idea for one of the others but would be cool to see what else might pop up.  

#58 Joey

Joey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:24 PM

Just placing the final touches on my cs

#59 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:51 PM

Seems like today was the most active day, huh? Great to see so many people still on board.

@DeSoulWolf

So now you've also got Boneless Body, and before you sigh and think "What a useless power!" picture this: The powers don't need to be word for word, right? So you've got the power to have your body be very flexible. You've got basically the power to contort, stretch, inflate, flatten,  and warp your body however you want. You're like a human silly putty. Perfect for a cat burglar, actually, shame Figaro couldn't get his hands on this one.

#60 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDe Moon Baby! De Moon...

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:33 PM

Seems like today was the most active day, huh? Great to see so many people still on board.

@DeSoulWolf

So now you've also got Boneless Body, and before you sigh and think "What a useless power!" picture this: The powers don't need to be word for word, right? So you've got the power to have your body be very flexible. You've got basically the power to contort, stretch, inflate, flatten,  and warp your body however you want. You're like a human silly putty. Perfect for a cat burglar, actually, shame Figaro couldn't get his hands on this one.

Actually this is pretty cool. I already imaged some of the possibilities before I clicked the link. I have an idea, however it's a character out of my comfort zone so I need to work it out first. 

• Hyouzou likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users