• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:23 AM

I did say: "which i believe", thus making it clear that it is nothing but an opinion i have, which has not yet been proven or disproven, i think.

And baseless belief is what I'm saying

U realise that that part is adressed in @Tale 's quote, dont u?

I Simply did not want to adress it at that stage, thus doing it twice, i pretty much do so in my answer to said poster...

...I'm talking what that means for the part you quoted from me, not its veracity LOL

And you did do it twice, talking about how magma is stopped as if against a shield

since the splash is clearly armored againt in a far greater area than the swords conecting surface has face. Thus the magma fist, if only the sword was the reason for the defense would have simply moved forward and still hit shanks but in contrast it was completely stopped and not only on the connecting face between magma and sword.

Which doesn't address my question about its effectiveness. It just explains you think CoA can be like a barrier.

And no i dont challange the fact that CoA has not been shown to overcome all DF abilites....

Didn't say you did. Not sure why you felt the need to clarify such thing.

i dont see why Akainu would not let his element continue the attack beyond the range his arm has, if he has the option of doing so (would be stupid somehow)

already said

Not to mention Shanks blocked Akainu out of surprise so it's not like Akainu would have known beforehand to manipulate his magma accordingly.

Moreover magma aint completely solid, its a mix between fluid metal/elements (because of high temperature) and solid ones.

So ur argument with wood is not helping imo since wood is "completely" solid on the outside face (if u discount the water within, which has little effect on its overall solid features, when compared to magma).

Again, already said

And what? CoA lets you hit Logia as if they are solid.

http://mangaseeonlin...575-page-5.html Not only with Shanks but also with Marco u see how Akainus magma splashes around, thus if not defended against with Haki it would DEFINATELY continue its path

And the part with being caught of guard is not valid enough for me too (in the sense we r discussing here) since just like with Shanks he was also caught of guard by Marco yet the magma still splashed.

...His attack vs Marco isn't the giant fist he did vs Shanks...it already had fluid, splashing magma before it hit Marco...

Also he was just attacked by Marco and Vista before so not the same caught off-guard as vs Shanks''

He even talks about armor.

Because that's what CoA is like? Hardening is not like an armor? O__o He was comparing their usefulness

That would also explain why Sentomaru and the Boa sisters had a "visual shield" that was greater than the point the attack Luffy used connected to, just as Ray-sans shield is greater than his hand

That's just pre-TS visual representation. Oda found Hardening post-TS or maybe a retcon. And that visual representation is exactly what I said: impact. It doesn't mean a shield. It's not just One Piece but in other manga, too. It's just a universal manga thing like sfx, spark near head that means the characters notice something and stuffs

sry but i am a bit confused with the coloured part, since i am unsure what exactly u try to point out with this.

If Hardening cannot block then why making a shield is any different? Hardening is also like an armor that should prevent the element to come into contact with your body in the first place but it didn't.

Which is why the question is whether Hardening cancels Hardening or CoA is useless period vs elements' properties. Whether it's in the form of armor or shield is not the point.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#22 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:23 PM

I have seen that arrangement a few times before here, or i have seen someone use that logic and i just didn't correct them (or i did and they didn't care)

I think it is clear there is no "shield CoA" it was just an older version of how Oda drew hardening. instead of the limbs turning black that we now see Oda would make the attacks appear as if they dissipate before they hit the hands of the blockers. This was kinda cool to see, it was awesome to see the first time someone effortlessly blocked luffy's attacks, and seeing the admirals block an earth quake just by holding their hands out. (California could use those guys)

BUT the old visual representation had a few problems......4 problems to be specific

1- it took up a lot of space, you had to have a big enough panel to have room to show the effects of the "shield" looking nonsense oda was drawling (this is a petty reason, the others are better)

2- it may get confused with other effects. See we were lucky, flying slashes were a thing back in chapter 270ish, but it took until vergo and his bamboo for a flying physical attack, so at the time of these "shields" there wasn't too much nonsense flying around the OP pages, but now there are flying physical attacks, who knows what else we will see but there will surely be tons of other attacks that can get confused with the older haki look. how would this even look on swords?

3-  how do we know when it failed? we have seen a few times when luffy or law hit through someone's haki, what could the older "shield" version look like when the haki fails? would oda have to draw the "shield" with a crack in it? or would luffy just be punching through an imaginary "shield". I said in the beginning that the "shield" look was created by the impact of the attack crashing against their haki, the force of the blow doesnt hit their body because oda wants to make it clear it was this invisible armor of haki that protected the people and not their insane durability (if he didnt do that it would just look like everyone knew CP9's "tekkai" move and haki would be even harder to notice) SO..... if the effect is created by the attack failing, if an attack succeeded then there would be no effect? and we would just be wondering why akainu didnt feel the need to use haki to block an attack?

4- this only works for defense, how do we know when someone is using it in offense? MORE effects? would all OP fights just turn into fantastic interactions between effects???? or would this be like awakening and we will only ever get to see one awakened df user per fight (if there are two we would need to wonder if one can transform the other's stuff) one haki user per fight isn't possible really..... unless luffy never fights kiadou. remember back in the wb war, the only way we ever knew someone was using haki was when another person told us. akainu had to compeletly break character and yell "ahh, haki users, this is getting tough" (lol like the WB he fought twice wasnt a haki user) and when aokiji was stabbed the random fodder had to tell us "lol wb used haki, aokiji is dead". TO THIS DAY, we still do not know if kizaru used haki to kick luffy because none of the fodder had the good sense to tell us readers.......ya luffy bleed......but luffy was covered in blood, kizaru could of just knocked blood off luffy's already badly bleeding body with a harmless kick.

no in a rare showing of support for Oda i agree with him retconning the old "shield" visuals and replacing CoA's visual representation with black shading. Oda already doesnt like drawling fight scenes........i am glad he doesn't have to draw 1000 extra lines per punch for these effects.

although..............if we still used the old visuals there wouldn't be any cosmetic haki on luffy's G4...........................forget everything i said we need to go back to the old system...............

• PunkHazard likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#23 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:33 AM

The cards of Admirals will come out next month. Hopefully there will be some interesting info instead of a bunch of ''???'' mark on their profiles.

• KUROkami likes this

#24 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:50 AM

Akainu is confirmed to have Color of Plot-convenience. Well, not matters much since he has zero feat in it LOL

#25 Marche

Marche

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

Are there any information about Hancock?

Gray and Lluvia  :valentine:  :hug3: 

3PtA6Vm.gif

#26 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:19 PM

@captain kidd  I remember you used to say Shanks's sword could just be a very good sword to block the magma. Now that's canon...

:o :o :o

Nostradamus indeed...

Found your post (post #55)

Please make the prediction of how Enel-sama comes back and beat...whoever to show post-TSEnel is super God-like! That will come true!!!

Edited by Fulmine, 17 October 2018 - 12:21 PM.

• captain kidd likes this

#27 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:32 AM

Holy mother, Shakky is 64, only 4 years younger than BM...

Link for 2nd set of databook

3rd set is released in 1-2 days. Some spoilers are:

-Nami's hometown is called Oykot (Tokyo backwards?)

-Shiliew's sword is called Thunderstorm...Shiliew of the Rain...Enel's follower confirmed!

#28 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,930 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:28 AM

whats the point of showing us wanted posters with unkown head price :<_<:

Rayleigh Shakky Mihawk on one page. Family? Likely!

Edited by Enbima, 01 November 2018 - 06:30 AM.

• Tale likes this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#29 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2018 - 01:29 PM

Mihawk got no worthy challangers  :aww:

Even a yonkou Shanks aint enough to be a called a worthy opponent, he waits for a stronger one to challange him  :perv:

Strangly no CoC at all? Or is it simply too weak and is dormant like with Luffy pre TS? Cant see anyone of such caliber not to be able to control,let alone have CoC, the margin might be a big difference but none at all?

Future sight Mihawk confirmed?

Bonney:

Always like when infos about her r  released, she is simply great! I wonder now whether she will have a "bloodline/heritage" skill for the age thing. Cant really see it, but well would be a nice twist, since for the first time other than a D., someone special would emerge. Although was there not a character who got some sort of ability which did not derive from a DF? 

Hawkins:

pretty much a contrast to Luffy.

Kid:

Nice he even aims to become the most violent! Bartos EOS opponent confirmed.

Drake:

Maybe the thing  he knows is about an ancient weapon the marines have hidden or  even about IM-sama?

#30 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:12 AM

whats the point of showing us wanted posters with unkown head price :<_<:

Rayleigh Shakky Mihawk on one page. Family? Likely!

BM didn't even get her bounty revealed in her own arc LOL Oda with his teasing...must have learned from Kubo

Edited by Fulmine, 02 November 2018 - 03:12 AM.

#31 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:20 PM

Did WB ever get his revealed ? I don’t remember , also , who do you think will have the heights bounty out of the 4

#32 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:19 PM

We have translations for Kizaru, Akainu and Shiryuu's cards.

Kizaru:

Always carries out his duties in an aloof manner
He who manipulates light, the marines fastest and third admiral!!

A light man who consumed the pika pika no mi - Light fruit
Kizaru can turn his body to light and can spam attacks at light speed.
Although Kizaru boasts overwhelming speed he speaks at a very comfortable/steady tone.
After observing Sakazuki’s “ruthless and thorough justice” and that which opposes it Kuzan’s “extremely laid-back/lazy justice”, he came up with his own “Not gonna use either justice” which gives him the most freedom and comfort. He adheres to instructions and carry’s out justice at his own pace.

He releases an infinite number of light bullets frontwards. It’s very efficient for blinding and attacking a large amount of enemies at once.

His ability is very effective for both evasion and movement, so it’s impossible to grasp even a single of his movements without being a proficient Haki user.

Japanese mythological theodicy:
It seems the origin of the name of the technique that Kizaru uses (天叢雲剣 - something sword..lolz..I’m shit at translating technique names) is from the so called three treasures that the the god that governs the sun “goddess amaterasu” bestowed.

-> Character Memo
The actor “takanaka kunie” is the model for Kizaru’s design so at the time of initial character designs, his design was already completed fro the most part. The character designs for his childhood version, his sex change version and even his characteristic drooping eyes have not been changed.

-> History
Before 32 -> joins the marines
Before 12 -> imprisons arlong
Before ?? -> gets promoted to marine admiral
Before 02 -> engages in combat with rayleigh on shabondy.
Before 02 -> participates in the war of the best

-> Character Bio
Name: Kizaru
Devil Fruit: Pika Pika no Mi - Light Fruit
Haki: Armament, Observation
Affiliate Ship: No entry
Birthday: November 23rd
Height: 302cm
Constellation: Sagittarius
Blood Type: XF
Place of Origin: North Blue
Favourite Di

Shiryo/Shillew:

The ex-Chief Jailer that enjoys the thrill of manslaughter and betrayed “Justice”!!!

Shortly before the the outbreak of the war of the best, Shiryu was the Chief Jailer at Impel Down, and together with Megellan were often referred to as the "Impel down duo". His love for torture was considered to a problem, so he was relieved of his duties and was imprisoned in Level 6.

He was let out of his cage to suppress Luffy and the others who were plotting to escape Impel down but he rebelled soon after. He became a subordinate of Blackbeard, and switched over to being a pirate…!!!

After Blackbeard became a yonkou, as a central figure in the crew, Shiryu was assigned the role of fleet no 2’s captain.

At the moment he sheaths his beloved blade, he had already executed his fellow jailer comrades.

To not ever get reprimanded for his urge to kill, he’s been waiting on and hoping for the arrival of a big shot that would provide him with an ideal environment where he can freely trample upon and crush others.

He put a stop to all communications to Magellan. Even to Shiryu himself, Magellan is an existence to be feared.

After two years, he has acclimatised with the black beard pirates to the point where he was granted his own fleet.

Before ?? -> became the Chief Jailer of Impel Down
Before 02 -> he was confined in Level 6
Before 02 -> he became a member of the black beard pirates
Before 00 -> he was assigned the post of fleet no 2’s captain.

-> Character Bio
Name: Shiryu of the Rain
Affiliate Ship: The bell of the beck
Birthday: June 11th
Height: 340cm
Constellation: Gemini
Blood type: X
Place of Origin: Grand line
Favourite Dish: Beef Stake (Rare)

Translation by @Puck_Owns_All

Akainu:

Hate evil and thoroughly burn it all up to ash!!
The New fleet admiral that wields the power of magma!!

Chief of the marines that is unforgiving to any and all kinds of evil.

Regardless of whether they are allies or even regular members of society, he will take extreme measures to purge any and everyone that turns their back to his way of justice or has a has a tendency for evil. There are some who refuse to conform and are extremely dissatisfied with his way of justice, but by way of installing fear with his immense power and his meticulous beliefs, he holds marines together. Even amongst devil fruits, the ability to actually manipulate magma boasts the highest offensive capability.

Akainu is the perpetrator that dealt Ace the final blow and left an injury on Luffy’s body.

If it’s for the purpose of upholding the trust and the prestige of the marines, he’s a man that would snap at even the gorosei.

-> The Mobility of Magma
*The magma body can melt all impediments/obstacles and move through them.
*By erupting manga, if for just a short while, even flight is possible.

-> Gallery Memo
In his character designs, compared to his actual design, Sakazuki gives of an impression of being younger. However his sharp and powerful gaze is recurrent with all his designs.

-> History
Before 32 -> joins the marines
Before 22 -> participates in the buster call on ohara
Before ?? -> gets promoted to marine admiral
Before 02 -> participates and fights in the war of the best
Before 02 -> fights kuzan in a duel and wins
Before 02 -> gets promoted to marine fleet admiral

-> Character Bio
Name: Akainu
Devil Fruit: Magu Magu no mi - Magma fruit
Haki: Armament, Observation
Affiliated Ship: no entry
Height: 306cm
Constellation: Lion
Blood Type: F
Place of Origin: North Blue

Translation by @Puck_Owns_All

Edited by Tale, 02 November 2018 - 04:21 PM.

• Oben, Fulmine, PunkHazard and 2 others like this

#33 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,008 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:07 PM

None of this is new except Shiliew's stats, right?

#34 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 04:46 AM

None of this is new except Shiliew's stats, right?

We didn't know Admirals' height, favorite food, hometown and blood type before. And then at least it's confirmed Akainu and Kizaru have CoO.

It seems Aokiji is the shortest. DD is 305cm and he's kinda bigger than Aokiji by a good 20cm. But then the Admirals are quite equal in height in MFWar. Oda's sucking size&perspective strikes again.

After observing Sakazuki’s “ruthless and thorough justice” and that which opposes it Kuzan’s “extremely laid-back/lazy justice”, he came up with his own “Not gonna use either justice” which gives him the most freedom and comfort. He adheres to instructions and carry’s out justice at his own pace.

LMAO

so it’s impossible to grasp even a single of his movements without being a proficient Haki user.

Proficient CoO only lets you grasp some of his movement. Rayleigh and Katakuri's CoO must be the baseline.

Even amongst devil fruits, the ability to actually manipulate magma boasts the highest offensive capability.

Holy shit! More than WB's Gura?

And WTF? Both Akainu and Kizaru are from North Blue? Montblanc, X Drake, Law, Basil Hawkins are also from North Blue. DD made it his place of operation for a while, too. North Blue for best Blue. Why Vinsmokes suck  so bad when they are from there?

#35 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 03 November 2018 - 04:04 PM

Holy shit! More than WB's Gura?

I've read comments which said the correct translation doesn't exclude it having offensive power equal to another DF as long as one considered it to be at the peak of DF offensive power. I don't know if they're right, but at worst it is equal to the Gura (which is still incredible).

Edited by Tale, 03 November 2018 - 04:05 PM.

#36 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:20 AM

I've read comments which said the correct translation doesn't exclude it having offensive power equal to another DF as long as one considered it to be at the peak of DF offensive power. I don't know if they're right, but at worst it is equal to the Gura (which is still incredible).

Admirals holding back in MF confirmed. They don't want to destroy the world LOL

Or I guess Oda distinguishes between offensive power in 1vs1 and AoE of Gura fruit.

#37 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 04 November 2018 - 12:45 PM

Or I guess Oda distinguishes between offensive power in 1vs1 and AoE of Gura fruit.

I honestly don’t even get how to can be equal to the Gura Gura..from what we’ve seen of it at MF ,WB could of done a lot more damage had they not been there for a rescue mission..heck , he busted up the whole island even though he was on said rescue mission lol

#38 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:31 PM

Quake fruit is blockable easily, admiral proved that, and power of quake fruit used on powerful individuals is not impressive.

Unless BB shows continuous quake attack, all fruits with prolonged effects are better 1on1, lava/magma, poison and so on.

#39 noriyuk1

noriyuk1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, maybe because if they went all out they would destroy everything. Two of them were enough to destroy Punk Hazard. Kizaru could destroy Shabaondy easily, right?

#40 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:18 AM

I honestly don’t even get how to can be equal to the Gura Gura..from what we’ve seen of it at MF ,WB could of done a lot more damage had they not been there for a rescue mission..heck , he busted up the whole island even though he was on said rescue mission lol

That's what holding back means.

You talk like Admirals wanted to bust MF...That's their base of operation and HQ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users