#2 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:36 AM

Awesome chapter! Its nice to see all the old characters again! Tho we didnt need those recaps did we? Im sure everyone who reads one pier would remember all those events and the people. Regardless it was nice to see the interactions.

That hat I still have no clue as to wat it could mean. Maybe Gold roger used to be a celestial dragon and thats his old hat? Or maybe Gold roger is still alive?

#3 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:08 AM

"power degrades in time, it rots away"
And then we see the hat in a confined vault, frozen as to be preserved as long as possible.
Is the hat the secret treasure.
It has to be something that would shook the world. Is it Uranus?
I don't see how the hat can be dangerous.

#4 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,488 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:24 AM

We have technology that can create Pacifista but let's use human-powered machine for the ''Travulator''. Sadists indeed, Tenryuubito...

Awesome Shirahoshi! Tell the truth!

The hat is pretty big. A giant wore it, maybe?

And WTH? Isn't the Tenryuubito's power absolute? If they wanted to kill DD, I don't think Marines can oppose. They can even demand Admiral to be sent after all. But of course, Akainu must have said ''fuck you'' and now Magellan is doing a good job.

How does my DD eat in those chains? Someone spoonfeeds him? Maybe his family is close.

Edited by Fulmine, 01 June 2018 - 01:14 AM.

• Raiden, Blackody and masterbio like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#5 Marem19

Marem19

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:26 AM

Looks like the revolutionary army is about to get some new blood

#6 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:30 AM

It's now official: Vivi, Shirahoshi, and Robecca are now Best Friends Forever because of Luffy and The Straw Hats. 

• masterbio and Chillman like this

#7 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,744 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:33 AM

Yeah, I have no clue what this giant straw hat could be. Dof called the secret they have been hiding a "treasure" instead of a weapon or something along those lines, so it seems like it is something valuable that needs to be preserved, but he also referred to "power" and how it can rot away quickly. I guess the "power" he might be referring to is the power the CD's hold and if this secret treasure becomes public knowledge then they will lose their power quickly? I really don't know.

Maybe that hat gives some kind of power or ability, or I wonder if there will be some weird time travel situation and that straw hat is actually the same straw hat that Luffy has now, but somehow it became the last relic from the Void Century if Luffy traveled to the past? Although that wouldn't explain how large it is. Also I wonder if that person we see holding the wanted poster is Vegapunk.

Also it seems that either Dof will get assassinated or broken out, but I feel like he will get killed off here as I don't see what other role he has left in the series. He's sort of served his purpose. I would say that maybe a Blackbeard could decide to break him out and use him because of what Dof knows, but Blackbeard already went to Impel Down once and got people. I don't see him doing it again, so that possibility seems dead. CP0 will probably be used to kill him I guess.

And it was nice to see all the old characters Luffy and his crew have helped along the way. The three princesses all interacting with each other was pretty entertaining too. It was such a strange dynamic to see them all laughing and talking about Luffy while at the same time you can see the slaves being made to move the road underground and the CD spying on Shirahoshi.

• Raiden likes this

#8 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,488 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:36 AM

Basically a chapter of Luffy's fanclub meeting and because they are a hardcore cult following they don't dare to talk loud about what they like LOL

Oda could have saved the fucking stupid recap and put in another secret because as it stands the hat is the only intriguing thing in this chapter.

Yeah, I have no clue what this giant straw hat could be. Dof called the secret they have been hiding a "treasure" instead of a weapon or something along those lines, so it seems like it is something valuable that needs to be preserved, but he also referred to "power" and how it can rot away quickly. I guess the "power" he might be referring to is the power the CD's hold and if this secret treasure becomes public knowledge then they will lose their power quickly? I really don't know.

Maybe that hat gives some kind of power or ability, or I wonder if there will be some weird time travel situation and that straw hat is actually the same straw hat that Luffy has now, but somehow it became the last relic from the Void Century if Luffy traveled to the past? Although that wouldn't explain how large it is. Also I wonder if that person we see holding the wanted poster is Vegapunk.

Also it seems that either Dof will get assassinated or broken out, but I feel like he will get killed off here as I don't see what other role he has left in the series. He's sort of served his purpose. I would say that maybe a Blackbeard could decide to break him out and use him because of what Dof knows, but Blackbeard already went to Impel Down once and got people. I don't see him doing it again, so that possibility seems dead. CP0 will probably be used to kill him I guess.

And it was nice to see all the old characters Luffy and his crew have helped along the way. The three princesses all interacting with each other was pretty entertaining too. It was such a strange dynamic to see them all laughing and talking about Luffy while at the same time you can see the slaves being made to move the road underground and the CD spying on Shirahoshi.

What purpose did Crocodile serve? Oda could also have had him die in there and let only Jinbe and Iva do the job of protecting Luffy.

The hat is probably Joy Boy or whoever originally passed down the will of D.

#9 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:07 AM

Well beyond the RA declaring war, we now have another conflict regarding the celestial dragon wanting shirahoshi. I think what we might see is the RA save her to show up the goverment and how it treats people/ we may see luffy's friends save her and reject the WG. I also think it would be odd for them to keep the hat of someone like the original owner of the hate if they were enemies. Hell they executed only Ace for being the son of gol d roger. I can't imagine why the shrine to the hat if the owner of the hat was originally an enemy.

Also, i don't recognize the silhouette but does anyone else/have any idea? It's kinda great to me that the mad man Doffy knows the most(openly) about all of this.

#10 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,488 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:42 AM

Maybe it was Sabo.

#11 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:05 AM

Did I hear luffys-sama name? Hajahaha

This hat goes toe to toe with: "the name of the kingdom was..", "shoot him" bam!.

#12 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 03:16 AM

Solid chapter,the only negative about it was all the recap crap which I personally could have done without.

Liked all the interaction between Shirahoshi, Rebecca and Vivi.

Not to sure how a possible assassin is gonna sneak into Impel Down or why someone wants to kill Doffy for in the first place.

I absolutely have no idea about the hat.

#13 Oben

Oben

Dead

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,851 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:15 AM

For the recaps, the chapters they reference came out 18 years ago. A good portion of the readers wasn't even born back then, and not everybody owns all the volumes.

For the hat - maybe it's like a Vivre Card, that it's connected to Luffy's and they constructed it to track him down? I'd find it hard to believe that the goddamn hat is some important object of cosmic powers or whatever.

Also, Chopper's horns on the Lapan :lmao:

• Raiden, capu, masterbio and 1 other like this

#14 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:19 AM

Doflamingo will flip role and become the hero after world government betrayed him and put him to jail. He will become like randy orton who is a likable hero in 2004. I feel that this is a platform for doflamingo for becoming the hero.

Edited by gametaka, 01 June 2018 - 04:19 AM.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#15 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,943 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:37 AM

Summary of this chapter...

RK4R3Ck.png

cred to silver

• Kazekage, Tale, Ankit and 3 others like this

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#16 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,789 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:55 AM

Ok chapter...the panels for the trivia are a waste.

Dr Kureas shirt says "wanted 100$" hahaha

I dont understand, was the strawhat created with that secret power or is the strawhat itself the secret power?

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#17 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:43 AM

My guess is that Ds were part of NWO, but distanced themselfs from it. And so D(ragons) and Celestial Dragons were formed.

#18 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:06 AM

Haha, Doflamingo having fun in prison :lolxg:

Someone let him out already.

I hope we will not get some time travel bullshit. That never works out without plotholes.

I liked the theory that the national treasure is the tree of devil fruits, explaining why all the admirals have OP fruits.

#19 Abu Dun

Abu Dun

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Location6th Layer of the Abyss

Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:28 AM

A really nice and entertaining chapter, with all the nations allied to Luffy bonding over their mutual experiences of the true nature of the Strawhats. Vivi being her old self was great to see, as was Dalton finally being able to put Wapol in his place and showing him that he now has, in addition to the physicalpower,the position needed to stop him from trash-talking those he holds dear.

Fukaboshi almost immediately noticing that the Travelator isn't a good thing was great, as was Stelly at the same time wanting to import the concept to Goa - likely not caring about the true nature if/when he learns about the way it works.

Doffy expecting to be assassinated for his knowledge is really reminiscent of Dr. Clover and Ohara, as the things he could make public are of similar magnitude and thus the WG wouldn't hesitate to silence him. In that case, Magellan apparently having prevented any attempt of killing Doffy is looking fairly suspicious and could easily be interpreted as treason against the WG, depending on who he receives his final orders from. Or this is a hint at the WG itself not pulling at the same strings and instead being divided into several factions, one trying to keep everything disclosed and doing whatever is needed to keep themselves in power, while another group may be more liberal and trying to change the world just a little.

Finally, with a giant Strawhat being kept away in a secret vault and knowing that the Strawhat Luffy owns is actually being passed down by generations, to the point of serving as a means of identification, I find it plausible that the hat itself is somewhat special and not just a mere decoration. It at least could explain why it's so durable, surviving nearly everything it happens and also explaining why every owner apparently is imprinted with the absolute will to protect it at all costs. 

• Kazekage and Raiden like this

Official member of the Killer Kick Course SquadTM courtesy by Arsonist Joe

currently reading:

Made in Abyss, Jigokuraku, Dorohedoro, One Punch-Man, Vinland Saga, Otoyomegatari

and a lot more

#20 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,488 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:05 AM

I hope we will not get some time travel bullshit. That never works out without plotholes.

You haven't read the joy that is Psyren.

Doffy expecting to be assassinated for his knowledge is really reminiscent of Dr. Clover and Ohara, as the things he could make public are of similar magnitude and thus the WG wouldn't hesitate to silence him. In that case, Magellan apparently having prevented any attempt of killing Doffy is looking fairly suspicious and could easily be interpreted as treason against the WG, depending on who he receives his final orders from. Or this is a hint at the WG itself not pulling at the same strings and instead being divided into several factions, one trying to keep everything disclosed and doing whatever is needed to keep themselves in power, while another group may be more liberal and trying to change the world just a little.

Maybe Akainu joining hands with Dragon coming soon. Fuck Tenryuubito and Gorosei, they say :lmao:

• Raiden, YyAoMmIi, PunkHazard and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users