#62 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:25 AM

So is this a little bit of sci-fi? Like could we have vibroswords or laser-/plasmapistols or the like?

Edited by Raiden, 14 November 2016 - 09:26 AM.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#63 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:14 AM

Well, it is technically sci-fi. You'll probably come across some kind of futuristic thing or two, but that's not the focus. For all intents and purposes, this is just a blade runner-esque society but without all the cool tech. The technological setting is vague on purpose. Your technology is relegated to somewhere between the 50's and the start of the 00's. No smartphones or AI, but futuristic gear is possible. You just (generally) don't have access to it. If you want to have weapons, i'd say stuff like Mausers, revolvers, rusty katanas, gatling guns that shoot stakes. 

It's made this way because 1. I want 100% of the focus on your character to be your power and how it shapes your character. Giving you access to really cool stuff would relegate the power to just another one of your tools. It has to be the one tool. 2. it lets me get away with whatever without thinking too hard. Picture NPC's technology as near future in a world where physics and science don't really apply, but the average techno-joe has no access to anything grander than a tracking device from an 80's sci-fi movie. 

Just let me know what you want and I'll explain some more, I feel like i'm just rambling incoherently right now. 

Edited by Hyouzou, 14 November 2016 - 10:16 AM.

#64 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:19 PM

Well, it is technically sci-fi. You'll probably come across some kind of futuristic thing or two, but that's not the focus. For all intents and purposes, this is just a blade runner-esque society but without all the cool tech. The technological setting is vague on purpose. Your technology is relegated to somewhere between the 50's and the start of the 00's. No smartphones or AI, but futuristic gear is possible. You just (generally) don't have access to it. If you want to have weapons, i'd say stuff like Mausers, revolvers, rusty katanas, gatling guns that shoot stakes. 

It's made this way because 1. I want 100% of the focus on your character to be your power and how it shapes your character. Giving you access to really cool stuff would relegate the power to just another one of your tools. It has to be the one tool. 2. it lets me get away with whatever without thinking too hard. Picture NPC's technology as near future in a world where physics and science don't really apply, but the average techno-joe has no access to anything grander than a tracking device from an 80's sci-fi movie. 

Just let me know what you want and I'll explain some more, I feel like i'm just rambling incoherently right now. 

I want a vibrokatana for my char :D 

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#65 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:22 AM

You've got to explain how your character got such a pricey possession, though. And still, make sure it's not just an accessory, or that it takes precedence over his power.

#66 Joey

Joey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:32 PM

Sorry for the delay the power went out for the whole block. Been a very hellish time

#67 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:58 PM

Oh shit, I feel for you. Take your time! The rest of you though...  :glare: just kidding

#68 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:07 PM

Just posting this here for any future visitors: The RP didn't die because of me, I'm still here, I have everything planned out still. If you ever doubt my GM:ing for future RP:s, remember this moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users