Video/Online Game Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:15 PM

Yesterday, I said I'd buy the 'Torna: Golden Country' part of the expansion pass if it was its own standalone game. Today they annouced that it will be available for purchase separately, in physical cartridge form. (pulls out wallet) I guess I'm out of excuses now.

It's hard to believe this portion of the DLC was so massive that it's literally big enough to be its own game, with all new maps, characters, music, and a revised battle system. Monolith Soft is friggin' AMAZING! Definitely the best acquisition Nintendo has ever made.

#22 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

Nothing new to show? What?

LoU2

- Joel confirmed alive and in charge of whatever it is that they have going on there

- Game mechanic changes 

- Ellie 100% confirmed to be lesbian/bi

Spiderman

- Sinister 6 practically confirmed

- Avengers Tower/The Avengers are confirmed to exist

- Negative dude confirmed to not even be the head villain of the game

- We got to see proper web-slinging mechanics instead of just Arkham-esque fight scenes like what the first trailer showed

Everything we saw from Ghost of Tsushima was new and with Death Stranding, we got to see more characters (Kojima is being Kojima here so you can't expect that much more until the man feels like it and quite frankly he deserves to do whatever he wants after what he went through pre-leaving that other studio)

Even for KH the Sony trailer was almost completely different from the Microsoft one....What did you even watch

Yall focusing so hard on this damn banjo thing (Completely ignoring the significance of it all but whatever, I've already accepted that nobody appreciates the little things and subtleties in 2018) that you all literally didn't pay attention to anything lol?

You can't just list multiple things from 2 games to try and pad out how much was shown like that, or are we also giving Nintendo the clear for spending half their conference on smash? Just face it, there was very little in the show. Like, "confirmed to be bi" what kind of news is that lmao. Who cares. If you didn't happen to like the 2-3 new games shown you were shit out of luck, whereas Microsoft shows some 50 games, 20ish of them brand new so if you don't like a couple or even a handful of them you were still given more things to see. It's not just the banjo, it was that, the flute, the little animations between each game and the long sections of talking about not much at all. There was tons of wasted time in the conference that was clearly just padding because they had literally nothing else to show and didn't want it to be obvious how much shorter it was compared to everyone else's.

Edited by Spamamdorf, 14 June 2018 - 07:40 PM.

• Echo and Raiden like this

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#23 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:31 PM

This is one dumb ass back and forth. You guys realize that there's nothing objective about any of this bullshit right? There's no arguments to be made. People are gonna like the conference that showed things they liked, period. It doesn't matter how Nintendo only showed Smash or Sony spent time with bullshit, or even how Microsoft showed 50 or whatever games. At the end of the day people have their tastes and the conference that catered to those is the one which they'll enjoy the most. Sure, Microsoft pleased a lot of people probably with just the sheer quantity of games shown, but theres a fuckton of people who said Nintendo was the best solely because of Smash. It's fine to say who you think was the best, but to try and make it seem like there's an objectively bad or good conference is just stupid. It would be much more productive to actually talk about the games themselves and remove them from the context of the conferences because the games are the whole point of E3 to begin with.
  • Raiden likes this

#24 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,110 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:19 PM

You can't just list multiple things from 2 games to try and pad out how much was shown like that, or are we also giving Nintendo the clear for spending half their conference on smash? Just face it, there was very little in the show. Like, "confirmed to be bi" what kind of news is that lmao. Who cares. If you didn't happen to like the 2-3 new games shown you were shit out of luck, whereas Microsoft shows some 50 games, 20ish of them brand new so if you don't like a couple or even a handful of them you were still given more things to see. It's not just the banjo, it was that, the flute, the little animations between each game and the long sections of talking about not much at all. There was tons of wasted time in the conference that was clearly just padding because they had literally nothing else to show and didn't want it to be obvious how much shorter it was compared to everyone else's.

Except Sony did what they said they would do which was to heavily focus on their 4 exclusives that barely got coverage last year hence the importance on their presentation for those games....The fact that they added in a new IP with a trailer to go along with it (Unlike Micro who just announced that they will be getting new ones in the future), KH3, RE2 and eveb threw in a free game was overkill

Quality>>quanity and gameplay>>CG trailers

Like I said before, Sony could have very well revealed most of those hype trailers but they chose to focus on their own shit which is smart

Edited by Tokoya, 14 June 2018 - 10:19 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#25 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:44 PM

Sony could have very well revealed most of those hype trailers but they chose to focus on their own shit

That's not actually how it works you realize. There's a bit more to just choosing who gets to reveal things when it'll be on multiple platforms. Sony clearly lost their bids this year. 

@Revenant You're right it is slightly silly, but it's just so baffling to me to think this is the case, since as I said, I'm a big Nintendo fan, and probably will mostly buy those games, but it's just so obvious even so how much better Microsoft was I can't lie to myself. Apparently others are better at it though, I'll leave it at that.

• Raiden likes this

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#26 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:14 AM

There's a bit more to just choosing who gets to reveal things when it'll be on multiple platforms. Sony clearly lost their bids this year.

I've seen E3 trailers for all multi-plats on PS4 and Xbox One and linked several of them in the previous thread; including the ones below:

I've also seen the PS4 E3 trailers for 'Soul Calibur VI', Dead or Alive VI', The Last of Us II', 'The Division II' and 'Dying Light II'. Plus, the new Hitman and 'Control'. So yeah, Sony had a pretty good showing this year.

#27 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:37 AM

I've seen E3 trailers for all multi-plats on PS4 and Xbox One and linked several of them in the previous thread; including the ones below:

I've also seen the PS4 E3 trailers for 'Soul Calibur VI', Dead or Alive VI', The Last of Us II', 'The Division II' and 'Dying Light II'. Plus, the new Hitman and 'Control'. So yeah, Sony had a pretty good showing this year.

But these trailers weren't shown in their conference ^^ they just messed up that conference that is all.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#28 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:32 PM

But these trailers weren't shown in their conference ^^ they just messed up that conference that is all.

Which is beside the point: all most people care about are the games. Not the conference itself.

#29 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:23 PM

I am happy that Devil May Cry is making a real come back after 10 years. The artistic direction and atmosphere are starting to grow on me.

I am more of a fan of Dante and I wonder how his gameplay is gonna turn out.

DMC3 is possibly one of best game ever made and a classic example of well designed combat, enemies, character design,and fun  B)

#30 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

I am happy that Devil May Cry is making a real come back after 10 years. The artistic direction and atmosphere are starting to grow on me.
I am more of a fan of Dante and I wonder how his gameplay is gonna turn out.

DMC3 is possibly one of best game ever made and a classic example of well designed combat, enemies, character design,and fun  B)

Qft.

This and KH 3 to me where the highlights of this E3.

Hopefully SE doesn't fuck up KH 3 like they did with FF XIII and FF XV, which where both garbage imo.

#31 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:00 PM

Qft.

This and KH 3 to me where the highlights of this E3.

Hopefully SE doesn't fuck up KH 3 like they did with FF XIII and FF XV, which where both garbage imo.

FF 13 story was really  :psyduck:

10 was linear too but at least I understood wtf was going on and Auron was  :clap:

#32 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

The demo version of 'Shining Resonance Refrain' is available for all consoles (it's free).

I just tried it out on the Switch and it's pretty much what I expected: it's basically like a 'Tales Of' game. The combat starts off simple, but gradually introduces new mechanics as you progress through the tutorial area, which ends with a boss battle. I just wish the demo was longer, 'cuz it ended right as I was getting into it.

In any case, I'll be picking it up on the 10th of next month. It'll tide me over while I'm waiting for 'XC2:Torna the Golden Country' and 'Tales of Vesperia: DE'. :)

#33 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

They changed it THAT MUCH?? :jawdrop:

the main points of the information provided:
  • It's set 500 years prior to the events of XC2 itself and lets you play through the events of that time.
  • Blades are now playable characters, with their own arts and weapons independent of their Driver's, and the player can switch between controlling the Driver and Blade at any time mid-combo.
  • Talent Arts are back from the original 'Xenoblade' and Blades have Talent Arts of their own as well.
  • You can now craft weapons for all Drivers and their Blades.
  • Shulk and Fiora can be used once Challenge Mode and a specific series of events are completed.
This is how the Champions Ballad DLC should've been. I'll always love 'BotW', but this shows Nintendo could've done a lot more with it. I think I'm gonna end up being spoiled because of 'Torna the Golden Country'.

Edited by FongShwei69, 15 June 2018 - 07:29 PM.

#34 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:17 AM

Here's hoping that "Special Edition" offer will extend to western audiences and fingers crossed that the new mainline entry announcement includes a Switch version. I know it's hoping for a lot, but there's an audience for the 'Tales Of' series here in the NA to.

#35 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:27 PM

Pre-ordering the special edition next week.

#36 YoWid

YoWid

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:56 PM

Noice mashup of the Chinese Trailer for PUBG Mobile with the outro song from Litomatoma's vids.

Spoiler

If you ain't got enough toxicity in life and feel like teaming up in a squad, my ID is Imyowid (case sensitive, capital "i" as initial letter), kthxcya

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

another story for another day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users