#41 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

Chapter 3

FT characters spotted in this chapter: Levy, Jet, Droy, Natsu, and Lucy. Can you find them?   ;)

Wendy clone makes an appearance as well but lol, it's hard seeing Wendy's face but w/ a bitchy attitude.

Seems like the overall premise of this manga will be to find Mother? Wonder what's Shiki's relationship to her~

Edited by Fenrix, 10 July 2018 - 11:45 AM.

• Raiden likes this

#42 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:04 PM

INFINTE PLUES D:

They are literally referencing Fairy Tail with Natsu and Lucy in the background. Is this his way of saying they look different to the mcs in this? Well they look almost the same even with a backshot you can see that. XD

Is Mashima just creating a where's wally book for old ft characters with his new manga? 

Edited by beakedbard, 10 July 2018 - 12:06 PM.

• Raiden likes this

#43 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,464 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:45 PM

The fact he’s blatantly advertising and referencing Fairy Tail is hope this manga won’t end up like it. Haven’t seen a shounen space opera before.

#44 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:00 PM

This is beyond reference at this point. It's narcissism. 

#45 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

This is beyond reference at this point. It's narcissism. 

Really? I find it kinda funny.

Shows that Mashima can poke fun at himself and it also gives readers something to look forward to as FT's cast was quite extensive so it'd be interesting to see how he incorporates those characters in the background. 

The clone characters are a different matter tho. Would've been ok with just 1 or 2 repeat characters but wouldn't be surprised to see the doppelgangers of the entire FT guild. 

Edited by Fenrix, 10 July 2018 - 06:08 PM.

• masterbio and Chillman like this

#46 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:07 PM

The fact he’s blatantly advertising and referencing Fairy Tail is hope this manga won’t end up like it. Haven’t seen a shounen space opera before.

Um. . .Dragonball at times, Aria(more Slice of LIfe though), Heroic Age. Plenty of outerspace sci-fi manga/anime. Its just that fantasy is the current trend.

https://jaiminisbox....o/en/0/2/page/2

Guess Rei didn't melt at of end of End of Eva. . .

Edited by Graeystone, 11 July 2018 - 11:15 PM.

Posted Image

#47 Desu257

Desu257

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:19 PM

I'm hopeful for this manga, hopefully it will continue with the twists and not become predictable

Edited by Desu257, 12 July 2018 - 01:20 PM.

#48 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:04 PM

Why does the fact that he reuses character design upset people? Mangastream cares so much that they dropped the series. Why does it matter if the characters look the same in another series? Its not like it effects this story. I really dont get why it bothers people

#49 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:17 PM

Its a way for characters to be able to live another life in a different story instead of putting them away. And I liked them so I dont mind.
  • PunkHazard likes this

#50 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:45 PM

Why does the fact that he reuses character design upset people? Mangastream cares so much that they dropped the series. Why does it matter if the characters look the same in another series? Its not like it effects this story. I really dont get why it bothers people

It doesn't bother me that much, however, when it's a new story, people are expecting new characters. Having the same characters could run the risk of people thinking that their reading the same old thing. That's what I think  :mellow:

#51 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:12 PM

Here's a question - "If Hiro drew a Hentai Doujin/Hentai Comic would Happy be part of the 'fun'?

Posted Image

#52 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:27 PM

It doesn't bother me that much, however, when it's a new story, people are expecting new characters. Having the same characters could run the risk of people thinking that their reading the same old thing. That's what I think :mellow:

well that jus depends on the plot itself. If the story is good enough we wont even realize that the character designs are the same. Seems weird people like mangastream are judging it before the story even really gets started

#53 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

well that jus depends on the plot itself. If the story is good enough we wont even realize that the character designs are the same. Seems weird people like mangastream are judging it before the story even really gets started

Mangastream shouldn't be judging anyone on anything given some of their past actions. How the #$#% they retained any legitimacy within the scanlation/translation scene is beyond me.

Posted Image

#54 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:49 AM

Mangastream shouldn't be judging anyone on anything given some of their past actions. How the #$#% they retained any legitimacy within the scanlation/translation scene is beyond me.

lol wat they do?

#55 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,953 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:53 AM

Mashima did the same with Rave in Fairy Tail. He had cameos of his Rave cast in some issues. It doesn't mean anything I think and just him putting in little easter eggs for fans. There will probably be special issues and there will be a FTxEden's Zero cross over I imagine like when he did a RavexFT one that is just a fun oneshot. I did like that at least Mashima poked fun at himself with the "friends this and friends that" line from Rebecca, lol.

So far I am liking the set up. It isn't perfect, but I like that for now the series seems to be focused on adventure and uncovering mysteries across the universe. I hope it stays like that, which is similar to what early FT was like with them going on quests. The adventures guild is less like the mage guild in FT too which I like. Instead of the clubhouse or family feel that FT had this is more of a professional organization where people get jobs and rank up. Sort of like the Hunters Association. Mashima even referenced how it is different from FT's guild with the "there used to be a manga like that" line, haha. That makes me hopeful that the series will keep focus on adventuring and hoping from one place to the next, similar to pre timeskip OP I guess.

And it was a bit weird seeing a character that looked a little like Wendy have such a different personality and attitude. I imagine that she will eventually join them but be used as a rival for a while. So it seems the main plot line is them trying to meet Mother. I can get behind that, especially them trying to upgrade their ship and look for new crew members. Them all going after this big mystery and there being space pirates gives me an Outlaw Star feeling too. Maybe it will even turn into some big race to get to her. I hope there are other space pirates and organizations all trying to uncover the Mother mystery too and they carry on throughout the series instead of just being used once and then tossed aside.

• azer_moli, Raiden, JDG973 and 3 others like this

#56 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:21 AM

Shiki is not NatsuxGray, it's NatsuxLuffy!

And the story itself is One Piece in space: The heroes set up crew to find Mother (One Piece) so they can become best youtbers... I mean Cubers (Pirate King). To do this they venture from island to isl... planet to planet
  • Shin, masterbio and Chillman like this

17.jpg

#57 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

lol wat they do?

Once upon a time -

Mangastream - "These are our Raws from our own methods and sources and nobody better use them!"

Other Groups - "Okay,"

*Other Groups get their own Raws from their own methods and sources.*

Mangastream - "HEY WHAT ARE DOING!"

Other Groups - "We got our Raws from doing what we normally do which has nothing to do with you."

Mangastream - "BUT YOU'RE TRANSLATING THE SAME STUFF WE ARE!"

Other Groups - "Look, we get that you don't like certain sites posting your finished product even though you don't want them to. It happens to all of us. It sucks we know."

Mangastream - "THAT'S NOT THE POINT! ONLY WE ARE PERMITTED TO TRANSLATE THE STUFF WE DO! EVEN IF ANOTHER GROUP USES THEIR OWN RAWS ITS THE SAME AS STEALING FROM US!"

Other Groups - ". . ."

Mangastream - "ONLY WE ARE ABLE TO PROFIT, ER, ASK FOR 'DONATIONS' THROUGH AD CLICKING!"

Other Groups - "What we do isn't a Monopoly. . .and it sure as hell isn't a 'for profit' effort because that for all intents and purposes could get us in real trouble some day. Paypal donations are one thing, ad clicking is another. The first asking people for financial help without third party involvement(advertisers). The second is just seeking straight profit because very little of the money gotten is used for the website upkeep and keeping the translations going."

Mangastream - "BAH, THAT'S ALL JUST AN EXCUSE TO STEAL FROM US!"

Pretty much Mangastream's attitude for the longest time. Deep down it probably still is today. They try to pretend they have the moral high ground by 'removing chapters' after a certain point in an attempt to make it look like they're ethically/morally better than others when it comes to the ethical/moral issues of scanlations/translations.

• Raiden, Blue22 and PunkHazard like this

Posted Image

#58 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:40 AM

Once upon a time -
Mangastream - "These are our Raws from our own methods and sources and nobody better use them!"
Other Groups - "Okay,"
*Other Groups get their own Raws from their own methods and sources.*
Mangastream - "HEY WHAT ARE DOING!"
Other Groups - "We got our Raws from doing what we normally do which has nothing to do with you."
Mangastream - "BUT YOU'RE TRANSLATING THE SAME STUFF WE ARE!"
Other Groups - "Look, we get that you don't like certain sites posting your finished product even though you don't want them to. It happens to all of us. It sucks we know."
Mangastream - "THAT'S NOT THE POINT! ONLY WE ARE PERMITTED TO TRANSLATE THE STUFF WE DO! EVEN IF ANOTHER GROUP USES THEIR OWN RAWS ITS THE SAME AS STEALING FROM US!"
Other Groups - ". . ."
Mangastream - "ONLY WE ARE ABLE TO PROFIT, ER, ASK FOR 'DONATIONS' THROUGH AD CLICKING!"
Other Groups - "What we do isn't a Monopoly. . .and it sure as hell isn't a 'for profit' effort because that for all intents and purposes could get us in real trouble some day. Paypal donations are one thing, ad clicking is another. The first asking people for financial help without third party involvement(advertisers). The second is just seeking straight profit because very little of the money gotten is used for the website upkeep and keeping the translations going."
Mangastream - "BAH, THAT'S ALL JUST AN EXCUSE TO STEAL FROM US!"

Pretty much Mangastream's attitude for the longest time. Deep down it probably still is today. They try to pretend they have the moral high ground by 'removing chapters' after a certain point in an attempt to make it look like they're ethically/morally better than others when it comes to the ethical/moral issues of scanlations/translations.

woah I see. Interesting. Yea they’re assholes if this is true. It sounds like ur speaking from experience. Were u involved in this somehow?

#59 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:44 PM

woah I see. Interesting. Yea they’re assholes if this is true. It sounds like ur speaking from experience. Were u involved in this somehow?

As a reader and member of the OneManga Community. When OneManga used to host manga(before they got screwed over big time) they basically set the standard when it came to respecting the Translation/Scanlation Group wishes when it came to hosting their stuff. OM even started the rule of 'We won't host any works when they officially get translated/brought to another country.'

When OM started to get screwed over by Google(The Department that runs the Click-Ads) and certain other parties(don't tell me whoever ran MangaFox, being OM's main hosting competition at the time, wasn't involved!) because of more 'Mature Manga'(Dance In The Vampire Bund as the prime example) the vast majority of Scanlation/Translation Groups tried help OM. . .except for MangaStream. The audacity of their inaction was that they profited from our visitations and ad clicks through the links to their site that was provided by the OM Forum. I doubt their help would've done anything either way but the effort would've been appreciated for everything OM did for from - from not hosting their stuff to sending traffic their way.

Ever notice that when it comes to linking new chapters on these forums that nobody uses Mangastream unless there's no other option?

Edited by Graeystone, 13 July 2018 - 12:53 PM.

• Raiden, JDG973, Blue22 and 1 other like this

Posted Image

#60 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,464 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

Ever notice that when it comes to linking new chapters on these forums that nobody uses Mangastream unless there's no other option?

Isn't it normally first site that links it, like Janibox? Then when MS hosts theirs we use that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users