307 replies to this topic

#281 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:53 AM

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/59/page/1

This chapter had such nice art. That scene where Shiki ecouraged Homura was nice and reminded me of One Piece when Luffy promised to save Nami in Arlong Park saga (another One Piece reference. Huh. I guess I can't help it)

• Raiden likes this

17.jpg

#282 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 05:35 PM

I was so not expecting that ending!

Mashima may have many defects, but this is one of the main reasons I read his mangas. He doesn't drag. While on another mangas we would have to pass through the rebellion attack and so forth, here Shiki jumps right into the final boss and gets ready to end this.

I honestly don't know how things will proceed. I feel like this is Homura's arc and she still has to defeat her mother, so I'm guessing Shiki starts losing and she comes to his aide! Or something like it.

• Raiden likes this

#283 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:13 PM

Mashima went all out with the art in this chapter because everything was beautiful, especially the scene with Homura crying and Shiki telling her she has friends besides her to help her get back up. Already know that scene will be a tad emotional in the anime.

We in the endgame now with Shiki going directly to fight the Scarlet lady but I also think that it will be Homura who ends her mother and avenges Valkyrie.

Idk if Homura will separate from Shiki and the gang for a bit or if she'll continue to stick with them filling Valkyrie's role. I'll be fine with either outcome. 

• azer_moli likes this

#284 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:52 PM

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/60/page/1

Well, in a way we know how this will end, but... damn, the story us just so good!

#285 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:13 PM

Alright finally caught up! This manga is actual pretty good so far! I enjoy it just like the beginning of Fairy Tail. And I quite like the concept of Ether Gear so far.

The newest chapter was also quite nice. Shiki's gravity power is really cool ^^

edit: OH and for you who don't know but that character that helped Rebecca, is based on a German Anime/Manga Youtuber named Nino Kerl It's pretty cool https://www.youtube....h?v=U-HXVo6R2yY (he interviewed Mashima on a german book expo and there mashima actually asked him if he could use him in the manga. That's so awesome)

Edited by Raiden, 10 September 2019 - 04:17 PM.

• azer_moli, Shin, masterbio and 2 others like this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#286 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:16 PM

I can't wait until Eden's Zero is animated because then I can enjoy Shiki's fights in all its greatness. I never get bored watching him use his gravity ether gear.

Not too concerned about this crimson steel knight because I'm sure it will be trashed by Shiki, Homura, and gang. 

• Raiden likes this

#287 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:09 PM

This manga has great storytelling and add intense to the story at the end of the chapter, it make people wanted to read this manga more.
  • Fenrix and masterbio like this

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#288 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:45 PM

Ahhh so Draken Joe also uses Gravity aether! Now this is interesting, it suggests a stronger relationship with Shiki!

Also, last page, behind Draken Joe is clearly Laxus :lolxg:

#289 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:28 PM

Ahhh so Draken Joe also uses Gravity aether! Now this is interesting, it suggests a stronger relationship with Shiki!

Actually that's not true. He just said that Draken Joe also uses Ether Gear (which was obvious anyway)

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#290 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:01 PM

Actually that's not true. He just said that Draken Joe also uses Ether Gear (which was obvious anyway)

Ohhhhhhhhh I got that it was the gravity gear specifically >.< well... yeah... not that surprising anymore xD

• Raiden likes this

#291 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:21 AM

Chapter 61

Chapter 62

Chapters came out a couple of days ago. 

These were really enjoyable between Shiki's fight with the Crimson Lady in the big steel boi and Weisz's fight in his new battle armor. 

That whole bit about his Arsenal identity was hilarious  :lol:

Edited by Fenrix, 26 September 2019 - 11:05 AM.

• Raiden and Chillman like this

#292 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 12:27 PM

Yeeey power suit :D Loved the idea, and it was awesome seeing Weisz in it xD

#293 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 02:21 PM

Chapter 63

Let's see what the otaku can do.

Also, when thinking of Pino's line considering where she's placed in the panel makes for a very dirty joke, lol. Don't know if that was intentional with Mashima or the translators taking liberty with translations given the situation  :rolleyes:

Edited by Fenrix, 02 October 2019 - 02:21 PM.

• azer_moli, Raiden and masterbio like this

#294 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 06:06 PM

Ok, so Becca takes out this one, but who defeats the 3rd Jailer? I think Homura will fight her mother, so will Shiki change opponents?

Man. That scene with Pico in front of Weis... Nice one, Mashima

#295 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:14 PM

Didn't realize that I missed last week's chapter but here are the chapters from both last week and this week:

Chapter 64

Chapter 65

Pretty clever how Mashima set up those random fights from the tournament to be foreshadowing of future battles for Shiki and gang. Can't believe I didn't catch on that. 

Rebecca gets a new power-up with this new leaper ability so now she can keep her own with the others in battle.

Finally, Homura is ready to stand up and fight. 

Looking forward to next chapter.

• Raiden and masterbio like this

#296 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 05:37 PM

Very good couple of chapters.

The tournament being a hint for future fights was an awesome idea! Nice one Mashima! And I'm really eager to see Rebecca's ether gear on full power!

Homura straight up murdered that dude. Loved it. Can't remember the last time Mashima went for the kill just like that. But it was well deserved!

This manga is getting really good!

• Raiden and Fenrix like this

#297 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:57 AM

Mashima create creativity on main character’s skill, it’s like the alternative of reading one piece. If next chapter onward there will be creative attack skill from all the main character. It’s better than AEW wrestling show.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#298 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 01:04 AM

Homura straight up murdered that dude. Loved it. Can't remember the last time Mashima went for the kill just like that. But it was well deserved!

I don’t think he’s dead.

https://mangaseeonli...-66-page-1.html

#299 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 07:30 AM

Baaaah what a chapter and what a way to defeat the Robot! :clap:

I'm glad to see yet again Shiki winning not because he used a brand new "secret fire dragon slayer technique: fire fist" or some crap like that, but because he was really smart.

Sure he has endurance to handle that missile, but the idea of using its energy to slowly crush the robot was amazing.

Can't wait for next chapter!!

• Raiden likes this

#300 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 05:29 PM

Maybe it's because I'm always distracted by the cool moves, but I've never truly thought about how impressive is Shiki's control over gravity. IRL, the moves he do would require hella physics to determine a specific output but here's Shiki doing things things on the fly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users