Photo

2018 OMCB: Semifinal - Group 1 - Nara Shikamaru vs Hisoka

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: 2018 OMCB: Semifinal - Group 1 - Nara Shikamaru vs Hisoka (29 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for the character you want to advance. Winner moves on.

1. Nara Shikamaru (15 votes [51.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.72%

2. Hisoka Morrow (14 votes [48.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.28%

Vote

#1 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 01 July 2018 - 07:40 PM

2018 OneManga Character Battle

Semifinal, Group 1

Polls will close on 7/8

***Poll 1***

CsdCuaH.png

• Echo likes this

#2 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:02 PM

Easy, pick Hisoka
  • PunkHazard and YoWid like this

17.jpg

#3 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,543 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:35 PM

Too hard. But Shikamaru in the end after flipping coin.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#4 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:23 AM

Hisoka would win in a fight. Think about that before you all decide

#5 Satoshi

Satoshi

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationBerk

User's Awards

Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:58 PM

Shikamaru!! <3  :aww:

HTTYD2Satoshi_zpse95b34d5.jpg

"What d'ya think, Bud? You wanna give this a shot?"

"Toothless...it'll be fine."

Wanna know more about me? Come check out my Question Time thread! 

Spoiler Fun SoT Conversations...and Probably More Eventually

Current sig image made by: ME

#6 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,108 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:01 PM

Hisoka would win in a fight. Think about that before you all decide

It's a popularity contest. So who beats who, is irrelevant. ;) lol 

Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#7 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:11 PM

It's a popularity contest. So who beats who, is irrelevant. ;) lol

the strong are the ones that should stand at the top. Even in a popularity contest. The weak are meat and the strong eat. Survival of the fittest. Only the strong survives.

Plus theres an argument to be made that says strength is almost directly Correlated with coolness

#8 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 11:19 AM

the strong are the ones that should stand at the top. Even in a popularity contest. The weak are meat and the strong eat. Survival of the fittest. Only the strong survives.

Plus theres an argument to be made that says strength is almost directly Correlated with coolness

I disagree with that i mean Shikamaru is one of the best examples of that he's nowhere near the strongest character in Naruto yet he's one of the most if not the most popular character. I still voted for Hisoka though but it was actually a hard choice for me.

#9 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 01:19 AM

I disagree with that i mean Shikamaru is one of the best examples of that he's nowhere near the strongest character in Naruto yet he's one of the most if not the most popular character. I still voted for Hisoka though but it was actually a hard choice for me.

thanx for voting for Hisoka but whhhhhhy is shikamaru so popular?? I jus dont see it! Him beatin hidan was kool sure, but hisoka has had waaaaay more cooler moments. Hisoka is stronger, arguably smarter, has a funner personality, is more chaotic so because of that has more options available to him as far as plot goes, objectively that makes him more interesting and he’s a villian which should make him more interesting then a side character anyway. So wat is it about shikamaru? Please someone tell me. Please explain to me the greatness of shikamaru

I jus want to be clear about this. Im not sayin naruto as a manga doesnt have cool characters. There are soooooo many characters that i could accept hisoka losing to in naruto. Any of The hokages, Any of the akatsuki, Madara, Tobi, Gaara, Killer bee, The 4th raikage, sasuake and naruto himself. Any of these I could accept. But freakin Shikamaru?!? I really dont get yall at all

#10 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:57 AM

Popular characters don't just come with how strong they are everyone loves the lazy tactician i think its just mainly the idea of pretty much everyone he fights being stronger than him yet he still in most cases beats them by outsmarting them. You basically only named strong characters from Naruto which isn't what people always vote for. 

#11 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

Popular characters don't just come with how strong they are everyone loves the lazy tactician i think its just mainly the idea of pretty much everyone he fights being stronger than him yet he still in most cases beats them by outsmarting them. You basically only named strong characters from Naruto which isn't what people always vote for.

i would agree wit that if shikamaru had used his intellect to beat someone important or actually strong. He beat Hiden, arguably the weakest member of the akatsuki by far. And he beat him in a way that wasnt even all that clever. He blew him up. That method would literally work on anyone else. Nuking someone with a lot of explosions cause u cant figure out another way to beat him is not the same thing as outsmarting them. Yea the way he beat temari and that flute girl were decent strategies i guess but that would only matter if they were even slightly important characters.

If shikamaru had a moment where he crossed paths with madara and managed to outsmart him, even if he didnt beat him but manged to escape or stall madara in a major way then i would give it to him. But no shikamaru beat 2 side characters and 1 beyond weak villian.

Imma take every chance i get to shit on shikamaru till this poll is over. Cause he does not deserve to win this over Hisoka. It annoys me too much

#12 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:40 PM

***Semifinal Group 1 Results***

Nara Shikamaru (15 Votes) WINNER
Hisoka Morrow (14 Votes)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users