Photo

2018 OneManga Favorite Moments Battle Tournament Discussion, Updates & Schedule Thread

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:27 PM

So, an OP semi-final?

Not gonna lie, OP sure has its awesome moments, but personally I consider others to be far better. But ok, at the end I guess the biggest fanbase always wins right? :s

#22 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,024 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 November 2018 - 05:25 AM

So, an OP semi-final?

Not gonna lie, OP sure has its awesome moments, but personally I consider others to be far better. But ok, at the end I guess the biggest fanbase always wins right? :s

Well, it is a popularity contest, so... yeah.

But my HxH-nomination is still running, so there's hope ^^

• Raiden likes this

#23 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:09 PM

So the championship poll was between Netero’s last words and suicide and the Going Merry Funeral with the Going Merry winning by one vote. So with that it ends the first moments battle. Kind of an interesting experiment to see the moments people picked and voted for. Not a big surprise OP did so well but it was nice to go back and remember all these big moments across so many series. I enjoyed it.

• Raiden and Jekkusormi like this

#24 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:25 PM

Thanks to this tournament I started 2 new series: Dungeon Meshi and Hisyorys Strongest Disciple Kenichi
  • Shin likes this

17.jpg

#25 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:29 PM

Thanks to this tournament I started 2 new series: Dungeon Meshi and Hisyorys Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Also read HSDK and it has been a great series. I really wonder why I never read all of it sooner. Maybe one of the more enjoyable lead characters I've read in a while in it too.

• Jekkusormi likes this

#26 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 02:17 PM

Also read HSDK and it has been a great series. I really wonder why I never read all of it sooner. Maybe one of the more enjoyable lead characters I've read in a while in it too.

Couldn't agree more since I never read it myself when it was still airing. I'm quite sad that I've had long workdays lately so I couldn't have read more of it :D

I've always wanted to practice martial arts as a hobby and this series boosts the will, but never started because the courses over here so expensive. I actually just realized my workplace offers "sport & culture passes" or what ever they are (X sum of money to use for theathre, cinema, museums, gyms or any sport activity) so I guess now I just have to decide what should I test first

Edited by Jekkusormi, 13 December 2018 - 02:30 PM.

17.jpg

#27 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 December 2018 - 04:39 PM

Couldn't agree more since I never read it myself when it was still airing. I'm quite sad that I've had long workdays lately so I couldn't have read more of it :D

I've always wanted to practice martial arts as a hobby and this series boosts the will, but never started because the courses over here so expensive. I actually just realized my workplace offers "sport & culture passes" or what ever they are (X sum of money to use for theathre, cinema, museums, gyms or any sport activity) so I guess now I just have to decide what should I test first

Yeah, same for me. I think most kids that grew up in the 90s with Power Rangers, TMNT, and 3 Ninjas always wanted to do martial arts in some fashion. There has always been a big draw to it. Tried it as a kid but never stuck with it, so it never works out as you would want, lol. Pretty neat your workplace offers that though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users