#21 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:15 PM

@Abaroxa

It could be interesting if Luffy actually decides not to tell her and even semi convincingly lie that Ace is doing ok... I mean she is starving and sick so telling her about his dead brother would not be very wise  for her life. It would be a subtle way to make Luffy grow more into an adult. Besides, she is the character that is actually giving an emotional stake  for Luffy in this arc (which explains why we meet her so early into Wano and getting a lot of screen time) so I think our MC is gonna reveal it during the low point for dramatic purpose...

@bolded Luffy and lie in the same sentence really? 

How would lying be a sign of character growth. Yall have some weird expectations for Luffy as a character and then complain when he doesn't meet them. Wtf. 

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#22 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,386 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:12 PM

Has Luffy ever lied?

#23 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,883 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:35 PM

Has Luffy ever lied?

Yes, but not very succesfully.

Example: http://mangaseeonlin...83-page-17.html

He also lied to the other SHs fairly recently, a bit more succesfully, but still not fooling Jinbe:

http://mangaseeonlin...81-page-16.html

Edited by Oben, 12 July 2018 - 02:35 PM.

• Enbima likes this

#24 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:54 PM

Yes, but not very succesfully.

Example: http://mangaseeonlin...83-page-17.html

He also lied to the other SHs fairly recently, a bit more succesfully, but still not fooling Jinbe:

http://mangaseeonlin...81-page-16.html

spill the truth about the false king! :heehee:

Btw this is the first time Ive seen Luffy putting his hands into his pockets and acting a cool...in front of the kid.

east blue luffy where are you...

Edited by Enbima, 12 July 2018 - 03:50 PM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#25 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

@bolded Luffy and lie in the same sentence really? 

How would lying be a sign of character growth. Yall have some weird expectations for Luffy as a character and then complain when he doesn't meet them. Wtf. 

Sometimes there are things you want to tell to someone in the moment but you chose not to because you really want that person to be happy. 

@Chillman

10.jpg?1470277874

11.jpg?1470277874

12.jpg?1470277874

13.jpg?1470277874

14.jpg?1470277874

15.jpg?1470277874

18.jpg?1470277874

Zoro oppa knew exactly what Luffy was doing  :aww:

• Mr Love likes this

#26 Oben

Oben

Lacking Harmony

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,883 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:15 PM

@trafalgarlawisop

How about spoiler tags?

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

#27 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:42 PM

@Oben Laziness p6eyA47.pngp6eyA47.pngp6eyA47.png

#28 raptor13

raptor13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

You know.... the thing that makes me mad about luffy's nonsense.... how do other crews do it? We always get to see luffy's weird grabbing fish to climb a waterfall or inflating himself to avoid crashing into reverse mountain, but we never get ti see the actual way it is suposed to be done. We were told luffy is insane for taking the knock up stream to skypiea.... but we were never told or shown the correct way to get there...

I forget when but the correct way into skypiea was mentioned at some point during the arc, we just never actually saw it.  I think I recall something about the danger resulting in losing half your crew compared to the upstream fashion which was an all or none gamble.

Next Nakama ballot:

Spoiler

#29 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:52 PM

I don't know about you guys, but the art of Zou is just amazing! That tiger, the land, the Samurai-master. I'm really digging Oda's work here!!

The chapter itself was also really cool! I specially enjoyed when Luffy stared that monkey in the face and told him to chill, and also the little girl's struggle for food. Man I'm really hyped for this arc!!!

I don't know about you guys, but the art of Zou is just amazing! That tiger, the land, the Samurai-master. I'm really digging Oda's work here!!

The chapter itself was also really cool! I specially enjoyed when Luffy stared that monkey in the face and told him to chill, and also the little girl's struggle for food. Man I'm really hyped for this arc!!!

• trafalgarlawisop likes this

#30 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:54 PM

Hawkins!

Looking forward to seeing him in action.

Spoiler

Edited by Ajh77, 12 July 2018 - 06:55 PM.

• Blackody likes this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#31 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:08 PM

Fine chapter, I love this new character, she is so adorable. And I am sure there is someone out there saying her for next Strawhats.

When we find out, she doesn't know about Ace, that is heartbreaking, and how are we going to break the news. Good chapter.

#32 smokingfrog

smokingfrog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:34 AM

A full chapter with only luffy in it.. always great!

And this is a great connection with Ace. Really looking forward to seeing how luffy will react to this.
The samurai girl is really adorable. I hope she becomes the Vivi of this arc.

Also basil Hawkins. TBH, not too excited about him. Does he really stand a chance against luffy?

And, luffy hitting those two fodders before they even realising, is it a case of luffy's foresight (future coo)?

#33 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:34 AM

And this is a great connection with Ace. Really looking forward to seeing how luffy will react to this.

Also basil Hawkins. TBH, not too excited about him. Does he really stand a chance against luffy?

And, luffy hitting those two fodders before they even realising, is it a case of luffy's foresight (future coo)?

I think she become aisa in this arc, I have the feeling the way otama treat luffy the way aisa treat him in this arc.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#34 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:25 AM

Yes it clearly was foresight as Luffy knocked them out before they even shot at him (which would be ooc for him otherwise).

#35 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

So let me get this straight... These guys went into a younkou's territory and fought her entire crew to save sanji. And literally the next day this motherfucker leaves the fruit users alone on a ship that is in the middle of a whirlpool?

Yep, zoro was right. Never should've saved this asshole

Can't say for sure. Those guys had the intentions to shoot him. Regular coo would work just as well as future coo.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#36 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,543 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:23 PM

So let me get this straight... These guys went into a younkou's territory and fought her entire crew to save sanji. And literally the next day this motherfucker leaves the fruit users alone on a ship that is in the middle of a whirlpool?

Yep, zoro was right. Never should've saved this asshole

Luffy was there and he can fly. It's Sanji's reason that is hilarious though

Edited by Fulmine, 13 July 2018 - 10:23 PM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#37 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:32 AM

You mean Wano.

Japan has a lot of breathtaking sceneries and I hope Oda uses them to the max because one of the issues of DR is that we were pretty stuck with the same setting and city with pretty much every major characters introduced in the coliseum and I was getting tired of being essentially in the same place. I hope for Wano that we constantly move to other locations, and surrounding smaller islands. I am liking the fact that Oda seems to be taking his time to introduce new characters little by little.

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 14 July 2018 - 08:32 AM.

#38 XReader

XReader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationχάος - Primordial Chaos

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:14 PM

Can't say for sure. Those guys had the intentions to shoot him. Regular coo would work just as well as future coo.

As explained in the Dogtooth fight, using the observation haki to its fullest extent requires concentration, and the haki itself is exhaustible.  There is no need to keep it full on all the time.  Where as before, Luffy dodges attacks easily, now with light foresight, he stops the attacks before they happen.

Luffy's scuffle with the guards is my favorite part of the chapter.  Ever since Luffy talked about acquiring the 'foresight', I had been wondering how strong Luffy can get.  Now, I can't imagine anyone could stand toe to toe with Luffy other than Yonko, especially fighters without foresight.  Of course, we still don't know how DF 'awakening' would work with Luffy. To see that, we would have to wait a while more.

-XR

#39 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:12 AM

You need to improve your imagination.
  • ddboy102 likes this

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#40 denimdragon

denimdragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:46 PM

Apoo was a given, he had "Snake" written all over his face since he was introduced. Hawkins on the other hand might just be bidding his time. He seems like the type to wait for the most opportune moment before making a move.

Totally agree with this. Hawkins IMO, is a strategist just like Capone and Law. I think he's slept on when it comes to brains. 

Notice how he tells his comrades to keep this under wraps from Kaidou. That in itself tells me he's just maximizing his circumstances. "If you can't beat 'em...". 

Edited by denimdragon, 15 July 2018 - 10:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users