One Piece Chapter 910 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:23 AM

It felt the ogher way around for me. The confirmation in news that Reverie just began at the same time SH's arrive to Wano verifies the theory that both things are going on at the same time, so Oda went to Wano because what happens in Wano will surely have an effect on Reverie and we'll see that. So we'll either jump to reverie once in a while (like between days or seeing them react to news about big events in Wano) or at the end of Wano and seeing how the events affected it.

you think hes going to be going back to wano peroiodacally or just go back to make them hype man?

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#22 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:46 AM

Okay so our main characters with what happened with Revere. As excited as I am for the Wano arc, I am disappointed Revere ended so soon. I think the world has expanded enough we don't need the Straw Hats for everything.

I am sure what ever the news had to say about Kaito and Big Mom is no big deal

• AndrewR5D4 likes this

#23 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 06 July 2018 - 08:24 AM

I am sure what ever the news had to say about Kaidou and Big Mom is no big deal

The Strawhats missing the news that BM and Kaidou are teaming up against them.. Yeah, no big deal. Who knows, it may have had knews about Jinbe and the Vinsmokes..

#24 smokingfrog

smokingfrog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:40 AM

The Strawhats missing the news that BM and Kaidou are teaming up against them.. Yeah, no big deal. Who knows, it may have had knews about Jinbe and the Vinsmokes..

That's a good point. I really hope BM wrecked vinsmokes and fishmen. Because straw hats already have done enough damage for these groups to also leave unharmed.

I am also curious as to how BM is treating her sons and daughters after the defeat. Did she take some portion of their lives?

And I really hope oda starts giving us info rather than keep on adding more and more characters and plot points in wano.

#25 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:25 PM

Basically Oda right now ...

https://78.media.tumblr.com/4cce7bd2eb09...cred to Marcelle. 

Hes only doing what the Japanese fans want, and  the fans dont want Reverie, they want Luffy and stuff like this( Chopper being a mascot, Nami in a cute dress, Sanji being a pervert)  :<_<:

The only upside of this chapter is the beautiful art, which in my opinion is  really is a new standard for Oda. Wano looks very nice   and we feel like we are in a really special place.  You can really see Oda put so much care and attention to these panels. 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...

https://en.wikipedia...ve_off_Kanagawa

credit to a mangastreamp poster :  
"the famous painting of the "Great Wave off Kanagawa". Oda, never misses a beat! There are going to be a TON of Japanese cultural references in this arc! "

#26 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:47 PM

Sanji's line about Kuhera made me lol  :laugh:

It seemed too early for Luffy's arrival.

Good chapter but I am bummed that Smoker and Tashigi seemingly won't come... 

• AndrewR5D4 likes this

#27 Bloodknight

Bloodknight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 06 July 2018 - 12:51 PM

Now, that the Straw hat's are back. Let forget about reverie.
Luffy using the fish to go a the a the top of the "river", reckless but it has done the trick. Now Luffy is facing a yonko commander holding a sword...or just a kaido's crew member
But where did the others go.
The drawing were nice

#28 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:17 PM

They're not teaming up. It's more likely they will fight each other over the right to kill luffy than it is they'll team up to beat a semi-rookie

Now Luffy is facing a yonko commander holding a sword...or just a kaido's crew member

Or a random animal

• Raiden likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#29 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 03:58 PM

Calling it now, Octopus-San for NN

• Chillman likes this

#30 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:27 PM

am i the only one that thinks that this chap was totally unnecessary and out of the way/calling it crap now! I mean why r the SHs from WCI at wano so fast and why did it take the others so long to cause a riot, i mean the others have been at WCI for several days and Oda expects me to believe that Zoro and Franky did nothing so far except 1 thing in a country from which Zoro himself carrys the national treasure?

totally akward.

Franky also aint the type not to interfere if injustice is happening around him why the hell is e having a "casual" time there? I mean if all he did was carpeting, thats pretty dissatisfiing, same with Usoop, if all he did is selling stuff then why did Oda have to split them up? Really, after i was this hyped after last chap, this chap was just bad 1/10 max! more like 0/10.

And why the .... do the other SHs get several days solo, while the interesting Wano group gets nothing, except a few pages/half a chap.....we got 2 freaking years of WCI SHs if this is all we get from the Wano group Oda can go .... himself! 

thinkign about it -10/10

Honestly this is so freaking bad......

2 years of WCI and all we get from Wano group are a few pages....... what a letdown!

Edited by capu, 06 July 2018 - 05:36 PM.

#31 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,883 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:55 PM

@capu Did you miss the part last chapter that explained why they tried to stay undercover? Also, the Wano group was the one on Dressrosa, so appearances are still rougly equal. And you know full well that Wano will take a while and this is early build-up, of course there'll be full mayhem later on.

#32 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:45 AM

I grade the chapter 4/10 because there was nothing special about this chapter as it is build up for luffy vs kaido

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#33 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:10 AM

"We will cook one of these guys for our reunion with Zoro and the others

ZORO AND THE OTHERS 

giphy.gif

That's right Luffy already thinking about his reunion with the love of his life. The ship sails itself. If you're still not on board by now what even are you doing with your life? 

Luffy's (and the crew's) affection for Vivi after all this time is honestly so endearing. 

No comment on Sanji's portrayal. Oda do better. seriously. 

Also I hope Luffy fucks shit up in Wano so yall can stay mad. Get the strap.

tenor.gif?itemid=5638832

• Ajh77 and Chillman like this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#34 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,543 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 07:18 AM

We also have curly brow pirates. The strongest gets to be named.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#35 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:18 AM

You can see the mustache, and Nami literally says it's about Kaidou.

Talking over the phone is difficult if nobody picks it up.

So your problem isn't the theme, but that it's... an island with a regular shore and some land inbetween? As in, almost every island? What?

That's not Wano, that's the final arc, which we aren't even close to.

Like i said, doesnt look like kiadou.

It is more difficult yet when you arent holding the receiver in your hand.....

My problem is nothing about this island seems special in anyway. (Same as dr) instead of having some cool op theme its theme is japan...

Have you missed all the hype for this arc? Even editors said how awesome this arc's war is going to be. There are quotes of oda saying this "war" will make MF look tame. I guess you didnt see all the hype leading up to this arc, thats fine, dont look it up though you will be as dissapointed as i am.
Hahahaha you know what it reminds me of, wheb you play super smash bros and your one friend gets so angry he says "you arent even good, 1v1 me on final destination with items off"
-that is because final destination is a simple, boring, map with zero hazards. THAT is wano! Law was like "ok luffy lets have kiadou kill dd" and luffy was like "screw that, kiadou isnt even good, i will one v one kiadou in the most boring map in the game."

Idk prove me wrong oda, maybe wano is actually a hidden village on top of a 10 mile tall mountain.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#36 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

They're not teaming up. It's more likely they will fight each other over the right to kill luffy than it is they'll team up to beat a semi-rookie

That's not what the snail-conversation implied at all.. BM has something over Kaidou which forces him to submit to her whim (probably infinite years left, which is why he can't die), which is cooperating like the good ol' days. The Hina/Garp-conversation also talked about "them teaming up, yeah that would be bad". So everything looks like a team-up - unless Kaidou double crosses BM to get his way.

And since he apparently owes her a "lifetime debt", I'm not so sure he's willing to go to that length.

Unless that's exactly the key to break Kaidou's "not capable of dieing"-problem.

1. Kaidou double crosses BM
2. BM steals back whatever lifetime she gave him.
3. Kaidou stomps BM out of spite.
4. Luffy and co. defeat an already worn and substantially weakened/nerfed Kaidou.

This would honestly be a dissatisfying outcome.

#37 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:34 AM

(probably infinite years left, which is why he can't die)

My original theory is that they have soul link, and that unless BM dies, Kaido wont either.

Like in Dragonheart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users