20 replies to this topic

#1 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:43 PM

"Plot"

The story centers around four young men who are assigned to Nanba, the world's most formidable prison. Juugo, who attempted to break out of prison and ended up extending his jail time; Uno, who likes gambling and women; Rock, who likes eating and fighting; and Nico the ex drug addict who likes anime. The action follows the daily lives of the prison’s inmates and guards.

Genre: Stupidity, with a sprinkle action, and some dorama thrown in too(Action, Comedy, Drama)

I feel like I'm the only one who's obsessing over this? Dat seiyuu cast though. Tenimyu's Kimeru & Genki Ookawa, TsudaKen, Tomokazu Seki, Ire Shiozaki(Chris-Senpai~), Hosoyan, Soichiro Hoshi(using his Kasamatsu voice), Shunsuke Takeuchi(Yuki Masashi, Kyoutani and he'll voice Lovecraft from Bungou this season, this boy is awesome), and wow Xanxus(Masanori Ikeda), Belphegor(Yuuki Fujiwara) & Asari Ugetsu(Shouma Yamamoto) from Katekyo are all back to life after 84 years!! 

Will be spamming in this thread for the next 2 months.

Edited by Gattsu Pozu, 30 October 2016 - 02:43 PM.

h4wTwZf.gif

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10678 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

The last episode had me DYING of laughter for once lol

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:40 PM

The last episode had me DYING of laughter for once lol

My favorite part of the ep was the annoncer guy. xDD His "happy new year, you fuckers" cracked me up. The karuta part was pretty lulzy too.

• Tokoya likes this

h4wTwZf.gif

#4 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:40 PM

This is one of my faves this season, along with Hanamaru, Natsume and Drifters...

Hajime and Ikkaku from Bleach could be twins.

Also, I lol'd whenever the warden gets all :aww: about Hajime. 'I abused my power again. TEE HEE.'

#5 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:38 PM

EP 5:

Fav moments: Nico showing his nerdiness by shouting random shounen attacks like the burning finger and the jojo ones. And on the other end of the spectrum, we got Warden making people think that she's calculating the guards' strength, and her face turning red from anger because the guards are not strong enough. When she's really just imagining Hajime kabe-doning her shoujo style.

Spoiler

Looks like shit will go down with Jugo & Hosoyan's character in the next episode.

• Tokoya likes this

h4wTwZf.gif

#6 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:30 PM

I can't believe they left us with the exactly same cliffhanger ending as the previous episode. I got trolled hard. xD

tumblr_inline_ogpdcyquyo1r85m1q_540.png

We got a Tsukumo focused episode. His backstory was so silly but I loved it, honest.

h4wTwZf.gif

#7 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10678 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:13 PM

I can't believe they left us with the exactly same cliffhanger ending as the previous episode. I got trolled hard. xD

https://66.media.tumblr.com/42d9bf348384...

We got a Tsukumo focused episode. His backstory was so silly but I loved it, honest.

I know right lol

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#8 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:13 AM

Gorilla went ballistic on poor MC for no reason. :lmao:

h4wTwZf.gif

#9 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:26 AM

We got to know a bit about Jyuugo. I have never been a big fan of mysterious MCs, so I really appreciated that we got some info on his past and motives in this episode.

Ugh Hajime being preachy AF. Blonde fairy(or is it an elf) lurking in backgrounds is annoying me too. Show yourself already. 

h4wTwZf.gif

#10 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:07 PM

That scene at the end was priceless. Momo's smile made scream, lmfao why is she like this. Gorilla's reaction was hilarious, and Mitsuru took the joke too far, he's really an idiot.

Monkey is surprisingly smart for a monkey, as expected of Gorilla's rival, I guess.

Jyugu's reunion with his buddies was cute.

h4wTwZf.gif

#11 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

I can't help laughing at the contrast between the Fujiwaras(the couple from Natsume 5, they were the focus in this today's ep) & the Otogi couple in this series.

Spoiler

h4wTwZf.gif

#12 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

Elf needs to be caught ASAP. #JusticeForMusashi 

I was wondering who Xanxus' VA was going to voice(in the official site his character is blank), but I think I heard him in this episode! :aww: He was voicing the Supervisor/masked guy. Since I caught up with the manga now and knowing what the supervisor looks like, I understand why they chose him as his VA.

h4wTwZf.gif

#13 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:42 PM

This show sure is self aware huh :lol: 
tumblr_oivhl0quzc1vdq7m5o1_540.jpg

Alright final ep.

Obviously not the funniest thing ever but still it entertained me enough. Imo, the show shines the most to me when it focuses on its core concept of comedy, I'm not very much fond of the serious aspects of the show, tbh. 

Plus sides of the show:

+ Likeable and goofy characters. I still can't pick a favorite..but if I had to pick, I'd go with Rock from cell 13. And from the guards: Yamato & Mitsuru because they're such trolls. 

+ One of the things that draws me to the show is the aesthetic part.

.I really adore the characters nail paintings(the nanbaka inspired nail arts on twitter are seriously amazing o.o, and the author herself does some really nice nail artwork as well). This is perhaps my favorite from the manga extras.

.The body piercings(Rock's navel piercing is pretty dope :laugh:)

.The colorful art style, the sparkles..you can never have too much sparkles.

+ The VA cast is top notch. It's been so long since I've seen a lot of my favorite VAs in one show together.

- turns off:

I can't Elf. And that's it.

For now 3/10. Will probably raise it to a 4/10 after S2 ends.

h4wTwZf.gif

#14 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

Ep 2:

10/10 episode!! :lolxg: A big step up from last week's episode. Damn, Mitsuru got trolled so hard at the end. :laugh: Main bad guy revealed at the end, looks like shit will hit the fan in the next episode. Boo, no more sparkles from now on.

h4wTwZf.gif

#15 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

Ugh, this show has been so angsty lately. I want my cheerful babies back. Though seeing the guards being the ones spending time behind bars is massively amusing. The way they dragged away Kiji was hilarious.

Sanzo, Goku, Gojyo, Hakkai. Anddd the Saiyuki gang is now assembled. Enki is a giant. Like I'm talking about over 3 metres here, how's that even possible? Taking him down will be tough. I feel sorry for monkey, his brother King Kong did a number on him.

One of the Daisen siblings is also introduced. I forgot his name, but he cool.

Things are not looking good for Nico, he lost his medicine bag, and seems like it fell in the hands of the Saiyuki gang.

Looks like the other divisions (and the higher ups) still haven't noticed that shit is going down. Kenshirou(like the loyal dog he is) probably hasn't moved from the same spot Momo left him, Musashi is reading a book somewhere & Mitsuru is most likely in the monitor room, watching the whole world burn.

h4wTwZf.gif

#16 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:25 AM

Ep 5: Another great episode.

That's one creepy pig. He was/is some sort of a Chinese mafia boss? And Ling, Upa & possibly Qi used to work under him. Poor Nico along with the chinese duo are trapped with that nutcase. Looks like Nico is about to do something bad in the next episode.

The fight between Ling & Daisen was pretty cool.

h4wTwZf.gif

#17 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:12 PM

Oh shit, Nico's split personality comes out. Piggy should run for his life

Edited by Gattsu Pozu, 14 February 2017 - 07:13 PM.

h4wTwZf.gif

#18 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:50 PM

Lmao, Nico went apeshit on the pig guy, although the one who finished things was Qi.

Qi's backstory was pretty interesting, probably the best one yet. It was sweet of him giving his organs to Upa.

Next episode looks really good too, can't wait. Looks like the next villain up is the kappa guy.

h4wTwZf.gif

#19 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:50 AM

What a crazy episode. Kiji bribing Ruka with makeup had me laughing so hard. :laugh:

h4wTwZf.gif

#20 Gattsu Pozu

Gattsu Pozu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

Ep 23:

Probably best episode yet when it comes to actual fighting and stuff. The host duo was cool in this episode. Too bad their teamwork wasn't enough to take down the kappa guy, though. Looks like Enki & Inori will be in the next episode, can't wait.

h4wTwZf.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users