Veneer

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,413 posts
  • LocationSunset Vista

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

Hi this is a general video game thread where we talk about video games because we're gaming gamers apparently

Last time the threads got rotated was... Two and a half years ago?

Well, either way, here's to another two and a half years. Ironically, Vesperia discussion made it into the last thread's OP too... Guess it's that good a game.

Coming off the tails of E3, there should be plenty to talk about. As always, obey forum rules and be respectful.

Have yet to actually play Berseria. I think Zestiria got kind of tedious after awhile so when Beseria came out I wasn't as excited to play and then...kind of forgot about it. I have only heard good things so i do plan to play at some point but just keep putting it off. Probably will try to before Vesperia DE releases.

We're getting a lot of samurai games game trailer

Kojima's Magic Moving Picture Show Trailer

KH3 link

SquareEnix has still got it. The more I see of KH III, the more I can't wait to play it and I'm loving the new theme song. Those feels. I actually like it more than "Sanctuary".

Smash Bros ULTIMATE.

Every fighter is Smash history will be playable.
Starting roster is just N64 characters. New characters unlock constantly. 8 player battles.
https://www.theverge...release-date-e3

Embedded link to Smash stuff

Release December 7th 2018

Also, I think you guys should check out Gameslice's Coliseum thing whereas they have a sit down with all the devs for these games....Every time I hear more about Cyberpunk and LoU2 I get more and more hyped :aww:

There's 1 with Kojima that's an hour long too but I feel like he barely revealed anything lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkL_Adx0NRM

Really long appraisal of E3 lole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPdW-WZCnUY

Really long appraisal of REmake 2 lole

I'll clear this with no continues!

wlpOFuA.gif

#2 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:48 PM

If Monolith Soft had introduced XC2 this way, or if this part of the expansion pass was a stand alone game, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat. My only complaint about the trailer is the combat still seems sluggish compared to the previous two games.

I'll still pass on it, but it's good to see the support it's getting and I'm glad to hear how well both the game and the company are doing. I'm looking forward to their next big project (already in the early stages of development) for the Switch.

Edited by FongShwei69, 13 June 2018 - 04:50 PM.

#3 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,174 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

Couldn't disagree more. Actually Microsoft had the best conference (which is weird). Although a lot of 3rd Party, but Sony only had Ghost of Tsushima for me (and I hate them that I won't be able to play it...)

Also that beginning of the Sony conference, was jsut bad. (not the actual gameplay trailer of last of us but everything else)
In terms of announcements/trailers maybe (IMO Bethesda was just as good in this department....Maybe even better) but other than that, their conference really wasn't all that

First of all, 95% of those hype announcements/trailers were for games that are also going to be playable on PS4 (Cyberpunk 2077, DMC V, Jump Force, KH3 just to name a few) and if Sony hadn't decide early to switch it up this year (Basically they pulled a classic Nintendo) and focus mainly on their exclusives, those trailers could have very well been revealed at their conference

Secondly, in terms of exclusives, Mirosoft barely showed much at all with only Ori, Forza and Gears actually having more than just trailers showcased and although them announcing that they'll be having new IP's in the future due to all the studios that they recently scooped up is a good thing, that's nothing to write home about just yet....Whereas with Sony, they showed a ton of gameplay for all of their exclusives which are way more exciting than what Microsoft showed 

Thirdly, people mainly watch E3 for gameplay and even with their exclusives, Microsoft barely showed any of it like I said before unlike with Sony

Lastly, you guys are reaching hard with the intermission/intro stuff......The LoU2 thing was apart of the showcase, they got a building and musician to aesthetically go along with the gameplay reveal to set the mood and tone of things, they LITERALLY put on a show so that they could express how committed they are to properly presenting their games instead of the traditional, come to our generic setup conference room and look at a screen (They did this same thing for when they first revealed GoW4 by having a live orchestra play the damn theme of the game before the gameplay started lol) 

Sony has always been ahead of Microsoft and this year wasn't any different.....They even dropped BO3 on their asses for kicks and FOR FREE....That game is still hella popular and has content added to it regularly for the past 3 years....That's sick

• Fenrix likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#4 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:31 PM

I may end up buying this before I even have the PS4 (wouldn't be the first time*). It looks absolutely gorgeous and so is the animation, which is why I don't understand the complaints I keep seeing in the comments section on YT. Every game doesn't have to be 100% photo realistic, or be rendered in 4K to be acceptable. I'd be fine with it as is. :shrug:

If anything, the only issue I have with it, aside from not being available on the Switch, is that Lara now suffers from the same problem as Alloy in HZD: she won't shut up. I get that her chatter is meant to be contextual to guide the player along, but that's gonna get irritating fast. It's like not trusting the player to be able to figure out what to do on their own. If Link did that, I wouldn't play a Zelda game. Hopefully there'll be an option to silence her.

*note: I bought SMG and 'Twilight Princess' two months before I was finally able to get the Wii itself.

#5 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,851 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

Hmm, can't wait to see more from this game.

• Raiden likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#6 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

I feel like people saying Sony was one of the best or even a good conference didn't actually watch the conference. I watched all of them with some of my friends these past few days as they were airing and literally half of the guys fell asleep with the banjo, flute, and random faffing about that they did for so long in the first half. It was just a terrible conference to watch. Microsoft on the other hand just built up the hype with game after game being thrown out there before you could process the last one. All I can say is thank goodness most of them are coming to PC or PS4 since I don't own an xbox and am not in a hurry to get one, but seriously they had by far the best line up. Especially with out there titles like Jump Forces which I would have swore up and down would likely only get shown at the Tokyo Game Show or the like came entirely out of left field. 

I mean sure you can talk about who's "winning" or whatever with exclusives or what have you, but with a switch a pc and a ps4 I really couldn't care less about any of that this E3, what I can tell you though is which conference got me the most excited and raring to buy new games and it was microsoft. Shadows Die Twice, Cyberpunk 2077, Sea of Theives, and surprises like Battletoads or DMC5 really pushed it ahead of everyone else. Even my Nintendo bias can only put them at a tentative second or third, because while they only showed around as many games and exclusives or new news as Sony did, at least Nintendo decided it would skip all the bullshit Sony went with. I am still interested in Death Stranding and Ghosts of Tsuchima, but holy canolli were they showed obtusely. 

• Raiden likes this

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#7 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:44 AM

I feel like people saying Sony was one of the best or even a good conference didn't actually watch the conference.

The conference itself isn't what matters to me. All I care about are the games revealed during the conference and Sony delivered big time.
  • 'Kingdom Hearts III' (my pick for best gameplay/story trailers of E3)
  • 'Shadow of the Tombraider'
  • 'Soul Calibur VI'
  • 'Dead or Alive VI'
  • 'Spider-Man'
It pains me to say it as a Switch owner, but all of the major story driven third party titles I'd like to play + the newest installments of both my favorite fighting game series are on the competing two consoles. Which is why I'm finally getting a PS4 to supplement my Switch library. That alone is reason enough to for me to give Sony the "win" for this year's E3.

#8 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:12 AM

Most of these titles were already announced though. Either last year or in Microsoft's conference. It's hardly all too big a shock or big news to talk about KH and Spider man yet again when we know they're coming. Sure the new trailer is nice, but Sony had so much faffing about and almost nothing new to show for it, it's clear they lost most of the bids to announce new games to Microsoft and needed badly to pad their show. Dessine or whatever the fromsoft game was called was one of the only new things to be announced and really was more of a let down than anything as many were hoping that it would be bloodborne 2. Sony had maybe 2 new games to talk about and a couple expansions on what will be in upcoming games. It simply cannot be compared.

• Raiden likes this

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#9 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:37 AM

Most of these titles were already announced though. Either last year or in Microsoft's conference. It's hardly all too big a shock or big news to talk about KH and Spider man yet again when we know they're coming.

in upcoming games. It simply cannot be compared.

That depends on how you look at it. If someone announced 10 new games you didn't care about, as opposed to 4 games you already knew were coming, but still looking forward to - which ones would you say were better?

I already knew about 'Shining Resonance Refrain' and 'Indivisible' coming to the Switch long before E3, but I was still excited to see the new trailers to see how far along they were and when their release dates would be. I feel the same way about KH III and the other third party games I mentioned.

None of Microsoft's exclusives appeals to me. Sony at least has a few that I'm interested in, and Nintendo's 1st party exclusives were enough to make me choose the Switch as my console of choice (and still is).

But this time 'round Nintendo didn't have much to show that appealed to me other than the new FE. Sony and Microsoft both have killer multiplats, so their exclusives was the tie breaker and Sony's won me over.

#10 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:48 AM

That depends on how you look at it. If someone announced 10 new games you didn't care about, as opposed to 4 games you already knew were coming, but still looking forward to - which ones would you say were better?

The latter. I would personally be more excited for the former, but at the same time "you don't care about" is somewhat implying it's shovelware shit when that really wasn't the case. I didn't walk into Microsoft looking forward to much of anything because I'm not usually a fan of their stuff, but the constant barrage of new interesting looking high production value games swept me up and got me into it. It's quite literally one of the best conferences I've seen in years and I've never owned an xbox. As I've already stated it's not about exclusives or anything like that. It kind of has to be, considering you're bringing up mostly non exclusive titles as well. It's about the sheer amount, variety and quality of titles microsoft threw out there. There was quite literally something for everyone. Half the titles you mention were at their conference. Like I said in my first post, you can quibble over what console won, bicker over exclusive this and that, but the conferences and announcements were 80% Microsoft's win this year. Sony brought almost nothing and instead of just playing the same trailers microsoft did at their conference they decided to play a banjo instead. 

• Raiden likes this

iyzTKCh.jpg

#11 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:06 AM

The latter. I would personally be more excited for the former, but at the same time "you don't care about" is somewhat implying it's shovelware shit when that really wasn't the case.

That isn't what I meant about "not caring".

For example: Anthem looks phenomenal. If it plays anywhere near as good as it looks, I'd expect it to receive rave reviews and sell remarkably well. But -- the game does not appeal to me, because I'm not into shooters or battle royal style games. I'm not a fan of first person shooters either, no matter how well they're done. The genre just doesn't appeal to me.

My only interests are: jrpgs, adventure games, stealth/action (i.e. MetalGear, SplinterCell, etc.), 3D fighters, and platformers - in that order.

Sony brought almost nothing and instead of just playing the same trailers microsoft did at their conference they decided to play a banjo instead.

I didn't see that part of the conference. Not sure I want to, so I'll count that as a good thing.

Edited by FongShwei69, 14 June 2018 - 02:08 AM.

#12 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:12 AM

I'd still have to disagree in that case then, as for example I'm not going to buy Forza 4, like there's pretty much no chance, but even that reveal looked great and I'm sure it'll be a great game and I'll probably even have fun with it if I go to a friends house or the like. I was more excited by that then by hearing a scant bit more information on Octopath which I'll be getting day 1. The only thing that I got excited for with that was hearing it's getting a new demo soon and is coming out soon even though racing games generally don't appeal to me.

Edited by Spamamdorf, 14 June 2018 - 02:13 AM.

• Raiden likes this

iyzTKCh.jpg

#13 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:35 AM

I forgot about racing games and I agree that Forza looks impressive, but I prefer arcade style ones like 'Team Sonic Racing'. If it turns out to be nearly as good as ASRT, I can definitely see myself playing that one for awhile.

#14 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:43 AM

Well, I don't care how much variety or whatever shit a company shows, I care about which game showing got me interested. To me, Sony's dumb shenanigans were as interesting as something like Cyberpunk or Fallout. As in, not at all. I'd say that the worst part about Sony's conference wasn't that, it was how Naughty Dog thinks they're the most brave developer out there because they choose to focus on how gay their main character is. Much like the Wolfenstein guys think hating Nazis is somehow a controversial, powerful statement. That's the real cancer.

But despite Sony's stupid shit they still showed games I'm interested in, and that for me is all that matters.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:04 AM

In terms of announcements/trailers maybe (IMO Bethesda was just as good in this department....Maybe even better) but other than that, their conference really wasn't all that

First of all, 95% of those hype announcements/trailers were for games that are also going to be playable on PS4 (Cyberpunk 2077, DMC V, Jump Force, KH3 just to name a few) and if Sony hadn't decide early to switch it up this year (Basically they pulled a classic Nintendo) and focus mainly on their exclusives, those trailers could have very well been revealed at their conference

Secondly, in terms of exclusives, Mirosoft barely showed much at all with only Ori, Forza and Gears actually having more than just trailers showcased and although them announcing that they'll be having new IP's in the future due to all the studios that they recently scooped up is a good thing, that's nothing to write home about just yet....Whereas with Sony, they showed a ton of gameplay for all of their exclusives which are way more exciting than what Microsoft showed 

Thirdly, people mainly watch E3 for gameplay and even with their exclusives, Microsoft barely showed any of it like I said before unlike with Sony

Lastly, you guys are reaching hard with the intermission/intro stuff......The LoU2 thing was apart of the showcase, they got a building and musician to aesthetically go along with the gameplay reveal to set the mood and tone of things, they LITERALLY put on a show so that they could express how committed they are to properly presenting their games instead of the traditional, come to our generic setup conference room and look at a screen (They did this same thing for when they first revealed GoW4 by having a live orchestra play the damn theme of the game before the gameplay started lol) 

Sony has always been ahead of Microsoft and this year wasn't any different.....They even dropped BO3 on their asses for kicks and FOR FREE....That game is still hella popular and has content added to it regularly for the past 3 years....That's sick

Sorry but no. The gameplay and the musician for TLoU2 was all fine really. but then going into some weird talk round for 20 minutes? I was literally baffled why they would do that. And after that they start again with a musician (who this time wasn't that good sadly. I don't want to hate him and I know he must have been super nervous but he just didn't hit some of those tones right). After that it was only one trailer after another. I like what I saw with Ghost of Tsushima too, but since I won't have a ps4 in any foreseeable future I'm just sad that it is an exclusive. But that Death Stranding trailer, wtf? And again no release date xD Also Spiderman as the chucker-out/last trailer again, was just weak (I couldn't care less about the spiderman game).

For Microsoft you had a great Opening with a strong exclusive franchise in Halo (yeah no gameplay or release date is kinda meh, but I think people weren't even expecting a new halo?) and they had a great chucker-out with Cyberpunk 2077. And the flow of the conference was also pretty good. It was just the best conference ^^

(Although Sony wasn't the worst. honestly I felt Bethesda was even worse. Didn't like their e3 conference this year at all)

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#16 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

despite Sony's stupid shit they still showed games I'm interested in, and that for me is all that matters.

Agreed.

The conference itself isn't what matters to me. All I care about are the games revealed during the conference and Sony delivered big time.

#17 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Veneer

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,413 posts
  • LocationSunset Vista

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

Bethesda had Todd carrying. Best part of E3 for me.

I'll clear this with no continues!

wlpOFuA.gif

#18 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:36 PM

Bethesda had Todd carrying. Best part of E3 for me.

Todd was also at the MS conference ^^

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#19 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,174 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

but Sony had so much faffing about and almost nothing new to show for it

Nothing new to show? What?

LoU2

- Joel confirmed alive and in charge of whatever it is that they have going on there

- Game mechanic changes 

- Ellie 100% confirmed to be lesbian/bi

Spiderman

- Sinister 6 practically confirmed

- Avengers Tower/The Avengers are confirmed to exist

- Negative dude confirmed to not even be the head villain of the game

- We got to see proper web-slinging mechanics instead of just Arkham-esque fight scenes like what the first trailer showed

Everything we saw from Ghost of Tsushima was new and with Death Stranding, we got to see more characters (Kojima is being Kojima here so you can't expect that much more until the man feels like it and quite frankly he deserves to do whatever he wants after what he went through pre-leaving that other studio)

Even for KH the Sony trailer was almost completely different from the Microsoft one....What did you even watch

Yall focusing so hard on this damn banjo thing (Completely ignoring the significance of it all but whatever, I've already accepted that nobody appreciates the little things and subtleties in 2018) that you all literally didn't pay attention to anything lol?

Edited by Tokoya, 14 June 2018 - 06:27 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#20 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:11 PM

The Banjo was shit, bro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users