#321 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 03:05 PM

I LOVE THIS MANGA! Weiz is the coolest!

And I just love how the fights aren't decided by who's strongest necessarily, but also by who's smartest!

• Fenrix, YoWid and Chillman like this

#322 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:31 PM

I LOVE THIS MANGA! Weiz is the coolest!

And I just love how the fights aren't decided by who's strongest necessarily, but also by who's smartest!

I agree. Trying to catch up on my reading. Eden Zero really reminds me of Outlaw Star in some ways.

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#323 YoWid

YoWid

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:28 AM

I'm pretty sure Laguna is Mashima's nod to JJBA.

I found Eden's Zero a satisfying read, maybe because it seems this is where Mashima matured and perfected his methods: just enough fanservice, decent character death (Valkyrie stays dead, and likely so, since now her position is filled in for good by Homura), and unabashed, if sometimes self-effacing, attitude to his work (he knows he'll play it lewd and fun with the plot, but with proper seriousness and surprising depth at crucial/climactic plot points).

This and Chainsawman got that not-taking-oneself-too-seriously-shonen-for-young-adults vibe (OPM somewhat qualifies too), which I *really* love.

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

#324 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 06:58 PM

I'm pretty sure Laguna is Mashima's nod to JJBA.

I found Eden's Zero a satisfying read, maybe because it seems this is where Mashima matured and perfected his methods: just enough fanservice, decent character death (Valkyrie stays dead, and likely so, since now her position is filled in for good by Homura), and unabashed, if sometimes self-effacing, attitude to his work (he knows he'll play it lewd and fun with the plot, but with proper seriousness and surprising depth at crucial/climactic plot points).

This and Chainsawman got that not-taking-oneself-too-seriously-shonen-for-young-adults vibe (OPM somewhat qualifies too), which I *really* love.

Although if I have one tiny complaint its that Mashira's sadistic tenancies toward the characters has gotten pretty cruel in this one. Hero, victim, or villain, it seems everyone gets to board Mashira's Train o' Sadism. I'm just glad he's keeping his series as Shounen cause if he ever goes Seinen. . .

Edited by Graeystone, 20 December 2019 - 07:00 PM.

• YoWid likes this

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#325 YoWid

YoWid

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 December 2019 - 02:54 AM

Although if I have one tiny complaint its that Mashira's sadistic tenancies toward the characters has gotten pretty cruel in this one. Hero, victim, or villain, it seems everyone gets to board Mashira's Train o' Sadism. I'm just glad he's keeping his series as Shounen cause if he ever goes Seinen. . .

Yea, like Homura's mom, I mean, that bitch kinda deserved what's coming to her after all that she did (and said) to Homura, that gangbang was overkill tho haha.

Anyway, I think Mashima *is* made for Shounen; His lovely artwork is distinctively Shounen, and the ridiculousness here and there in the plot just won't work in Seinen, imo.

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

#326 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:24 AM

Latest chapter came out a while ago but for those who haven't read it yet:

Chapter 75

Although sniper guy's range is pretty impressive, I hope there's more to him than just his bullets. Also, sometimes I wonder if Shiki is just too OP or if he's just hasn't faced a challenging enough opponent. 

We're flying though the Element 4 rather quickly as now the wind user will be up against Rebecca. And about Sister's comment, does that make that one girl an android?

#327 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 01:39 PM

Let's go Rebecca!

For a moment there I was thinking that Shiki was going to intensify his gravity to pull the sniper! Still, the deflect was really cool.

#328 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:38 PM

Latest chapter came out a while ago but for those who haven't read it yet:

Chapter 75

Although sniper guy's range is pretty impressive, I hope there's more to him than just his bullets. Also, sometimes I wonder if Shiki is just too OP or if he's just hasn't faced a challenging enough opponent. 

We're flying though the Element 4 rather quickly as now the wind user will be up against Rebecca. And about Sister's comment, does that make that one girl an android?

I loath to call that guy a 'sniper'. He's more of a 'mass shooter'.

z8EE0.png

#329 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,710 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:46 AM

https://sorcererweek.../en/0/76/page/1

#330 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:51 PM

MAFUBA!

• Jekkusormi likes this

#331 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:40 PM

https://readedenszer.../en/9/77/page/1
  • Chillman likes this

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#332 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:16 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU SCIENCE AND PHYSICS!

https://sorcererweek.../en/0/76/page/3

Okay try to do my Sesame Street's The Count Impression-

One butt shot-

https://sorcererweek.../en/0/76/page/3

TWO but shots-

https://sorcererweek.../en/0/76/page/7

THREE butt shots-

https://sorcererweek...en/0/76/page/10

four. . .FOUR BUTT SHOTS! heheheheh!

https://sorcererweek...en/0/76/page/21

z8EE0.png

#333 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:52 PM

Every time Mahsima shows someone almost naked as Joe was here, they either end being destroyed or they end up as Nakama.

Either way, Jinn is back!

#334 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:30 PM

Every time Mahsima shows someone almost naked as Joe was here, they either end being destroyed or they end up as Nakama.

Either way, Jinn is back!

So clothes are like a HP Bar. . .jeeze, that means Erza was fighting with only a few HPs with some of the really skimpy armors. . .

z8EE0.png

#335 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted Today, 07:19 AM

Id say that EVERY chcaracter they face becomes either nakama or destroyed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users