139 replies to this topic

#121 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,460 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:03 AM

It's like nakama power, but not nakama power. Why couldn't you do this for Fairy Tail Mashima?!

#122 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 02 October 2018 - 10:14 AM

Because Fairy Tail was about nakama power too. It was all for the guild, and the guild for all. 
Here, there's no guild, so he can do things differently~

#123 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:48 PM

Chapter 15

As usual, NSFW warning. Typically.

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/15/page/1
  • Fenrix, Frankenstein and pyrogenic like this

#124 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 05:26 PM

I didn't even realised 14 was out tbh!

• Fenrix and Chillman like this

#125 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:19 PM

The new ship design is better IMO but the old one was good too. The scene with her blowing up the ceiling is hilarious

#126 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:57 PM

So we finally get where the title of the series, Eden's Zero, comes from. It is the name of their ship. Wasn't expecting that. Also Elsie Crimson giving them the ship and not being evil I guess isn't a surprise. I would have been a little shocked if Mashima made EZ's version of Erza evil, who I think was his favorite character from FT. Also no surprise that we get a Sieghart/Jellal type character, since I think Sieghart was Mashima's favorite character in Rave, and that he also seems to have a connection with Elsie. I did like how when Justice uses his ether gear ability he gets his signature face tattoo over his eye. Also like how he was introduced with the Space Government. It was nice to see some more of the competing forces out in space.

The new ship design looks pretty cool. When the originally said that they would be getting a ship I was not expecting one this big. I guess that means the cast will probably increase soon to try and fill it out more. I do kind of like the theme of Shiki being a "villain" in how things are being structured. With him being raised by someone called the Demon King, him now being called the Demon King, and his ship looking like the ship of the final boss of a game. Could be fun playing with the idea of people thinking he is a bad guy, but obviously he wouldn't be.

And no idea what to make of the thing about reaching Mother and being reborn. I guess it might have something to do with the massive time jump we had several chapters ago.

• Fenrix and masterbio like this

#127 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 12:09 AM

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/16/page/1

Hiro certainly knows how not to waste panels during conversation.

#128 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:37 PM

Was it really necessary to show that "massage" scene during the conversation? I see that Mashima still only see his female characters as things to be groped and ogled at :<_<:

Weisz left but I'm sure he'll be back. And this new person looks like an android. Could it be one of the starshines? 

Edited by Fenrix, 18 October 2018 - 01:37 PM.

#129 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:59 PM

#ClassicMashima

#130 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,460 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:44 AM

The massage scene wasn’t even that bad. If it were Fairy Tail, it would’ve been some perverted enemy.
  • Frankenstein and masterbio like this

#131 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:52 PM

https://jaiminisbox..../en/0/17/page/1

So I guess this guy isn't one of the 4 ship people?

#132 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

Aw man I always get this uneasy feeling with the villains that only want to buy hot girls -.-

#133 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:24 AM

I see that Mashima still only see his female characters as things to be groped and ogled at :<_<:

And useful in battle. . .

Posted Image

#134 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 02:20 AM

And useful in battle. . .

I'll give him that but doesn't excuse that he takes whatever chance he can to sexually objectify them.

Lol, should've seen the last chapter as foreshadowing of what's to come now that we have some toad dude who is literally collecting girls to sexually exploit them (given based off the statues around him).

Despite all that, I do look forward to this fight between Shiki and cyborg dude. I think ether gear is really cool and like how Mashima has been using it so far through Shiki's fighting style. 

#135 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:59 AM

I'll give him that but doesn't excuse that he takes whatever chance he can to sexually objectify them.

Lol, should've seen the last chapter as foreshadowing of what's to come now that we have some toad dude who is literally collecting girls to sexually exploit them (given based off the statues around him).

Despite all that, I do look forward to this fight between Shiki and cyborg dude. I think ether gear is really cool and like how Mashima has been using it so far through Shiki's fighting style. 

Are you an anime/manga n00b 'cause if you aren't. . .ITS JAPAN and you should have realized something like this by now.

You can't swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting an anime/manga that has a bunch of Ecchi/Fan Service.

Posted Image

#136 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:39 AM

That kimono on the new girl tho

#137 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:53 PM

Are you an anime/manga n00b 'cause if you aren't. . .ITS JAPAN and you should have realized something like this by now.

You can't swing a dead cat by the tail without hitting an anime/manga that has a bunch of Ecchi/Fan Service.

Lol, please don't assume things about me.

Just because "ITS JAPAN"  1) doesn't mean I need to excuse it or find it acceptable and 2) doesn't mean that Japan is in the right  :rolleyes:

Cultural relativism only goes so far and Japan's unhealthy perversion of sex and women leads to real world problems in a society where men already feel entitled to women's bodies. That's how you get scum like incels. 

#138 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:32 PM

Lol, please don't assume things about me.

Just because "ITS JAPAN"  1) doesn't mean I need to excuse it or find it acceptable and 2) doesn't mean that Japan is in the right  :rolleyes:

Cultural relativism only goes so far and Japan's unhealthy perversion of sex and women leads to real world problems in a society where men already feel entitled to women's bodies. That's how you get scum like incels. 

What you say is true, but Mashima is not as caricatural. 

He loves drawing women, and loves arousing the readers, obviously.  

But at the same time, in his manga, the girls are not just a body, they're complete characters. 

They're pretty, strong in battles, and have their own personality. 

That's better than most manga. 

And you know, between the sexy one and the perfect housewife, I'm not sure which is worse for boys to have wrong ideas about women.

• Fenrix and Chillman like this

#139 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted Today, 12:18 PM

Chapter 19

Woo for 28 pages (and that color page tho  :aww: ) I'm really enjoying the progression of the story and love these new characters/allies we're being introduced to. Curious about what this new girl's fighting ether gear fighting style will look like.

I forgot to read last week's chapter but let me say that I look forward to a full on fight between Shiki and Jin. 

#140 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted Today, 06:28 PM

Ok so one thing is slave-sex trade in manga that are hardcore, like Tenjo Tenge or even Akame ga Kill. But in here? It just feels so.... not appropriate.

Now I'm not saying Hiro shouldn't address this, unfortunately this happens in several countries, but still.... For me it doesn't combine with the light-hearted feeling of the manga...

Even in FT, when the girls got naked it never got this mature.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the overall plot, including this new chick :) she looks like Kagura!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users