Video/Online Game Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
370 replies to this topic

#261 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 05 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

While Revenant probably didn't need to be quite as scathing as he was, he's right that I asked the question to clarify, and Fulmine clarified, and then you responded anyways. It would seem kind of stupid to know that Fulmine is in fact not looking for switch games and to then list them anyways.

I'm aware of that, which is why I recommended GranBlue first, and only mentioned the Switch as an alternative. Fulmine said he didn't have a problem with it, even when I posted gameplay from the PS4 version of GranBlue, rather than the iOS version. And he was curious about how the Switch compred to an iPhone in terms of games and pricing.

There's no harm in mentioning alternatives. Sometimes it may offer a solution that hasn't been considered, or forgotten about. I've had others do the same for me, including here when I was looking for suggestions about anime and gaming.

Edited by FongShwei69, 05 January 2019 - 07:55 PM.

#262 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:46 AM

Fulmine doesn't have a problem with you wasting his time because he's an easy going guy. Not because it was actually helpful to him. You can see that the reccomendations he took to heart were the mobile ones, you know, because that's what he asked for. You're just going to keep trying to justify it to yourself though instead of learning, so I won't waste my own time trying to get the lesson into you any longer. 

Edited by Spamamdorf, 08 January 2019 - 03:47 AM.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#263 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

Think you can also download some classic mega man games. Never bothered to play one, however.

#264 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

Fulmine doesn't have a problem with you wasting his time because he's an easy going guy. Not because it was actually helpful to him. You can see that the reccomendations he took to heart were the mobile ones, you know, because that's what he asked for. You're just going to keep trying to justify it to yourself though instead of learning, so I won't waste my own time trying to get the lesson into you any longer.

Yes, that's how suggestions work. They're either taken into consideration, or they're not.

Fulmine didn't mind, so I don't see the issue.

#265 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:45 AM

And he was curious about how the Switch compred to an iPhone in terms of games and pricing.

Oh, actually I meant that ''I also wonder how'' and the ''...'' at the end as in ''how are they even comparable?'' because I do know what a Switch looks like and its price :lol:

On topic, I agree with FEH and Granblue being the main games I play on my phone.

I'm playing FEH and I feel like it's a bit too much grinding. I just mechanically go through the story mode and tap the auto-battle button in battle as well as training in the tower. Doesn't seem like the charm of when you play it on console translates well on mobile or is there some modes I'm not aware with? The items and all are mad crazy. I thought they would streamline it a lot but then again I suppose my idea of mobile game is different from those who have powerhouse smartphones and play them like they are their main gaming devices.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#266 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

I'm not saying this just because I'm a Bleach fan, but out of all the gacha games I've seen and played, Brave Souls is the one I have the most fun with. Brave souls is constantly adding new characters that are beautifully animated and, for the most part, have well crafted mechanics, which make even the older characters still be relevant when compared to the more powerful newer characters.

#267 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:23 PM

Oh, actually I meant that ''I also wonder how'' and the ''...'' at the end as in ''how are they even comparable?'' because I do know what a Switch looks like and its price :lol:

Ah, I see. My mistake then.

Had I known, I would've said it's technically a mobile device and left it at that.

Edited by FongShwei69, 09 January 2019 - 04:15 PM.

#268 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:12 PM

After 10 long years, the wait is finally over: I just got the shipping confirmation email from Amazon that my copy of 'Tales of Vesperia: DE will be arriving tomorrow. I and millions of other 'Tales Of' fans will finally be able to enjoy all the extra content that was cut from the 360 version. :)

#269 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 17 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

So there's going to be a ARPG of DBZ? 

http://www.rpgfan.co.../2019/8650.html

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#270 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

Resident Evil 2 remake is freaking incredible... I am scared like hell just by watching someone else else play it  :devastated:

#271 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:48 PM

Some Metroid Prime 4 news:

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=FZGUHUjAkBE

From what I can gathered from that video, all the current development has been scrapped. But worry not, development for this game is gonna begin with Retro.

Considering this news, I don't expect the game to be out until around 2021 maybe.

#272 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

Resident Evil 2 remake is freaking incredible... I am scared like hell just by watching someone else else play it :devastated:

It's really really good, and it's really really well optimized. The new RE engine is doing wonders.

#273 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:36 PM

Also, real props to the sound design and mixing in this game. Really sets the mood, like a fine wine with a finer steak.

Edited by Revenant, 26 January 2019 - 12:36 PM.

• trafalgarlawisop likes this

#274 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:00 PM

Also, real props to the sound design and mixing in this game. Really sets the mood, like a fine wine with a finer steak.

It was one of the strength of the original games. The sound design really immersed you into the game wether its Zombies and enemies creeping in the corner, broken windows, or  the sheer weight of a giant boulder. RE2 remake perfectly nailed that part.

Not only that the game makes backtracking incredibly entertaining. A new area unlocked implies a possible new danger which always keeps you on the edge of your seat. The game forces you to plan your every moves carefully and the lack of visibility always makes you dread for an enemy creeping in the hidden distance and shadows.

It only takes like 4 to 7 hours to complete a campaign but its the kind of game that will make you sweat and dread every seconds, and minutes.

#275 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:10 PM

For sure a large part of that dread is owed to mr.X. He makes me fucking nervous. Enemies that don't die are the bane of my existence.

But yeah, one of the things I didn't particularly like was the enemy variety. I just completed the Leon campaign thus far but there's like 6 or 7 enemy types total. Compared to the previous remake that's kinda low.

#276 YoWid

YoWid

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2019 - 06:55 AM

Is Tofu unlockable?

Spoiler

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

#277 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:08 PM

RE 2 Remake. 

It's a good game but not really a great game. 

I say that because firstly it's overall just a polished up RE2. Sure some things are different in way of the plot, but nothing that really changes the core of it being just the same as the original. Which you'd figure since Capcom went to make sure an state that the game wasn't a 'Remaster' like the first one and would be like a "Brand New Entry;" you'd think that things would have been more different, as some thought that Capcom was going to do a reboot of sorts from this Remake of RE2. 

Also note that the Remastered version of RE1 had some differences in plot from that of it's original. Namely changes such as Lisa Trevor. But even with some small changes it was still just RE1 plot wise. 

So the whole Remake thing is a bit lost on me. 

In any case it's pretty much a better updated version of RE2 rather than a very different take of the RE2 story and characters. Thus making it no different from the RE1 Remaster, or other sorts of Remaster's; nice an good games, but nothing really new to it other than mostly being nostalgia trips. 

Moving on. The real treat here is environment. As like the RE1 Remaster, RE2 Remake modifies the world around your characters; not only making it look better but also more dreadful and believable. 

What also works well for the environment is the modification of the enemies. The infected don't go down too easily, making them annoying as well to be wary of. Lickers an Dogs are a pain. An good ol Mr. X is a thing of nightmares. 

The game play is different from the original, as there's no tank controls or fixed camera angles. Which honestly works a lot better IMO. However my only issue would be the running speed; as top speed is ridiculously sluggish. Now I'm not saying your characters should blitz around like Sonic the Hedgehog, but all the same maybe a little more movement would have been better. Considering that I'm not some work out maniac, yet I can walk faster than how the characters sluggishly run about.  

Music is good, though getting the original music is a treat as well. 

Overall a good polished up RE2 that's more of a nostalgia trip then a new experience. 

So I'd give it 3 Mr. X fedora's out of 5. 

Edited by Narubi, 29 January 2019 - 06:48 PM.

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#278 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:30 PM

I've been playing Tales of Vesperia: DE for about a week and falling in love with it all over again, especially now that i can enjoy the content that was missing from the 360 version. But, a few days from now, I'll have to put Tales on hold, 'cuz I just ordered the Deluxe Edition of KH III. Once I finally have that one, I'll pretty much be set for the rest of the year. At least, until Indivisible and GranBlue: ReLink arrive.

#279 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:09 PM

Is Tofu unlockable?

Spoiler

Yes and no.
  • YoWid likes this

#280 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:52 AM

For a game that was so awaited, Kingdom Hearts 3 seems to be getting really middling reviews. I was expecting critics, which are often very forgiving, to just eat it up. Not unlike FFXV, which I was hyped for up until maybe two years before it launched, when I understood that the game was not gonna end world hunger or whatever bullshit they were hyping up the game to be. FFXV is one of the few games whose development cycle tells a more interesting story than the game itself.

Square Enix as a whole seem to be going through a tough spell this gen. As publishers, the only real sort of success that comes to mind is Tomb Raider, but even then these games are Putin sales not even a month after they are released, and Just Cause is pretty much the exact same game it ever was. Deus Ex Mankind Divided must have not met some sort of quota because the franchise is now silent, which considering how good Human Revolution was, is very dissapointing. Mankind Divided was good, but was it really something that needed to exist? It felt very simple, story wise. Hitman is also one of these franchises where no one is hyping up these games. They just come and go and that's it. Maybe Square the publisher should reavaluate the importance of the games they publish versus the games they make, because they don't seem to be carrying the company so easily anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users