Photo

Kuzu no Honkai (Winter 2017 Clubhouse Anime #3)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,318 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:21 AM

82926.jpg

Plot Summary

Seventeen-year-old Mugi Awaya and Hanabi Yasuraoka appear to be the ideal couple. They are both pretty popular, and they seem to suit each other well. However, outsiders don't know of the secret they share. Both Mugi and Hanabi have hopeless crushes on someone else, and they are only dating each other to soothe their loneliness. Mugi is in love with Akane Minagawa, a young teacher who used to be his home tutor. Hanabi is also in love with a teacher, a young man who has been a family friend since she was little. In each other, they find a place where they can grieve for the ones they cannot have, and they share physical intimacy driven by loneliness. Will things stay like this for them forever?

Studio: Lerche

Genre: Drama, Romance, Seinen, School

PV

Link to Episode 1

https://9anime.to/wa...kai.n83l/6l2yp9

https://www.nyaa.se/...view&tid=888330

Okay so apparently @Goddess Nike, NicoNico ended up streaming it a day early (Which is now yesterday) and so we got subs a short while ago much to my surprise (I had no idea this leaked in the morning lol)...I'm gonna watch it now

Edited by Tokoya, 12 January 2017 - 12:23 AM.

• Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,318 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:58 AM

I think I discovered this manga in 2015 and thankfully Lerche managed to capture what drew me in to this series when I first read it

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the general consensus to this series lol.....Also I must say that the visuals, soundtrack and directing are perfect

And props to Lerche for not holding back on the
Spoiler

• Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 ReZureXio

ReZureXio

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:47 PM

That's seinen? I would have bet it was josei just by reading the description

Edited by ReZureXio, 12 January 2017 - 05:48 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,318 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:57 AM

Episode 2 is out

Spoiler

• Goddess Nike and Kid Frost like this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 25 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

Fuck this show, as busy as I am I ended up marathoning 20+ episodes of Naruto because of that karaoke scene :lolxg: :lolxg: ...(though it did remind me of how much I loved the first half of Naruto).

In all seriousness even though they omitted some scenes I'm loving this adaptation so far, it helps the pacing that each episode will coming out a week apart unlike the manga where we have to wait a month for each chapter. I kind of ship Moka with Mugi because she's the only character in Scum's Wish that isn't scum so I want her to be happy but then again she deserves better than Mugi. 

• Tokoya and Goddess Nike like this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#6 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:07 PM

More than anything I hope they somehow adapt the extra chapters...those are really the best part about the manga.

• Tokoya and Kid Frost like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#7 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,318 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:51 PM

This anime is going to take lewd to a whole new level lol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#8 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:32 PM

This anime is going to take lewd to a whole new level lol

I think it's been okay to be honest, there hasn't been anything gratuitous or over the top and everything is kept within the context of the story being told. Rather than sex the focus here is on the characters, their actions, and the consequences of their actions.

I think in particular the relationship between Mugi and Mei was depicted well, even though he was willing to go along with her sexual requests you could tell from his face that he was clearly uncomfortable with it and for her part she looked guilty and distant.

It was a short scene but it captured their history together and explained some of Mugi's current mindset in regards to his relationship with Hanabi.

• Tokoya likes this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#9 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,318 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

Every episode is going to top the previous ones in terms of lewdness....I'm convinced of this now lol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#10 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:12 AM

They skipped a lot of content this episode but nothing majorly important (except for the yuri fans since some Hana x Sanae scenes were taken out).

I find the relationship between Mei and Mugi to be interesting even it's not as important as other ones in the show. We see now that she badmouthed Akane to him and when he doubted her went out of her way to reveal what type of person Akane really was and seemed somewhat happy about it as well. It seemed like she thought this would get rid of Mugi's crush on Akane but it had the opposite effect making him fall completely in love with her and he says as much (btw it's weird to talk about another woman while you're having sex with one) she seems disappointed and then greatly annoyed right before she bites him.

This makes it seem as if she wanted something more than just sex from Mugi but later she's the one that ends things while he wanted to stay together even to the point of crying when she threw him away. It makes me wonder if she actually wanted to date but gave up since she thought she could never beat Akane in his mind, it's pretty ambiguous but I like that about it.

Another thing revealed is that in all of their previous sexual encounters she was the one that initiated  it 100% of the time and while it's somewhat normal in relationships that one person initiates it more it's usually closer 60/40 or 70/30 at worse so that is pretty extreme and makes their relationship seem even more one sided than it previously had and it's obvious that she feels guilt of using him like this and when he finally uses her for sex she seems relieved. In the anime she says now we're even yet in the manga she says we're finally broken the ice which is closer to her intent.

Hana wants to sleep with Mugi but emotionally she's all over the place so it's not surprising that she can't have sex yet (plus he's pretty messed up as well).

That ending scene with Akane was cold...I'd feel bad for Hana if she wasn't essentially doing the same thing to Moca in episode two. 

Edited by Kid Frost, 16 February 2017 - 08:14 AM.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#11 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,318 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:14 PM

I think it was around this point in the story where I stopped reading because I got angry by what Hanabi and Mugi started doing lol

But alas, I am a lot different from how I was back then so seeing this crap now doesn't phase me at all lol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#12 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,318 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:19 AM

This episode did a great job reminding me why I don't and never will give a shit about Moca

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#13 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:18 AM

This episode did a great job reminding me why I don't and never will give a shit about Moca

What do you have against Moca? I think she's the least scummy character by far and she's pretty well written for the little screen time that she gets :shrug:

Anyway I have a lot to say about the past few episodes so hopefully I'll get a chance to post my thoughts later this week.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

#14 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,318 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

What do you have against Moca? I think she's the least scummy character by far and she's pretty well written for the little screen time that she gets :shrug:

Anyway I have a lot to say about the past few episodes so hopefully I'll get a chance to post my thoughts later this week.

She's boring and her existence/role in the story is just annoying to me

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#15 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,318 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:14 AM

Leave it to Mugi to end up being the one that fucks up

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#16 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,318 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

And now we are officially caught up with the manga.....I'm gonna leave my full thoughts on the past 4 episodes after the finale airs but as of right now, and despite how shitty some of these characters are (When I say shitty I mean their actions), I still love this series

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users