Photo

2018 OneManga Favorite Moments Battle Tournament Discussion, Updates & Schedule Thread

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:58 PM

Use this thread for discussing the OneManga Favorite Moments Battle (FMB) and asking any questions about the tournament you many have. The tournament schedule will be shown here and any important updates or announcement will be posted in here as well.

Link to the OneManga Favorite Moments Battle Nominations Thread

#2 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:54 PM

You mentioned that we are not using whole fights but how about short ones? Like, 2-3 swings short?

17.jpg

#3 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:09 PM

You mentioned that we are not using whole fights but how about short ones? Like, 2-3 swings short?

Yeah, short fights would be fine to count as one moment. Ones that would be equal to maybe a few pages in a manga or even ones that are most of one chapter and can't be broken down well into multiple moments could be fine. With that rule it was more designed to stop people from nominating things like "Luffy's fight against Lucci" as one moment when it was far too long to be just one I think.

There are other instances where breaking down what counts as a "moment" might be tough and I'll wait until the nominations are in to narrow down the moments more if need be. I was having a talk with beakedbard about the "Strawhats declare war on the WG" moment and if that also includes Robin's "I want to live" moment. The two happen so close together (the anime clip of both happening together is just a few mins) that I think counting them as the same moment would be okay. So we might encounter more things like that.

#4 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:48 AM

Looking up for this tournament. Thanks to last one I started reading Shin Angyo Onshi and watching Drifters, wonder if I'll find something interesting this time

17.jpg

#5 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:59 AM

When will it start?

#6 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:54 PM

@masterbio

Looking at starting it next Friday or Saturday. Takes a bit more time to organize it than the character one. Once I get all of it together then it should run weekly without any problems.

• masterbio likes this

#7 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 02 September 2018 - 01:40 AM

Had some internet problems and I was busy on Friday, so I'm pushing back the start a day or two. The matches are set but I just need to finish organizing the images/videos.

#8 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 05 September 2018 - 06:08 PM

Okay, this is my plan so far.

We ended up with 141 total nominations. Not a great number to structure a tournament evenly. So my plan is to hold a preliminary tournament for the series that got the biggest nominations and cut those in half. So One Piece ended up with 19 nominations, HxH ended up with 10 and Bleach ended up with 10. We will need 1 OP moment to make the numbers easier.

So I'll take out the 40 nominations from OP, HxH and Bleach and they will battle in 1v1 matches until they get cut in half. So after that round we would have a total of 121 moments. I'd like to ask for 7 more moments that aren't from OP, HxH or Bleach to get the total to 128 which is a perfect number to build the tournament. I'll ask this in the nominations thread.

#9 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:00 AM

Okay, the prelim polls are up. If any of the nominations in the polls are incorrect let me know, or if you want me to replace one of the videos or images with something specific let me know as well.

• Raiden, PunkHazard and masterbio like this

#10 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

if you want me to replace one of the videos or images with something specific let me know as well.

It's not so much a replacement but rather you don't need to post a clip of the scene for my Danganronpa nomination since that anime is a prequel to the second Danganronpa game and the scene in question is a major spoiler for anyone who hasn't played that game yet which I know is the case for a few people on this forum. The way I phrased the description doesn't give anything away to anyone that's not already familiar with it (I was intentionally vague for that reason) but actually watching that scene would spoil the entire plot of the second game for anyone else.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#11 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:53 PM

It's not so much a replacement but rather you don't need to post a clip of the scene for my Danganronpa nomination since that anime is a prequel to the second Danganronpa game and the scene in question is a major spoiler for anyone who hasn't played that game yet which I know is the case for a few people on this forum. The way I phrased the description doesn't give anything away to anyone that's not already familiar with it (I was intentionally vague for that reason) but actually watching that scene would spoil the entire plot of the second game for anyone else.

No problem. I won't post the clip for that one. The Danganronpa moment will be in next week's groups of polls, so if you change your mind before then let me know.

#12 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:44 AM

I have odd luck with this tournament. First all 3 of my HxH moments were eliminated before actual tournament, I guessed atleast 1 would advance and honestly I still wonder how Dragon Dive got this far. Oh well...

Not only the thing with HxH, literally half of my nominations ended up in 4th patch (or what ever the groups in next week are called). With my luck 4/5 of them are contesting eachother.

On another note this tournament woke up my curiosity for other series like Dungeon Meshi which was a positive surprise, I'm planning on starting it right after work

17.jpg

#13 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 04 October 2018 - 03:30 PM

@Jekkusormi

Yeah, this was a weird batch. Two of my nominations ended up going up against each other in Jitsu wa Watashi wa and Berserk.

And it is great that you will try Dungeon Meshi. It i easily one of my favorite ongoing series.

• Jekkusormi likes this

#14 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:48 AM

My Moomin moments didn't get to Round 2...

Spoiler

4/10 remaining

Edited by Jekkusormi, 19 October 2018 - 08:05 AM.

17.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users