Godpachi

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationFangirlin' anywhere & everywhere

User's Awards

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:11 PM

I'm happy Endevor died  and I hope it sticks. Last chapter reminded me he was an abusive B___ with a genetic supperiority obssesion he is trash there is no redeming gim in my eyes

Lol. I like you. :aww:

Now that I think about it, I’m getting serious second hand embarrassment from Endeavor getting his butt handed to him in his first major fight as the Numbah Wan Hero. Yikes.
  • Brilchan and Fenrix like this

RIP Satan

sm6q95.png

Currently At War With Insane Soul

#22 rockk45

rockk45

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:51 AM

Thanks for the manga chapter, i was waiting for it.

#23 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,950 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:14 AM

I'm happy Endevor died  and I hope it sticks. Last chapter reminded me he was an abusive B___ with a genetic supperiority obssesion he is trash there is no redeming gim in my eyes

So you want the rest of the society to suffer just because he's a dick? There's no good in losing the strongest Hero.

Just because he's a horrible person doesn't mean he shouldn't do his important job.

Edited by Oben, 25 June 2018 - 07:15 AM.

• Raiden, Tale, Chillman and 1 other like this

#24 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

Not defending Endeavour, but there's a possibility that part of the motivation for his breeding program was the fear that his children would suffer the weaknesses of his quirk. Not sure how serious or dangerous they are to him, but it could be more than just seeing some of his genes in the number one position.

That aside, Endeavour losing like this in his number one fight is a good thing, because it shows what a big deal All Might was and also lets the author set up for things continuing to spiral downhill.

Edited by Tale, 25 June 2018 - 11:04 AM.

• Raiden and Madara D Dragon like this

#25 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:21 PM

I'm not convinced this fight is over over, I could see endeavor dropping one more huge move at the cost of putting him out of commission for a while given that he was just hyped up and said "watch me" I think it could go either way. 

Thats where we get into the gray area isn't it?

The man who has solved the most cases (w/e that means exactly it does mean he has saved a lot of lives) becomes evil for one severe bad action and a shitty personality? To be a hero do you have to be flawless?

• Chillman and Slimcoder like this

#26 Five-Tailed-Fenrir

Five-Tailed-Fenrir

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationFloating aimlessly.

Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:01 PM

I'm not convinced this fight is over over, I could see endeavor dropping one more huge move at the cost of putting him out of commission for a while given that he was just hyped up and said "watch me" I think it could go either way.

I share this sentiment. Not that he isnt showing or doesnt have an empressive arsenal, it just kind of feels like he has more.. maybe its because they are around people, he's being tame with it? He mentioned that when he overheats, his physical prowess weakens (give me the actual line, but I think thats to his tune) but perhaps in exchange, his flames burn stronger? (probably not the case but eh.. eh)

The greatest thing about forums-- you get to see everyone's opinion on a certain topic of discussion.

The worst thing about forums-- you get to see everyone's opinion on a certain topic of discussion.

See where I'm going with this?

#27 Brilchan

Brilchan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

So you want the rest of the society to suffer just because he's a dick? There's no good in losing the strongest Hero.

Just because he's a horrible person doesn't mean he shouldn't do his important job.

Society diserves better then him.

Not defending Endeavour, but there's a possibility that part of the motivation for his breeding program was the fear that his children would suffer the weaknesses of his quirk. Not sure how serious or dangerous they are to him, but it could be more than just seeing some of his genes in the number one position.

That aside, Endeavour losing like this in his number one fight is a good thing, because it shows what a big deal All Might was and also lets the author set up for things continuing to spiral downhill.

Sorry, but I don't see any way to defend his actions. It seems like an abusive parent saying that they beat you up so you can be thought  for the real world. He may convince himself that its a good thing but it is not!

The man who has solved the most cases (w/e that means exactly it does mean he has saved a lot of lives) becomes evil for one severe bad action and a shitty personality? To be a hero do you have to be flawless?

There is gray area and there is evil villainy I would put Endeavor in the same camp as Stain he has logical motivation but he is crazy and most dev is not #1 hero material.

Lol. I like you. :aww:

Now that I think about it, I’m getting serious second hand embarrassment from Endeavor getting his butt handed to him in his first major fight as the Numbah Wan Hero. Yikes.

I just hope that this is the case and its showing us how shit endeavor truly was.

• Godpachi likes this

#28 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 27 June 2018 - 10:53 AM

I share this sentiment. Not that he isnt showing or doesnt have an empressive arsenal, it just kind of feels like he has more.. maybe its because they are around people, he's being tame with it? He mentioned that when he overheats, his physical prowess weakens (give me the actual line, but I think thats to his tune) but perhaps in exchange, his flames burn stronger? (probably not the case but eh.. eh)

agreed. Thats why i said the fight endes too quick. He only showed 3 atacks. He has to have more. Otherwise the fight will end with Hawks finishing off the noumu. Which i woildnt hate but it would suck for Endeavor

i agree that this is a moral grey area. I mean some people might personally despise wat he did but there are alot more people in the world that he’s helped and saved. I know u cant really directly compare his good vs his bad cause thats unfair to the people he’s hurt but there are Many characters that come back from worst. So we gotta give Endeavor the same chance. Does anyone here hate Scar from FMA? Scar has done things way worst then endeavor. But he repented and more then made up for it. So why cant Endeavor do the same?
  • Slimcoder likes this

#29 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:28 AM

agreed. Thats why i said the fight endes too quick. He only showed 3 atacks. He has to have more. Otherwise the fight will end with Hawks finishing off the noumu. Which i woildnt hate but it would suck for Endeavor

The way he talked about the last attack(s) it shows he just went full on from the beggining, and used his (aparently) strongest attack in that last move. The thing is in this manga, for once, characters don't fight back and forth and start to level up their game gradually. Endeavour did the smartest thing. Use a strong move, doesnt work? Let's go for the top move and finish this fast. It makes complete sense to not use many small moves when civilian lives are in danger. It's just that we readers would love to see more different moves. But otherwise I think it's perfectly fair writing.
  • Raiden, Brilchan and Chillman like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#30 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

The way he talked about the last attack(s) it shows he just went full on from the beggining, and used his (aparently) strongest attack in that last move. The thing is in this manga, for once, characters don't fight back and forth and start to level up their game gradually. Endeavour did the smartest thing. Use a strong move, doesnt work? Let's go for the top move and finish this fast. It makes complete sense to not use many small moves when civilian lives are in danger. It's just that we readers would love to see more different moves. But otherwise I think it's perfectly fair writing.

regardless tho that still mean the fight itself was weak even if it makes sense. And for a battle manga that’s disappointing. It wouldn't have hurt the story at all the extend the fight to more badass proportions.

Thats not to say that other mangas arent guilty of this too, OP do stuff like this all the time and even HxH has done it on occasion. They both miss a perfect opportunity for an awesome fight for watever reason.

#31 Godpachi

Godpachi

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:47 AM

People can hate Endeavor and not care for his “good deeds”.

I don’t know why there are so many people trying to argue against this. Endeavor paying you guys or something? lol

RIP Satan

sm6q95.png

#32 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

People can hate Endeavor and not care for his “good deeds”.

I don’t know why there are so many people trying to argue against this. Endeavor paying you guys or something? lol

i hate wen people say things like this cause the whole of this forum is to debate and argue. We’re arguing against yall reasons for hating him. Of course you are entitled to your opinions about him. We’re jus tryin to discuss and hopefully sway your opinion cause again thats the point. You saying this negates the entire purpose of this forum.

My point was I jus don’t understand how yall can hate him and subsequently “cancel” him but not characters like Scar, Guts, Hisoka, hell there are even some people who defend Griffith’s horribleness.

Edited by PunkHazard, 28 June 2018 - 01:10 PM.

• Brilchan and Slimcoder like this

#33 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

i hate wen people say things like this cause the whole of this forum is to debate and argue. We’re arguing against yall reasons for hating him. Of course you are entitled to your opinions about him. We’re jus tryin to discuss and hopefully sway your opinion cause again thats the point. You saying this negates the entire purpose of this forum.

My point was I jus don’t understand how yall can hate him and subsequently “cancel” him but not characters like Scar, Guts, Hisoka, hell there are even some people who defend Griffith’s horribleness.

Simply put, Endeavor's actions hit too close to home for some people. Sure he has actually done shit less worse then the actual villains but people take his abuse of his family more personally leading people to project their personal issues onto him. 

Its why him & Bakugo get more hate than the actual villains since they have the personal problem of causing abuse while being on the side of justice & people can't comprehend why these guys aren't 6 feet under the ground. Some can handle it maturely & intelligently, the rest not so much.

I for one find them to be very compelling characters & can't wait to see where the story takes them in their quest for repentance & heroism.   

Edited by Slimcoder, 28 June 2018 - 04:28 PM.

• Raiden, Godpachi, Madara D Dragon and 1 other like this

#34 Godpachi

Godpachi

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 June 2018 - 05:05 PM

I’m not arguing about his character. I’m arguing about people having a difficult time allowing people to hate him for whatever reason and for not desiring any time of redemption for him.

People like and dislike things for various reasons. Characters who do “objectively” worse things and get a pass does not matter. At all. I adore All For One and hate Endeavor, it is what it is. Yeah, I take his abuse personally and I’m free to project onto him and hope he dies in a ditch somewhere. That doesn’t mean I’m wrong for it nor does it mean you’re wrong for saying he doesn’t deserve that.

It’s annoying that y’all are acting as if we’re wrong about our opinion on the matter and acting as if we’re too close minded to appreciate the brilliance of whatever character arc Endeavor is possibly about to go through.

P.S Swaying my opinion on anything is impossible, by the way. lol :aww:

RIP Satan

sm6q95.png

#35 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:44 PM

Simply put, Endeavor's actions hit too close to home for some people. Sure he has actually done shit less worse then the actual villains but people take his abuse of his family more personally leading people to project their personal issues onto him.

Its why him & Bakugo get more hate than the actual villains since they have the personal problem of causing abuse while being on the side of justice & people can't comprehend why these guys aren't 6 feet under the ground. Some can handle it maturely & intelligently, the rest not so much.

I for one find them to be very compelling characters & can't wait to see where the story takes them in their quest for repentance & heroism.

i get that. It definitely makes sense wen u put it like that. And i hope i dont offend anyone or come across as insensitive to anyone who’s been involved in any kind of domestic abuse wen i argue for Endeavor

I’m not arguing about his character. I’m arguing about people having a difficult time allowing people to hate him for whatever reason and for not desiring any time of redemption for him.

People like and dislike things for various reasons. Characters who do “objectively” worse things and get a pass does not matter. At all. I adore All For One and hate Endeavor, it is what it is. Yeah, I take his abuse personally and I’m free to project onto him and hope he dies in a ditch somewhere. That doesn’t mean I’m wrong for it nor does it mean you’re wrong for saying he doesn’t deserve that.

It’s annoying that y’all are acting as if we’re wrong about our opinion on the matter and acting as if we’re too close minded to appreciate the brilliance of whatever character arc Endeavor is possibly about to go through.

P.S Swaying my opinion on anything is impossible, by the way. lol :aww:

i dont think anyone was trying to say your wrong for how u feel about him tho. Me personally was jus tryna make sense of it. And u explained it now. I get that yall are projecting on him. And i get u can have your opinion on him no matter wat he goes through. But i think its still fair to ask yall to judge his character objectively. If he does objectively redeem himself and come to a place where he accepts he’s made mistakes and try to right his wrongs with the people he’s hurt, yall have to at least acknowledge that right? That his character might be redeemable objectively speaking. Only If that was to happen that is.

I do have a question, why do people who do objectively wrong things get a pass? I dont get that part. A fucked up character is a fucked up character, so why not jus hate them all equally?
  • Godpachi and Brilchan like this

#36 Godpachi

Godpachi

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:01 PM

Endeavor can have his redemption arc. He can be objectively redeemed in the eyes of Shouto and his family. Sure. Don’t mean I gotta like it. Don’t mean I gotta care for it. That’s all I’m saying.

What’s not to get? You can hate or love a character, regardless if they’re good or evil. You can have various reasons that dictate how you perceive a character like personality, appearance, values, and so on. I can love the villainy of All For One or Dio, because of how Horikoshi or Araki portray them, despite their despicableness. Reasons to like or dislike a character can be fickle, because it’s just a feeling or just an opinion. You don’t need in depth analyses about why you prefer this over that. Ain’t nobody got time for that. :aww:
  • Brilchan, PunkHazard and Jekkusormi like this

RIP Satan

sm6q95.png

#37 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,897 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:10 PM

What I find interesting is that not even Endeavor's family want him dead, but some readers want him dead. I can understand not wanting to forgive him if his actions hit too close to home, but I don't see what wanting him dead does. All it does is make the pain his family is going through much worse. I mean if you like Todoroki's character then the best thing for him would be for Endeavor to better himself, so you should want to see that instead of wanting him to suffer more even if you dislike Endeavor. The best thing for them is that Endeavor actually tries to become a better person, father, husband, and hero.

I mean I think we all knew that Endeavor was going to go through something like this after all the set up for it. I don't think he is actually dead here. I feel like he is going to pull through because I don't see the plot for him ending here, but that doesn't mean it won't end for him in the future.

• Godpachi and Slimcoder like this

#38 Godpachi

Godpachi

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:18 PM

What I find interesting is that not even Endeavor's family want him dead, but some readers want him dead. I can understand not wanting to forgive him if his actions hit too close to home, but I don't see what wanting him dead does. All it does is make the pain his family is going through much worse. I mean if you like Todoroki's character then the best thing for him would be for Endeavor to better himself, so you should want to see that instead of wanting him to suffer more even if you dislike Endeavor. The best thing for them is that Endeavor actually tries to become a better person, father, husband, and hero.

I mean I think we all knew that Endeavor was going to go through something like this after all the set up for it. I don't think he is actually dead here. I feel like he is going to pull through because I don't see the plot for him ending here, but that doesn't mean it won't end for him in the future.

Yeah, I made terms with that when Shouto visited his mother. Personally, I want him away from either of them, but he doesn't want that obviously, so for his sake, I hope Endeavor manages to pull through. 

If it wasn't for Shouto, Endeavor can choke. :aww: 

• Shin likes this

RIP Satan

sm6q95.png

#39 Brilchan

Brilchan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:38 AM

Scar in FMA had a-hole victims, a good motivation, his actions was presented as villainous while Endeavor is presented as a hero. I don't have any history of abuse but what Endevor did was systematic wiyh makes  it worse in my eyes. As for the white hawk of Berserk defending Griffit is just a joke meme in my eyes.    

I agree with you PunkHazard that debating stuff is fun if you look at Endeavors actions from a purely mathematical and utilitarian perspective  all the bad stuff and suffering that his familly suffered can be forgiven if the "creation" of  Shouto will save many but its a very clinical way to look at life.

#40 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:09 AM

Scar in FMA had a-hole victims, a good motivation, his actions was presented as villainous while Endeavor is presented as a hero. I don't have any history of abuse but what Endevor did was systematic wiyh makes it worse in my eyes. As for the white hawk of Berserk defending Griffit is just a joke meme in my eyes.

I agree with you PunkHazard that debating stuff is fun if you look at Endeavors actions from a purely mathematical and utilitarian perspective all the bad stuff and suffering that his familly suffered can be forgiven if the "creation" of Shouto will save many but its a very clinical way to look at life.

Scar killed wendys parents. They weren’t assholes at all. They were good in every sense of the word but we all jus seemed to forgive him the same time Wendy herself did. So i think something similar will happen with Endeavor. If shouto forgives him then so will the majority of people. No sense in being mad for someone else who isnt even mad anymore. I dont think wat Endeavor did was worst at all from wat Scar did. Endeavor beat his wife and kids and scar killed innocent people who were only trying to help him and his people. They both were protrayed as a good guy in the story (scar more so at the end of the show but still) and They both are bad. Honestly killing people is a little worst then beatin someone objectively speaking. The author can really tell a compelling story if u think otherwise.

And not jus the creation of shouto being his only good deed. Remember Endeavor has the most solved cases then anyone in history, even more so then All might himself. So all the people Endeavor saved, all the villains he caught, all the future victims he put a stop to isnt matched by anyone in the My hero world. His good greatly outweighs the bad from a purely mathematical prospective. Im aware that it isnt fair to compare good vs evil since its not such a black and white thing. Tho my point still stands

Edited by PunkHazard, 29 June 2018 - 01:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users