• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

83709.jpg

Plot Synopsis

As a child, Masamune Makabe once suffered greatly at the hands of a wealthy and beautiful girl named Aki Adagaki, who nicknamed him "Piggy" due to his chubby appearance. Seeking revenge against his tormentor, Masamune works hard to improve himself and returns as an incredibly handsome, albeit narcissistic, high school student. When he encounters Aki once again, he is prepared to exact vengeance.

Studio: Silver Link
Genre: Comedy, School, Romance, Harem

Link to Episode 1

Spoiler My thoughts on Episode 1

Edited by Tokoya, 18 January 2017 - 10:51 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,045 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

Meh an Meh :P

#3 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Makabe really needed Yoshino's help since not only is he somewhat naive in general but also inexperienced since he's never been in an actual relationship and he gets his romance advice from reading his little sisters shoujo mangas. Plus he seems a little too blinded by his hate to get to know her properly which would be required for his plan so he now has someone who known her for her entire life on his side.
For her part it's obvious even this early that Aki already somewhat likes him and that she also likely has her own reasons for being the way she is now. She seems more tsundere than outright malicious but both of them are immature imo.

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

The second episode was hilarious and I did not expect "Cinderella" to secretly be a Yangire yet alone his accomplice :lolxg:

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

The second episode was hilarious and I did not expect "Cinderella" to secretly be a Yangire yet alone his accomplice :lolxg:

Yoshino has her own agenda but she's not a yangire. As far as her being his accomplice it shouldn't have been a surprise since it even says that in the synopsis that you posted.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#6 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:53 PM

Yoshino has her own agenda but she's not a yangire. As far as her being his accomplice it shouldn't have been a surprise since it even says that in the synopsis that you posted.

I didn't even notice lol....Thanks for telling me , but as for Yoshino, I feel like she has a bit of Yanderu in her

Edited by Tokoya, 18 January 2017 - 10:53 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#7 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:57 AM

Spoiler Episode 3

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#8 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

I didn't even notice lol....Thanks for telling me , but as for Yoshino, I feel like she has a bit of Yanderu in her

Hahaha you didn't have to edit it out of the OP, I was only saying that to point out that them working together wasn't supposed to be a big reveal in the first place since it was in the synopsis.

I dropped the manga the first time I read it but since the anime started I've read everything from the point I dropped it up to the most recent chapter so I won't say anything else about Yoshino since I finally know what her deal is.

Episode three was the best so far imo...more characters are getting introduced soon but I'm not sure how they'll be received.

• Tokoya likes this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#9 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

Just watched today's episode and I laughed at how me and Masamune both yelled "Who the hell is this" at the same time lol

All this GREAT romance progression and yet why do I have a feeling that this new girl is going to ruin it all with this christian bullshit xD

• Kid Frost likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#10 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

I laughed at how me and Masamune both yelled "Who the hell is this" at the same time lol

That was my exact same reaction to that scene in the manga as well...that girl is obviously one of the new characters I was referring to in my last post. I don't dislike her entirely but I personally prefer the plot more when it focuses on Adagaki, Makabe, and Yoshino and less on the side characters so I'm interested in seeing the reaction of the anime fans on her.

• Tokoya likes this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#11 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

That was my exact same reaction to that scene in the manga as well...that girl is obviously one of the new characters I was referring to in my last post. I don't dislike her entirely but I personally prefer the plot more when it focuses on Adagaki, Makabe, and Yoshino and less on the side characters so I'm interested in seeing the reaction of the anime fans on her.

This new girl is a fucking demon LMAO, there's no way this cute jesus saved me bit is real xD I like her so far though, she's fucking crazy lol

Other than that, I REALLY liked this episode and I really don't understand why it seems like so many manga readers hate this stuff considering that this type of drama is standard in romance series

Even though it sucks that Aki is being a bitch to Masamune over this stuff, it's not like her actions are out of character or anything, and to be fair, it's not like she and Masamune were dating either, plus they're kids FFS

But what TRULY made this episode great, was DAT STAR WARS REFERENCE.....ALL HAIL AKI VADER *Insert Breathing Sounds Here*

• Kid Frost likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#12 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:53 AM

I would have fallen for Neko because of this episode if she weren't secretly a demon lol, can't believe she got that picture STILL

That pool scene made me mad but I loved it....I can't hate Aki anymore, she's just too funny lol and that post credits scene was sad af xDD

Great episode overall though.....I really wanna know the truth behind Neko even more now that even loli mom knows her

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#13 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

I've liked these past few episodes, I think the anime has been changing a few things that make it an improvement over the manga so far.

That said given that we're six episodes in and yet only up to chapter 12 (out of 40 something) it doesn't look like this anime will be a full adaptation and even worse going by the number of episodes left as well as the scenes from the opening, it looks like this will end at the school festival arc that almost everybody seems to hate (that arc was the reason I dropped the manga the first time around). Not only is that a bad place to leave off in and of itself but that means the anime will end without answering any of the major questions about Adagaki's past, Yoshino's motives, or any resolution towards Makabe's plan of revenge which are the main points of interest for the series. Of course an anime original ending could also happen but I'm not sure how that would turn out either.

• Tokoya and Goddess Nike like this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#14 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:13 AM

Yeah 12 chapters in six episodes isn't great pacing but seeing as they did the entire beach arc in one episode it's possible now that they can finish the entire story if they diverge from the manga enough.

Best case scenario is that they do Neko's arc all in one episode as well which would leave them with four episodes remaining. If they can cram the school festival arc into two episodes that would leave them two more episodes for the reveals about the past and to resolve the plot. They would have to leave out some stuff and it would definitely be rushed but it's better than ending at the school festival with lots of open questions and no plot resolution.

Also I'm surprised Tokoya had no comment on the most recent episode...I'm sure most people got Great Expectations vibes from this one with Yuisaki as Miss Havisham and Adagaki as Estella, the horror stuff was funny as well.  

• Kid Frost likes this

2h7297a.jpg

#15 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:16 PM

Yeah 12 chapters in six episodes isn't great pacing but seeing as they did the entire beach arc in one episode it's possible now that they can finish the entire story if they diverge from the manga enough.

Best case scenario is that they do Neko's arc all in one episode as well which would leave them with four episodes remaining. If they can cram the school festival arc into two episodes that would leave them two more episodes for the reveals about the past and to resolve the plot. They would have to leave out some stuff and it would definitely be rushed but it's better than ending at the school festival with lots of open questions and no plot resolution.

Also I'm surprised Tokoya had no comment on the most recent episode...I'm sure most people got Great Expectations vibes from this one with Yuisaki as Miss Havisham and Adagaki as Estella, the horror stuff was funny as well.

I'll post my thoughts from last week's episode below.....I forgot to do that last week

Okay, we're more than halfway through this anime now and I still don't see how and why so many manga readers dislikes this series so much or why some people jumped ship (Like Chibi Reviews)

I mean, yeah ever since Neko came in our main ship sailing has halted but regardless of that, her presence in this series hasn't really done much lol....This episode was a great reminder of that even (Unless Neko does something big pertaining to the reveal of her intentions/identity soon)

Anyway, this episode was great and very funny and I especially liked the haunted house scene....The secretary lady is funny (And hot af) and I like how salty of a woman she is xDD I was dying by how she got a kick from Aki being so cruel to men since she personally always gets walked all over by men lol

Still, I must say that all of the girls including the secretary were all 10/10 would definitely smash status (Man I wish this had some QUALITY and UNCENSORED ecchi fanservice in it lol).....And Aki just gets more and more adorable with each episode and also I really liked that heart to heart moment that Masamune had with the secretary.....That was really nice and I like the idea of him slowly warming up to everyone in Aki's life

When they get together (And we all know that they will eventually), it's the little things like this that's gonna make their relationship that much more better and I can't wait to see it play out

• Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#16 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

This was the most intense episode yet and I really liked it a lot, but man I dunno how I feel about Neko now

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#17 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:05 PM

Okay, we're more than halfway through this anime now and I still don't see how and why so many manga readers dislikes this series so much or why some people jumped ship

I can only speak for myself and other people I've talked to but for most it seems that the opinion of the manga dropped between chapters of 17-33 and only picked back up recently after we started getting into the flashback chapters and seeing actual plot progression again. For comparison sake episode nine will be starting into chapter 17 so going based of the first seven episodes won't tell you why so many manga readers turned sour on this series since it hasn't gotten to that part yet. I was still on board with the manga at this point in the story.

Without spoiling anything I will say that while some people were disappointed the way things turned out with Neko, the majority started to turn on the series when the chubby character that you see 2-3 times in the opening gets introduced. That character itself is disliked both as an individual and for the amount of the plot that gets dedicated to them and the next two arcs (the school festival and Paris trip) are considered a step down in general. I'm actually liking the current chapters of the manga but we don't know if the anime will even get that far but honesty it  doesn't look like it since the entire episode 8 adapted roughly one chapter.

• Tokoya and Kid Frost like this

2h7297a.jpg

#18 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

Funny how Aki was in love with Fat Boy Masamune lol

Other than that, this was quite the bitter sweet episode and I felt pretty bad for Neko especially after finding out that her love wasn't superficial at all and that she probably knew Masamune before Aki even (Thus making her the true childhood friend)

Seeing Masamune's reaction to her was pretty sad too because in all honesty, if I were him, I would have wanted to be with Neko and clearly he knows that he should have chose her.....I LOVE him with Aki but I feel like it would have been great if the author had him get with Neko, at least for a couple of arcs

Still, it was a great episode filled with self reflection by everyone and I really enjoyed it....However, now I see that I'm gonna be pissed off due to the appearance of this imposter -_-

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#19 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,825 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

This episode pissed me the fuck off @Goddess Nike like a lot.......Not because it's bad, but because of a certain individual(s)

Not only is this fat fuck Fraudmune prancing around and messing up everything but this guy got Aki's feminazi fan club against Masamune now -_-

I seriously despise this guy and Aki pissed me off almost as much as he did.....Clearly she thinks that Fraudmune is the real Pig's Foot and I'm annoyed that not even Neko could interpret this

• Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#20 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

I haven't seen the most recent episode yet but I already know what happens from the manga. Honestly I'm not surprised to see that the reception of this has taken a complete nosedive since it's arrived the part I mentioned in my last post...

Without spoiling anything I will say that while some people were disappointed the way things turned out with Neko, the majority started to turn on the series when the chubby character that you see 2-3 times in the opening gets introduced. That character itself is disliked both as an individual and for the amount of the plot that gets dedicated to them and the next two arcs (the school festival and Paris trip) are considered a step down in general.

The bad news for anime only fans is that this subplot will last the rest of the series without even getting resolved and the details around it are even dumber than it seems right now.

The good news is that the manga does eventually get better and we finally get answers regarding the pasts of Adagaki, Makabe, and Yoshino so you have something to look forward to once the anime finishes.

• Tokoya likes this

2h7297a.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users