#21 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:22 PM

We questioned in the first chapter how Boruto activated the BG in his scarred eye without the veins appearing on that side of his face.

In this chapter and the last chapter, the new artist has drawn both Kinshiki and Momoshiki, in multiple panels, having their BG eye active without any veins on their eyes. If you look carefully at their eyes, there is sometimes a ring in the iris that only appears when the irides bulge while the BG is active. However, there are other panels where their eyes are plain and without pupils, also without veins bulging around their eyes.

Based on when it appears (and in who) it seems the new author added a partial or passive activation form for the BG. For Momoshiki and Kinshiki, it can easily be that they have such high chakra levels that they can activate the eye without any extra input/effort or blood flow. After Momoshiki eats Kinshiki, his BG passively activates and stays passively active during the whole time we see him in his......whatever his new form is.

I specifically think it is passive activation rather than full activation for two reasons. First, when Kinshiki was surprise attacked by the mud-villa-china-lady he had his irides flexed without having the veins present around his eyes. So, if he had full BG vision, he shouldn't have been confused at all by her appearance. He should have seen her under the mound of dirt that was rising up and just tried to flatten her before she had time to emerge and throw a punch. Second, when Momosiki looked at Boruto and Naruto to confirm that Boruto had not received any of the fox's power, Momoshiki used a fully activated BG that made the veins in his face bulge. If the passive form granted full BG penetrative chakra vision, neither of those scenes should have happened the way they did.

I'm not even sure that Momoshiki and Kinshiki are activating their BG passively on purpose, the eye may just be responding to their increased chakra level the same way a normal person's eyes consume more energy and chakra if the person is looking at something very hard (a normal person in Naruto) 

However, for Boruto activating the BG eye with his cursed seal, I think that is a purposeful, full activation of the eye. What all of this shows us is why Boruto does not have veins bulging in his face. It is because it is possible to activate the BG using chakra alone if you pump enough into it.

Also, Momoshiki used Full Body Blow to blow everything up and cut down the tree. Add one more to the pile of Gentle Fist/Hyuuga easter eggs I've found laying around the manga.

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#22 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

We get it man you really like the Byakugan. Could also be artist inconsistency.

#23 Ultrafragor

Ultrafragor

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts
  • LocationVigrid

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:37 PM

It's the only thing that still interests me enough to theorize about.

It seems too consistent to be an artist error. It has appeared in a lot of panels in the last two chapters. Even though, in those same chapters, Momoshiki and Kinshiki both actually activate their BG. It has happened too much for it to just be a mistake. 

0680-007%20-%20Copy_zpsyjmuhkna.png

#24 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

That panel with Momoshiki jumping to continue attacking Naruto, after knocking the latter away, is one of the most Dragon Ball'ish panels i've ever seen in this series :lolxg: Straight up looks like Momoshiki powered up and then blasted off, flying after Naruto with his Ki Aura

Didn't like some of the changes they made to the fight.

That's now what Ultra is saying though. He's saying that Kaguya has one specific blind spot, but that she still can't be completely focused on nearly 360 degrees (For miles around her at that) at any one time in the middle of a pretty large scale battle. I'd say that makes perfect sense and it'd actually be ridiculous if anyone could. In fact, Naruto surprised Neji in almost the exact same way that Sakura surprises Kaguya during their fight, only coming at him from directly beneath him, instead of directly above him.

I thought exactly the same! :D It's sooo Dragon Ball-ish, and even the next page, where Naruto goes SuperSayan to stop the punch.

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#25 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

Thought this was an interesting vid, since I remember a bunch of us had a similar debate shortly after the Boruto film first came out.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#26 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

Well for starts they're all going into this with the belief that Kaguya is weaker than Momoshiki. So the likeliness that they'll even consider otherwise through proper examination, is very small from the sounds of it.

But really I stopped halfway cause I couldn't stand listening to them and their bullshit anymore. 

I think they're taking things a little much for granted, as well laughing off things just to stay with the notion that Momoshiki >>>>> Kaguya. 

Either way. For me, there could be a chance that Momo is stronger in some way than Kaguya, but then again there could be as well a chance that Kaguya is better than Momoshiki. I doubt we'll ever really know. An really just best to go with what you want to believe on the matter.

An if you want to take those guys's word on this, then go for it. However I think their full of it TBH. 

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#27 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:53 PM

Well, it took all of Team 7, some hax, and some bs to seal Kaguya. It took Naruto, Sasuke, and Boruto to kill Momo.

#28 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:03 PM

Well, it took all of Team 7, some hax, and some bs to seal Kaguya. It took Naruto, Sasuke, and Boruto to kill Momo.

Obito too. ;) 

But yeah that's one thing I didn't like. They make it sound like Naruto and Sasuke, straight up BEAT Kaguya. Which is laughably wrong. Since the only way of stopping her was to seal her, just like Hagoromo and Hamura. Cause none of them had what it takes to outright beat Kaguya.

An to go along with that. They also said that Naruto and Sasuke knew the full scope of Kaguya's power. Which is something I again feel to be false. Cause aside from plot holding back Kaguya. I don't think we saw even half of what her fullest power and capabilities were. For if we were, Naruto and Sasuke along with Kakashi, Sakura, and Obito, would be toast IMO. Not that they shouldn't have been with what she was doing already. lol

Just ... ugh.

Again believe what you will in regards to which of the two is better.

But for me, in regards to these guys. I just think their full of shit, to be quite honest. 

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#29 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

Obito too.  

I said hax and bs.

#30 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,941 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2017 - 12:25 AM

Adult Naruto with 100% of Kurama's chakra and Adult Sasuke whom are both considerably stronger than when they fought Kaguya

• Ace1225 likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#31 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:28 AM

Adult Naruto with 100% of Kurama's chakra and Adult Sasuke whom are both considerably stronger than when they fought Kaguya

Plus, as they point out in the video, the 5 Kage, all of whom, just like Naruto and Sasuke, had 12+ years more experience than they did during the 4th Ninja War. Momoshiki or Kinshiki could be dead even with Kaguya in every category and Naruto and Sasuke should still, logically, perform much better against either of them than they did against Kaguya (And they weren't doing bad against her to begin with), since both are more powerful than they were then, also having had time to actually master abilities that they were just gaining at the end of the 4th Ninja War. Hell, Naruto as of The Last, which is also mentioned in the video, should perform better than the Naruto of the 4th Ninja War.

I was really just posting the video for people to watch, enjoy, and consider on their own though.

• Tokoya likes this

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#32 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:52 AM

I said hax and bs.

Hey, Obito and to a smaller extent Madara is pretty much synonymous with hax and bs and a lot of the major reasons why this manga went wrong and turned into trash.

#33 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:24 AM

Wait, why are Naruto and Sasuke stronger now? Naruto doesn't have the balls, Naruto only has the Kyuubi chakra while he had all a part of all the others vs Kaguya, Sasuke is one arm short.

I mean, can Naruto do this? (Real question I don't pay much attention anymore)

Spoiler

Against Momo, there is no perfect Susanoo weilding Kamui swords with a tactical genius-infused with Rikudou's chakra on it's head

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#34 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

Wait, why are Naruto and Sasuke stronger now? Naruto doesn't have the balls, Naruto only has the Kyuubi chakra while he had all a part of all the others vs Kaguya, Sasuke is one arm short.
I mean, can Naruto do this? (Real question I don't pay much attention anymore)

Against Momo, there is no perfect Susanoo weilding Kamui swords with a tactical genius-infused with Rikudou's chakra on it's head
Both halves of Kyuubi Chakra, for one thing, is far more chakra than the small pieces he gained from the other Bijuu. In terms of whether he still has that chakra or not, we've seen no evidence that he does. He's also got Hashirama's cells. Honestly, he was more powerful in The Last than he was during the war, where he displayed the ability of flight and easily brushed off a moon busting attack, which itself consisted of Toneri's own Truth Seeking Balls,along with focusing his entire chakra cloak into one attack. Then keep in mind that Current Naruto is at least 12 years after The Last. You've then got him being capable of fighting evenly with Momoshiki and Kinshiki as well.

Sasuke is missing an arm, but honestly hasn't been shown to be hurting from the loss at all. His speed, hand to hand combat, and sword style during Boruto's film were just as solid as they've always been, with Sasuke easily switching between using a sword or his hand. The film also saw him utilizing a brand new teleportation technique, in order to get to the other dimension, displaying an increased ability with his Rinnegan. I'd also say he's shown to have a better grasp of the teleportation technique he was using during the final battle with Madara as well.

Really, losing the other pieces of the Bijuu and the arm would suck, but shouldn't be anything that's still a major loss after over 12 years. Also have to keep in mind that he film showed both of them taking on 2 guys who Kaguya feared enough to see the need to create a massive army for. Even if they werent equal to her, that clearly marks them as a fairly large threat, which Naruto and the others all do just fine against. And, seeing as they were eating fruit from the God Tree as well, they weren't going to be massively weaker than a person that did the same.

Granted, Kakashi isn't there lol but 4 other Kage are.

Edited by Ace1225, 15 January 2017 - 09:33 AM.

• Strobacaxi and Ace1225 like this

#35 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,941 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:38 AM

Lets not forget how Sasuke can casually destroy meteors with his regular Chidori lol

"If he's not around here, the only one who can protect this village, is I" 

- SasGOAT UchiHAX

Best scene in that entire movie that still makes me explode all over my computer screen...Still can't believe that I spent almost 10 years of my life hating this man 

Edited by Tokoya, 15 January 2017 - 10:44 AM.

• Ace1225 likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#36 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:40 AM

And then easily just dash/teleport away before anyone save Kakashi notices lol.
  • Tokoya likes this

#37 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,941 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

Just look at this greatness man.....Itachi and Naruto has molded this guy into the greatest....The way they did made no sense but that's neither here nor there lol, you both have done well :lmao:

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#38 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

yes, sasuke is a way better ninja than naruto. Sasuke could actual fight, use more than one jutus, had a brain on his shoulders.

Why at the end of the story naruto and sasuke tie is just BS. Or the nine tails is broken as fuck.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#39 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

Naruto isn't bad by any means by the end of the story, but I think Sasuke is the most...balanced or well-rounded character in the story when it comes to actual ability.

#40 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,941 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

yes, sasuke is a way better ninja than naruto. Sasuke could actual fight, use more than one jutus, had a brain on his shoulders.

Why at the end of the story naruto and sasuke tie is just BS. Or the nine tails is broken as fuck.

Sasuke beat his ass to kingdom come regardless...I will never forget how at the start of the fight, Sasuke just REKT him like he was fighting an academy student and then there was the part where he used Naruto himself to complete the hand signs for his Grand Fire Ball Jutsu  :aww:  :aww:  :aww:  :aww:  :aww:  :aww:

Edited by Tokoya, 15 January 2017 - 11:17 AM.

• waleuska likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users