Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,312 posts
  • LocationThe Land where Dreams come true

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:48 PM

Courtesy of Yonkou Prod: https://yonkouprod.c...en/0/515/page/1

• azer_moli and RhyssaFireheart like this

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. When he suffers a disease? No. When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten! - Dr.Hiluluk

s7218980.jpg

#2 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:47 PM

Wow what a chapter, and Irene's story it does remind of actually fairy tales, how ironic. I have seen some scumbag dads in fiction, heck look no further than Minerva's dad, heck Laxus' dad is not exactly father of the year material, but oh man, Erza's dad what a totally scumbag. Suddenly Lucy's dad is not looking so bad. Cana you are so lucky, you don't need even know it.

But now everything makes sense with Irene, the scar of course, and the whole exchange with Fliore.

Irene becoming a dragon for so long, she lost her mind, you have to wonder what role she played in history when she was a dragon.

Well that was an intense chapter, I have to wonder how this fight will end, I see the loop hole for Erza winning, Irene's enchantment took a while to take effect or Erza's has to awaken her power, and she will be an equal match for Irene and she will defeat her. Calling it.

• Blue22 likes this

#3 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,204 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:42 PM

Wonder if Irene and Igneel ever knew each other. 

An extremely well-written backstory, but I'm still not sure what purpose this serves to the story and/or to Erza's character.

This doesn't change her, this doesn't challenge who she is. Hell, the last few pages is fairly straightforward as to Erza's reaction. She doesn't care for her origins. All she cares about is protecting Fairy Tail. This is the same Erza we've been seeing for almost a decade.

Unless Mashima plans on expanding the fold and bringing Irene into the cast of protagonists for future arcs, this really doesn't do much of anything.

That all being said, I did enjoy reading this chapter. Looking forward to seeing whatever Natsu's up to.

Edited by Phenomiracle, 20 December 2016 - 10:45 PM.

• azer_moli and Fenrix like this

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#4 MAX_COLA_POWER!

MAX_COLA_POWER!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • LocationIn a Locationy place.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:08 PM

I did like the poetic irony of it. Losing the only thing that actually made her still human.

• azer_moli likes this

#5 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,284 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:42 AM

This was a dark chapter O_O

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#6 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,968 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:08 AM

Interesting somewhat. 

But the ending where she just refers to Erza as being worthless trash and abandons her, feels rather forced an stupid. 

Sure she seemed like she was a bit unhinged. However just discarding the child you've been harboring for centuries, who you've been very caring about for just as long, and ....... point is she was obsessed with this childs well being, that it was all that really kept her being well ... her. So Eileen just throwing it away like nothing .. feels a little forced.

Also I agree with Ultra, that this really doesn't change anything for Erza. Non of this phases her or will impact her in any way.

Unless of course Erza starts going all dragon and will end up like Eileen, then maybe that'll have some effect.

As is though? It's rather pointless to a degree. 

Edited by Narubi, 21 December 2016 - 02:08 AM.

#7 Fenrix

Fenrix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:36 AM

I actually enjoyed reading this O_____o

Hmm, I guess I do appreciate Mashima taking the time to create a detailed backstory for Erza's origins through Eileen. However, we all know that Erza isn't going to be affected much by the revelation, so these past few chapters were just an elaborate way for Mashima to set up the uber power-up coming Erza's way. 

#8 Elixir

Elixir

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:17 AM

Literally a snoozefest. Like am I suppose to care and related with Irene or something? Especially for a character who’s pretty much plot a device for Mary Sue Erza to get even more relevancy and gain even more asspull powerups?. The fight itself is going to suck in trend with most of Erza’s fights, I can’t wait till it ends. Erza: Poorly written character at best.

• Moon_Hermit likes this

#9 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:33 AM

Eh kinda funny chapter. I mean I hate Irene still but now I actually pity the bitch somewhat.

Her behaviour & actions make sense cause really she's jsut fucking crazy, thats it. All that repeated torture, centuries of hell completly eroded her mind & the only thing that kept her from shatterring was the thought of staying human, being pregnant helped give evidence to that claim. It was till Zeref unintentionally gave her a false hope spot was when she completely broke, he didn't mean it but Irene didn't listen to him & foolishly thought herself still human when all evidence pointed towards the opposite & as result of her inability to accept reality she went bug fuck becoming jealous that her child is the one thing she wants to be & so she grew to hate it. It makes sense. What we see in Irene is nothing more than a façade of sanity, an "act". She is nothing more than a monster masquerading as a human while Acno is a monster masquerading as a dragon humorously enough. No wonder he respects her, she is one of the few D-Sayers to have successfully become a dragon. They directly parallel each other cause their both fucking sociopaths.

I mean honestly this is a pretty decent backstory, it makes sense surprisingly enough & hell also makes Zeref look better as a wizard & a person. Its just sadly everything's already gone kinda crappy so its not gonna improve anything & yeah it not gonna change Erza in anyway at least in a positive way. A waste of perfectly good origin story, I should make a note of it.

Edited by Slimcoder, 21 December 2016 - 04:34 AM.

#10 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:24 AM

Eileen is herself a victim of the story. I'm curious as to what will happen now between the mother and the child. I agree that her "omg I dont care about you" was a little bit forced, but at the same time what Erza said was hasty too, I mean she has the responsibilities and stuff, but it's her mother who tried to save the world and lost everything, so some empathy either? Eileen even abandoned Erza in this Rosemary village, not somewhere in forest, desert or other dimension where she would die. You don't take such lenghts (visiting different continent) as to throw you thrash.

There is still much to the story. 

Then if she is a dragon, why didn't Acno comment on that when they met?

#11 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,360 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:51 AM

I mean it's clear that she hated being a dragon, and after Zeref gave her that ray of hope, was ruined when it was certain that she was still a dragon. Irene legit had a mental breakdown, with Erza ruining her other glimmer of hope.

#12 Tallen The Driftor

Tallen The Driftor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:08 AM

O.o Wow that was an awesome read!

Ok Erza shouldn't change because she grew up abandoned alone in the first place and hearing some sob story wouldn't really make her go "Mommy why?" Think about Erza had her fair share of torture as a child but she managed to find a true family within Fairy Tail. She never had a mother and the fact that Ireen is pretty much acknowledging that Erza is simply a tool couldn't make use of just pretty much keeps the status quo.

Now as for Dragon Queen her spiral into madness makes perfect sense if you can imagine being betrayed by your lover and kingdom just because your body was undergoing a rather unforseen change and being called a monster for years and years , then only to actually become a Dragon and be stuck in that form for a century and get your original form back only for it to simply be a facade. Then you get an idea what if I can somehow become the baby? Guess what ya can't so naturally you'd reach a conclusion of "Why am I'm even keeping you around for if you can't even help me regain my humanity?!"

As someone posted the irony of it all was that she threw away the one proof of her "Humanity" that being Erza. As for those wondering why the hell that pregnancy took so long well when it comes to normal dragons in stories their eggs usually doesn't hatch for centuries after being laid so the inspiration might've been drawn from that. Also think about this Erza has been inside Ireene for an extremely long time and that can easily explain her strength at least it does to me.

#13 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:01 AM

So is she just some regular ass dragon ? Or does she have a special ability? Like if she was to take a human on to teach it DS what element would it be ?

#14 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,056 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

Interesting somewhat. 

But the ending where she just refers to Erza as being worthless trash and abandons her, feels rather forced an stupid. 

Sure she seemed like she was a bit unhinged. However just discarding the child you've been harboring for centuries, who you've been very caring about for just as long, and ....... point is she was obsessed with this childs well being, that it was all that really kept her being well ... her. So Eileen just throwing it away like nothing .. feels a little forced.

Also I agree with Ultra, that this really doesn't change anything for Erza. Non of this phases her or will impact her in any way.

Unless of course Erza starts going all dragon and will end up like Eileen, then maybe that'll have some effect.

As is though? It's rather pointless to a degree. 

She cared a lot the first three years. 

Then she had four thousands years alone, as a dragon. She became quite mad during that time. 

She remembered the child, which was only a mean to become a real human again for her. 

It failed. 

Why would she care anymore about that thing?

To me, it makes sense. She had stopped caring about as a human would. She was mad. 

I don't see how she could even have raised Erza as a proper mother. 

Though as said above, it might have helped her getting back her humanity over time. 

• Chillman likes this

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#15 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:24 AM

a secretly liberal message! Everyone knows life begins at conception! #pro life! Erza shouldn't of been able to leave that barrier.

I mean she can't eat or sleep but isn't being an immortal dragon with the body of an attractive human good enough?

Now that we know she is a dragon her lose to arcnologia seems really sad..... she is a dragon slayer with the power of a dragon and had been alive as long as arcnologia.... and invented enchantment magic.....why did she lose so badly?

Also arcnologia needs his nose checked he is now officially wrong about the number of dragon slayers alive.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#16 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,056 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:57 AM

a secretly liberal message! Everyone knows life begins at conception! #pro life! Erza shouldn't of been able to leave that barrier.

Yet, when you say how old you are, you don't start at your conception but at birth. 

Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy have not lived for hundreds of years, but they were born, for the first time, hundreds of years ago.

That's all that matters. 

• Blue22, KUROkami and Chillman like this

#17 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:03 AM

Yet, when you say how old you are, you don't start at your conception but at birth.
Natsu, Gajeel and Wendy have not lived for hundreds of years, but they were born, for the first time, hundreds of years ago.
That's all that matters.

Oh my god...... you are right

Any 20 year olds out there go try to buy beer and tell them what was said here!!!!

"Sorry sir you are too young to buy alcohol!"
"Life begins at conception you baby murdering bitch!!! That makes me 9 months older!"
"But it says here you just turned 20 last week"
"Also I was a preme so I was only in the womb for 8 months."
"Get out of my store....."

Any takers? You know I will find some 20 year olds my self this will be great.

On a more on topic note...

Hey I was wondering where my fan service was at! I missed you fanservice tail! It just isn't the same when they are covered in bruises

Edited by captain kidd, 21 December 2016 - 10:05 AM.

banner.png

#18 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,056 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:15 AM

@captain kidd Were you trying to be witty?

Also arcnologia needs his nose checked he is now officially wrong about the number of dragon slayers alive.

Also, about that: all the dragon slayers Acnologia mentioned are those who are not dragonized yet. They're still humans with dragon powers. Irene doesn't fall in that category, which might be the reason why Acnologia didn't mention her at all, whatever his reasons are.

• Chillman likes this

#19 alekos23

alekos23

No Sardine

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:55 AM

I don't quite see how this backstory would impact Erza at any level.What does she get from it,

"Stay away from political marriages"?

"Don't trust Black Wizards in the woods"?

"Make sure to use protection during wars,and makeup's a must"?

"If fodders and your plebeian husband try to capture you,remember you actually have magic,unlike them"?

"No matter how much it ruins your figure,it's best not to prolong a pregnancy 533 times past their dues"?

Edited by alekos23, 21 December 2016 - 10:58 AM.

#20 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:06 AM

Hahaha I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.

Irene skipped over the only part that impacted erza.

"I was queen of dragons and I invented dragon slayer magic and I had a husband who wasn't arcnologia and i was in prison and I was tortured and I turned into a dragon and I lived for 400 years and I met zerff who I am now calling by his name here instead of what we call him, and I was sad and I wanted to be human again"
"Weren't you going to tell me about our relationship?"
"Oh right I gave birth to you and threw you out"

You know when Irene said "there is something called magic" I thought hiro was going to tell us Irene invented magic.....

banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users