55 replies to this topic

#21 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 August 2018 - 02:57 PM

Seems like Straw Hats will spend the arc gradually undermining Kaido's influence in Wano. And because his influence is vast, it will take a while.

Liberating this village is the first step. That's why we are currently dealing with Tama, the sumo guy and Holdem.

Of course it is vast. Kaidou and his army have Wano under a tight grip, not only because they themselfs r a huge threat but also since they have a supporter (Shogun+his forces) who knows the country itself, thus its people and their strength/weaknesses. That gives them a huge advantage especially since they have had a lot of time to manifest their hold over the regions. The facilities, are sure to have countless former Kozouki allies and samurais allied with them as slaves for labour. 

Which is the reason that the entire arc will not be one fight at one place but several in key cities and key facilities. Zoro and the SHs need to get allies for that they need to free and gather those beforehand.

Since this is a huge island for once we know that fame gained in Wano (by defeating headliners and freeing the enslaved) is the way to go, and for that several stepping stones must first be met/challanged.

I guess that Kaidou himself wont be active until the Shogun himself got taken down and thus until most of the samurai have become allies. 

Everything else would somehow undermine the overall strength the yonkou should posess, if they truly are counters to the WG. The current SHs and their current allies should not be enough to fight the yonkous underlings imo.

This repetitiveness during every arc is getting really, really old now, Oda.
Huh? I dont get this, so far this arc imo starts completely different from others. The pace in which things happen is far greater and to me a lot of things dont add up with other arcs. If u count the separation i guess u got a point, but to my memory this only happened twice before and Luffy was only separated from part of the rest for 2 chaps, Sanjis group might actually get some lead to Kaidous/Shoguns structure and we got Robin who seems to  be infiltrating in ways she never did before. Franky also does his own thing, which never happened before to my knowledge and allies like Law got swiftly reintroduced, with possible new allies (Kiku, Hawkins, Swordssmith) already being presented. I dont remember Oda ever having introduced this many characters to engage the Shs this fast.

#22 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:14 PM

I also agree we didn't need half a chapter on the sumo guy, he could have just be OHKO'd and we should have gotten on with the plot. 

there are more interesting things brewing like 

the real power behind the island

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#23 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

ok time for part 7 of "oda actively trying to stop me reading OP" I have never questioned why i am reading a manga as much as i am in this arc, bleach fairy tale FMA HSDK jojo AoT naruto never have i actually wanted to put down a manga, i have a completion complex, once i start something i need to see it through, but i am really having a hard time with OP ever sine this god aweful arc. I am not being dramatic...... this is hard..... FI was god aweful but i knew the good times were on their way, I never minded PH or DR, WCI was bad but i wanted to get on to more OP not put down OP, but this arc is really making me want to put down OP entirely and get on with my life.....

3 weeks ago

editor "hey oda we need a full color cover page for chapter 916"

Oda "shut up i am oda, i will draw one before the release date"

yesterday

Oda "shit i have 10 minuets to draw a full color cover page"

this color page looks like oda let his child draw it. Nami looks like a mess.....her arm looks like it is dislocated, her hips look like we are looking up at nami, (like if she was wearing a shirt we would be looking up it) but her chest clearly shows we are looking straight at her, speaking of her chest, did she get a botched boob job on WCI or something? or did one of her implants rupture when she crash landed on wano? why are her breasts lop sided now? the shading/ light on nami's body implies she is standing up right but for all these ratios to make sense she would have to be contorted in a way that would make a yoga instructor blush....

then of course zoro and usopp get a ton of definition sanji and luffy have zero, chopper appears to be at some type of night island wearing cloths that do NOT go with this beach theme..... speaking of definition robin completely lacks.....w/e finally we have jimbe.....I can only assume that the meat brook is grilling is jimbe. we got 4 octopus but zero fat whale shark fishmen who are supposed to be the 10th member.... I pray i am right and jimbe is the meat on the grill, although i just got used to the idea of someone stronger then sanji and zoro on the crew. ok art critic over

does losing a top knot mean something? to me it means she missed his head....

dude for someone to betray you they first must ally with you.....dont be stupid, i was defending you damn it....

listen random fodder number 7, you are from wano so i will forgive you, but "go flying" is kinda luffy's thing, you may owe him royalties.

ok i give up, was o kiku going to let yokuzuna hit her? was that attack actually too fast for her to dodge? are samuri once again revealed to be roughly fodder marine level?

so.......yokuzuna is commander level? at first it looks like he did good to not get sent flying by luffy, but then you notice luffy was in the air with no footing, and in a real fight it is laughable someone in the air could push someone with a base on the ground....

of course luffy knows how to sumo wrestle.....................god damn..........this whole shitty arc reads like fan fic....... all we need is law and smoker to come down and have a BBQ.....

I was going to ask "how is that roof flying" but then i noticed it doesn't have rocks on it (like the roofs in the town of left overs) clearly that is why it is flying, the town of left overs may be poor and dying of lack of food, but at least their roofs are properly weighted down.

- speaking of that, we never got an explanation on how there was a legitimate flying carpet in WCI........well pile that in the box of unanswered mysteries, like "how did luffy's ID battle ship (without paddles) sail out of the calm belt" and "how did TB get to the GL"

you dont dodge is a sumo fight.... what the hell luffy....

oh good the kozuzukia family was evil, let me guess, in the middle of the night did the king ask for 100m in gold, then run around on a horse shooting flaming arrows at houses only for DD to save the day at the last second? because we have seen this bull shit story line already.............. Please PLEASE, let otama's family be actually evil.

luffy "dont you speak of Otama's family that way they would never do something so horrible"

o tama "actually luffy.......ya they would..... they wanted to destroy wano, they hated wano and its traditions and dreamed of one day wearing jeans like westerners do"

bepo on behalf of everyone who doesn't get your appeal, (mainly just me) please die. nothing would make me happier then never seeing you again, and knowing you died to something a little girl shrugged off.

- should i wonder where bepo got a custom heart pirates themed kimono? have they been on the island that long and that was the best use of his time?

hahahhahahahahahahahahahaha.....hahahahhaha....HA HA HA. Hawkins "you are no match for him" and hawkins is? ya ok keep dreaming.... hawkins the correct course of action and accompanying quote is "for the love of god call kiadou, or call two of the calamities, actually, retrieve jack from the ocean floor and call all 3 of the calamities, get everyone down here now luffy is worth 1.5b holy shit why are you still listening to me call kiadou already"

ok i the real world we call people shrimps and laugh at them for being weak. But for the 100th time, why do they in OP? kizaru/ aokiji/ shanks/ sengoku/ roger/ rey/ mihawk none of these guys are physically imposing. compared to kiadou they look like a new born standing next to the mountain (from game of thrones, halfthor buergson, 1 time worlds strongest man) yet no one ever sees shanks and goes like "lol what is that shrimp going to do to akainu"

seriously what the hell OP, at this point in the manga it should be universally accepted that being a shrimp, or a one armed shrimp in shank's case, doesnt mean a thing...... also there are these things called DF, a 10 year old could be the user of the light fruit and therefore the 9th strongest pirate in the world

wow wow wow there, "strong female swordsman" I think everything about that sentence is wrong, "strong" strong my ass, she took the hair off a guy who had his eyes closed, then she almost got one shot because she stood like a deer in headlights and couldn't move, "female" is also debatable "swordsman" idk have you seen her do anything more impressive then luffy's sword punch? I dont think carrying a sword makes someone a swordsman, if it does guess luffy is now a swordsman also.

welcome to wano, where the murder of a magistrate is news everyone knows about but bounties of infamous pirates are non existent.

the boss of the town? didnt luffy just beat the strongest sumo wrestler in wano? is this like the BM crew who lost a commander and then sent everyone weaker then a commander to beat the commander level opponent?

ok welcome to the 2nd English lesson of the day, to be a rebel you must be allied with the organization you are rebelling against..................if you are not allies you are not rebelling you are attacking...... when Germany attacked France in WW2 Germany didn't rebel against France...... stupid....

"if you dont call your boss none of you are getting out of this alive" shut up zoro, we all know none of them are dying today.....this is OP...

its not "holpig" it is "ho holdem" did you not hear him? there is getting names wrong and there is being a straight up retard, ya i said it, that is what luffy is, the "getting names wrong" bit is funny when luffy is unable to remember the name, but when someone tells him the name, then luffy instantly gets it wrong, that is just stupid..... unless oda is trying to make a "luffy didnt hear him" joke, if that is the case w/e still not funny.....

black eye liner black lips and that leather police hat..........is holdem going for a gay biker look? dude dont try to steal dogtooth's theme

a "soft mouth" is an animal's ability to hold something without damaging it. Golden labs are famous for this, Lions are not...... also how did it growl with a kid in its mouth...... why should i care holdem will be beaten next chapter

oh look, remember when i said the "hold otama hostage" strategy was a BS way to protect hawkins? now holdem is using it!! AWESOME!!!

there is zero suspense, zero, how is everyone not as disappointing as I am? The only thing i have to look forward to from chapter to chapter is the fact that each chapter gets us one chapter closer to the real arc. I didnt care about the hawkins vs luffy fight, i didnt care about the aftermath of cutting of yokuzuna's hair, I sure as hell dont care about who will win the 1.5 billion pirate or the guy with the lion stomach..... This is the most dull arc in the history of manga. say what you want about luffy always getting beat to start an arc out, but at least when he did that then we had a reason to believe there was suspense...........now we are just waiting for an actual enemy to show up and Oda is refusing to let one show up.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#24 BRog

BRog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:42 PM

This repetitiveness during every arc is getting really, really old now, Oda.

Straight up 2/10 chapter.

So they're just suppose to get straight to kaido within the first 10 chapters? lol  what do you want from the man

#25 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,035 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:26 AM

HSDK jojo

You read HSDK? Who do you like?

How far are you on Jojo?

w/e finally we have jimbe.....I can only assume that the meat brook is grilling is jimbe. we got 4 octopus but zero fat whale shark fishmen who are supposed to be the 10th member.... I pray i am right and jimbe is the meat on the grill, although i just got used to the idea of someone stronger then sanji and zoro on the crew.

In case you don't know, Oda said he couldn't draw Jinbe on color page cause there has been some change since the battle vs BM so he doesn't want to spoil that. I suppose Jinbe lost an eye or had big scar or something.

there is zero suspense, zero, how is everyone not as disappointing as I am? The only thing i have to look forward to from chapter to chapter is the fact that each chapter gets us one chapter closer to the real arc. I didnt care about the hawkins vs luffy fight, i didnt care about the aftermath of cutting of yokuzuna's hair, I sure as hell dont care about who will win the 1.5 billion pirate or the guy with the lion stomach..... This is the most dull arc in the history of manga. say what you want about luffy always getting beat to start an arc out, but at least when he did that then we had a reason to believe there was suspense...........now we are just waiting for an actual enemy to show up and Oda is refusing to let one show up.

But if Holdem is secretly strong :lol:

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#26 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:33 AM

You read HSDK? Who do you like?

How far are you on Jojo?

In case you don't know, Oda said he couldn't draw Jinbe on color page cause there has been some change since the battle vs BM so he doesn't want to spoil that. I suppose Jinbe lost an eye or had big scar or something.

But if Holdem is secretly strong :lol:

part 3, just finished it, the Japanese dont seem to realize there is a thin like between biker and homosexual man. see if a man rides a bike and is in a motorcycle club he is a biker, if he is just wearing leather and chains he is probably the latter. cough jotaro cough dogtooth. But i will forgive them, compared to luffy he is a LOT better.

HSDK my favorites were the laughing iron fist, I guess castor for obvious reasons, and ...........sigfried? is that how you say his name? for some reason i keep forgetting these days. the guy whos whole gimmick was he is "immortal" and he just roles with punches to look like he got hit, he was awesome. I only have a few major problems with the manga as a whole.

1- the whole premise of "getting stronger so i can protect mu" is horse shit. mu was already 100 times stronger then him..... Its like, next chapter, if nami says she wants to get strong enough to protect luffy. AND SHE DOES. (after 500+ chapters)

2- the end switch between mu's father and the secret agent............god damn welcome to tired plot town, mu's father cant possible be evil no no, instead he was just posing as a secret agent for 10 years.....

3- the villains were never really that big a threat. hell all the way up to chapter 333 when diago goes down, kenichi's mentors were still effortlessly soloing the shadows. and before the shadows the entire manga had a feel of kids playing hocky in the street. the end fight didnt even seem like a threat because every time the mentors show up the villains get defeated easily. I think the weapons girl had a tough fight once and that was written off as her trying to protect kenichi. If OP were to copy HSDK it would be- roger WB garp and Akainu constantly followed luffy around, and when ever a huge threat shows up, one of them steps in and solos that threat zero diff.

-bonus- I hate hermit, he was a low level loser when he first shows up, and for some reason he stuck around, not berserker, not oden, hermit......awesome.... Vegeta was one of my favorite characters of all time but for some reason every time a manga tries to recreate him they suck at it. gajell from FT sucks, hermit sucked, show me one vegeta knock off that doesn't suck.

but none of those points really take away from the overall story. I just close my eyes every time kenichi talked about protecting the woman who could zero diff him, and the end i read quickly and got over, as for the ever present theme of "mentor shows up and solos bad guys" oh well, the mentors never fought children so kenichi was always free to win or lose on his own.

oh i did not know that, lol losing an eye, this is the curse of luffy, ever since he put that knife under his eye as a child, all his friends are doomed to not have two eyes. Sanji, zoro, now jimbe. if oda could think of an ascetically pleasing way to have nami lose an eye you better believe he would. I am positive if law doesnt betray luffy this arc he will be losing an eye.

Personally I just hope he lose his entire life, i know i just got used to the idea of him being on the crew and i 100% always knew he would be a good addition power wise, I finally came to terms with it, but ok fine kill him off.

lol holdem is actually strong? the dude is a gag character, you can tell who Oda wants to be a strong character and who he doesn't based on their looks. a purposefully goofy looking loser like holdem is going to be nothing more then a clown, a strong looking guy like law or hawkins will be something.

So they're just suppose to get straight to kaido within the first 10 chapters? lol  what do you want from the man

no they dont HAVE TO get straight to kiadou, but typical arc have the main villain establish who he is very quickly. the DR arc DD showed up and effortlessly beat law right away, crocodile started the arc by ending pirates, enel started his arc by judging people all over the island (I guess that counts) lucci started his arc by being right in your face then stomping on luffy.

What i would want from Oda is to start the arc with a real threat............either follow franky and nami's struggles to fight holdem and hawkins, or follow luffy and zoro struggling to fight king (or who ever the number one calamity is) DONT follow luffy and zoro fighting a low level moron, and DONT set up the next chapter as if we are curious what will happen.

"law luffy and zoro whos combined bounty is 2.3 billion are all going up against holdem who is likely worth less then 300m, what will happen next time? stay tuned for another exciting episode of OPZ!!!!!!!"

if i was in charge of the white end of chapter text every chapter would say "how much closer will we get to seeing something actually worth seeing? you will have to read to find out!!!!!" (but i promise only 20 more chapters of this Bull shit, 30 tops)

seriously though, are you actually excited to see how luffy and zoro will stomp on fodder? at the end of last chapter did you actually say to your self "I cant wait to see what happens with yokozuna" no of course not....... For all of WCI's faults, of which there are many, AT LEAST WCI stated the arc in 5th gear.

luffy "oh look adventures in the seducing woods so fun and cooky!!!! OH MY GOD a commander!!!"

this arc it is more like 

oda "hey look luffy is a samuri!!! now he is a sumo wrestler!!!! in 2 chapters i will make him a ninja my readers will love it!!!"

editor "dude you know you are not making a cover arc right? this is the actual manga there needs to be suspense or something to keep the readers coming back"

i predict this volume will be the lowest selling in the history of OP.

"hey dude, are you going to get that volume where luffy spent 10 chapters playing Japanese?"

"no i am going to get a good one"

seriously what about the past 10 chapters would make anyone want to buy them in a set? I joke about fan service seeing luffy as a samurai/sumo but we already have color pages of that.....

Edited by captain kidd, 01 September 2018 - 07:16 AM.

banner.png

#27 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:51 AM

Not a bad chapter, we've got a great panel with Luffy, Zorro and Kiku. I really liked the art in this chapter.
Just as I was thinking about taking a break and read this arc in bulk, Oda goes on a hiatus again. Guess l'll wait 3 more weeks counting the possible hiatuses. 
It's irritating really but it can't be helped thinking what the mangaka (even Oda's or Kubo's level) need to take a break.

I really like the pacing and genuinely think Dressrossa was worse in this aspect. DR had way, way too many characters introduced

(albeit there was a tournament going on).
The only problem with this arc for me is that it focuses on Tama and Kiku through Zorro and Luffy's perspective.
I get that they'll play a big part in this arc but l'd just like to get to know them through the other strawhats as well.... Meh

We have so many interesting things going and l hope Oda dwelves into them and doesn't make us wait like he did in DR.
I don't remember when we got information about DD's status in the WG, his real goals etc but those were delivered at a point when most readers grew tired of this arc.
It's way too soon to judge in my opinion, I usually wait untill the introduction of most big players. 

l hope we'll get some minimum things from this arc such as
- Interesting opponents (it's been a loooong time since we had interesting antagonists of Crocodile's level) 
- A power up/ new sword for Zorro and a samurai battle more epic than the one in Thriller Bark
- A tag team of Kidd, Luffy and Law against Kaido, Drake and Hawkins.
- Panel time for the rest of the strawhat crew that's been on the island (especially Robin who doesn't get to shine)

As far as the sumo guy is concerned (Ukushina is it? Meh), i remember people whining that we didn't get to see him fight and that he was off-paneled. 
And now people are complaining that his battle should be shorter.... Make up your mind!
I want to see Bepo fighting for real and l think Oda is building up to that moment. He had him being a gag character but l bet he'll be strong. He's Law's Zorro, that should be something. 
Just a final thought, Holdem may have seemed goofy in his introduction but the panel with him on top of the destroyed building was good. I hope he puts up a decent fight.
He's also holding a sword. 

Edited by Blackody, 01 September 2018 - 10:51 AM.

Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#28 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:12 PM

I felt the sumo stuff was unneeded.  I just want to get to the good stuff with the Headliners/Supernova, Robin, and Kaido.

Hawkins clearly has something going on and he probably thinks Luffy and Zoro are gonna ruin it lol.

Boring chapter, most of this was wasted on on a boring sumo guy.

I doubt if next chapter will be any better, for unless Zoro and Luffy get nerfed. They both should easily beat both Hawkins and Holdem, neither of whom have looked all that impressive tbh.

Nah.

We just saw Hawkins pressure Zoro and walk away unscathed.

Edited by Ajh77, 01 September 2018 - 11:12 PM.

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#29 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:37 AM

I felt the sumo stuff was unneeded.  I just want to get to the good stuff with the Headliners/Supernova, Robin, and Kaido.

Hawkins clearly has something going on and he probably thinks Luffy and Zoro are gonna ruin it lol.

Nah.

We just saw Hawkins pressure Zoro and walk away unscathed.

You ignore the fact that Hawkins lost two of his eleven lives against Zoro in their little skirmish earlier.

I would hardly call that walking out unscathed.

#30 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,035 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 03:34 AM

You ignore the fact that Hawkins lost two of his eleven lives against Zoro in their little skirmish earlier.

And you ignore context. Zolo blindsided him first so it really was just 1 out of 11 lives which is still very safe, not to mention Hawkins's attitude. If it was that crucial, he wouldn't just look back and calmly said ''as expected of you''. Clearly he doesn't care much that he just lost 1 stand-in doll. Same goes for when he lost the 2nd.

Besides, he never said he only had 11 lives (his dialogue was just speaking an example) and even if he only had that many at a time, for all we know it's super easy to replace them.

And he literally was unscathed. It is his DF power, of course he can use it.

#31 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:11 AM

And you ignore context. Zolo blindsided him first so it really was just 1 out of 11 lives which is still very safe, not to mention Hawkins's attitude. If it was that crucial, he wouldn't just look back and calmly said ''as expected of you''. Clearly he doesn't care much that he just lost 1 stand-in doll. Same goes for when he lost the 2nd.

Besides, he never said he only had 11 lives (his dialogue was just speaking an example) and even if he only had that many at a time, for all we know it's super easy to replace them.

And he literally was unscathed. It is his DF power, of course he can use it.

Why would Hawkins mention that he had 10 dolls then? I assume that there must be a limit to the amount of dolls his df can create for him. That's why I think he has 11 lives in total, his 10 dolls and his real true body.

I personally don't think much of his fighting style tbh. Hawkins made no real attempt to try to dodge or block the hit that Zoro did to take out his first life. His second life got destroyed when he drew the wrong tarot card trying that to boost up that demon thing's attack power.

Hawkins shouldn't have wasted two of his lives like they are like cheap candy. Think of it like a videogame, where you only have a limited amount of health or energy to take out the boss to win the game. Most smart gamers would try to conserve thier energy or lives as long as possible to make winning easier. Stupid move by him imo.

Hawkins is trash, the guy is nothing without having to resort to voodoo and cheap parlour tricks and dirty tactics like kidnapping kids like Tama.

#32 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:39 AM

Why would Hawkins mention that he had 10 dolls then? I assume that there must be a limit to the amount of dolls his df can create for him. That's why I think he has 11 lives in total, his 10 dolls and his real true body.

That was 2y ago. For all we know he could have increased that number  tenfold. And we still don't know is strength/durability of a dolls equal to a strength/durability of a person it was created from or it is  equal to Hawkins strength/durability.

I would bet that it equals strength of person it was created from, so Zoro doll should be able to tank a lot more than just some fodder doll. Imagine Kaido or BM doll, Hawk would be unbeatable.

It connects to my theory of a soul link between BM and Kaido. Kaido was badly injured during LOCKS period and captain ordered BM to save Kaido, and as result Kaido is 'immortal' as long as BM is alive, so if Hawk gets material for his doll of Kaido, we would have unbeatable BM-Kaido-Hawk, and to beat them, SH would need to deal with BM first. Then again there is possibility that Hawk can torture/kill those that from whom he created dolls.

For me that is the only interesting part of this arc.

Edited by D.Hyuga, 02 September 2018 - 05:39 AM.

#33 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:41 AM

That was 2y ago.

No, it wasn't. Explain his statement in chapter 913 then, which is clearly after the timeskip:

https://www.mangapan...one-piece/913/7

It seems to me from his words, that Hawkins hasn't apparently increased the amount of dolls from 10 that he can make from his df, post timeskip.

#34 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:41 AM

3........everyone says 2, math isnt THAT hard guys....

banner.png

#35 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,882 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:44 AM

3........everyone says 2, math isnt THAT hard guys....

Where did he lose the third doll??

All I know for cert is that Hawkins lost two, one when Zoro hit him and the second doll got destroyed when he unsuccessfully tried to boost that thing up with his cards.

#36 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,035 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:54 AM

No, it wasn't. Explain his statement in chapter 913 then, which is clearly after the timeskip:

https://www.mangapan...one-piece/913/7

It seems to me from his words, that Hawkins hasn't apparently increased the amount of dolls from 10 that he can make from his df, post timeskip.

Why would Hawkins mention that he had 10 dolls then?

I answered you in the same post...

Or at best that means at the time he had 10 lives, but it doesn't mean he couldn't have more.

I personally don't think much of his fighting style tbh. Hawkins made no real attempt to try to dodge or block the hit that Zoro did to take out his first life. His second life got destroyed when he drew the wrong tarot card trying that to boost up that demon thing's attack power.

Hawkins shouldn't have wasted two of his lives like they are like cheap candy. Think of it like a videogame, where you only have a limited amount of health or energy to take out the boss to win the game. Most smart gamers would try to conserve thier energy or lives as long as possible to make winning easier. Stupid move by him imo.

Why don't you flip your perspective and think precisely there's nothing for him to be worried about that he could be that lazy to dodge and carefree to waste 2 of his dolls?

Sure, he could have been even more careful but so? This One Piece manga isn't filled with intelligent people anw. Your criticism of him so far boils down to ''he's not perfect'', which is hardly a reason to say he's weaker than LuZo...well, especially when it comes to LuZo...

Hawkins is trash, the guy is nothing without having to resort to voodoo and cheap parlour tricks and dirty tactics like kidnapping kids like Tama.

He hasn't even bothered fighting by himself yet and you declare he is nothing without resorting to other means? More like LuZo wasn't threatening enough to him. Back when Kizaru was there, he chose to transform into giant voodoo doll LOL

#37 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:22 AM

I've read you say this before and I cant help but wonder: where was it said Hawkins ordered kidnapping Tama?

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#38 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:42 AM

Where did he lose the third doll??

All I know for cert is that Hawkins lost two, one when Zoro hit him and the second doll got destroyed when he unsuccessfully tried to boost that thing up with his cards.

for real? I hate every minuet...page.... of this arc and I remember the time hawkins drew a card to chase down zoro/luffy and the card was the "friendly fire" card, which caused fodder to attack another fodder losing one of hawkins dolls.

wasnt from an attack but i think we can both agree if it wasnt for zoro hawkins wouldn't of drawn that card losing another doll

banner.png

#39 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

We both know what I mean by saying Hawkins walked out unscathed.  You don't need to be obtuse.

We saw what happened with Hawkins and Zoro's skirmish.  I'm not saying Zoro can't beat Hawkins but I don't think he can beat him "easily", as you said.

Hawkins is a formidable opponent.

Edited by Ajh77, 02 September 2018 - 12:36 PM.

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#40 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,461 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:41 PM

We both know what I mean by saying Hawkins walked out unscathed.  You don't need to be obtuse.

We saw what happened with Hawkins and Zoro's skirmish.  I'm not saying Zoro can't beat Hawkins but I don't think he can beat him "easily", as you said.

Hawkins is a formidable opponent.

hawkins is a gag character. what about what you saw says "formidable opponent"?

was it the small amount of nails that hit zoro? 

banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users