Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDe Moon Baby! De Moon...

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:21 PM

Cpn4QSR.png

The Setting/Universe –

The story takes place in the near future, where advances in technology has greatly affected how the world handles transference of international information and communication. With certain equipment you can literally see a menu of options with a slide of the hand. A personal device that handles the same personal needs your phone does today and more. Also nearly everyone has access to the ICSM (Interconnected Cyber Space Metropolis), which will be explained.

There are mostly three settings: The Original world, Digital World, and the InterSpace between them. The original world is about the same as ours, just think 50 years from now. With a little pie in the sky with how the world is connected but that’s for plot sake. The digital world hasn’t been fully developed yet however if you’ve seen any of the first four series or all of them think of a mix between Adventure and Frontier. InterSpace is kind of a mystery you’ll have to solve as a player. 

This is in the future but not super far, think about possibly 40 - 50 years or so. Meaning no commercial flying cars, and such yet however they are concepts that are close to that stage.

Terms 

Interconnected Cyber Space Metropolis or ICSM for short is as stated an interconnected world hub that was created around 20 years ago. The general difference between this and the once remembered internet is that instead of transmitting information on a screen, your mind can “physically” interact with the digital environment. By using a headset or one of the many stationed booths (ICSM or M - Spots) for the service, you can transfer a digital image that allows “feeling” though nervous system controls. The physical actions allow users to engage in many widespread services such as shopping, business transitions, and administrative procedures. The most important feature however is allowing people living in different counties to meet one another easily. They’re public and private connection points where people can meet, however for crime prevention purposes the avatar you appear as must look exactly like the Real World User. Even though ICSM is the acronym, people have shorted it even more, calling the space simply Metropolis. This is heavily based on EDEN from Digimon CyberSleuth and the internet from Digimon Our War Game if you want a visual representation.  

Hackers are individuals that have the ability to force programs or systems to deviate from its intended function for the hackers our ends. Through the use of the ICSM life has been made somewhat easier to deceive and steal valuable resources such as money, items, and information. Malicious hackers who are skilled enough are able to use avatars with different appearances. Not all hackers set out with malicious intent however they are still considered illegal in all forms. They are still called Red Hats for a reason.

Savers are individuals that have the ability and authority to force programs or systems to deviate from there intended function however choose to use that ability to help the common people. They can be hired by authority figures (government, police, ect.) for payment but also can be freelance as long as they have the correct certifications and licenses. Any Saver using their rights for malicious intent are deemed Hackers on the spot and face the same charges.  

Viruses are a type of malicious software program that when executed, replicates or infects other computer programs/systems. They take many shapes and forms but over the last decade they have rapidly changed in appearance, looking like little or sometimes larger monstrous. Many are advised to stay away from such programs. However unknown to most of the populous these “viruses” already have a name, Digimon.

D-Links, once known as a Linkers, are a personal devices that have in all ways surpassed the need for old smart phone technology. They have all the same functions and more, allowing people to make configurations based off one’s own style and personal needs. They all have a holographic display which you can operate by touching icons to access various applications.  Along with that to further personalize your experience you could also buy Wizards that come in basic models or custom. However, as a player you’ll go far beyond what is capable of the Linkers when they transform into the D-Links, your digivice. Not only do they make evolution possible but they also house other features you’ll have to discover over time. 

Characters –

Every character starts out as someone who’s just living out their everyday lives. Due to ICSM you can generally make any character you’d like without worrying about their origins. I like the original concept of the show so younger characters will be requested. Ages can range from Seven to Sixteen. (which basically means you’re older but still have a lot of growing to do) I’m aiming for up to nine players overall, but can easily start with as low as four.  

Characters and their relationships with each other along with their partners play a huge role in what makes Digimon work. While there will be NPCs and some plot threads, the story is focused on your characters and how they develop.

You will have to pick an embodiment of traits which is tailored to your character at some point. Meaning, you will have to choose a Crests from the original series. Those being: Courage, Friendship, Love, Sincerity, Knowledge, Reliability, Hope, Light, and Kindness. While your character doesn’t have to be based completely off the ideals behind the crest you should still embody some of the traits depending on the crest chosen. If you want to suggest another type of crest run it by me however I doubt it’ll be taken it since the original crest cover a lot of bases.

When it comes to the Digimon choice I’m being kind of super lax on which ones you can have. Majority of them are for the taking however certain evolution lines have important placement in the plot so you’ll be notified about that.

Progression –

I’m still in the process of deciding if I should make a stat system or just kind of let you guys wing it with approval from me.

I kind of want the Digimon to have different moves, based off their theme/weapon/ect. since being locked to the same two or three “Super Special Beam/Claw/Weapon” attack might get dull.

I might allow characters to have unique mental or physiological traits, but not sure just yet. In general I want your characters to do more then look at your monster buddy knock fist with another but we’ll see.

When it comes to the progress of the RPs story, I was thinking about kind of having an episodic flow. That would be at least be for the first arc I have planned. Each character will get the main focus for a couple of updates and switch with another, and we can bounce ideas off of each other to make that work out better. 

I’m overall planning a three major arc/saga structure for story. I’m being very flexible with it because I want to get a feel for the characters first but I have ideas for the general structure. I also will have a little help with the lore so I’ll have someone cleaning up any errors in writing I might make.

If you want your character to have some kind of deeper influence on the universe let me know in a PM and we’ll talk about it.  

Posting Activity –

Aiming for once a week, if not two depending on the turn out/unforeseen circumstances. While you don’t need to write out your entire life story, you should put some meat into your responses. At least a paragraph is welcomed. If you feel you don’t have much to work with in the update just let me know. 

Character Sheets (Human/Digimon) -

Spoiler Human

Spoiler Digimon

Edited by DeSoulWolf, 10 November 2016 - 11:56 AM.

• RathyOro likes this

#2 LoneWolfStark

LoneWolfStark

He Who Does Not Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Lonely

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:58 AM

Not sure this will be the final draft. Adjustments will be made as needed in the future.

Spoiler Human

Spoiler Digimon

• Insane Soul, Blue22, RathyOro and 2 others like this

Pettanko FC | To Aru Majutsu no Index FC

PtQ6aHD.png

"I won't make any excuses for myself. No matter what sins I must bear, I will continue my fight to the end."

Spoiler The List

Damanos: Well, that's what I mean
Damanos: It's "based" on the stepping on somebody's shadow thing
Damanos: But then Kubo bullshits however he wants beyond that
LoneWolfStark: YYH did that better
Damanos: "YYH did that better"
Damanos: Bleach in a nutshell

-Damanos, September 24, 2015

#3 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

Spoiler

Now my digimon cs
Spoiler

• Insane Soul, LoneWolfStark, Blue22 and 2 others like this

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#4 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:07 AM

Not sure this will be the final draft. Adjustments will be made as needed in the future.

Spoiler Human

Spoiler Digimon

Haha, I love this guy already. I'm expecting the dialog for these two to be fantastic. Approved!  :D

I like that people are playing around with their countries of origin. 

Spoiler

Now my digimon cs
Spoiler

Everything checks out here Rathy, Approved!  :D

I will finish my draft tonight-saturday.

Do not worry DSW, take your time, otherwise I am going to 11037 you so bad.

Go for it. I'll just reveal I was the mastermind all along later anyway. Death means nothing to me in the internet world. I've died like three or four times already and always come back somehow. 

Alright, for all those approved go ahead and post your characters in the cache.

Edited by DeSoulWolf, 06 November 2016 - 02:08 AM.

• Insane Soul and RathyOro like this

#5 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

Spoiler Human

Spoiler Digimon

Edited by Blue22, 06 November 2016 - 05:56 PM.

• Insane Soul, LoneWolfStark, RathyOro and 2 others like this

#6 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Harumaki

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

Spoiler Elizabeth

Spoiler 'Floppy

Small adjustments will be made, but that is pretty much my characters.

Edited by Insane Soul, 07 November 2016 - 03:18 PM.

• Raiden, LoneWolfStark, Blue22 and 3 others like this

AvjeFFM.png

Who you callin' a dumbass!? I'm Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars!

#7 ScaredyBaby

ScaredyBaby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:44 PM

Spoiler Landon

Spoiler Digimon

Just wanted to put down a start, will work on it more later

Edited by ScaredyBaby, 10 November 2016 - 11:11 PM.

• DeSoulWolf and Nyx like this

#8 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:08 AM

@RathyOro @Blue22 @Insane Soul @Raiden @LoneWolfStark

You all can post your CSs in the cache. They checkout for me. 

@ScaredyBaby

Looking forward to your character. :D  

Alright everyone, I apologize for the slow speed of starting this but I have the next two days mostly free and I'm going to use that time to update some information on RP overall and get the intro post up.  (Which I've had half done since last week =/ ) So look out for that stuff. 

• Insane Soul, LoneWolfStark and RathyOro like this

#9 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:02 AM

Let me know what you need help with.
  • DeSoulWolf likes this

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#10 Nyx

Nyx

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationHomeWorld

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:04 PM

Spoiler Fumnanya Noxolo

Spoiler Digivolution Line

So DSW said he was okay with this Digimon line. Since as he put it, Gatomon in general was always kind of that weird bridge between a rookie and champion anyway. So he was fine with her being put down as a rookie. Also since Sistermon don't really have much to go off of other then what's in the card game then it was fine to place the awaken form as an Ultimate.

Hope there is still a good amount of interest. 

Edited by Nyx, 09 November 2016 - 03:06 PM.

• Insane Soul, Raiden, LoneWolfStark and 2 others like this

#11 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 05:38 PM

Let me know what you need help with.

Cool. I'll PM you when I need to. 

Spoiler Fumnanya Noxolo

Spoiler Digivolution Line

So DSW said he was okay with this Digimon line. Since as he put it, Gatomon in general was always kind of that weird bridge between a rookie and champion anyway. So he was fine with her being put down as a rookie. Also since Sistermon don't really have much to go off of other then what's in the card game then it was fine to place the awaken form as an Ultimate.

Hope there is still a good amount of interest. 

Nice. I like them. Letting the flashes pass since that could be for a cool plot thread. Need to talk to you about those details later.  I can also find some way to work the parents in you'd like. Approved!  :D  To the cache with you!

Working on opening post now...

#12 ScaredyBaby

ScaredyBaby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:46 PM

Looking forward to your character.   

Alright, should be good now, let me know if I should change anything.  With Dorumon's bio, I added another digimon, so if I need to change it I understand!

#13 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:37 AM

Alright, should be good now, let me know if I should change anything.  With Dorumon's bio, I added another digimon, so if I need to change it I understand!

I'm a bit surprised you didn't go for Alphamon as Mega ^^

• RathyOro likes this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#14 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:08 PM

Spoiler Landon

Spoiler Digimon

Just wanted to put down a start, will work on it more later

They sound like an interesting bunch! I like them! So the only thing I noticed was that it seems your human character comes off that they've never been on the ICSM (bascilly on the internet) before. That's a bit odd since even today, a kid can be introduced to the internet just at the age of one in our world. Although I might be reading that wrong. Anyway, I dub this pair Approved!  :D To the Cache with you!

In fact, to the Info Cache for all of you that haven't posted your characters yet!  

Anyway...So yeah the RP as started. That's a things. So like go post or something. I don't know, I'm giving you like a week and stuff so yeah...Go Post!...And I'll shut hell up now. 

Just one more then, I'm going to be updating some info later on the front page and Info cache, so look forward to that. 

Edited by DeSoulWolf, 10 November 2016 - 12:09 PM.

• RathyOro likes this

#15 ScaredyBaby

ScaredyBaby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:23 PM

They sound like an interesting bunch! I like them! So the only thing I noticed was that it seems your human character comes off that they've never been on the ICSM (bascilly on the internet) before. That's a bit odd since even today, a kid can be introduced to the internet just at the age of one in our world. Although I might be reading that wrong. Anyway, I dub this pair Approved!   To the Cache with you!

In fact, to the Info Cache for all of you that haven't posted your characters yet!  

Anyway...So yeah the RP as started. That's a things. So like go post or something. I don't know, I'm giving you like a week and stuff so yeah...Go Post!...And I'll shut hell up now. 

Just one more then, I'm going to be updating some info later on the front page and Info cache, so look forward to that. 

Yeah, I thought the ICSM was on for like 5 years and not 20, haha. My bad, I can change that.  I sort of just added the app at the end cause I needed a way to get on the ICSM. Sorry about that! I did want to make him more unaware of the ICSM though

#16 DeSoulWolf

DeSoulWolf

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, I thought the ICSM was on for like 5 years and not 20, haha. My bad, I can change that.  I sort of just added the app at the end cause I needed a way to get on the ICSM. Sorry about that! I did want to make him more unaware of the ICSM though

That's fine. You can have a character that just never used the service much, just something I wanted to point out.  

#17 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Harumaki

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

7drHiqr.gif

• RathyOro, DeSoulWolf, ScaredyBaby and 1 other like this

AvjeFFM.png

#18 LoneWolfStark

LoneWolfStark

He Who Does Not Post

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Lonely

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:26 PM

You really love me, don't you SoulWolf?

You couldn't have handed Cyril a better OP than that.

• RathyOro, DeSoulWolf and Nyx like this

Pettanko FC | To Aru Majutsu no Index FC

PtQ6aHD.png

"I won't make any excuses for myself. No matter what sins I must bear, I will continue my fight to the end."

Spoiler The List

Damanos: Well, that's what I mean
Damanos: It's "based" on the stepping on somebody's shadow thing
Damanos: But then Kubo bullshits however he wants beyond that
LoneWolfStark: YYH did that better
Damanos: "YYH did that better"
Damanos: Bleach in a nutshell

-Damanos, September 24, 2015

#19 ScaredyBaby

ScaredyBaby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

I'm a bit surprised you didn't go for Alphamon as Mega ^^

Alphamon is too bulky for me. And also, I didn't want to use him cause of tri haha

But Dorugoramon just has that cool look to him, and I like dorumon cause of his dragon design, I don't want him to become a warrior in some RPG. haha

• Raiden likes this

#20 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

Harumaki

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • LocationUmu

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:23 PM

I will be posting tomorrow.

• DeSoulWolf and ScaredyBaby like this

AvjeFFM.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users