#101 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:36 AM

YES! I LOVE TIME TRAVEL STORIES!

So first I guess Weis will team up with Happy to defeat Sibir no? Rebecca I have no idea how she'll get out of there. Does she has any skills of her own?

That ending was really cool because it opens a lot of possibilities for plot direction!

#102 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 07:07 AM

Maybe it will be like that Shiki is some sort of kid from future to prevent some sort of disaster, yes, and its all part of a greater plan.

#103 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:58 PM

Very cool chapter! Tbh, I don't like stories that deal w/ time travel because then eventually becoming confusing, but I'm interested in seeing where the story goes from here.

#104 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 22 August 2018 - 02:10 AM

Mashima did a good job with time traveling in Rave Master actually. It was a bit more simple, but I think he can pull it off. 

And Psyren mastered the notion of time travel in fiction, without getting confusing ;) 

• gametaka and JDG973 like this

#105 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:58 AM

I was wondering if Michael was going to reappear given how prominent he was featured on that color spread in the first chapter. I hope he joins the team. I do like how this opens up the story more as others have said. Since now maybe Shiki was the one that fixed Michael causing him to seek him out in the future. Maybe Shiki is even the Demon King himself or created it since he is the one that Shiki got his gravity ether gear from originally. So there should be some strange connection there too involving time travel. Maybe he even created that whole Grandbell city. So many possibilities. Also that narrator said that time will work weird in this so I do feel like it won't be what we expect. There are going to be some twists. 

Also Rebecca's reaction to the Foot Brothers was funny, Shiki's fight against them should be fun, but I guess it seems that Pino is working for Sibir because he was going to destroy the other robots. I do wonder if Michael is from the past like the young Weisz or is like Pino and also from the future but got lost in time.

#106 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:47 PM

Chapter 9

I think I'm noticing a subtle change in Mashima's drawing style.

The foot bros are weird af. 

Edited by Fenrix, 31 August 2018 - 01:01 AM.

#107 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:47 AM

In 9 chapters, I'm loving Shiki more than Natsu.

• gametaka, PunkHazard, Fenrix and 1 other like this

#108 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:44 AM

ohhh so Michael came from a mass-production huh?

Well, I always enjoyed this moments when the hero just over-powers this really stupid bad guy, so yey for Shiki :D

• Chillman likes this

#109 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:55 AM

Shiki dealt with the Foot Brothers quickly, haha. The scene of him kicking Sibir out of his mech was pretty cool. I'm honestly surprised that it took 10 chapters for the series to have its first proper fight with Shiki and Sibir. I should go back and see how long it took Fairy Tail.

So the robot wasn't Michael. That surprised me. I was expecting this to be him and it would relate to some time travel things, but now that he comes from a mass produced model I wonder how that will relate to the story. Maybe we will see where these mass produced models comes from and who created them or something.

#110 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:00 PM

Chapter 10

Spoiler

#111 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:54 PM

I was expecting Weisz to go with them, he's clearly the Gray/Musica of this series :D

Let's see if they can return to the future, but if there is an old man Weisz I'm assuming everything goes "well".

Hell, I'm even expecting old man Weisz to put like a Deus Ex Machina inside Happy to get them out of troubles :P

• Chillman likes this

#112 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/11/page/1

Info dump like a mother

• Fenrix likes this

#113 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:30 PM

The release dates of this manga are really weird.

Anyway, that was........ an explanation, I guess.... Confusing as all hell, but ok...

Now, let's see what Erza wants from them

• PunkHazard, Fenrix and Mr Love like this

#114 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

Lol, what a creative way to explain away time paradoxes that would occur by bringing past Professor Weisz to the present/future  :P  IMO, it's on the borderline of a BS excuse what with this chronophage monster but hey, we'll roll with it.

Overall, I thought this chapter was quite good (I assume this was an early release?)! Whereas Erza held the title of "Titania", queen of the fairies, we have Erza clone as the skull fairy? 

Edited by Fenrix, 14 September 2018 - 12:10 PM.

#115 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:19 PM

I enjoyed this chapter. I can accept the explanation for the time travel and different realities. I was wondering how they would deal with things like that. Like if it would be more of a Back To The Future hard loop or something more like DBZ or the X-Men where time travel creates a different branched reality. Although I guess this isn't really time travel exactly since the star's time was eaten. I still think that there will be some time paradoxes involved in the story but it seems like those might be special cases that involve a special power or person, like the Demon King, given the big 20,000 year time jump we had earlier.

No surprise that the young Weisz joined the group. I figured he would be playing that Musica/Gray role too, but I like that he is a bit different from them in how he has some questionable morals with being a thief and money obsessed. Although him having an ether gear was a surprise. Being able to alter and re-engineer machines on the fly like that would be super powerful. Also I love that the older Weisz is going to continue to be his own character and traveling around with that bunny girl alien enjoying his life. I wonder how strong he is given he's had 50 years to develop and use his ether gear. Also wonder what this Erza-like person will be like and if she will stay a pirate or join the group. I wonder if her pirate crew is called the Skull Fairies if Skull Fairy is her nickname or something.

Anyway, the first arc is finished now and overall I've enjoyed it. A big space adventure series with nice art and interesting characters. It isn't perfect but Mashima has set up some nic eplot ideas and created a nice world that I want to see more of.

• PunkHazard and Fenrix like this

#116 alekos23

alekos23

Back?

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:45 PM

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/12/page/1

It's fanservice time!

#117 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:03 PM

Oooh, interesting developments. 

Next chapter's title is the manga's title so maybe we'll actually find out what Eden's Zero is. 

#118 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:35 PM

AH yes, Mashima's Fan Service :perv: :perv: now I remember how I endured FT.

That ending is awesome!! I have to say that up until now I'm enjoying this manga. The pace is fast and the action direct. I want to know more about Elsie :D

#119 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 12:13 PM

Chapter 13

Very good and exciting chapter! 

#120 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:39 PM

Wooow that was an awesome chapter!

So Shiki learned by himself how to use gravity ether which is interesting, so it can be something anyone can learn? I'm still waiting for more different uses of the gravity ether though.....

And are we gonna have a huge space battle? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users