• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:04 PM

im not too sure about that. At least not for awhile. He was jus introduced in this arc and if he becomes as popular as i suspect him to become then i cant see the aurthor Killing him off for awhile. I think he’ll end up becoming friends with Deku. Maybe towards the end of the manga he’ll be killed

Well I personally don't see Hawks lasting all that long, he seems like a disposable character that Horikoshi can kill off to advance the plot.

Just like Nighteye.

I dunno how Hawks will become friends with Deku seeing as they never met. The only UA student Hawks has personal connections with Tokoyami.

Also fun fact, Horokishi seems to have seem other Greek mythology references in his manga besides the Hawks and Icarus analogy I made earlier.

Gigantomachia's name means clash of the titans literally. It's the battle where Zeus and the other gods of Mt Olympus cast down Chronos and the other titans like Atlas.

The name of the prison that All For One is in, Tartarus - is also from Greek myth too. It's part of Hades realm, where the wicked and evil get punished for all eternity.

#22 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:11 PM

Well I personally don't see Hawks lasting all that long, he seems like a disposable character that Horikoshi can kill off to advance the plot.

Just like Nighteye.

I dunno how Hawks will become friends with Deku seeing as they never met. The only UA student Hawks has personal connections with Tokoyami.

Also fun fact, Horokishi seems to have seem other Greek mythology references in his manga besides the Hawks and Icarus analogy I made earlier.

Gigantomachia's name means clash of the titans literally. It's the battle where Zeus and the other gods of Mt Olympus cast down Chronos and the other titans like Atlas.

The name of the prison that All For One is in, Tartarus - is also from Greek myth too. It's part of Hades realm, where the wicked and evil get punished for all eternity.

how would killing him advance the plot tho? Nighteye had some connection to the story since he was AM’s ex sidekick and had that whole prediction thing. Hawk is a brand new character not connected to anything or anyone. His death wouldnt hold any weight.

And i was jus plsaying I think he’ll meet and become friends with deku. Jus cause i can see it happening

#23 Godpachi

Godpachi

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFangirlin' anywhere & everywhere

User's Awards

Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:39 AM

Because I'm America's #1 Hawks Fangirl and I don't want him to die, ever, I would like to say that I believe this retelling of Icarus will result in a positive spin. The boy flying too close to the Sun will actually save him.

Literally or figuratively, I do not know, but I believe Hawks' team up with Endeavor will ultimately be a good thing for my cheeky bird man. 

I would love to see a Nomu or anything rip off Hawks' wings, while Endeavor watches in horror. Oh, that would be mighty delicious. 

• Raiden likes this

RIP Satan

sm6q95.png

Currently At War With Insane Soul

#24 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:46 AM

Hawks is gonna lose his cockyness after this arc. Doubt he'll die though. 

I also don't think he's a villain, a villain wouldnt help all those people 

Edited by Strobacaxi, 09 June 2018 - 05:46 AM.

• Chillman likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#25 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:03 AM

There's also the chance that Hawk anticipated the attack was imminent and wanted to bring endeavor into the fight as well.

That seems like a good possibility too. But even then, it's not just a place where any Noumu can attack, but a winged one specifically.

(On the other hand, Hawks might just always prefer high-up places because of his ability, so that might not say much)

Just like Nighteye.

I think Nighteye had to die because his Quirk was too powerful, and the author realized he had written himself into a corner with it. That, and to drive home the point that All Might's era is fading.

#26 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,639 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:58 AM

I also don't think he's a villain, a villain wouldnt help all those people

Yeah, right...Acting or doing his job is not an option.

Edited by Fulmine, 09 June 2018 - 06:58 AM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#27 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:27 AM

I dont even think Hawk is cocky honestly. Maybe i gotta reread the chapter but i don’t remember him saying anything that could be considered cocky. Maybe he’s kind of an asshole, i get that. But cocky? Kachan is cocky but he’s nothing like Hawks

#28 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:19 AM

Oooh, I like the connection of Hawks to Icarus. That would be very clever if that's the angle that Horokishi is going with by putting him and Endeavor together.

I feel that by the end of this arc, Endeavor will prove his worth as the #1 hero (he still an awful abuser tho), and Hawks could go either way. He could either be the shady hero who uses questionable methods for the "greater good" and peace for pro heroes, or just an asshole coming off as villian-ish, lol.

#29 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,817 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:12 PM

Fun chapter. Hawks and Endeavor have a really fun dynamic with how opposite they are. Endeavor trying to copy Hawks' more approachable personality with the guy that wanted the autograph only to have him freak out because that wasn't in character for Endeavor was hilarious.

There still seems to be something off about Hawks. The Icarus connection with him is an interesting one with how he says he wants to live leisurely but he is very active and goes out of his way to do things as a hero. It is also very interesting to see how he invites Endeavor all the way here and a Nobu comes and attacks them were they are. It feels like he kind of wants to build Endeavor up so he can use him or then maybe tear him down to step over him? Not sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users