• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#141 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:37 AM

In FT they had child kidnaping and forced labor, tortures, I think trafficking was there too.

#142 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 09:38 PM

Chapter 20 (NSFW)

Chapter 21

Oooo, Homura is so cool. An ether gear blade that can transform into multiple forms. Maybe it will have different powers depending on the form, kinda like Haru? 

Don't know if it would ever happen, but I would look forward to a fight between Shiki and Homura. 

Edited by Fenrix, 20 November 2018 - 09:55 PM.

#143 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:16 PM

Nice, the new Erza is cool!

I liked that one part of Edens Zero is evil, perhaps this "Sister" was sabotaged or something, but I'm really curious!

#144 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 06:05 PM

Out of all things.. Killing young women to turn them into furniture.. Ok now, despite what I had in mind with my previous post it now hit dark for me. And I mean really.

#145 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:57 PM

Are they dead? Usually turning to stone is a curse that can be reversed.

#146 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:35 PM

Using young women as inanimate interior desing is... kind of cruel.

In regard to turning to stone - I know it's fantasy and there are many things we have to treat as given (we have fire powers but rarely anyone ever gets burnt, freezing someone works like confining someone in a glass rather than freezing him...), but treating turning to stone as a removable curse doesn't work for me. It's turning living matter into stone on a cellural level, ceasing all functions in an inreversible manner - you need "rise dead" spell rather than "remove curse". You may not agree with me, but the inconsistence goest too far for me here.

However that's more regarding the matter of turning to stone.

But then again the motive  of turning young girls into inanimate pieces of interior it's heavy foir me, that's what I meant to point.

Even thought we already had some dark stuff in Hiros work - but they were motives we may be more used to. Or me at least.

#147 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 06:13 PM

When Dabura turned people into stone did they die or was it reversible? I don't remember

#148 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:22 AM

Somehow it reversed when he died.

#149 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:41 PM

Lol, I've always had a problem with shounen manga objectifying women but Mashima is literally doing that in the current story and it took me this long to realize it. 

Possible meta critique about current societal issues regarding women  :rly:

Lol, I wish. 

• Blackody likes this

#150 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:37 PM

Lol, I've always had a problem with shounen manga objectifying women but Mashima is literally doing that in the current story and it took me this long to realize it. 

Possible meta critique about current societal issues regarding women  :rly:

Lol, I wish. 

. . .

. .

IT'S JAPAN!

. . .

. .

Stay away from Seinen. . .you'll have a heart attack if you don't. . .

Posted Image

#151 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:37 AM

So, l started reading these series recently, l reallly like the change of scenery and so far there are enough interesting mysteries and goals for the protagonists.
Shiki's power is very interesting and sci-fi-y? (yup made-up word there). Rebecca is a little underpowered for the time being (even though she had ether gear now) and Happy is great.
I really hope Mashima can give us space battles, that would be great. Mother and Demon King are by far the most intriguing characters though. 
Especially after the reveal that the DK was trying to reach Mother but stopped his quest to raise Shiki. This seems really fishy.
I bet the DK reached Mother and some time screw ups happened resulting in Shiki turning into a child or the DK asked to be reincarnated to a human but something went wrong.
After witnessing how powerful was DK's crew, it's a given that he was powerful at his prime.

The only thing l don't enjoy is the vague explanations we get for each character's abilities. The mechanics or limits are left up to imagination.
Anyway, l guess we'll get more information when we learn about the nature and origin of Ether Gear.

Edited by Blackody, 02 December 2018 - 03:17 PM.

Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#152 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:09 AM

Using young women as inanimate interior desing is... kind of cruel.

In regard to turning to stone - I know it's fantasy and there are many things we have to treat as given (we have fire powers but rarely anyone ever gets burnt, freezing someone works like confining someone in a glass rather than freezing him...), but treating turning to stone as a removable curse doesn't work for me. It's turning living matter into stone on a cellural level, ceasing all functions in an inreversible manner - you need "rise dead" spell rather than "remove curse". You may not agree with me, but the inconsistence goest too far for me here.

However that's more regarding the matter of turning to stone.

But then again the motive  of turning young girls into inanimate pieces of interior it's heavy foir me, that's what I meant to point.

Even thought we already had some dark stuff in Hiros work - but they were motives we may be more used to. Or me at least.

Ever read Dr. Stone?

https://jaiminisbox....eries/dr-stone/

It deals with this very subject on a global scale where a good chunk of humanity gets turned into stone all of the sudden.

Posted Image

#153 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 11:34 AM

Ever read Dr. Stone?
https://jaiminisbox....eries/dr-stone/
It deals with this very subject on a global scale where a good chunk of humanity gets turned into stone all of the sudden.

Sure, I am reading this.
But I am saying here not just about petrification itself. Which in dr Stone was sort of global event.
I am talking about sadism here. The way it treats other person and its life.

#154 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

http://mangaseeonlin...chapter-23.html

And that time beast returns

You know when stuff goes down when you can see here eyese

Edited by YyAoMmIi, 05 December 2018 - 03:44 PM.

• pyrogenic likes this

#155 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:29 PM

There is also CH 22 before that. We never had it linked here earlier.

#156 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:06 PM

Another Chronophage so soon? I'm not sure I like it. Couldn't Mashima come up with something new?

The rest of the chapters (both 22 and 23) were cool. The way the girls found a way out and all, but I just wanted to see more of Shiki punching that Frog-dude!!!!

#157 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:07 AM

Lol, when did Mirajane and Lisanna become B-cubers  :lol:

http://mangaseeonlin...2-page-14.html 

Also, nice peep of Gray and Juvia on a date right there on the cover page of Chapter 23.

Didn't see chapter 22 on the website I usually go to but it was better reading both chapters back to back because they were awesome.

Shiki vs. Jin, Homura vs. Weiss, and the appearance of the Chronophage. Things bout to be hella interesting. 

Edited by Fenrix, 06 December 2018 - 12:08 AM.

• Blackody likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users