• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Engal

Engal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:13 AM

Totally agree with this. Hawkins IMO, is a strategist just like Capone and Law. I think he's slept on when it comes to brains. 

Notice how he tells his comrades to keep this under wraps from Kaidou. That in itself tells me he's just maximizing his circumstances. "If you can't beat 'em...". 

Sure. Remember that all of them gathered to attack an Emperor ( shanks ), they all ended up being " enslaved" or " captured" by another one. 

I'm not really sure they all want to stick with Kaidou and being his underling. While Capone willingly joined Big Mum to seize the opportunity to assassinate her, Hawking and the other did not have choice ( as far as we know ). And It's the same for Drake apparently. 

Being Hawkins, and reading that Luffy did pull a major feat on Big Mum by  "beating" her ( according to the news ) leading to the point of her allying with Kaidou, I might end up trying my luck with Luffy with seems oddly in the lucky side of everything. He'll probably confront luffy to test his " cards " to gamble on the outcome. If he sees an opportunity, he'll help him. 

Transforming the Alliance to beat down Shanks into an Alliance to beat down Kaidou could be a very good opportunity. 

Edited by Engal, 16 July 2018 - 07:14 AM.

#42 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:49 AM

I could write songs about how uninterested i am in this arc so far.

The princess is onky 10 years old.... great we will have an annoying tag along this whole arc. At least pudding wasnt that much of a tag along and wasnt that anoying, this is just stupid.....but the one saving grace is.... at least she isnt the child of kiadou, his loyal soldier who never disobeyed him and now will throw all that away because of the power of luffy.

Also, the OP fan base sucks. Half complains that every arc is the same the other half gets super excited to see the generic princess tag along.

Also, it is now my opinion that hawkins theme is "survive at all costs"

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#43 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:58 AM

The princess is onky 10 years old.... great we will have an annoying tag along this whole arc.

Did u by chance mean to say another?

I mean it fits well with Oda post TS.... Remember Repukka and Momo? 

At least pudding wasnt that much of a tag along and wasnt that anoying, this is just stupid

Agreed.

but the one saving grace is.... at least she isnt the child of kiadou, his loyal soldier who never disobeyed him and now will throw all that away because of the power of luffy.

Agreed again. Sadly others will do the job for certain (e.g. Hawkins, Drake,samurais, ninjas etcetc)

Also, it is now my opinion that hawkins theme is "survive at all costs"
I swear i severly misjudged u. I mean i would have bet that thats exactly what u would call the smart move, or the way to go? Seemingly wrong here... 

Edited by capu, 16 July 2018 - 12:01 PM.

#44 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,260 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:25 AM

half gets super excited to see the generic princess tag along.

this arc you get much more

you get a generic prince tag along

• captain kidd likes this

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#45 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:00 AM

Did u by chance mean to say another?
I mean it fits well with Oda post TS.... Remember Repukka and Momo?

Agreed.

Agreed again. Sadly others will do the job for certain (e.g. Hawkins, Drake,samurais, ninjas etcetc)
I swear i severly misjudged u. I mean i would have bet that thats exactly what u would call the smart move, or the way to go? Seemingly wrong here...

Hahaha ya i guess another is correct. We will have to see where exactly momo is the smart move would be to keep him hidden for now since he is wanted, but if sashori the anicent weapon is stupid enough to leave fishman island and travel 10,000 meters above the ocean, then momo could be stupid enough to run around fighting this arc.

Ya i cab already see the shogun crying his eyes out for helping kiadou then turning and helping luffy fight kiadou.

Hey i didnt say it was a bad move i just thought it is a new theme. His df is based off not taking hits, he is always predicting the future ending with chances of survival, he clearly switched sides out of no where, and his very low bounty post ts shows he probably hasnt made too many waves in the nw.
I like it when characters play it smart, but there is a thin line between being smart and being outwardly a coward. Look at capone on zou, the smart move was to leave with sanji and not fight catstriker, but capone did the smart move in the most outwardly cowardly way possible.
When jack attacked a convoy consisting of fuji sengoku and.....whats her name...i wouldnt of called him a coward for seeing that convy and backing off or calling for back up or just leaving, but if he screamed and ran away then we have a problem.
That all being said, i have no respect for pirates that work for emerors. Sure it is smart, but it is extremely outwardly cowardly.
  • capu likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#46 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

I was thinking that we would probably get some reference to Ace given he said he spent time in Wano, but I didn't expect for it to be so soon. I wonder if his time there will be part of some bigger story or was it just Oda doing a call back.

Overall the chapter was pretty tame. So far the arc is following all the familiar beats. Luffy is already separated from the crew (which felt kind of forced as I think they could have escaped the Sunny much easier), he meets some girl, and is going to encounter a fellow Supernova who will probably eventually team up with him to try and take down some bigger threat. I wonder if Oda will try and do any twists here with the Supernovas but I don't know. I would like for some of the Supernovas to remain proper rivals and opponents to Luffy rather than allies, but I don't know if Oda will do that.

As for Hawkins he does have one of the more interesting devil fruit abilities and it will be fun to see that in action more. I guess all the SNs that Kaidou beat were forced to join his crew and only Kidd refused which is why he was put in prison. Hopefully he gets a good showing in this arc as he had been a major disappointment so far with how beat up he has gotten.

#47 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:20 PM

I was thinking that we would probably get some reference to Ace given he said he spent time in Wano, but I didn't expect for it to be so soon. I wonder if his time there will be part of some bigger story or was it just Oda doing a call back.

Overall the chapter was pretty tame. So far the arc is following all the familiar beats. Luffy is already separated from the crew (which felt kind of forced as I think they could have escaped the Sunny much easier), he meets some girl, and is going to encounter a fellow Supernova who will probably eventually team up with him to try and take down some bigger threat. I wonder if Oda will try and do any twists here with the Supernovas but I don't know. I would like for some of the Supernovas to remain proper rivals and opponents to Luffy rather than allies, but I don't know if Oda will do that.

As for Hawkins he does have one of the more interesting devil fruit abilities and it will be fun to see that in action more. I guess all the SNs that Kaidou beat were forced to join his crew and only Kidd refused which is why he was put in prison. Hopefully he gets a good showing in this arc as he had been a major disappointment so far with how beat up he has gotten.

Lol well he most likely tried to solo kaido after he offered for Law to join his crew so yeah anyone of the SN would of gotten beaten up like that

#48 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:09 PM

Lol well he most likely tried to solo kaido after he offered for Law to join his crew so yeah anyone of the SN would of gotten beaten up like that

He also lost his arm to Big Mom, right? He has had pretty awful luck when it comes to dealing with the Yonkou, lol. Hopefully Oda doesn't waste his character given he has such an interesting fruit. I'd really hate for him to become like Law and be Luffy's ally instead of someone that wants to become PK, but I guess that would depend on how it is written maybe.

• Lucky Wolf and KUROkami like this

#49 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:53 PM

Yeah, I want X Drake to stick with Kaidou (his fruit aligns with Kaidou's crew) and fight against the eventual Supernova team up.  I also want Kidd to become Luffy's top rival.  I don't want all the Supernova to be buddy buddy either.

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#50 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,543 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:38 PM

He also lost his arm to Big Mom, right? He has had pretty awful luck when it comes to dealing with the Yonkou, lol. Hopefully Oda doesn't waste his character given he has such an interesting fruit. I'd really hate for him to become like Law and be Luffy's ally instead of someone that wants to become PK, but I guess that would depend on how it is written maybe.

Kid never reached Big Mom. The SNs mostly got stopped and only Urouge beat a Sweet Commander and Capone surrendered.

It was theorized that he lost his arm to Jack cause Jack likes to amputate.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#51 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted Yesterday, 01:07 AM

I think u underrate the yonkous a bit. Half the SH crew was a goner on the plateau of WCI right before the Tamate Box exploded. Luffy was beaten, CC+Bege captured, an the G66 was also already dealt with. Only Jinbei, Sanji (at least partly), Nami and Chopper+Beges fodder remained and since Luffy was pretty much fodder to BM and taken out by a single clash with BM, in which she did not even put much effort into, i doubt the ones remaining would have made any difference had it not been for the explosion.

To the SN part:

Well they could ally in Wano, going separate ways afterwards again. There is no need for all of them to become part of the fleet, i definitely cant see Kidd or Apoo to become fleet captains/allies, they r far to ruthless/cruel for that.

While i believe that at least 2 SN might become permanent allies (i bet its either Bonney (RA connection), Bege (Crew/Vito=fanboys of germa, Lola+Chiffon relation to Nami) or Drake (needs to have a reason the defected from the marines)), that does not need to mean that they wont be enemies in the beginning. Zoro is seemingly an enemy for Hawkins, with noone else, except Luffy around. Since the SHs got training no other SN received most likely, at least not for 2 whole years, and Luffy has taken a huge step ahead in WCI, making him top commander lvl already, I cant believe Luffy + Zoro are needed to deal with Hawkins + crew. Hawkins vs Zoro seems legit to me consequently, especially since he uses sharp .... fingernails in his vodoo doll form?, which aint something that works well for Luffy.

Meanwhile Sanji (+his group) does the same, meaning beat, with Drake + crew or Apoo +crew (am a huge fan for Sanji vs those 2, since both seem to be CoA users, with Drake possibly being an awakened (thus extremely tanky/durable) ancient zoan user) and Brook (teamed up with Sanji) vs Apoo, since Apoo is just such an epic stepstone for Brook that the latter might make a huge step powerwise and his variety in abilites itself.

Nami  and Chopper i clearly see to be able the deal with the rest, since Nami now got a huge powerboost imo. And Chopper wont want to fall behind,they certainly will have to go all out, or even need help from time to time but they might be able to do it.

Yeah, I want X Drake to stick with Kaidou (his fruit aligns with Kaidou's crew) and fight against the eventual Supernova team up.  I also want Kidd to become Luffy's top rival.  I don't want all the Supernova to be buddy buddy either.

For me at least Drake hugely depends on why he defected the marines. E.g. had it been for their very own injustice (speaking of WG/marines) or some other good reasoning, leading to Drake wants to see the WG dealt with/their reign to have an end, he certainly would fit the SHfleet well, since he is a powerhouse already, has  a lot of insight in Kaidous territory/dealings as well as the maines' and does seem to be another "thinker/strategist" like Jinbei and Sanji (although the latter fell largely behind since TS....). Thus i rather see Apoo remaining a permanent enemy of the SHs than i see Drake to be that.

Also see Apoo to ally with other SNs i.e. Urouge + Hawkins to fight / defeat the SHs. Could also happen (and i would like that one too) that the Kaidou underlings later on ally to take down the yonkou SH. Meaning Drake+Hawkins+Apoo (again + possibly Urouge, since Oda will introduce him somehow, that would be an ez way to do it) vs the SHs.

Kidd wont be a true rival, unless he gets allies as well that is, the SHs r destined to stand atop. They will beat ANY SNcrew 1vs1, thus some others need to ally in order to become a true threat to the SHs.

I mean honestly the places were Kuma send them was exactly what each and everyone of them needed in order to get the knowledge they needed to become far better. I highly doubt that several SN had anything close to such progress. Surely Drake who is longest under the flag of a yonkou might have had a huge powerboost by being trained i.e. by a calamity, but does a calamity equal Ray-sama or Mihawk-san, all i see is calamities being equals to Iva, or better say around Iva, dont know which one is stronger, i guess THE top commander>Iva, but the other 2 top commanders might be very similar in strength to Iva? Then we have a nami  that now has Zeus under her and we have Brook who already endured the wrath of a yonkou personally, i truly dont see the other SNunderlings to have had the chance of progressing like that. 

Drake does seem to be ruthless according to the spoilers as well though.

Was wrong when it comes to Hawkins though. Could have sworn he will meet Sanjis group after him being shown last chapter. So huge grain of salt when it comes to my personal opinion of matchups. 

Edited by capu, Yesterday, 04:12 AM.

#52 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted Yesterday, 10:10 AM

I think u underrate the yonkous a bit. Half the SH crew was a goner on the plateau of WCI right before the Tamate Box exploded. Luffy was beaten, CC+Bege captured, an the G66 was also already dealt with. Only Jinbei, Sanji (at least partly), Nami and Chopper+Beges fodder remained and since Luffy was pretty much fodder to BM and taken out by a single clash with BM, in which she did not even put much effort into, i doubt the ones remaining would have made any difference had it not been for the explosion.

To the SN part:

Well they could ally in Wano, going separate ways afterwards again. There is no need for all of them to become part of the fleet, i definitely cant see Kidd or Apoo to become fleet captains/allies, they r far to ruthless/cruel for that.

I don't think I'm underrating them. I just meant that Kid has had horrible luck when it comes to dealing with them. He's gotten it worse than any of the SNs. Maybe it is because of his own hubris and isn't smart enough to know when to back down and when to attack like the other ones. Although he seemed smart enough during the SA arc to know when to get out when things are over his head.

And I don't want any of the SNs to join Luffy's fleet, but I guess Law is basically part of his fleet now despite not being officially listed as one given I don't see Law ever being a threat or rival to Luffy again now. I just really hope that Kid doesn't go the same route as Law. I'd want him to stay evil and be willing to kill Luffy if he helps him advance himself to the title of Pirate King. I hope after this arc he doesn't change from that mindset, but I really don't know.

Kid never reached Big Mom. The SNs mostly got stopped and only Urouge beat a Sweet Commander and Capone surrendered.

It was theorized that he lost his arm to Jack cause Jack likes to amputate.

There hasn't been any mention that he had clashed with Kaidou's crew before stumbling across him recently, right? The only mention of him during the timeskip is that he clashed with Big Mom's crew and destroyed some of her allies. I would assume someone related to BM took his arm or he had to sacrifice it to defeat someone or get away maybe.

#53 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted Yesterday, 10:48 AM

I just meant that Kid has had horrible luck when it comes to dealing with them.

Thats were i disagree. I think thats exactly what would have happened to any SN who would attack a yonkou on that ones territory, without the Luck the SHs have with fighting Cracker solo, or being underestimated like that (which when one considers how easily the others were dealt with was not such a dumb thing to do, granted the Shs achievements so far should have made the BM pirates far more vary of the SHs then it did. Moreover the fact remains that the Shs had immense luck with being able to use Brulees ability and with Kata to actually grow accustomed  to Luffy. Furthermore the only reason the SHs did not die at WCI was BMs hunger sickness, which only happened due to the picture thing (which is info noone else of the SN would have gotten had it not been for Bege) and lastly the fact that not only Bege betrayed them but JInbei did as well freeing Luffy and Nami after imprisonement. Thats just too much luck as to not assume it would have been impossible for ANY SN to actually face off against a yonkou  without risking death or severe harm itself, without achieving anything.).

I.e. Urouge had the "luck" that he had a seabattle with Snack, while we dont know whether a seabattle favors either Snack or Urouge we know for a fact (ok granted we only know because of bounty relation and because of the "numbers" given to the commanders (Kata=#1, Smoothie=#2?, Cracker=#3?, Snack=#4?)) that Cracker does stand higher than higher than Snack. Since Cracker dealt with Urouge, after the latter defeated Snack, it is still reasonable that Cracker would have been able to defeat Urouge even without said one to have fought Snack previously. Even Luffy who should be the highest/strongest SN needed 11 hours and Nami as a natural counter to beat Cracker.  

Since we now know that Kidd, Bege and Urouge all were dealt with by BM commanders with Apoo, Kidd and Hawkins being defeated by Kaidou there seems to be a huge difference between yonkous and SNs. Even Luffy needed several goes, with a lot of running,recuperation and meals to defeat BMs #1. Therefore all SNs should have a hard time against any #1 yonkou commander, let alone the yonkou themselfs. Consequently for me all SN are still (Luffy being exception since 5th yonkou and huge powerup in/after Kata fight) way below any yonkou and thus Kid did not have bad luck but rather did get what he deserved for his cockyness in overestimating his own power when compared to a yonkou.

I mean if Hawkins+Apoo+Kidd + their crews  were not enough to significantly do a thing against Kaidou then that in itself shows just how big a gap there is (although Hawkins might not even have engaged since his ability might have told him there is noway to defeat kaidou and that the only way of not being imprisoned is directly bowing to kaidou, which once more only proves the points above). 

He's gotten it worse than any of the SNs.

true

Maybe it is because of his own hubris and isn't smart enough to know when to back down and when to attack like the other ones.

exaclty what i mean.

And I don't want any of the SNs to join Luffy's fleet

I dont see any problem with 1 or 2 joining, as long as its done well i am fine. Currently the ones i see to be possible SN allies are (as said in the other post) Bonney, Bege, Drake (his aim could be to bring down the WG--> ally with one of the biggest enemies the WG has-->yonkou/RA, Luffy will take that place at some point as well (currently he has not done so in the yonkous eyes at least)), Hawkins, Urouge.

but I guess Law is basically part of his fleet now despite not being officially listed as one given I don't see Law ever being a threat or rival to Luffy again now.

I disagree i think Oda used Robins words of (dont remember the exact wording sry) "with a pirate alliance comes betrayal" as forshadowing.

I just really hope that Kid doesn't go the same route as Law.

While i am unsure how it goes with Law (Bege i think will become a permanent ally at some point, even though he betrayed everyone so far, but Vito/crew connection to Germa and Chiffon/Lola connection to Nami is just too much for me to ally a real betrayal by Bege) i am certain if Kidd allies with the SHs at all, then it will be ONLY for Wano and to get revenge for being imprisoned/defeated.

Afterwards i am certain he will continue to go his own way and will at some other point in time attack the SHs, maybe right before the war against the WG, just like Kaidou tried against WB, maybe Law might interfere then or some other SN who will owe the SHs then.     

But i still hope there will be an SN alliance to fight the SHs.

Was one big fan of KAH vs SHH.

I'd want him to stay evil and be willing to kill Luffy if he helps him advance himself to the title of Pirate King.

Same here.

I hope after this arc he doesn't change from that mindset, but I really don't know.

Doubt it will honestly.

Edited by capu, Yesterday, 10:59 AM.

#54 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,543 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:30 PM

There hasn't been any mention that he had clashed with Kaidou's crew before stumbling across him recently, right? The only mention of him during the timeskip is that he clashed with Big Mom's crew and destroyed some of her allies. I would assume someone related to BM took his arm or he had to sacrifice it to defeat someone or get away maybe.

That's why it's a theory.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users