Photo

2018 OneManga Favorite Moments Battle Tournament Discussion, Updates & Schedule Thread

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,817 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:58 PM

Use this thread for discussing the OneManga Favorite Moments Battle (FMB) and asking any questions about the tournament you many have. The tournament schedule will be shown here and any important updates or announcement will be posted in here as well.

Link to the OneManga Favorite Moments Battle Nominations Thread

#2 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:54 PM

You mentioned that we are not using whole fights but how about short ones? Like, 2-3 swings short?

17.jpg

#3 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,817 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 09 August 2018 - 04:09 PM

You mentioned that we are not using whole fights but how about short ones? Like, 2-3 swings short?

Yeah, short fights would be fine to count as one moment. Ones that would be equal to maybe a few pages in a manga or even ones that are most of one chapter and can't be broken down well into multiple moments could be fine. With that rule it was more designed to stop people from nominating things like "Luffy's fight against Lucci" as one moment when it was far too long to be just one I think.

There are other instances where breaking down what counts as a "moment" might be tough and I'll wait until the nominations are in to narrow down the moments more if need be. I was having a talk with beakedbard about the "Strawhats declare war on the WG" moment and if that also includes Robin's "I want to live" moment. The two happen so close together (the anime clip of both happening together is just a few mins) that I think counting them as the same moment would be okay. So we might encounter more things like that.

#4 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 12:48 AM

Looking up for this tournament. Thanks to last one I started reading Shin Angyo Onshi and watching Drifters, wonder if I'll find something interesting this time

17.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users