[Character] Roronoa Zoro (Part 31)

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 30 June 2018 - 07:17 PM

Zoro's slashes are probably island level if he goes all out.

I don't think he can shoot a air slash for miles like Mihawk can just yet.

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#22 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 02:54 AM

Ok so this has to be said......

The samuri dont seem that strong...the first one we saw zoro soloed with a small knife. Not a good first impression.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#23 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 06:57 AM

He cut 'civilian' not a samurai. We can expect samurais to come and take him to their boss, then boss samurai to take Zo to Sho.After that Lu-Zo will be distant past, Sho-Zo is created.

#24 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:15 AM

Ok so this has to be said......

The samuri dont seem that strong...the first one we saw zoro soloed with a small knife. Not a good first impression.

That guy was a civilian/fodder.

Zoro is most likely one of the 3 strongest people on that island right now, it's not weird that he one shots randoms with a knife

• Raiden and Tale like this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#25 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:48 AM

If we judge people relative to Zoro's strength, 99.9% of the one piece planet is fodder.

• Raiden and KUROkami like this

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#26 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:02 AM

That guy was a civilian/fodder.

Zoro is most likely one of the 3 strongest people on that island right now, it's not weird that he one shots randoms with a knife

Ok but the civilians seemed really impressed. Have they never seen any of their own warriors do anything?

banner.png

#27 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:12 AM

Ok but the civilians seemed really impressed. Have they never seen any of their own warriors do anything?

The reaction was "he did that with that tiny sword!?"
Zoros swords are usually heavy and big but he managed to pull out a flying slash with a butter knife while sitting on his knees.

And these guys are not just civilians more like the lowest henchmen of the shogun.

Edited by Enbima, 02 July 2018 - 05:55 AM.

• Raiden likes this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#28 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:36 PM

With a Seppuku blade? Most likely not.

And again, 99% of their warriors are nothing to Zoro. 

Probably they have never seen the top warriors do anything at all

• Raiden likes this

#29 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,718 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

Was anyone REALLY impressed ?

Zoro's slashes are probably island level if he goes all out.

I don't think he can shoot a air slash for miles like Mihawk can just yet.

He already used his strongest technique (which he only that "brand" of technique pre-timeskip against Mihawk, Kaku and Kuma) to cut Pica and was positively tired from the exchange since we saw him recuperating briefly on the mountain he hanged on.

He is most likely Mountain-level.

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#30 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:46 PM

Yeah true. Luffy is trash he can't beat donquixote did you see how useless G3 was against dd?

4789title.jpg

Spoiler

#31 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:27 PM

Was anyone REALLY impressed ?

I was impressed.

• KUROkami likes this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#32 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:15 AM

The reaction was "he did that with that tiny sword!?"
Zoros swords are usually heavy and big but he managed to pull out a flying slash with a butter knife while sitting on his knees.

And these guys are not just civilians more like the lowest henchmen of the shogun.

Didn't look like a flying slash, looked more like Oda's classic "lol sword can cut things many times its size" cuts, the difference being flying slashes are skilled tech that took zoro roughly until TB until he could use them casually (instead of JUST having the pound cannons) wheres my example is something axe hand morgan was able to do.

With a Seppuku blade? Most likely not.

And again, 99% of their warriors are nothing to Zoro. 

Probably they have never seen the top warriors do anything at all

I agree that it is unlikely most samuri aren't pulling a mihawk and carrying around butter knifes to cut up people. 

but should the first lesson a good warrior learn be something along the lines of "the weapon doesn't make the man, the man makes the weapon"?

even zoro's non legendary NW samuri teacher told him "some swords that can cut nothing can cut everything" which kinda hits a little on the lesson of "the person does the cutting not the blade"

if they are impressed by that they would love vergo's bamboo tricks....

banner.png

#33 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:04 PM

They report to kaido so we know theyve seen yonkou level...

Zoro is just too much of a madmen

4789title.jpg

Spoiler

#34 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:08 PM

He already used his strongest technique (which he only that "brand" of technique pre-timeskip against Mihawk, Kaku and Kuma) to cut Pica and was positively tired from the exchange since we saw him recuperating briefly on the mountain he hanged on.

He used his strongest technique? I don't seem to recall there being 6 arms in any attack against Pica...

Also, what are you talking about? You changed from his 1080 cannon to his finishing move? Those were different attacks. He was tired after fighting Pica because he spent 99% of the time running around like an idiot. Not because of one attack.

but should the first lesson a good warrior learn be something along the lines of "the weapon doesn't make the man, the man makes the weapon"?

even zoro's non legendary NW samuri teacher told him "some swords that can cut nothing can cut everything" which kinda hits a little on the lesson of "the person does the cutting not the blade"

if they are impressed by that they would love vergo's bamboo tricks....

Bold is the key. Those are not good warriors.

And we don't know if his teacher is non legendary. (Do we even know he went to NW or GL at all?)

Also, the person does the cutting, but the blade helps. Zoro comments how his slashes are stronger when he first used Shisui

• Raiden likes this

#35 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 07:13 PM

He used his strongest technique? I don't seem to recall there being 6 arms in any attack against Pica...
Also, what are you talking about? You changed from his 1080 cannon to his finishing move? Those were different attacks. He was tired after fighting Pica because he spent 99% of the time running around like an idiot. Not because of one attack.

Bold is the key. Those are not good warriors.
And we don't know if his teacher is non legendary. (Do we even know he went to NW or GL at all?)

Also, the person does the cutting, but the blade helps. Zoro comments how his slashes are stronger when he first used Shisui

They are samuri though, they are supposed to be so tough they are the reason akainu didnt send kizaru out. Yet they are shocked by, frankly really unimpressive skill.
That is the second thing, zoro cut a guy and a wooden house. That is the least impressive "feat" in the history of OP.

So what is the melee equizlent of a small blade? A flick? Well stussy just killed a guy with a flick. Hahahahaha remember that weird time travel OP movie, where the old marine sinks a ship by ficking a quarter, call me when zoro does that.

Wow the more i think about this the less i am impressed.

Can we all agree arlong could preform this same exact feat? With his nose.... i am 90% sure arlong could cut a person and blow apart a small house with just his nose. Anything arlong can do should never be considered a feat.

Wait one god damn second..... if Mr. 1 were to come to this island he would be revered as a god. Mr bones was able to cut through zoro's body and collapse a stone pillar (as opposed to a wooden house) with his fingers, which are roughly the size of that blade.......

Oda how are you going to hype the samuri like you did then have them amazed at the very first display of a tiny bit of power. This is like if i constantly told my friends how bad ass an mma fighter i am, only to freak out with amazment when one of them shows me an arm bar.
Me "guys i am the best mma fighter ever i would beat McGregor in 1 round"
*arm bar takedown
Me "oh my god how did you do that, what is that?!?!"
(Those of you that dont know, an arm bar is a very basic move)

banner.png

#36 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 06:39 AM

That was a power of destruction slash. So nah, mr.1 cant do that

4789title.jpg

Spoiler

#37 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:12 PM

They are samuri though, they are supposed to be so tough they are the reason akainu didnt send kizaru out.

Not everyone in Wano is a samurai

Well stussy just killed a guy with a flick.

Stussy is an extremely well trained assassin

Can we all agree arlong could preform this same exact feat? With his nose.... i am 90% sure arlong could cut a person and blow apart a small house with just his nose. Anything arlong can do should never be considered a feat.

Don't remember Arlong ever doing ranged attacks with his body

if Mr. 1 were to come to this island he would be revered as a god. Mr bones was able to cut through zoro's body and collapse a stone pillar (as opposed to a wooden house) with his fingers, which are roughly the size of that blade.......

With a named attack that was one of if not the strongest attacks he had? And IIRC it wasn't an air slash.

Edited by Strobacaxi, 06 July 2018 - 03:14 PM.

• Raiden likes this

#38 Luffy_PK

Luffy_PK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:16 PM

Some of you seem to be very quick to jump to conclusions... the arc just started. Just because it's Wano doesn't mean everyone has to be a beast nor a samurai. And Zoro would clearly be one of the top fighters at even Wano, if he's around Luffys level and Kaidou's crew is similar to Big Moms, then there's probably only 2-3 people on the entire island stronger than Zoro.
  • Raiden and KUROkami like this

#39 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:49 PM

Kaidou, Shogun/Shogun's strongest warrior and the strongest Calamity are the 3 I think are stronger than Zolo. Oda can always make more strong NPC though.

• Raiden likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#40 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:14 AM

Yeah true. Luffy is trash he can't beat donquixote did you see how useless G3 was against dd?

And Zolo still one step BELOW Luffy. Sad dat huh. 

• Fulmine and Tale like this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users