SootKatt

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

ErWSpjZ.jpg

Plot Summary:

Nature made Ash Lynx beautiful; nurture made him a cold ruthless killer. A runaway brought up as the adopted heir and sex toy of "Papa" Dino Golzine, Ash, now at the rebellious age of seventeen, forsakes the kingdom held out by the devil who raised him. But the hideous secret that drove Ash's older brother mad in **Iraq has suddenly fallen into Papa's insatiably ambitious hands—and it's exactly the wrong time for Eiji Okamura, a pure-hearted young photographer from Japan, to make Ash Lynx's acquaintance...

Spoiler Trailer

Edited by SootKatt, 10 July 2018 - 10:38 AM.

• YoWid likes this

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,879 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

This has anime now? Wow...

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#3 SootKatt

SootKatt

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:38 AM

This has anime now? Wow...

Nyas, the first episode aired on Amazon Prime last Thursday. So far, so good.

Which reminds me that I need to change Vietnam to Iraq in the above description because they've updated the setting slightly.

Have you read the manga?

#4 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,174 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:10 PM

I heard that the yaoi is strong in this series lol but I really enjoyed the first episode 

• SootKatt likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#5 SootKatt

SootKatt

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:12 PM

I heard that the yaoi is strong in this series lol but I really enjoyed the first episode

It's not yaoi though. It's very light Shounen-ai at best. Most of the sexual content is based around the psychological effect of sexual assault, that of which isn't shown because the author didn't want to be exploitative and fetishize something horrible in any sort of way. I'm honestly not even sure why the default description focuses so much on the sexuality of the characters because it's the 5% rather than the 95% devoted to the development of the plot. I still don't understand why it's commonly tagged as yaoi honestly. Maybe it's an attempted selling point but people reading/watching it for that purpose are going to be sorely disappointed.. unless they've for some reason decided to ramp up the sexual content for the sake of the anime, in which case I will be sorely disappointed haha.

That being said, I too enjoyed the first episode a lot ^^ I didn't mind the slight update in setting. I liked the soundtrack and the animation. The raid scene was well executed as well. I'm super excited about seeing the second episode tomorrow.
  • Tokoya likes this

#6 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:23 AM

This was a good start to hopefully one of the better shows this year. I was totally lost at first but that's not a bad thing as so many shows have openings that divulge common plots and kill interest.
It kind of reminded me of that mafia revenge series from last year. I can't seem to recall the name of the series somehow... Either way, definitely looking forward to this one
  • SootKatt likes this

#7 SootKatt

SootKatt

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 05:07 AM

So we're officially halfway through. Thoughts so far, guys? ^^ Probably best to put them in spoilers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users