Enjoy~

And mysteries deepen... 

#2 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:05 PM

Damn it's so well written.. Please don't thrash the plot!

#3 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,972 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:40 PM

Hey, that was surprisingly decent. Good ideas in the worldbuilding and the mysteries, and it's still well-drawn for a spin-off.

• Raiden likes this

#4 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:38 PM

It can't be FT without Lucy's clothes somehow coming undone  :<_<:

Besides that, what an interesting town. Still no word about the two we saw from last time tho.

Also, I find myself not that invested in this mystery behind Touka. I barely remember Briar so the connection between them is kinda not important to me.

#5 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,054 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:35 AM

Magic users from a guild that has Mirajane, Elfman etc. are being shocked by a transformation? What?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#6 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:38 AM

Magic users from a guild that has Mirajane, Elfman etc. are being shocked by a transformation? What?

For them it's mostly parts of the body. 
But still, they have Carle who can become human... though Exceeds are magical beasts and fish were not supposed to be.

Also, I find myself not that invested in this mystery behind Touka. I barely remember Briar so the connection between them is kinda not important to me.

I like her tail. It looks like a cat tail. Is she an Exceed too? It would explain why she's such a fan of Natsu given that Exceeds get stuck to dragon slayers. 
Maybe she was part of the Avatar guild, or as a prisoner and sees Natsu as her saviour. 

• Fenrix likes this

#7 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,054 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:56 AM

For them it's mostly parts of the body.
But still, they have Carle who can become human... though Exceeds are magical beasts and fish were not supposed to be.

They are in a different continent with different species. Besides it's not that much of a leap from Elfman's magic to full transformation. The way they reacted though is like normal human suddenly get isekai'ed to a magical world...

• azer_moli likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#8 Magic Man

Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:38 AM

So the fish people like the water god dragon, maybe he is not such a bad guy after all, I told you we would befriend the dragons.

So we have another Exceed in our guild, and stealing all of Juvia's gimmicks.

#9 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:46 PM

Those are guys who fought and defeated Acnologia, Black Mage Zeref and have time-traveling Dragon Slayers in their guild. I too doubt they should be surprised upon seeing transforming fish.

----

On an unrelated note... I know it's one of the "big" series and the rule is it has different topic for each chapter... but since it is not like Bleach, where there would be 20 pages of discussion per chapter, it has but a few every time, so wouldn't it be better if we had one topic for this where we could continue a possibly larger discussion, developing basing on the plot?

#10 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,241 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:30 PM

On an unrelated note... I know it's one of the "big" series and the rule is it has different topic for each chapter... but since it is not like Bleach, where there would be 20 pages of discussion per chapter, it has but a few every time, so wouldn't it be better if we had one topic for this where we could continue a possibly larger discussion, developing basing on the plot?

It will probably come down to that. 
People started making a thread per chapter, so let's give it a chance. 

#11 Sovereign

Sovereign

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationStar Haven

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:53 PM

This was a trippy chapter. I wouldn't have known what was going on if it weren't the english translations.

I liked how Gray got a bit of spotlight on this one, and the fish interractions with the receptionist was cool.

As expected there will be fanservice, I'm sure Mashima must've encourage the new artist to do so.

I like FT more when it's focused on relationships and interractions as opposed to fights.

Natsu has become more protective of Lucy these days and won't fuck around with laughing at her anymore.

I already don't like this bitch Touka for throwing shade at my boy Gray like that (which is kinda ironic considering she likes Natsu or that could be a facade who kows), but I'm sure she's saying that to annoy or troll Juvia.

Seems like Gajeel and Juvia will be part of the Touka line, and either Touka is trolling them with transformation magic or that she's actually an exceed.

Overall I'll give this a chapter 7.5/10. The artist is improving more and more to Mashima's style each chapter..

Edited by Sovereign, 08 August 2018 - 08:55 PM.

gray_fullbuster_by_darkangelmaik-d35f9vi

#12 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:11 AM

They should've brought Juvia along

5.jpg

#13 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:27 AM

In the previous chapter I liked how they mentioned Guildarts doing the 100 year quest and fighting Acnologia. Seems it was just an accident unrelated to the quest, but maybe they will expand more on his time trying to complete the quest. I was curious about it. Also I was surprised they already showed one of the dragons that they are after so soon and that he is aware of them.

As for this chapter, I really liked the underwater city full of fish that can turn into people and Natsu and company having to drink a potion to break underwater. I hope we see more magical things like this in the series going forward. It adds to the whole adventure feeling of a series like this that I want more of. I'm going to guess that the water dragon maybe gave the fish the ability to turn into people during low tide so they could stay in their city and they are very defensive of him because of it.

What I really would like to see is that each of the 5 dragons are in a different country or continent and for each one Natsu and the others will have to go to really different looking environments with weird things going on. A bit like how the early arcs of One Piece each had a unique setting with different environments and climates.

Also no idea what to make of Touka. So she has a stripped tail and says she can use water magic? Very bizarre but I am enjoying Juvia and Gajeel acting as detectives, and especially how Tokua is provoking Juvia, lol.

• Fenrix likes this

#14 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 14 August 2018 - 10:17 AM

I'm really enjoying this spinoff and the way the plot unfolds. However there's no way for me to get hyped after all the %$#&^ Mashima pullulled on us. 
I think the dragon guy from the previous chapters is the real villain here, it really seems that the dragons coexist with other creatures.
Perhaps he's the third party, with the first one being Acnologia and the second one the supposedly bad dragons.
It could be argued though that Acnologia was also dormant for many years and these dragons might be the same case.
It's really puzzling though that they didn't intervene when it came to Acnologia and Zeref, especially considering the fact that had Zeref or Acnologia won the whole world would be at stake, not just FT's continent.
Can't wait to see the water dragon.

• KUROkami likes this
Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users