232 replies to this topic

#201 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 04:27 PM

^^^Yeah, maybe Hermit got jealous when the Demon King started spending more time with human Shiki than he did with the robots. I don't know if I'd want that to be true, tho. Too superficial of a reason to be in a slump, I feel like. 

If Shiki's the reason the DK retired and disbanded the group, sounds like a good enough reason. But there's probably more to it as well.

• Fenrix likes this

#202 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,290 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 02 March 2019 - 05:26 AM

I really didn't expect Homura to be undercover. It's nice, it brings something more to the character. 
Quite incredible that she managed to notify her brother that she would be in this game and that they would meet there though... 

#203 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:30 PM

Remember when Gajeel crucifying Levy was the most hardcore we saw in FT?

Yikes.....

The 'line' was crossed with the 'Living Furniture' bit.

• pyrogenic likes this

Posted Image

#204 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:10 PM

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/34/page/1

I dislike Hermit. Dull AF.

#205 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:41 PM

Yeaahh, I don't really like Hermit but hopefully that will change once we learn more about her. She's just not as intriguing as the other two. 

Wonder what is this mission that Homura is doing with her bro.

#206 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:03 PM

Not that I believe it but I wonder if that is actually Homura or someone else. When she showed up in her new avatar disguise maybe someone took her place during that. Either this is someone else pretending to be her or it feels like their speech pattern completely changed. Like I wonder if her quirk of saying what she is thinking involuntary was fake or not. That being said I think this is her and she just had some hidden motives with finding and joining them given how it fits with Weisz being suspicious of her from the beginning thinking she was hiding something. Wonder if her brother has a similar ability to her.

I am interested in Hermit's backstory to see more of her character. Right now I don't really have a good feel for her character but obviously Shiki will help her come around to humans. Although I wonder if her having resentment towards humans will be a long running plot with her character or if it will all get resolved in this one arc. Also I am interested in seeing if there is a deeper reason why she decided to hide out with those legendary knight statues on Iron Hill.

And it was really fun seeing Shiki use his gravity powers more. I like how Mashima has used them so far. Here he was changing the weight of his opponents to make it seem like he had super strength was nice, lol.

• Fenrix likes this

#207 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:28 PM

Tbh we haven't seen enough of Hermit to really make a proper judgement. I believe that she will come around and start liking humans.

I'm more curious about the long lasting effects of Shiki's robot-friends "betrayal". We know that they were just faking their hatred for humans, but Shiki doesn't, and this chapter wasn't the first where this seemed to affect him...

And I want to know more about Homura's true intentions :D

#208 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

Human hating robots. . .easy solution(Asimov's Three Laws of Robots)-

1. First Law – A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
  2. Second Law – A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. Third Law – A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws

• masterbio likes this

Posted Image

#209 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:20 PM

So we doing the whole imposter thing again. Didn't we just do that last arc?

#210 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:56 PM

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/35/page/1

#211 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:16 PM

Not bad.

I feel Hermit's power/ability will be determinant here. And I also agree that this must be a fake Homura, somehow. I mean, even if she succeeded, she would still wake up in the ship with Sister and Witch (wait, it isn't Witch is it?)...

That shinobi troll's death was harsh. I'm digging this and I understand why Mashima doesn't care about FT anymore lol

#212 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:53 AM

Not bad.

I feel Hermit's power/ability will be determinant here. And I also agree that this must be a fake Homura, somehow. I mean, even if she succeeded, she would still wake up in the ship with Sister and Witch (wait, it isn't Witch is it?)...

That shinobi troll's death was harsh. I'm digging this and I understand why Mashima doesn't care about FT anymore lol

I think he still cares about FT. Its feels like he can 'cut loose' with EZ. Take the Living Furniture. I doubt he'd be able to get away with that FT. While Erza was recently humiliated via a type of S&M in 100 Year Quest, that level of nastiness is nowhere the levels that have been shown in EZ.

Posted Image

#213 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:15 AM

Dang, life's been so busy that somehow I missed the last two chapters.

Chapter 36

People's theories about fake Homura were correct and we got introduced to a new character.

Chapter 37

This chapter made me somewhat like Hermit a little bit more. Homura is pretty awesome but not in an annoying way that Erza was. Wonder how we'll wrap up this mini arc in Digitalis. 

Overall, both chapters were great. 

• masterbio likes this

#214 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:09 AM

Not only was that a fake Homura, but it also happened to be another big-tittied girl by Mashima :heehee:

But really good couple of chapters.

I agree, Homura is cool but not OP-annoying (yet)!

And Hermit is starting to show a little bit more emotions, I hope she snaps out of this emo state quickly.

But man did I laughed with that Weisz attempt and belief in his skills :D

#215 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 08:22 PM

I know I can’t compare the writing, but come on this is so innovative and logical! What happened with Fairy Tail?
  • masterbio and pyrogenic like this

#216 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,290 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:12 PM

I know I can’t compare the writing, but come on this is so innovative and logical! What happened with Fairy Tail?

Same with Rave, which was much more consistent. 

With Fairy Tail, I think Mashima wanted to follow the trend of friendship is magic for real. He started pretty well actually, with some really good arcs, but then, he changed directions, maybe from what his editors told him... 

I think, mostly, he was trapped by Natsu's character who couldn't really evolve. There were still some good ideas here and there. And a LOT of fun, because I really had fun with almost every chapter. 

And I really agree with the fact that Edens Zero is really innovative! It's refreshing to read.

• JDG973, Fenrix, Chillman and 1 other like this

#217 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:49 PM

^^^Yeah, I agree with @azer_moli

I really enjoyed FT right until the Alvarez arc but when the final battles were happening, it went kinda shit. 

I'm sure we'll see EZ eventually go the same route but hopefully the quality won't drastically change as it did for FT. 

• azer_moli likes this

#218 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,290 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:41 AM

Chapter 38

Bit convenient at some point, but pretty fun. 

#219 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:41 PM

Hmm, nakama power was used but I will allow it.

Were some of those armor Erza's armor? I can't remember their names but I wouldn't think that Mashima would pass up an opportunity to drop little easter eggs such as those. 

#220 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

Nice conclusion, but I'm eager for them to return to the normal world!

Also, if that killer dude hadn't logged out, Shiki would've really killed him, right? o.O

Same with Rave, which was much more consistent. 

With Fairy Tail, I think Mashima wanted to follow the trend of friendship is magic for real. He started pretty well actually, with some really good arcs, but then, he changed directions, maybe from what his editors told him... 

I think, mostly, he was trapped by Natsu's character who couldn't really evolve. There were still some good ideas here and there. And a LOT of fun, because I really had fun with almost every chapter. 

And I really agree with the fact that Edens Zero is really innovative! It's refreshing to read.

This statement is so sadly true that it breaks my heart.

I remember reading Laxus VS FT and it was amazing, I remember going crazy when there was that mystery of why coulnd't Natsu leave that age barrier, or who the hell was Mystogun to be a twin of Jellal? And then all these answers were so... meh...

I really hope the same won't happen to EZ, at least for a big while

• azer_moli likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users