#361 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:03 PM

I'm starting to get hyped for Sekiro, so if it reviews well I'll probably be picking it up. Thankfully, From Software has kept hush about the story, so i know very little about the game other than the combat.

• Royal_King likes this

#362 Royal_King

Royal_King

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationTrinidad

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:40 PM

RIP if you don't have good Internet.

• Urek Mazino likes this

HXZmyoy.jpg

A Champion of Champions may not be a Hero

#363 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:55 PM

I haven't played FF XII before, but I've heard people say it that plays a lot like Xenoblade, including having its own chain attack system. So I'm looking forward to adding it to my Switch's library, along with FF X (which is my second favorite game in the series). All I'm waiting for now is an official release date for GranBlue Fantasy: ReLink.

The difference between Xenoblade and FF XII is in XII you can either go 'full auto' or 'semi-auto with a dash of turn base control(for all characters unlike Xenoblade)'. . .for certain optional XII bosses. . .its full auto all the way. I'm not kidding when I say it took way over a hour on some of the optional bosses.

Edited by Graeystone, 19 March 2019 - 03:57 PM.

• FongShwei69 likes this

Posted Image

#364 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:11 AM

The difference between Xenoblade and FF XII is in XII you can either go 'full auto' or 'semi-auto with a dash of turn base control(for all characters unlike Xenoblade)'. . .for certain optional XII bosses. . .its full auto all the way. I'm not kidding when I say it took way over a hour on some of the optional bosses.

I can't wait to try those optional bosses then. Hopefully they're not as bad as Gradivus (post-game boss from Xenoblade Chronicles X).

#365 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:34 AM

I can't wait to try those optional bosses then. Hopefully they're not as bad as Gradivus (post-game boss from Xenoblade Chronicles X).

I only played the original Xenogears on the Wii. Morer advice about XII. Do NOT underestimate the time can take to beat it if you are the type who has to do everything possible at 100 percent. Doing that will make XII have the same length as a Xenosaga game on the first run through.

Posted Image

#366 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

Well it looks like Sekiro is getting a lot of good reviews so far!

• Tokoya likes this

#367 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

I've been playing Sekiro for about two hours now and so far it's really good, and to top it off, it runs amazingly. I have the settings set to max and i have yet to go below 60fps at 1080p, using a GTX 1060/Ryzen 1600, nothing overclocked.

I'm thrilled that From Software made something so good looking run so smooth, it was a major concern i had. Hopefully there will be no Blighttown/Lothric moments later in the game.

• Phenomiracle likes this

#368 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:01 PM

Its easily the hardest game they've done. But I'm adapting little by little.
  • Tom Ace likes this

#369 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:59 PM

Its easily the hardest game they've done. But I'm adapting little by little.

Same, though I've seen some claim "its almost as hard as Dark Souls". :laugh:

I don't know if you've found one by now, but the new Black Knights (now purple) of Sekiro are crazy, you know that's the case when someone like LobosJr struggles on one.

#370 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

Same, though I've seen some claim "its almost as hard as Dark Souls". :laugh:

I don't know if you've found one by now, but the new Black Knights (now purple) of Sekiro are crazy, you know that's the case when someone like LobosJr struggles on one.

There are regular ones, and there are miniboss ones. Fuck them all though. 

#371 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:11 AM

*Forgets scum ball governor got state sales tax to be added to online software purchases. . .a couple of measly dollars short on Steam Purchase.*

On the upside, there's no 'surcharge' for Steam Wallet Cards and no sales tax(for Pennsylvania. . .so far. . .)

EDIT -

As of this edit, Morrowind is free to download/purchase throgh Bethesda. . .too bad I can't play it because of Windows 'Screw You Old Retro Gamers' 10.

https://bethesda.net...e-elder-scrolls

Edited by Graeystone, 26 March 2019 - 10:33 AM.

Posted Image

#372 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

Finally. I'd actually forgotten all about Hob, 'cuz I figured it'd never come to the Switch (way before I bought my PS4). So I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this a short while ago.

Say what you will about indie titles, but some of them (like A Hat in Time, The Gardens Between, Indivisible, and Hob) are gems. I'll be downloading this one and DOA Xtreme 3: Scarlet on the 4th.

#373 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:49 PM

Another quality indie game. It kinda reminds me of Ninja Gaiden 3 (NES) with a bit of Strider action. I'll probably pick it up later.

#374 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,137 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:29 PM

So this was announced back on the 29th. Yet I'm just now hearing about it. Hahahaha

So a new Sakura Wars; but this time with Tite Kubo designs. 

Hmmm .... could be interesting. 

• FongShwei69 likes this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#375 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:37 PM

So this was announced back on the 29th. Yet I'm just now hearing about it. Hahahaha

So a new Sakura Wars; but this time with Tite Kubo designs. 

Hmmm .... could be interesting.

character designs: by Kubo
backgrounds: by someone else (sorry, couldn't resist) :xD:

Jokes aside, I've never had the chance to play a Sakura Wars game, so hopefully this one gets localized.

Edited by FongShwei69, 03 April 2019 - 10:38 PM.

#376 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:20 PM

The video and the title speak for themselves. I decided to skip DOA Xtreme 3, 'cuz I'm tempted to pre-order FF XII: Zodiac Age instead. :hmm:

#377 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:57 PM

Finished Sekiro the other day. Great game all around, worthy of standing shoulder to shoulder with the best Fromsoft has offered so far. I still like Bloodborne the best, but I gotta acknowledge that Sekiro offers something very different. The combat has a very different flow to it. It's fast, but it's deliberate, almost like a rhythm game. It encourages the player to play in a calm, but aggressive fashion, much like a Shinobi.
  • Tokoya, Tom Ace and Royal_King like this

#378 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 07:05 PM

Finished Sekiro the other day. Great game all around, worthy of standing shoulder to shoulder with the best Fromsoft has offered so far. I still like Bloodborne the best, but I gotta acknowledge that Sekiro offers something very different. The combat has a very different flow to it. It's fast, but it's deliberate, almost like a rhythm game. It encourages the player to play in a calm, but aggressive fashion, much like a Shinobi.

I finished the standard Immortal Severance ending a few days ago, so right now i cant rate it among other FROM games until i finish all endings, mostly the true ending, and and let it sit a while letting the initial rush die down.

I will say, as a game, it was/is great, but it does lack a lot on replay.

#379 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:26 PM

Replay isn't so important to me, as far as content goes. I missed a boss and two mini bosses on my first pt, but so far the thing about the game thats fun to do is mastering the combat and experimenting with different tools. I'd say Fromsoft went the right way in trimming the fat and focusing on the combat. The combat in this game is quite unlike the combat you see in souls, and combat is arguably the biggest reason these games are fun to play. Sekiro offers a much deeper array of moves and options even though it has one real weapon to use, but it's precisely because of that that the combat is fun, because you're constantly improving instead of relying on crutches like an overpowered weapon, as you would in souls and even BB.

It's fun to see many souls veterans getting absolutely demolished in the early game because they were still learning that the combat has a different flow and different mechanics, and learning how to respond to different situations. And as you're bound to one weapon with one moveset, you're forced to learn the game until it clicks.

#380 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:25 PM

Replay isn't so important to me, as far as content goes. I missed a boss and two mini bosses on my first pt, but so far the thing about the game thats fun to do is mastering the combat and experimenting with different tools. I'd say Fromsoft went the right way in trimming the fat and focusing on the combat. The combat in this game is quite unlike the combat you see in souls, and combat is arguably the biggest reason these games are fun to play. Sekiro offers a much deeper array of moves and options even though it has one real weapon to use, but it's precisely because of that that the combat is fun, because you're constantly improving instead of relying on crutches like an overpowered weapon, as you would in souls and even BB.

It's fun to see many souls veterans getting absolutely demolished in the early game because they were still learning that the combat has a different flow and different mechanics, and learning how to respond to different situations. And as you're bound to one weapon with one moveset, you're forced to learn the game until it clicks.

I agree for the most part, but it will never have the replay of past games, it just can't. I'm still going to rate it very high, and if it gets dlc i will sure as hell get it day one.

I had a lot of trouble with fights early game, but as time moved on it just clicked. Now on my second run after meeting Kuro in the castle, i think i have only died three or four times in total on a full 100% run so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users