• This topic is locked This topic is locked
300 replies to this topic

#41 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1921 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

How is that a diss against Oda? Even the first time we saw Sanji talk about it, Nami and Kalifa called him out on it. It'd be sexist if every male character was like that.

Well also Nami and Robin they never get any good fights, and the thing that opened my eyes and will to this day make me look at Oda different when it comes to his attitude towards women is what happened with Rebeca, that is one of my biggest fu to women that I have even seen in modern day literature. Oda has a lot to redeem himself for that.

Until that day, when it comes to being champions of women, Hiro Mashima > Eiichiro Oda.

Edited by Magic Man, 29 December 2016 - 11:59 AM.

• D.Hyuga likes this

#42 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4552 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:58 AM

Well also Nami and Robin they never get any good fights, and the thing that opened my eyes and will to this day make me look at Oda different when it comes to his attitude towards women is what happened with Rebeca, that is one of my biggest fu to women that I have even seen in modern day literature.

Nami has defeated two powerful women on her own. Robin I understand, but she joined later. Brook hasn't had much of a good fight either (if you define good fights by winning). I don't get why you're upset at Rebecca. She's a fighter but she's also a traumatized person. She also has haki, which is more than what we can say than Nami and Robin, or even some of the male SHs.

Fu to women? Have you read HSDK, Fairy Tail, or 7 Deadly Sins? Even Naruto, where the main females are lovestruck girls who can barely compete with main men.

• retroluffy13, dbgetblack and denimdragon like this

#43 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7885 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:07 PM

Well there is difference between Sanji in self defense, or protect those he loves, and who said Pudding was weak, I think this chapter proves she is a force to be wreaking with, difference between that and what his brother did to that chief earlier in the arc. There is a balance.

Ya zoro is a good balance. How zoro dealt with money. He cut her to show her he is boss but didn't kill her.

Please pudding is weak, no character with a DF that stupidnis strong.
  • PunkHazard likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#44 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1921 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:08 PM

Nami has defeated two powerful women on her own. Robin I understand, but she joined later. Brook hasn't had much of a good fight either (if you define good fights by winning). I don't get why you're upset at Rebecca. She's a fighter but she's also a traumatized person. She also has haki, which is more than what we can say than Nami and Robin, or even some of the male SHs.

Fu to women? Have you read HSDK, Fairy Tail, or 7 Deadly Sins? Even Naruto, where the main females are lovestruck girls who can barely compete with main men.

Fairy Tail, have you seen what Lucy has done of late, Hiro is doing a great job with her, she is not a damsel anymore.  Yes a lot of fan service, but the kick butt in those outfits, I rather have that than a bunch of damsel that always need to be saved.

I am sorry Rebeca thing just lift a bad taste in my mouth, that I don't know if I am ever going to get over. If she just would have tried to fight, got her butt kick, and her dad save the day, like what happened with Cana in the Tenrou Island arc that would been fine.

#45 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7885 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:11 PM

luffy can always find another chef. would they be as strong as sanji is? probably not. would they be as good at cooking as sanji is? probably now. but he could do it easily. there are a lot f cooks in the world.

or alternatively, the crew could all take turns n chef duty as well barring luffy because he cant cook.

but he wasn't sacrificing his life he was sacrificing his dream. at most, his life was just a gamble. and sanjis dream isn't worth zeffs life to him, obviously. again, were back to impossible choices, and sanji made a call that gave himself the raw end of the stick in the end.

I guess we need to have a debate now on what is a life and the risks Sanji should of been aware of.

From the moment we found out about Sanji being told to marry into the BM crew I never once thought this was about the G66 and it was entirely a plot by BM to get back at luffy. Looks like I was probably wrong about that. But Sanji should of known how angry luffy made her. Sanji should of known BM wasn't going to let him live or at least strongly suspected it.

I don't think a man who yelled at Sanji for taking a beating for his sake would allow Sanji to do this for his old self.

banner.png

#46 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1352 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:11 PM

I'm bored with Sanji. Can we talk about how great Brook was this chapter? He seems to be the only SH on the island that seems even a little bit aware of what Sanji's feeling.

That pep talk with BM!

Oh my god, fav part of the chapter! "what kind of fool would plan to die?" - what a boss

• Chillman likes this

#47 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:20 PM

lol.  real men cry.  its only the idiots who are afraid of they're own feelings that don't.

Of course men cry. When they are really sad, feel cornered and depressed.

Sanji lost his last hope and burst into tears. But that's what normal dudes do.

Not badasses who kick asses for living and challenge the world.

You would expect epic characters to behave like ones. Larger than life and act different than the rest of us.

How many people here were expecting that he would have a secret plan and that he would pull off a mr Prince thing?

He didn't rise to the challenge so far.

#48 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7885 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

That pep talk with BM!
Oh my god, fav part of the chapter! "what kind of fool would plan to die?" - what a boss

Ya the horrible translation made that quote a little different for me

"What kind of fool plays for death"
Well I don't know smart stragitists.... typically not a hallmark of good generals when they lose a major battle and don't know what to do next.

Of course men cry. When they are really sad, feel cornered and depressed.

Sanji lost his last hope and burst into tears. But that's what normal dudes do.

Not badasses who kick asses for living and challenge the world.
You would expect epic characters to behave like ones. Larger than life and act different than the rest of us.

How many people here were expecting that he would have a secret plan and that he would pull off a mr Prince thing?
He didn't rise to the challenge so far.

Not me I said this from the beginning and fought anyone who said otherwise.

banner.png

#49 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3183 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

Brooke becomes more badass every chapter.

Edited by Tale, 29 December 2016 - 12:46 PM.

• Fulmine, Ajh77, Kaidou and 4 others like this

#50 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:48 PM

i would lie if i say i dint enjoy Pudding sarcastic dialogues and mouth gestures ,it was hella funny,and sanji deserved it,ODA laid it...pretty brutally. and no,Sanji is no "larger than anything",he had no plan, ditched Captain and other crew members on a distorted sense of self-heroism, to fail on that brutally too. (hey ODA laid it) ,what he did even after being present in alabasta and Robin arc was unforgivable,and he is suffering .

what making me curious is that brook's dialogue ,that it will be decided by those two,and if Sanji decided to fight Luffy again,oh lol,i would not know how to react o.o 

and talking about Brook, he IS THE MAN. damn. 
and about Pudding "unnecessary" boasting ,it was solely dependent on her ability to reforge it,and so she did it,cant consider it a leeway to warn to Sanji. but damn,loved the mocking . :P 

AND JIMBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#51 Suckafree

Suckafree

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

What an awesome color spread to end the year off Oda!  :clap:

I guess after Sanji catching the blues last chapter Oda thought it appropriate to make a whole color spread of the same theme. It's the opposite of that red themed color spread we got a few chapters back.

At first, when Pudding was carrying on with her rant I was getting kind of annoyed. I wanted the progression of story to move pass this since it didn't seem that interesting and some more action from Sanji but when she started impersonating him to solidify his obnoxious quirks I laughed so hard. It reminded me of Luffy during the Sky Island Arc when he was making fun of Sanji. :facepalm:

I think the most interesting part of this chapter was Brooke vs Big Mom. I hope no one is taking this Big Mom vs Brooke too seriously. The fact that it may make her look weak is a weak perception to have I believe. I don’t think she's struggling, she's a Yonko, and Brooke may have an ability to counter hers but he's simply not strong enough and hasn't proved he's "New World" strength. So please relax and take it with a huge grain of salt. :meh:

The most interesting part of the chapter was seeing Sanji tear. I'm sure everyone has always been somewhat uncomfortable with his Brock-like behavior (Poke'mon) but for someone to bash him so intentionally as if to personally hurt him and it work actually put me in the feels.  Zoro wouldn't cry.  :rly:

The question of this chapter for me was "What did she mean about the Vinsmokes having Iron bodies" and does this apply to Sanji? Confusing.

Also I've never been a fan of Jimbei so to see him was ehh. Glad Luffy can rampage finally now.  :<_<:

#52 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4925 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

Colorspread 10/10 Luffy sitting there like a boss  :wub:

Pudding 10/10 great actress, mimicking Sanji. Calling him ugly and saying he no prince. Lowkey did she lie tho?  :whistle: Literally what i've been saying for ages but yall called me a hater for it smh.  :whistle: Also nice power that fits with her actress theme, explains why she outright told her plan in the beginning. Truly the actress of our generation halle-berry.gif

Sanji First time this arc I actually felt sad for him when he started crying  :-_-: cool scene when he dropped the flowers and tried to lit a cigarette i thought finally he would do something. Guess not  :-_-: Oda ruthless for this tbh. Whichever he bounces from this will cement the type of character he is to become (or stay :huh) for the rest of the story. I'm eagerly anticipating this and actually rooting for him for once. So good job Oda. 

Brook 10/10 I been telling you Brook is one of my fave's for a reason. His dialogue with BM highlighted exactly what i love about him. Even calling BM young lady  :lol: she gon want him as her hubby next careful brook dont show too much of your charisma 

BM Oda doing her dirty how she still hasnt gotten rid of him? Granted we haven't seen exactly whats going on in their "fight" but the fact she was surprised he could still stand is telling. I'mma need Oda to stop playing games and making BM appear so weak. :huh:

Nami <3 You don't understand how happy I am at her character growth. Old Nami would easily sell out her friends to save her ass. She did it so many times in the past and its something that always annoyed me. I love how now she's not afraid to protect her "friends" guess she learned from being with Luffy for so long  :wub:

Jinbei? Sort of convenient he just showed up out of nowhere. I'm not going to complain though if that means getting luffy out of there asap. 

Overall really good chapter hope things continue moving forward from here.

• Furinji Saiga, Fulmine, Ajh77 and 3 others like this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#53 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4552 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

Fairy Tail, have you seen what Lucy has done of late, Hiro is doing a great job with her, she is not a damsel anymore.  Yes a lot of fan service, but the kick butt in those outfits, I rather have that than a bunch of damsel that always need to be saved.

I am sorry Rebeca thing just lift a bad taste in my mouth, that I don't know if I am ever going to get over. If she just would have tried to fight, got her butt kick, and her dad save the day, like what happened with Cana in the Tenrou Island arc that would been fine.

Lucy kicks butt against fodder, at best getting some blows in against mid-tier foes. She still gets saved repeatedly in the series, while Nami is able to contribute with her cunning, or Robin with some strategy.

#54 Suckafree

Suckafree

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:12 PM

@captain kidd

I'm not an avid commentator but when I am going through the comments and I see you speak I cringe. I disagree so heavily with you.

You are so disrespectful towards Sanji. 

1. Sanji was raised and educated about life from Zeff. He was his father. His loyalty if not is so much stronger because he put Zeff before Luffy. Luffy is his captain and friend. Not his 1st life. ALSO Luffy chose himself to rescue Sanji because he's strong enough to counter those that will bound his movements. Zeff on the other hand is an old man and would not survive against opponents as strong. Think about it. 

2. Even if Zeff would kill Sanji for saving his life he wouldn't intentionally put Zeff's life into a bodybag just becasue of how he feels towards himself. It's what matters to Sanji because he's Sanji.

Edited by Suckafree, 29 December 2016 - 01:21 PM.

#55 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4925 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:23 PM

His loyalty if not is so much stronger because he put Zeff before Luffy. Luffy is his captain and friend not hit not his life.

But every other Strawhat puts Luffy's life above their own and every body elses.  

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#56 smokingfrog

smokingfrog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:25 PM

Ok.. first things first..
Year of sanji is actually a year of sad sanji. This dude has just lost my respect.
As someone said earlier,he didn't do squat to save his sister. He has got no belief in his own captain and has been crying all the time.
No sign of Mr. Prince anywhere.
Disappointing to say the least.

On another note, I was thinking as to why luffy is trying to rip his hands off from the hooks/nails?
Can't he just stretch his mouth and legs long enough to pull out those hooks/nails? Couldn't understand his logic..
And jimbei will Undo the book prison by defeating the slug guy of course..

#57 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6811 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

Sanji, if that doesn't change you then I'm pissed.

• Ajh77 and Zeando like this

2mg5kyb.jpg

#58 Suckafree

Suckafree

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

But every other Strawhat puts Luffy's life above their own and every body elses.  

They do but in this situation you are asking the question of who's less of an impact on Sanji or in other words who means less to be sacrificed. You can't make Luffy first option to be more important to Sanji than Zeff to Sanji. Zeff's done a lot more for him than Luffy has.

Edited by Suckafree, 29 December 2016 - 01:49 PM.

#59 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6265 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:52 PM

I guess we need to have a debate now on what is a life and the risks Sanji should of been aware of.

From the moment we found out about Sanji being told to marry into the BM crew I never once thought this was about the G66 and it was entirely a plot by BM to get back at luffy. Looks like I was probably wrong about that. But Sanji should of known how angry luffy made her. Sanji should of known BM wasn't going to let him live or at least strongly suspected it.

I don't think a man who yelled at Sanji for taking a beating for his sake would allow Sanji to do this for his old self.

Even if he did suspect it what was he suppose to do?

You are acting like sanji had cards to play when he didn't the only real thing he could have done up to this point was married puddin and hope everything work out.

Big mom have a force way stronger than the straw hats, also have sanji father's in a blind. Now, sanji is going to have to team up with the people he despise most to take on big mom.

Big mom is smart stop acting like she doesn't hold all of the cards and sanji holds none.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#60 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7885 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

@captain kidd

I'm not an avid commentator but when I am going through the comments and I see you speak I cringe. I disagree so heavily with you.

You are so disrespectful towards Sanji.

1. Sanji was raised and educated about life from Zeff. He was his father. His loyalty if not is so much stronger because he put Zeff before Luffy. Luffy is his captain and friend. Not his 1st life. ALSO Luffy chose himself to rescue Sanji because he's strong enough to counter those that will bound his movements. Zeff on the other hand is an old man and would not survive against opponents as strong. Think about it.

2. Even if Zeff would kill Sanji for saving his life he wouldn't intentionally put Zeff's life into a bodybag just becasue of how he feels towards himself. It's what matters to Sanji because he's Sanji.

Disrespect towards a character in a book.... is there a joke there..... w/e on to the post

1- Sanji is a pirate in a life and death world. He set out to sea knowing he could lose everything. Literally the first thing that happened to him on screen even before he was a pirate was someone threatening zeff.
Are you telling me Sanji set out to sea not thinking the people he cares about would get hurt? Not knowing the risks he had to take?
When zoro was presented with an option -kill luffy or I will kill all of you. Zoro didn't hesitate for a second to give his life for luffy. Sanji threw luffy's life into sever danger because of an old man who has lived his life and would never want Sanji to do that for him. I mean this is the second time Sanji has made this mistake. What if Robin ran away from the crew when she saw cp0? Would you guys forgive her for the second time she made that mistake? What if nami ran away from the crew and joined hodi? I would forgive nami or Robin or anyone for repeat mistakes and sanji is 100% deserving of the trash I give him. Because not only is he throwing away his life for the same reason making the same mistake twice, this time he risked luffy's life and the whole crews life.

2- zeff is a famous pirate and a law abiding citizen. Who in earth do you think BM is going to send after him? If I was Sanji this is what I would do.
Write a letter to zeff
"Hey zeff you are stupid. Hope the shitty boat/ submarine is doing good and still making food, Oh quick heads up, BM is sending someone to kill you. Also my captain is named monkey D luffy. His grandfather lives in the east blue also. If I were you for a little protection I would park batista right next to his retirement home. Unless BM herself comes fro you you are safe, actually harp could probably even take BM. So have fun and make sure to offer him half price crackers"

There problem solved. Just hope the letter gets to zeff before BM's killers do.

So there is that simple solution or there is the "drag your entire crew into a fight with BM" solution Sanji picked.

Sanji is a fool who doesn't understand the risks of living on the sea and thinks his pethetic life is worth more then it really is. Even usopp understands that loved ones can die at sea......
  • dbgetblack likes this

banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users