Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:44 PM

New Anime Season = New Thread

What shows have you guys enjoying this summer? What are your impressions of the season so far?

Personally I haven't seen many of the new shows this season but of the ones I have Cells at Work is just the absolute best (and I'm not just saying that because of my field of work).

• Tokoya likes this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,176 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:51 AM

I'm taking it easy this season so that I don't get too burned out once Fall comes around but from what I've seen of the ones on my list, I wasn't really disappointed by any so far

The first clubhouse anime that you chose just happens to be one of the many series I chose not to watch but I am watching another Lerche anime called Asobi Asobase and its HILARIOUS

That, Banana Fish, Sirius the Jaeger and maybe Hanebado are my favorites (With Free being my favorite if I include sequels :aww:)

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:06 PM

Watching Planet With is testing the limits of my nitpicking. Today it made me realize how much I hate being told when to laugh or cry by the music. Next episode will tell me whether I'm watching the anime or waiting for the manga. I get the feeling I'll watch it regardless.

I also tried Angels of Death. It was fine until the guy started to laugh, which was unpleasant, but short. But then episode 2 came out.

So that's... not a great start for this season. I think I'll try one of the sports ones. I usually like those.

Edited by Athos, 15 July 2018 - 06:07 PM.

samisig.jpg

#4 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:16 PM

Like this season a lot more than the last gotta say. Tonegawa's anime is consistently hilarious and Isekai Maou while less consistently funny does have some very nice fanservice. I've stuck with Overlord this long so I might as well keep going with it, even if it's a bit middling. 

I feel as though you missed the point of Angels of Death though Athos, I busted a gut at that scene, he's clearly supposed to be mental, the show even highlights this with Rachel sighing, narrowing her eyes, and otherwise showing how done with his shit she is. I suppose it might not be for everyone, but to me having Zack go crazy over inanimate objects while she shakes her head wondering who the dumbass making so much noise is, was hilarious. 

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#5 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:48 PM

It's not... the fact that he's insane what bothers me? Crazy people can be funny. If anything, the whole "I could kill you anytime I want" schtick, is more annoying.

No, I just... I only meant his laugh, it's... offensive to my ears.

samisig.jpg

#6 Spamamdorf

Spamamdorf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,810 posts
  • LocationLemu

Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:30 AM

I see, I misunderstood.

iyzTKCh.jpg

“I promised, remember? I said I would save you even if it meant fighting the entire world.” “Yes…you did.”

Othinus narrowed her eye as the boy held her in his arms. She looked happy. She looked truly happy.

“But you don’t have to worry. I was already saved from the moment you said that to me.”

#7 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:29 AM

As far as new shows Banana Fish is quite good so far. I definitely think it has the best shot at being my AoTS with how it's progressing 2 episodes in. Other than that I'm watching Hi-Score Girl which hasn't lost me, but hasn't entirely sold me on episode 1. Grand Blue was a show I've been looking forward to since I was introduced to the manga a couple months back. The manga is better, but it's giving me nostalgia vibes of Air Gear which was one of my favorite shows way back.

Gintama and Overlord are the sequels I'm picking up and I plan and giving Asobi Asobase a few episodes tester as well. 

If Planet With wasn't a mecha, I'd try it out too, since everyone is talking about it, but I just don't like mechas.

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,176 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:45 PM

Excluding sequels, this is my top 5 right now (I haven't watched Grand Blue yet though):

1. https://myanimelist....Genkou_Kassenki

2. https://myanimelist....649/Banana_Fish

3. https://myanimelist....rius_the_Jaeger

4. https://myanimelist....1/Asobi_Asobase

5. https://myanimelist..../37259/Hanebado

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:45 AM

Nothing really seems to stand out this season i mean i'm watching Overlord and Baki that's about it. Osmosis Jones the anime seems like it could be good.

#10 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:46 AM

The first 2 episodes of Asobi Asobase were pretty entertaining. I'll definitely keep watching. I can't help but think that it might have worked better in a 12min short format.

#11 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,176 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:09 AM

That awkward moment when the mother in Hanebado could gives shounen fathers like Goku and Ging a run for their money :lmao:

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#12 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:03 PM

Having a tonegawa anime is the most strange turn of events I could think of. But great nonetheless, since the manga isn't currently being translated.

#13 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,913 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:33 PM

I have no idea what to watch this season (except for Overlord). All the thumbnails and summaries of the anime sound so...normal to me. Not bad, but not attractive either. Guess manga phase continues.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#14 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:38 AM

I don't have a whole lot to say about Overlord, other than the fact that even after three seasons, hearing the protagonist's teenager voice every now and then is still the series' greatest weakness.

Planet With is pretty fun whenever they're not focusing on the mecha fights, which unfortunately, can be a lot.

I also tried picking up Harukana Recieve, which is not exactly the Haikyuu of the season, but whatever faults it has get muddled by the bouncing tits and yuri overtones.

samisig.jpg

#15 gintokichimaru

gintokichimaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationDMV

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:43 AM

I like Overlord, but I just think that it doesn't draw me in as much any more as in the 1st season. It's hard to pinpoint why but I guess it comes down to lack of interest in the characters. None of them really intrigue or entertain me. I still watch it just because overall it's fun enough but season 4 might lose me.

Is no one watching Hi-Score Girl?

#16 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:13 AM

Planet With was ok. I can't say I could recommend it, specially with the cheap-looking fight scenes. I liked the characters, and there were some great episodes, but the ending was just alright. I wish it had been great. If it had, I'd be more confident more of the author's manga would get animated. 

Edited by Athos, 23 September 2018 - 11:13 AM.

samisig.jpg

#17 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:32 PM

Summer 2018 Season Review

1. What anime did you watch this season?
2. Which show was the most underrated?
3. Which show was the most disappointing?
4. Favorite characters of the season? Best Boy? Best Girl?
5. OTP's of the season? (Whether canon or not)
6. Anime with the best animation?
7. Anime most in need of a sequel?
8. Best Slice of Life?
9. Best Anime Original?
10. Best Opening? Best Ending?
11. How does this season compare to Spring 2017 for you?
12. Anime of the Season? Other than Cells at Work

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#18 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,176 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

1. What anime did you watch this season?
Banana Fish

Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki

Captain Tsubassa

Boku no Hero Academia S3

Asobi Asobase

Attack on Titan S3

Free S3

Hanebado

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu

Juushiki Pandora

Lupin Part 5

One Room S2

Overlord S3

Sirius The Jaegar

Steins Gate 0

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san

2. Which show was the most underrated?
Angolmois: Genkou Kassenki

3. Which show was the most disappointing?
Juushiki Pandora (Albeit it being a Spring leftover)....I made sure that I knew that I would enjoy all of the new shows I picked up this summer instead of just trying things out on a hunch since I was taking things lightly

4. Favorite characters of the season? Best Boy? Best Girl?
Excluding the sequels

Ash (Banana Fish) - Male

Nagisa (Hanebado)

5. OTP's of the season? (Whether canon or not)
FujikoxLupin (FINALLY)

OkabexMayuri

DiabloxShera

6. Anime with the best animation?
Hero Academia and Titan always has the best but apart from those two, Hanebado had some really nice animation as well

7. Anime most in need of a sequel?
Angolmois or Isekai Maou

8. Best Slice of Life?
Didn't watch any unless Asobi counts as one lol

9. Best Anime Original?
Didn't watch any

10. Best Opening? Best Ending?
OP - Hero Academia (Sequels), Banana Fish (New)

ED - Banana Fish

11. How does this season compare to Spring 2017 for you?
Last summer was vastly superior in terms of good new shows....This summer only had better sequels being aired

Anime of the Season? Other than Cells at Work
It's not over yet but the best new show was easily Banana Fish
  • Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#19 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,913 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 02:43 AM

Planet With: best!!! Mizukami Satoshi's work after all

Cells At Work: why wasn't this on my school's biology material? Beats dry lesson every day!

Phantom in the twilight: the worst of all but not bad, just super average. The setting in London bait my inner pseudo-anglophile...

Revue Starlight: decent!

Overlord SS3: well, what it's always been.

I wan to watch Asobi Asobase and Hanebado but haven't had time.

Edited by Fulmine, 18 October 2018 - 02:44 AM.

• Goddess Nike likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users