Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:16 AM

It seems to me from his words, that Hawkins hasn't apparently increased the amount of dolls from 10 that he can make from his df, post timeskip.

I don't think he even said he was limited to ten lives before the timeskip. If I not mistaken, he said ten lives aren't enough to deal with an Admiral. While that implies he only had ten lives then, it doesn't mean he couldn't have gotten more.

#42 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:36 AM

I don't think he even said he was limited to ten lives before the timeskip. If I not mistaken, he said ten lives aren't enough to deal with an Admiral. While that implies he only had ten lives then, it doesn't mean he couldn't have gotten more.

that is what I have been saying from day one. it kinda implies he can have more then 10 lives.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#43 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:53 AM

I guess we might have a 3 on 3 with Hawkins, Holdem, and Speed (who is somewhere in this town) vs Luffy, Zoro, and Law. On surface this seems one sided towards the latter group but we still don't know how Hawkins powers work or anything about the abilities of Speed (I don't expect much from Holdem though).

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#44 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:46 AM

If he can make several Straw Stands, each with physical strength that can clearly pressure Zoro then...pretty good.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#45 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:38 AM

So why exactly is Robin's skirt falling down on that cover page? 

Am I the only one who cracke up at call the fire fighters like I can't see that as profession there   :laugh:

Edited by Miss Coquine, 04 September 2018 - 05:44 AM.

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#46 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

This was one boring chapter.

fcfe04fad68d4aafcb09c9c667b48dcf.jpeg

"We are not your kind."

#47 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:36 PM

So why exactly is Robin's skirt falling down on that cover page?

Tease fanservice, I guess. Gotta show a tiny little bit of butt crack or cheek.

It's not the first time though. Oda very rarely (or is it never) gives Robin full bikini look in recent color pages (by recent I mean the last 4-5 years). Always has a skirt or something that blocks part of her body...maybe Oda thinks of Robin as more reserved than Nami to certain extent?

• Miss Coquine likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#48 raptor13

raptor13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:58 PM

Law looked so beautiful, didn't he @trafalgarlawisop ?

Anyways Law will most likely save the girl with his room ability 

hopefully, we get some good scenes with him and Zoro.

Where is Sanji? I just see the monster trio.

Next Nakama ballot:

Spoiler

#49 DearMe

DearMe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationAdmiring Nyanko~~~

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:11 AM

A question.

If Hawkins makes a Kaidou-doll.

Will that make Kaidou vulnerable

or will that make Hawlings invulnerable?

#50 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:25 AM

A question.

If Hawkins makes a Kaidou-doll.

I would guess the latter but maybe he can only make dolls of those who are weaker than him.  We also don't know what it takes for him to make the dolls, so that could play a major part in being unable to make a Kaidou doll.

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#51 DearMe

DearMe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationAdmiring Nyanko~~~

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:20 PM

I would guess the latter but maybe he can only make dolls of those who are weaker than him.  We also don't know what it takes for him to make the dolls, so that could play a major part in being unable to make a Kaidou doll.

It could be a contract. All Hawkings gang-members seem to be aware of his ability and are not afraid of taking the damage. So Hawking must have made an agreement of some kind with them.. I am just wondering what if could make a doll-contract with anyone. Someone like Big-mom or Kaudou. These guys are nearly indestructible. I am surprised that Hawking didn't form this contract already with Kaidou, given the fact that he is under Kaido's wing anyway. It means that both sides must be in agreement.  Or maybe Hawking needs to place a hex-bag into a person't pocket, like witches in Supernatural TV-show do.

#52 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:29 PM

It could be a contract. All Hawkings gang-members seem to be aware of his ability and are not afraid of taking the damage. So Hawking must have made an agreement of some kind with them.. I am just wondering what if could make a doll-contract with anyone. Someone like Big-mom or Kaudou. These guys are nearly indestructible. I am surprised that Hawking didn't form this contract already with Kaidou, given the fact that he is under Kaido's wing anyway. It means that both sides must be in agreement. Or maybe Hawking needs to place a hex-bag into a person't pocket, like witches in Supernatural TV-show do.

Maybe he already did it with Kaido. And that's why he's so carefree, bc his last doll standing is Kaido's so he knows he will be nearly inmortal when he reaches that point. And is not using it yet bc he has a plan and this is a part of it. He might have done it without kaido knowing it and he'll reveal it in the final fight against him
  • DearMe likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#53 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:51 PM

It could be a contract. All Hawkings gang-members seem to be aware of his ability and are not afraid of taking the damage. So Hawking must have made an agreement of some kind with them.. I am just wondering what if could make a doll-contract with anyone. Someone like Big-mom or Kaudou. These guys are nearly indestructible. I am surprised that Hawking didn't form this contract already with Kaidou, given the fact that he is under Kaido's wing anyway. It means that both sides must be in agreement.  Or maybe Hawking needs to place a hex-bag into a person't pocket, like witches in Supernatural TV-show do.

I actually thought about Hawkins using a Kaidou doll on Luffy and Zoro to test them but that skirmish was nothing like I imagined. :P

Maybe he already did it with Kaido. And that's why he's so carefree, bc his last doll standing is Kaido's so he knows he will be nearly inmortal when he reaches that point. And is not using it yet bc he has a plan and this is a part of it. He might have done it without kaido knowing it and he'll reveal it in the final fight against him

That would be interesting.  I would also fully expect Kaidou to still obliterate Hawkins regardless lol.   I have doubts about Hawkins managing to get a Kaidou doll though.

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#54 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2018 - 06:57 AM

I doubt that the doll has the same physical stats then the original, moreover Kaidou most likely also is a haki monster, which might be a huge part of his overall power and i doubt that Haki can be transfered into the dolls. 

I believe the reason why Hawkins is with Kaidou now, is simply that he was faced with a decision, either get imprisoned and defeated, with mayhaps permanent results (i.e. Kidd loosing an arm vs BMpirates), get severely beaten or become and underling. I mean i would claim being an underling if those r my options ;) 

Honestly it would be bad if Kaidou just would be this stupid. I mean ok he may have a deathwish in generel, but i would claim he wants to see the ultimate war through first in order to have some battle fun then him wishing to die immidieatly. BTW what would Hawkins stop from already killing Kaidou if he has him as a doll already?  

#55 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:02 PM

I doubt that the doll has the same physical stats then the original, moreover Kaidou most likely also is a haki monster, which might be a huge part of his overall power and i doubt that Haki can be transfered into the dolls.

Woodoo dolls and that big strawman are 2 separate things. What matters with woodoo dolls is durability of victim, and so if Kaido can't be killed neither should be Hawk. For doll to be created you need specimen of a designated target, blood, hair, nails...

#56 raptor13

raptor13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:44 PM

It could also have a weakening effect.  It seems all the 'dolls' are literally being one shot, which means the same would apply to big mom or kaidou.  Otherwise, having a power like that and surrounding yourself with one shot wonders seems like a complete waste of the power.  Atm that seems like the only logical balance to an otherwise seemingly broken df. 

Next Nakama ballot:

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users