Photo

2018 OMCB: Championship - Nara Shikamaru vs Killua Zoldyck

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: 2018 OMCB: Championship - Nara Shikamaru vs Killua Zoldyck (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote for who you want to be the 2018 OMCB Champion.

1. Nara Shikamaru (Naruto) (15 votes [48.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.39%

2. Killua Zoldyck (Hunter x Hunter) (16 votes [51.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.61%

Vote

#1 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

2018 OneManga Character Battle

Championship Round

Polls will close on 7/15

Nara Shikamaru

OxRTvXV.jpg?2

VS

73hPMtS.jpg?2

Killua Zoldyck

#2 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 11:49 PM

Can't say I'm not disappointed that Hisoka barely didn't get here. I'm giving my vote for Shikamaru because I never was a fan for Killua but nonetheless good luck for both of them.
  • Raiden likes this

17.jpg

#3 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 09 July 2018 - 12:23 AM

Hisoka should have fuckin won.
  • Tokoya, Raiden, Kaidou and 1 other like this

#4 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,883 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:37 AM

I voted Shikamaru in most of the previous rounds (except against Hisoka), but HxH is still my favorite manga, and I like Killua, so... Killua it is ^^

• PunkHazard likes this

#5 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 09 July 2018 - 02:11 PM

Too bad Hisoka didn't make it. He's my favorite character in HxH and one of my favorites in any series. Killua gets the vote this time though
  • azer_moli and PunkHazard like this

#6 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:27 AM

Does anyone have any idea how these two managed in last polls? Or whowere the 2 finalists last time?

17.jpg

#7 Satoshi

Satoshi

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationBerk

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:19 PM

I'd be happy if either won (at least there's no One Piece characters in the finals this year; that is such a relief!)...but I would still slightly prefer Shikamaru. Such a close battle. This is actually really exciting. :)

HTTYD2Satoshi_zpse95b34d5.jpg

"What d'ya think, Bud? You wanna give this a shot?"

"Toothless...it'll be fine."

Wanna know more about me? Come check out my Question Time thread! 

Spoiler Fun SoT Conversations...and Probably More Eventually

Current sig image made by: ME

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,138 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:11 PM

9kkd.gif

"What's about to happen is just me blowing off some steam"

• Ajh77, number21 and PunkHazard like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:09 AM

Is it possible for both of them winning, or will we decide it again by fastest member?

17.jpg

#10 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:31 AM

I told yall we should decide by who is stronger. Strength is almost directly a correlation for coolness

#11 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,883 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:50 PM

I told yall we should decide by who is stronger. Strength is almost directly a correlation for coolness

You say that, but how do we explain Buggy being the coolest character in OP?

• azer_moli likes this

#12 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:55 PM

You say that, but how do we explain Buggy being the coolest character in OP?

the answer is in the question. If Buggy is the coolness then by the law of correlation he must also be the strongest. Buggy is the strongest, though thats not really news

#13 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:46 AM

Is it possible for both of them winning, or will we decide it again by fastest member?

I guess if he want to be consistent it would be first to post after I say the polls are closed, but maybe we could do something for the championship since there is no time limit in trying to make the next group of polls or anything.

#14 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:47 PM

Since I’d be fine with either character winning I wanted to post a little bit about what I like from both characters. Meant to post it earlier, but I finally got around to doing it now, haha. 

With Shikamaru I said this in an earlier thread but I think out of all the characters in Naruto you could make a very good argument that his character had the most satisfying arc in the series. Sure he didn’t get a ton of attention later in the series, but I don’t think he ever became a bad character.

From how his character started off as this apparent slacker that surprised everyone with his intelligence in the exams beating Temari, to becoming a full-fledged ninja and getting revenge for Asuma, and finally becoming a leader that people could rely on by the end of the series. He did all of this without ever becoming some overpowered character too. He is a good example of how I think characters’ powers should have scaled in the series. I also enjoyed romance with Temari and his friendships in the series. Just overall he had a very satisfying arc and it was nice to see from what I guess would be considered a side or supporting character.

You could say the same thing for Killua too I think about having a satisfying arc. Out of all the HxH characters you could argue that Killua had the most complete arc in the series. There are obvious things to like from his flashy powers and abilities, but when you look at how some characters developed and how other arcs for some remain incomplete Killua’s feels finished.

He started off the series as this somewhat edgy character with a troubled background that was trying to rebel from what his family wanted of him. So he did that and he stumbled across Gon and the others he met during the Hunters Exam and for the first time made genuine friends, which is probably want he wanted all along. Then over the course of the series you see his friendship with Gon grow to the point where he is willing to sacrifice himself for Gon, and by the end of his arc you even see Killua have to go against his family in order to save his friend. So it feels like a complete arc to me in how it all came full circle and it was done really well.

• Tokoya and PunkHazard like this

#15 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

Your 2018 OneManga Character Battle Champion is

Killua Zoldyck!!!

6pN6ysX.jpg?1

This concludes the 2018 OMCB. I enjoyed running the OMCB this year and it went by so fast. A big thanks to @Echo for helping me set it up and for everyone that voted!

• azer_moli, Oben and PunkHazard like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users