#42 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,256 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:22 AM

Nice chapter.
Few questions, though:

Did Borsalino imply he alone could stop Big Mom and her commanders from going to Wano, possibly even facing Kaidou as well? And Sakazuki declined the offer, not because we're talking about two freaking Yonkou here, but because of the Wano samurai? Like, Admiral > Yonkou now and samurai ~ Yonkiral?

Did Lucci mean it when he was talking about Roswald as a god and that it was obvious the "lower" people should never defy god? I am trying to interpret it as him only playing that role. I would be disappointed if he didn't get some kind of character developement and he was still an obedient tool of the world government.

What could Shanks want from the 5 elder stars? I thought they were part of the ultimate evil which is the world government, just as bad as someone as Blackbird rising to rule the world.

Were the 5 elder stars, again, being implied to be the highest authority? Last time we saw them, it was implied even them have people they have to answer to or they can't overrule.

Seeing Lucci overpower Leo and Sai was great and reminded of the epic battle that was Luffy vs Lucci.
Funny that the next seemingly compassionate Celestial Dragon is related to Don Quixote Homing. And, of course, that Roswald gets beaten a second time, before any other CD get's punched :D I hope Oda turns this into a running gag.

Oh we have already knew kizaru alone could end all of op if he actually put his mind to it.

Thats what i said, lucci went from a dark agent of justice to a CD lap dog. Very weird change of character.....no i am sorry i am being far too nice... this is a 180 of his entire character. The lucci of old refused to respect spandam at all because spandam was so weak. Now he is following the orders of characters so weak they make spandam look admiral level?

I have to disagree with you on lucci being cool overpowering tai and leo.... i mean....dude... luffy and trebol one shot each of those guys. Lucci should of knocked those guys out just by saying his name.

Well it seems oda is shifting his views a little. Recently we saw kola say the ra isnt even trying to overthrow the wg just the CD. Besides....try telling me the cd are more evil then any other pirate... and the wg currently rules the world, i think it is safe to say bb would be worse, at least the wg locks up evil doers.

Well, technically usopp sat on a cd between the two beat downs of roswold.

If Big Mom wants Luffy why doesn't she send him some "presents"?

Anyways this chapter was hype

2 reasons

1 she probably doesnt know luffy's home address.
2 she sucks. She just sucks alot.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#43 Oben

Oben

Six Times the Charm

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,842 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:31 AM

Did Borsalino imply he alone could stop Big Mom and her commanders from going to Wano, possibly even facing Kaidou as well? And Sakazuki declined the offer, not because we're talking about two freaking Yonkou here, but because of the Wano samurai? Like, Admiral > Yonkou now and samurai ~ Yonkiral?

No, I don't think so. From the talks of the other Marines, it seems like he only offered to lead a force.

Did Lucci mean it when he was talking about Roswald as a god and that it was obvious the "lower" people should never defy god? I am trying to interpret it as him only playing that role. I would be disappointed if he didn't get some kind of character developement and he was still an obedient tool of the world government.

Hard to tell, but he's the kind of guy that I can see buying into it fully, his commitment to the WG is pretty strong after all. I have more doubts about Kaku.

What could Shanks want from the 5 elder stars? I thought they were part of the ultimate evil which is the world government, just as bad as someone as Blackbird rising to rule the world.

He could've come to the conclusion that the WG is clearly preferable to some other options. And he seems to have a (relatively) good standing with them anyway, Sengoku commented on his arrival at Marineford at a similar manner as the Gorosei this chapter.

Were the 5 elder stars, again, being implied to be the highest authority? Last time we saw them, it was implied even them have people they have to answer to or they can't overrule.

They were always the highest authority. In Akainu's talk with them after Dressrosa, he calls them as responsive to the Tenryuubito though, but I think that's more because they have to deal with their wims, not because of political hierarchy.

If Big Mom wants Luffy why doesn't she send him some "presents"?

Anyways this chapter was hype

Maybe because Luffy's known family is scarier than he is :lol:

• Raiden likes this

#44 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:36 AM

That pannel felt so much like pika's "I will kill everyone in this island" moment I actually lost respect for kizaru lol

That is like losing respect for JR Smith :lolxg:

Borsalino was just midday high, that is all.

• Hurley Pirates likes this

#45 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:53 AM

At least in a political sense, the Yonkou are in fact among the most powerful people out there, what with having authority over several countries. And with regards to them being enemies to the WG, it's somewhat like in the real world. If there is a problem that you can only solve with them, then it makes a real difference if the enemy is a loose canon and should be expected to make the opposite from what he promised yesterday or if he can be reasoned with to some extent. Think like the current situation between the US and N-Korea, or the West with any dictator they did work with as long as it met their own needs. So Shanks may be the enemy, but at least he is known to stand by his word and be, as far as it can be said for a pirate, seen as a reasonable person that is actually trying to keep the balance of powers. Compare that to Blackbeard, who nobody in his right mind would let anywhere near Mary Joa, due him being known for backstabbing everyone as soon as he sees a chance to do so.

That aside, this arc turns out to be as awesome as I hoped, with expanding the (fairly little) knowledge of how the upper echelons of the world actually work. It's also great to see that the Celestial Dragons aren't all rotten to the point that they can't be redeemed, so it stands to reason that whatever will bring them down from their position will lead to at least some of them following the example of the Nefeltaris and become somewhat good rulers. On the other hand, Stelly wanting to sit on that throne is foreshadowing at its finest and I'm sure that, due to some turn of events, he will manage to accomplish this - to the horror of everyone else.

I don't know if it has been confirmed before, but Hina sitting in the same room and at the same table as Garp, Strawberry and other Vice Admirals pretty much means that she also was promoted to that rank, continuing the pattern of her and Smoker having the same rank.

thats a fair point but still, its not like pirates is a recognized form of power by the people. The dictators that the US are still legal beings of power even if the US dont agree with them completely. But pirates are criminals everywhere. Wat sense would it make to reason with criminals no matter how powerful they are. The mf war i understood cause that was more about limiting casualties rather then listening to shanks. He’s a pirate. If the WG is so worried about their image they shouldnt even risk meeting with a world famous criminal of untold amounts of crimes commited. I jus dont get it

#46 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,256 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:32 AM

thats a fair point but still, its not like pirates is a recognized form of power by the people. The dictators that the US are still legal beings of power even if the US dont agree with them completely. But pirates are criminals everywhere. Wat sense would it make to reason with criminals no matter how powerful they are. The mf war i understood cause that was more about limiting casualties rather then listening to shanks. He’s a pirate. If the WG is so worried about their image they shouldnt even risk meeting with a world famous criminal of untold amounts of crimes commited. I jus dont get it

Agree 100%, shanks is the worst.... the absolute worst...
  • PunkHazard likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#47 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:39 AM

You know its a good chapter when OP reddit tells you not to spoil and major sites like Jaimini or AP forums go down due to overload...

#48 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:50 AM

Agree 100%, shanks is the worst.... the absolute worst...

lmao wait wait thats not wat Im saying. Shanks is awesome

Btw has anyone else noticed that One Piece, My hero, and HXH are all in arcs that dont focus on the main character. I wonder if theres a trend going on.

#49 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

The timeline bit by bit is clearer. Rock will be in Wano as Oda said a legend will be back.
I always thought he will reintroduce the one that was with Crocus san at the twin capes in a coverpage. Since that one wore a hat that seemed very similar to the one Ace made for Oz Jr., at which he stated he learned to do that at Wano iirc? Figured that that certain someone was of GRs crew too...

Shanks is probably all about world peace or something. He knows about Void Century (assuming Roger let an anchor boy on Raftel instea dof bringing only the strongest crewmembers) yet he doesn't feel like changing things or stirring stuffs up.
While i agree with the rest of ur post i rather see Ray-san having told him the truth when Shanks was on the lvl at which he could defend himself and was characterwise fitting well enough to be allowed such knowledge.

On the other hand i somehow get the impression that Shanks might propose the Gorosei to include the SHs into the shicki, when considering that he already "safed" 2 countries that were oppressed because of their "poor" choices (DD, Croc) and also is "loved" at FI as well as forever being a counter to BB (since Ace) that might actually convince them, despite the mess he created. So far Luffy has indeed caused immeasurable harm to the WG (EL, ID, MF) but on the other hand with the "right" guidance?...well Robin is still the problem.... but i dont know.....i dont see Shanks going to the Reverie solely because of BB tbh.    

But then does this mean Shanks's bounty is just a joke or he may have a very low one?
Dont know about that, since for actually reaching the top certain things must be done. Like keeping the WG, Marines from ur territory, defeat invading pirates/yonkou, take over countries by force. I doubt he achieved all that by talking only. But as u said his bounty might be lowest (although since i persoanlly still consider BB to be weakest yonkou , i still think BB has the lowest bounty among them) Kaidou i see to have the highest since his beastly, destructive character as well as his mass murdering crew/underlings/calamities.

On the other hand i always kind of consider Shanks to be the smart one among the yonkou. Not only strategically/warlike speaking but also influence and economy wise. I think i said this at least since MF war.

He does not directly seem to oppose anyone, i mean he did not even hunt down BB.... I see him to rather be pretty wealthy and having traded with everyone, as long as he pulls the strings, much like Doffy,only better.

Then garp says "all the forces that could prevent their meeting are here" so the marines have forces to prevent emperors from meeting.....
Here is a scenario. 3 admirals are send to fight 1 yonkou. Meeting shall take place at 1o clock. Fight last 3hours, 3 adrmials dead...time 2 o clock....meeting prevented.....wow....

Imo he always was the "brainless" i do everything i get commanded to do kind of guy... he has been shown not to have 2nd thoughts before, neither did i ever see any companionship from him. I aint really surprised Lucci has sticked true to his former  behavior, what i am more surprised of is Kaku still being alongside him. I kind of thought/theorised Lucci would have killed the other CP9 members, and those he could not get a hold off would have defected from the WG... epicly wrong once more....damn it....

I told people back them that all that discussion meant was that the other went behind their back and did it without their consent/knowledge. Although i need to add that some poster (dont remember who exactly...) convinced me of it being otherwise and that the gorosei might indeed stand below the CD. Dont remember that well though.  But i think @captain kidd was adamant that the gorosei<CDs and that he did the (false) convincing, again, as i said not so sure.....

#50 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,480 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:22 AM

Oda tried everything in his power to stop an Admiral from murdering a Yonkou fleet bar the Yonkou him/herself...You can't break the game.

But he makes sure every fucking damn time to show Admirals >>> Commanders whether through feats or dialogues but of course, Yonkou and co are the best.

For the nth time Admirals are comapred to Yonkou...Good lord...

I always thought he will reintroduce the one that was with Crocus san at the twin capes in a coverpage. Since that one wore a hat that seemed very similar to the one Ace made for Oz Jr., at which he stated he learned to do that at Wano iirc? Figured that that certain someone was of GRs crew too...

While i agree with the rest of ur post i rather see Ray-san having told him the truth when Shanks was on the lvl at which he could defend himself and was characterwise fitting well enough to be allowed such knowledge.

On the other hand i somehow get the impression that Shanks might propose the Gorosei to include the SHs into the shicki, when considering that he already "safed" 2 countries that were oppressed because of their "poor" choices (DD, Croc) and also is "loved" at FI as well as forever being a counter to BB (since Ace) that might actually convince them, despite the mess he created. So far Luffy has indeed caused immeasurable harm to the WG (EL, ID, MF) but on the other hand with the "right" guidance?...well Robin is still the problem.... but i dont know.....i dont see Shanks going to the Reverie solely because of BB tbh.    

That can still be Rock. It's never said they and Roger pirates are enemies.

That's for Dragon and Akainu to team up like I said :lolxg:

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#51 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

Im back!!!!!!!

Great chapter i can feel the hype!!

Excited for wano arc

For how long have u been absent? Good to hear from a! 

Thats what i said, lucci went from a dark agent of justice to a CD lap dog. Very weird change of character.....no i am sorry i am being far too nice... this is a 180 of his entire character. The lucci of old refused to respect spandam at all because spandam was so weak. Now he is following the orders of characters so weak they make spandam look admiral level?

Huh? Not sure...dont remember  EL that good, althgouh it was a great arc, but i think that he did not really care for spandam since he was only his temporary boss, who did not really stand high in the WGs eyes....thought that Spandams stupidity was what got him the job in the first place?....well its been too long i guess....

That can still be Rock. It's never said they and Roger pirates are enemies.

Had no intend of making it look like i disagree with u , i simply wanted to share what i had previously hoped to happen. I.e. Scopper Gaban being the one with the hat and him getting reintroduced and explaining the old days/seas to us.

Edited by capu, 08 June 2018 - 11:33 AM.

#52 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:53 AM

10/10 chapter.

Dear lords, the fucking audacity of Saint Chalross and CP0. If the countries who aren't affiliated with Luffy weren't so spineless, what Chalross did could have shattered the current structure of the World Government. If the Gorosei are interested in the Fishmen, why on earth would they let this idiot prance around and kidnap a member of one of the royal families? I didn't believe it until now (since I wasn't sure whether the divinity ascribed to them wasn't a bit hyperbolic) but the CDs actually operate like the gods in Fen Shen Ji. (Will my dream of Eneru having a forceful theological discussion with Chalross and now Lucci ever transpire? Nothing can be more cathartic to me. Oda pls.)

I guess Shanks is there to talk about Blackbeard. Luffy doesn't seem that big of a deal (yet) and Blackbeard is so far the only Yonkiral who hasn't been mentioned this arc and we already know Shanks has been on his case. This chapter made me extremely interested in Shanks, (before I was largely indifferent). We already knew the Marines respected him, but for the Gorosei to hear him out when he intrudes in the Holy Land itself? 

Haven't seen anyone talking about the cover page (as it was understandably eclipsed by the contents of the chapter), but it was hilarious and continued to make me a fan of Orlumbus. I guess the previous ones were the preparations for breaking away from his liege.  :lolxg:

• Miss Coquine, Raiden, Ajh77 and 1 other like this

#53 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,480 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:09 PM

but the CDs actually operate like the gods in Fen Shen Ji. (Will my dream of Eneru having a forceful theological discussion with Chalross and now Lucci ever transpire? Nothing can be more cathartic to me. Oda pls.)

Fen Shen Ji gods are in a whole other dimension...

Enel will just say you need power to back up your status and fry those clowns in instant.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#54 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

were big mom and kaido crewmates on a pirate ship in the past?. and who was their captain?. Did i read the translation wrong?.

What certain pirate does shank want to talk about, the candidates are Luffy and Blackbeard.

Did Big Mom give immortality or long life to Kaido, could her powers do that?. Maybe big mom using her powers to steal lifespans transferred a lot of lifespan to kaido?

24gvaiu.jpg

#55 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

Nice chapter.
Few questions, though:

Seeing Lucci overpower Leo and Sai was great and reminded of the epic battle that was Luffy vs Lucci.
Funny that the next seemingly compassionate Celestial Dragon is related to Don Quixote Homing. And, of course, that Roswald gets beaten a second time, before any other CD get's punched :D I hope Oda turns this into a running gag.

He implied that he could stop the meeting from happening. All he really needs to do is make a blockade on wano. BM doesn't want to have an all out war with marines, neither does kaidou.
It doesn't imply at all that he could handle two yonkous. Or one.
He also wasn't going to go alone.
Akainu knows the yonkous power. He doesn't know the samurai power. He doesn't want to risk it. Not because they are yonkiral, but because going to enemy territory to mess with unknown powers is amongst the stupidest decisions a military leader can make.
Stopping a meeting doesn't necessarily mean fighting or even being on the same level.

Lucci is a brainwashed man. He believes in the wg, and the wg says the CDS are God's, so he follows that.

Shanks could want many things. He could try to make them think luffy isn't that big of a threat. He might want to try a coalition against bb. He might want to talk about dds influence in the coming apocalypse

Yes, the gorosei were implied to be the leaders of the cds, and as such the absolute top tier. They are the 5 closest to sitting on that throne.
  • Chillman likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#56 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:04 PM

we know that oda gets influenced by popular culture but can he get influenced by current popular culture like from game of thrones?. That throne story is giving me a game of throne vibe. Swords around the throne, many different kingdoms, last king and his descendants destroyed?. Pirates of the caribbean is another pop culture story that i think Oda will take from if he hasnt already. I imagine the ending of POTC at world's end to influence the battle between luffy and the pirates vs the world government when the battle for the world begins

24gvaiu.jpg

#57 Oben

Oben

Six Times the Charm

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,842 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

Just remembered that Shakky also stopped pirating 40 years ago, when Linlin and Kaidou were still in cahoots, and she was also supposed to be a big name.

Locks = Linlin O C Kaidou Shakky, maybe?

#58 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:58 PM

Lucci is a murderous lapdog. Not sure why people are hoping this in act. This is completely in character for him. There's a small chance he learned something after he was kicked out of Cipher Pol 9, but considering he's working for a person ten times as vile as Spandam, I see that an unlikely possibility. The most that can have happened is for him to have stopped believing in the WG. :shrug:

Enel will just say you need power to back up your status and fry those clowns in instant.

That's my dream.  :choc:

Edited by Tale, 08 June 2018 - 02:00 PM.

• Miss Coquine and Raiden like this

#59 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 02:04 PM

Curious to see CP0 Leader/Boss

#60 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members