• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hey everyone ^^ I'm Takeshi, nice to meet'cha~

So this is my original Shounen manga, Okamirai, I hope you guys enjoy it :3
Also feel free to leave feedback ^^

Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Martial Arts, Mecha, Mystery, Romance, School Life, Sci-fi, Shounen, Slice of Life.

Summary:

Thrown into the world of the Yokai by a fateful event, 22-year old college student Chiba Jin, Along with his best friend Utagawa Sonosuke, find a stray dog with the appearance of a Hokkaido wolf at their door. As time goes on with the dog, strange things begin to happen to Jin, and those around him. And where exactly did this dog come from?

彼の親友歌川そのすけとともに運命的なイベント、22歳の大学生千葉ジンによって妖怪の世界に投げ込まれ、彼らのドアで北海道オオカミの出現と奇妙な野良 犬を見つける。時間は周りの犬と一緒になると、奇妙なことがジンに起こることを始め、彼の周りの人々。そして、この犬がどこに正確にから来たのですか?

THIS MANGA READS RIGHT TO LEFT LIKE TRADITIONAL JAPANESE MANGA

I'd like to also point out that I am currently redrawing and repacing(not sure if that's a word xD) Chapter 1 and the first couple of chapters. Because chapter 1 is about 2 years old now my art and storytelling skills have improved and I want readers to get the best experience with Okamirai!

You can read the latest here (currently chapter 16)

Enjoy~! OuOb

okamirai_official_artwork__volume_2_cove

okamirai_official_artwork__chapter_16_co

original.png

#2 monarchthelegend

monarchthelegend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the solar system lol

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Peeps been stepping up their game on here :D. Great art! I'll read it later and give my PM
  • Matsuyama-Takeshi likes this

#3 Matsuyama-Takeshi

Matsuyama-Takeshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Peeps been stepping up their game on here :D. Great art! I'll read it later and give my PM

Thank you good sir :3 I'm looking forward to it ^^ Hope you enjoy it!

#4 amykinsxoxo

amykinsxoxo

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationThe Fridge

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

This is utterly fantastic. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME OKAY. GOD. PLEASE LEAVE NOW. But for real. I definitely plan on checking out your manga C:

st5w.jpg

Spoiler

#5 Matsuyama-Takeshi

Matsuyama-Takeshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

This is utterly fantastic. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME OKAY. GOD. PLEASE LEAVE NOW. But for real. I definitely plan on checking out your manga C:

Whoa! *o* Thank you so much xDD I hope you enjoy it!

#6 Matsuyama-Takeshi

Matsuyama-Takeshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hey guys! ^^

Wanted to announce that NEW pages are now up for chapter 16 now! OuOb Hope you guys like!~

Read it here~

2b8db121bab9fd332e6766aa6766394a-d5ody5o

#7 Matsuyama-Takeshi

Matsuyama-Takeshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Alright so I haven't posted on here in a bit. But I'd like to be more active here =)

I'm happy to announce that Okamirai has been published/promoted to premium on MangaMagazine.net!

To celebrate, I redrew the first chapter! You can read it here http://www.mangamaga...119/0/0?lang=en

And check out a sneak peek at the new cover under this post ;3

Hope you guys enjoy it! I'll be updating with a full chapter every 2 weeks or 2 chapters a month! >:3

Thanks for reading and feel free to contact me on here or skype: matsuyama_takeshi

original.png

#8 TheOrangeFox

TheOrangeFox

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Hey are you gonna be updating on Smack Jeeves forums? Magazine has painstakingly required users to register to read the rest of your amazing work. Seems pointless making an account just to follow one story, and that's a place for artists so has no account benefit to me. I was enjoying Okamirai too!

#9 Matsuyama-Takeshi

Matsuyama-Takeshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Hey are you gonna be updating on Smack Jeeves forums? Magazine has painstakingly required users to register to read the rest of your amazing work. Seems pointless making an account just to follow one story, and that's a place for artists so has no account benefit to me. I was enjoying Okamirai too!

Actually Okamirai will only be on Mangamagazine for now. They'll also be publishing volumes soon, so those will be available for purchase online later this year =) Up to chapter 20 is now on the site as well~ OuOb

#10 Matsuyama-Takeshi

Matsuyama-Takeshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted any new updates with Okamirai for a while, the reason being I recently got married~ ^u^ I'm happy to announce though that there's going to be a lot more Okamirai coming these days! With my new assistant(my wife xD) I'll be able to push out more pages and eventually 2 full chapters a month!! OuOb

You can actually read this months chapter which is in full color here! Also for peeps with iPads, you can download the MangaMagazine app and read all premium/published series free! :D

Are any of you going to fan expo in Toronto?

- Takeshi

original.png

#11 oj_ayoku901

oj_ayoku901

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWhere Champions Live

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

The art work is amazing. And you got published on Mangamag . AWESOME. How much will the chapters cost to purchase?

How long do you think your series is gonna be? ARC? Sagas? 

What made you come up with this story, what was your inspiration?

#12 Matsuyama-Takeshi

Matsuyama-Takeshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

The art work is amazing. And you got published on Mangamag . AWESOME. How much will the chapters cost to purchase?

How long do you think your series is gonna be? ARC? Sagas? 

What made you come up with this story, what was your inspiration?

Hey sorry for the late reply!! T_T Yup volume 1 is actually on sale today on the MangaMag Marketplace! You can the manga free on MM.net as of now there's 27 chapters online.

I've planned for it to be over 700+ chapters long, so lots of arcs and sagas ^_^

I've always really liked animals and different kinds of creatures including monsters since I was a little kid. I started getting into anime and manga when I was little watching Kimba the white lion and then when I was 11 I started reading One Piece. I've been drawing manga seriously since I was 13 :)

Okamirai started with concepts in 2010, I really liked the idea of a monster world and having the character transform into a beast. Wolves are one of my favourite animals so having the character become a werewolf was one of the coolest things to me and something you don't see often in Shounen manga.

You'll be able to spot lots of video game references too xD

This is volume in print form

okamirai_volume_1_by_matsuyama_takeshi-d

And the covers for volumes 2, 3, and 4, all coming out in the next few months :)

okamirai_volume_2_cover_by_matsuyama_tak

okamirai_volume_3_cover_by_matsuyama_tak

original.png

#13 CandyApple100

CandyApple100

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationI was lost in a forest once

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

Ok, so WoW! though the genre is not my cup of tea I looked through your manga and just want to crawl in be and cry. Almost. but it is really good and I see that you have put a lot of though,time and energy into it and that shows. I think that the premise is really good and it kind of reminds me of Natsume Yuujincho, though the art is very different, and it help you have a character with the name Natsume in it as well.

Best of luck :)   

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users