https://jaiminisbox....en/0/189/page/1

#2 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:26 AM

Its strange how Endeavour went from being one of the most disliked characters to a character with so much depth that everyone is rooting for now. I'm loving it though this has to be one of the best battles in bnha as well as some really decent character development i hope things keep going with this series and it doesn't end up dropping off like most other shounen.

• Raiden and number21 like this

#3 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:38 AM

Well, we all have issues, don't we?

----

Besides his waifu has them too, she should have given up after first or second child, but she would still go for third and then leave only after she was actually taken away after brakdown  B)

#4 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:33 AM

Somehow I'm more interested about Noumu than Endeavor or Hawks. I have nothing against them but they don't inspire or anything either

Edited by Jekkusormi, 29 June 2018 - 07:34 AM.

17.jpg

#5 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:27 AM

Hawks awesome as always this chapter ^^ But Endeavor was pretty awesome this chap as well. I really like this Fight, can't wait to see it animated ^^

• number21 likes this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#6 Five-Tailed-Fenrir

Five-Tailed-Fenrir

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationFloating aimlessly.

Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:27 AM

This chapter is pretty neat. A part of me wants to wonder about the fate of Endeavor (with this current situation), however, I'm enjoying his development through it all. (wanted to be #1, tried to reconcile with his kid, actually ended up becoming #1, his first #1 showing being against something that has him on the ropes)  Also, it's kind of neat to see that while others could acknowledge the gap between themselves and All Might, Endeavor still tried/tries to ascend past him. I've always kind of been 'meh' about Endeavor, so it's good that we're getting him in another perspective.

Hawks' abilities are kind of cool. Admittedly, upon his initial introduction, I just figured he'd be a typical cool looking character, sombre, and just flies around... instead, he's turning out to be cool looking, outspoken, and can both fly around and increase the mobility of others. Not to shabby.

• Fenrix likes this

The greatest thing about forums-- you get to see everyone's opinion on a certain topic of discussion.

The worst thing about forums-- you get to see everyone's opinion on a certain topic of discussion.

See where I'm going with this?

#7 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

I love what Horikoshi is doing with Endeavour. He is slowly becoming such a complete character, and I love that about it. How it went from just the cliche abusive bad dad to having such a depth in different aspects of life.

You might hate him and find his past choices unredeemable (which is completely fair and I am myself not sure about how I feel about it), but taking his current action objectively and anazlyzing it on its own, it's pretty cool and heartbreaking to see him move with his last bit of energy to save the civilians. It shows how regardless of how someone is and their more or less forgivable actions, they can bring hope and faith to the ones around them with a specific action. Redeeming is each person's choice. But society (in the manga's world) should focus on how he's giving his all for their safety, as the kid points out.

It's also an interesting scene because it's a classic for media to focus on the drama when something like that happens, so that scene alone gives more depth to the symbol of peace concept, how it has to overcome that factor too and make sure people focus on hope. I love how this manga gets those aspects slightly more developed slowly. I really like where this manga is going, with its character's depth, being able to make everyone disagree on their views about them, but all agreeing they are more human and elavorate like that. Keep it going, Horikoshi.

Also, 2 tiny bits:

1-I loved the methaphor of the heroes trying to reach All Might and Endeavour puting that board with a stone. It even made me chuckle a bit.

2-The last move looks SO awesome with Hawk's help. I wonder if this will be the finishing blow. Although how it's cut right before the hit, it makes me feel like it wont be the last hit and the Noumu will survive it somehow, but more heroes will appear and finish it off (probably somehow stating how the time endeavour earned was crucial for them to arrive)
  • Raiden, Fenrix and Chillman like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#8 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:39 AM

The characters in the manga are confused on why he doesn’t retreat and regroup. They don’t realize that he cant. He’s the number 1 hero now. He’s not allowed to lose. If the top hero cant beat n opponent then the people will really lose hope that anyone can. It would effect public moral. Its a heavy burden he has to carry now that he’s the top hero. Honestly he really cant even let Hawks get in the last blow. Endeavor has to be the one to finish him off

#9 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:49 AM

The fact that we got a cliffhanger ending before he actually hit him as me worried

#10 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:04 AM

Y’all are continuously pessimistic about this manga. Hawks is evil, Endeavour will die…while there are some dark elements and realism, the story is supposed to be optimistic.

#11 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:38 AM

Cool chapter. Shout-out to the kid for calling out the media for trying to spread despair by trying to portray Endeavor as down for the count. 

• Raiden, Madara D Dragon and Chillman like this

#12 Godpachi

Godpachi

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts
  • LocationFangirlin' anywhere & everywhere

User's Awards

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:28 PM

Was the kid defending Endeavor that same fanboy who didn’t like it when his idol was nice to him? Can’t remember and too lazy to go back. :psyduck:

Was Hawks using one of his feathers as a sword? Oh my. He just keeps getting cooler and cooler! His combo with Endeavor? Brilliant. :aww:
  • Raiden, Ajh77, Brilchan and 2 others like this

RIP Satan

sm6q95.png

Currently At War With Insane Soul

#13 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:43 PM

Was the kid defending Endeavor that same fanboy who didn’t like it when his idol was nice to him? Can’t remember and too lazy to go back. :psyduck:

Was Hawks using one of his feathers as a sword? Oh my. He just keeps getting cooler and cooler! His combo with Endeavor? Brilliant. :aww:

The sword broke though and didn't do much to be fair but it is a cool idea for sure. 

• Godpachi likes this

#14 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:06 PM

Was the kid defending Endeavor that same fanboy who didn’t like it when his idol was nice to him? Can’t remember and too lazy to go back.

Yes, I think it was the same kid. Truly Endeavor's #1 fan. 

• Raiden and Godpachi like this

#15 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:21 PM

The sword broke though and didn't do much to be fair but it is a cool idea for sure.

wait where does it show breaking?

#16 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:12 PM

Yes I'm pretty sure it is the same kid. And actually Hawks already used a Feather as Sword last chapter ^^ But yeah that is pretty cool.

@Lucky Wolf I didn't see the sword break (also I'm pretty sure it is near impossible to destroy his feathers), he only said it didn't have much of an "impact" on the noumu

• Godpachi likes this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#17 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:58 PM

Good chapter, I wasn't expecting Hawks to use his quirk to help power up Endeavour. I honestly think that Hawks couldn't do that.

Though it baffles me why Hawks isn't teaming up with Endeavour so that they can take down that Nomu together. Surely Hawks must have rescued all those citizens from that building by now.

Anyways good seeing Endeavour putting a decent fight back against this Nomu. Even though I personally still despise Endeavour for being an abusive asshole.
  • Brilchan likes this

#18 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:49 AM

I would have prefered if Hawks had just wings and still rose up to being 3rd (now 2nd) hero. The feather idea was ok I guess

17.jpg

#19 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 30 June 2018 - 08:05 AM

Hawks is an Endeavour fanboy deep inside. 

I like the imagery of Hawks providing the literal and figurative push for him.

It would be nice if they became an official team.

Edited by Ajh77, 30 June 2018 - 08:06 AM.

• Raiden and Godpachi like this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#20 Brilchan

Brilchan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:32 PM

As much as I hate his falming guts I got to admit pages 13/14 were freaking METAL XD and made me smile at the absurdity of it :) 

• Godpachi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users