#41 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:19 AM

That's what holding back means.

You talk like Admirals wanted to bust MF...That's their base of operation and HQ...

I get it....
Personally don’t agree with magma fruit being the most destructive but I guess it’s needed for hype

#42 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:01 PM

I've read comments which said the correct translation doesn't exclude it having offensive power equal to another DF as long as one considered it to be at the peak of DF offensive power. I don't know if they're right, but at worst it is equal to the Gura (which is still incredible).

Wow..... well i have a few comments on this.
1st- this shouldnt.....be a surprise? it was kinda hinted at in MF where akainu stopped wb's quake slash with a stomp but more impressively he clashed with WB's quake punch using just a magma fist. So this reveal isnt out of no where...but I always thought that was akainu's own physical strength clashing with the quake fruit i didnt realize oda intended that to be the magma itself, molten rock isnt something you would think can stand up to earth quakes.

2nd- well the quake fruit is the strongest paramicum, i always said from day one that means that every logia could potentially be stronger then it (and every zoan lol not likely though) so it is possible..... the darkness fruit was said to be the strongest, BUT i have said in the past, i think that refers to the strength of the fruits abilities not the over all stats of the fruit. Because if you look at the darkness fruit.....it isnt the best fruit.... not by a long shot. It offers some defense however we dont know how that defense will interact with haki, it offers no direct offense, and it has a touch only sea stone effect. So i think by strongest oda actually ment its pull is the strongest, no df can beat it, for example enel/kizaru cant put run it, kuma cant repel away from it, just like a black hole it pulls all things in and nothing in OP can eacape. IF that is the case, then the title of best offensive logia is still up for grabs, which as we all know kizaru should take.... but i guess personally i like akainu to have it better.....
(Side note, if BB was able to use his darkness like blades to "cut" everything it touches, then the darkness fruit would be the best hands down)

3rd- WHY?!?! Why magma? Oda have you ever seen magma in real life? You understand magma isnt nearly as bad as you seem to think it is? Listen, personally this reveal (or outrageous hyperbola) is a win for me, i like akainu. But i still cant get over how much oda loves magma. It was semi clear before that oda thought magma stood above other elements, but it is still shocking for him to say it outloud. His manga, he can do what ever he wants, but it is very weird. Some fire gets much hotter then magma, lightning is hotter and..... cooler then magma... not to mention light is light, it is one of the coolest powers in any manga. So why did oda make the magma fruit this powerful? He could either greatly exaggerated how powerful an element is, or he could of taken light and actually ran with it. I am 100% sure no one would question seeing a light speed fist through ace's gut.

4th melt through anything? Dude see above not only does magma NOT melt everything, there are rocks magma cant even melt....

But like i said, this is a win for me, it is now cannon that oda belives the magma fruit has the highest level of offense in the df world.
Honestly akainu should of been given my not yet created yet "acid fruit" the acid fruit user would fight the same way as akainu. The only difference is there are actually super acids in the world that can eat through anything except teflon.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#43 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:00 AM

Btw, rumor is Sentoumaru is now a VA. Maybe someone not sucking at least?

3rd- WHY?!?! Why magma? Oda have you ever seen magma in real life? You understand magma isnt nearly as bad as you seem to think it is? Listen, personally this reveal (or outrageous hyperbola) is a win for me, i like akainu. But i still cant get over how much oda loves magma. It was semi clear before that oda thought magma stood above other elements, but it is still shocking for him to say it outloud. His manga, he can do what ever he wants, but it is very weird. Some fire gets much hotter then magma, lightning is hotter and..... cooler then magma... not to mention light is light, it is one of the coolest powers in any manga. So why did oda make the magma fruit this powerful? He could either greatly exaggerated how powerful an element is, or he could of taken light and actually ran with it. I am 100% sure no one would question seeing a light speed fist through ace's gut.

I think Oda takes into account the fact that Goro has a natural enemy in Gomu and Light...well, Kizaru has not done much besides explosion which Akainu can also do with added lethal heat that melts you right away. Kizaru's laser has crazy penetration but funny thing is the hole they make going through you itself isn't that bad (Luffy could handle it 2-3 times) and they explode AFTER they go through you. There's even a panel in MFWar where that happened to Luffy.

So like I ventured, perhaps Oda distinguished between environment destruction (which WB's Quake excels at) and 1vs1 situation.

Next month is WB pirates cards and February is Skypiea's so we might see what is said about Lightning and Quake.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#44 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:29 AM

Btw, rumor is Sentoumaru is now a VA. Maybe someone not sucking at least?

I think Oda takes into account the fact that Goro has a natural enemy in Gomu and Light...well, Kizaru has not done much besides explosion which Akainu can also do with added lethal heat that melts you right away. Kizaru's laser has crazy penetration but funny thing is the hole they make going through you itself isn't that bad (Luffy could handle it 2-3 times) and they explode AFTER they go through you. There's even a panel in MFWar where that happened to Luffy.

So like I ventured, perhaps Oda distinguished between environment destruction (which WB's Quake excels at) and 1vs1 situation.

Next month is WB pirates cards and February is Skypiea's so we might see what is said about Lightning and Quake.

Oh i can do that-

Quake fruit- this fruit is highly over rated, i accidentally called it the most powerful paramicum compeletly forgetting about the poison fruit....oops... also when sengoku said "wb has the power to destroy the world" he actually ment slowly, like one island at a time, of wb lived to be 2000 he may be able to sink all OP islands... unless those islands have encricling walls, like mf did, then wb would be powerless.

Lightning- this is the actual best fruit in op. I put it in skypiea because if a pirate ever got ahold of it they would isntantly become emperor.
  • Tale likes this

banner.png

#45 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:59 PM

@captain kidd

I don't think Yami is the strongest offensively (if it was, Blackbeard wouldn't have gone after the Gura Gura no Mi) but its defense can pretty much counter any attack that exists in OP. Unless haki lets people punch through black holes (which I doubt - but you never know), it's always going to be good.

Quake fruit- this fruit is highly over rated,

Lightning- this is the actual best fruit in op

This guy gets it.  :clap:

@Furinji Saiga Take notes.

Edited by Tale, 07 November 2018 - 02:03 PM.

#46 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:11 AM

I don't think Yami is the strongest offensively (if it was, Blackbeard wouldn't have gone after the Gura Gura no Mi) but its defense can pretty much counter any attack that exists in OP. Unless haki lets people punch through black holes (which I doubt - but you never know), it's always going to be good.

Isn't that exactly his monologue in MF? Yami for defense and Gura for offense.

Yami is like a CoA fruit, only better.

Lightning- this is the actual best fruit in op

This guy gets it. :clap:

No offense to Enel-sama but I think the gas fruit is probably best based on in-verse performances...unless of course Goro has potential to do every single application lightning can do in fiction like electric fields, electromagnetic force etc. and not just the thing we have seen

Also I wonder if Logia awakening is different from Paramecia we have seen so far. Maybe Enel can even change the properties of lightning conceptually LOL

#47 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:06 AM

@captain kidd

This guy gets it. :clap:

@Furinji Saiga Take notes.

The darkness fruit is such a weird fruit. I have no clue why oda made it a logia, the only reason i can think of is he bought the logia hype as much as us fans did....
1 no logia intangiblity, i could forgive this more back in the day, but now with all the production fruit there is often a very fine line seperating production paramicum from logia.
2 is the darkness even his body?? Like smoker found out, all the element attached to a logia user is their body, so..... if ace used haki and punched the "black hole" move bb ate the town with, would he injure bb?
3 like you said, can you even touch darkness? Its darkness, it is nothingness right? You cant touch "nothing" that is stupid. This df should give a defensive ability even better then Bartolomeo's.

Idk i like the fruit but it has a few huge short comings.
What i would of done, just make the black hole lead to no where. None of that stupid liberation move, what evers the black hole never leaves. Then bb could cut people and take people's limbs and even their whole body with his darkness, only problem is that would be very....dark....haha... hell, then bb would have such an OP fruit he wouldnt even need to get WB'S, and i wouldnt have to theorize that BB has two hearts, and when that is correct i wouldnt have to be wondering why judge didnt make his kids with 8 hearts so they could have all the DF.
  • Tale likes this

banner.png

#48 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:02 PM

1 no logia intangiblity, i could forgive this more back in the day, but now with all the production fruit there is often a very fine line seperating production paramicum from logia.

I think it is in principle intangible like any other logia. The classification doesn't make sense if it isn't. But it can have a weakness like Crocodile's that makes the user solid (like a weakness to light or something).

#49 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:39 PM

On the darkness fruit topic (and related to what you just said, @Tale)

I've heard theories about BB's fruit being as any other logia, just that his weakness is light (same as Crocodile's is water).

So, if he was in complete darkness he would be as any other logia, but in daylight he loses that ability. That would explain why he is considered a logia and most of the weirdness about the fruit.

Some people also connect that with the reason why he covered himself at the Marineford war with a black cloth. And that's why I expect the final fight vs Luffy to be at night (if this theory is true).

I think it's a pretty decent and possible theory, but all in all, the answer to most of the doubts around the DF imo are simply that Oda wants to leave it in the blurry line bc being one of (if not THE) final villain is better not to reveal all the strengths and tricks to it too soon.
  • Tale and capu like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#50 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:37 AM

And that's why I expect the final fight vs Luffy to be at night (if this theory is true).

Not just night but complete absence of light. Croc is solidified with just some blood from Luffy's punch after all

And so Luffy better improves his CoO

#51 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:35 AM

Okay, vol 3's info in more details

Besides those that are already said above and previous pages, notable info are:

-San Juan Wolf is 180m tall because of a DF. So how the hell was he standing in the sea back then? O__O

-Catarina and Vasco Shot are surprisingly young, 36 and 38. Thought they were of old generation or something like Kizaru...

-Kurobi and Chew's bounty were 9 and 5.5mil. Gin's best East Blue non-captain pirate confirmed?

Kurobi was also originally designed to be Arlong's no.2.

-Avalo Pizarro was really a king in North Blue

-Dragon's ship is Viento Granma (Viento is Spanish for wind? Wind Logia?)

-BB's ship is Saber of Xebec

-Avalo is BB's 4th ship's captain, Catarina is 6th's, SJW is 7th's and Vasco Shot is 8th's. Nothing about 3rd's, 9th's and 10th's. Of course, no Van Orge or Doc Q, too...weird...

-Shiliew's sword is a Graded Sword

-No-no and Zu-zu go way back, joining Marines together from North Blue. @Godpachi is satisfied?

• Oben likes this

#52 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:35 AM

Tashigi from east blue...make it more obvious oda.

Edited by Enbima, 09 November 2018 - 04:35 AM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#53 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:35 AM

Tashigi from east blue...make it more obvious oda.

I hope it's just red herring...

#54 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:39 AM

Of course, no Van Orge or Doc Q, too...weird...

It's not weird because this set only focused on the Impel Down escapees. We haven't seen the cards for the original BB Pirates yet nor the person who is currently the third fleet captain.

• Fulmine likes this

#55 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:20 PM

It's not weird because this set only focused on the Impel Down escapees. We haven't seen the cards for the original BB Pirates yet nor the person who is currently the third fleet captain.

I see. Wait, then why is BB's ship mentioned?

#56 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,465 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:40 PM

I see. Wait, then why is BB's ship mentioned?

The new ship or the raft?
  • KUROkami likes this

#57 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:53 AM

The new ship or the raft?

No, idea. I think the new ship. Kinda fancy name for a raft haha

#58 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2018 - 04:42 AM

So a secret of Dragons past  nobody knows of, yet his underlings getting to know it would not chnage their loyality to him. Dragon CP0 commander. Wind logia hinted once more by Name of his Ship. Interesting how Oda links it to Cuban revolution, since Cuban revolution was not really a battle for freedom at all, in which a totalitarian ruler ruled with an iron fist. I think there would have been far better "freedomfighters" on which Dragon to base on but thats just me. Actually thinking about it one could very well say that Castro become more totalitarian (in the lefty/communists kind of way) than Batista was beforehand.

Avalo Pizarro:

if his poeple could overthrow him, thus north blue most lkely fodderfolks, i wonder whether he is truly a powerful foe, or will be the one who is opponent of weak trio member? SInce the theory of him being a former calamity came out i always wondered how powful he is, now that somehow seems gone, him being a powerhouse i mean.

Catherine Devon:

she even has a collection of heads?

Hunting beautiful woman--> Boa fighting her? What  about Hina?

Wolf:

does they only mean brute strength to be increased by Wolfs addition or overall power? I mean i simply cant see him to be anything else than brute stenght, how could he be a fast/agile character? In MF he also seemed pretty dull.

VascoSHot:

well biggest hype from all ID prisoners goes to Vasco!

#59 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:40 AM

Avalo Pizarro:

if his poeple could overthrow him, thus north blue most lkely fodderfolks, i wonder whether he is truly a powerful foe, or will be the one who is opponent of weak trio member? SInce the theory of him being a former calamity came out i always wondered how powful he is, now that somehow seems gone, him being a powerhouse i mean.

What if Kizaru and Akainu were from his kingdom? :lolxg:

Hunting beautiful woman--> Boa fighting her? What about Hina?

Neat idea! That said, after Reverie if Fujitora successfully makes the WG drop the Shichibukai system then Amazon Lily would be vulnerable to Marines first. But I guess BB pirates can take initiative.

how could he be a fast/agile character?

By being fast.

VascoSHot:

well biggest hype from all ID prisoners goes to Vasco!

Really? All it probably means is Kid might show him how to be cruel. Though I'm not sure Kid will survive Luffy's Color of Nakama in Wano...

#60 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:54 AM

What if Kizaru and Akainu were from his kingdom?
Ok point taken  :)

If  thats the case would be nice, could be made into a bigger plot in which we actually see the past of the former adrmial triangle  and what motivated them to become marines.

That said, after Reverie if Fujitora successfully makes the WG drop the Shichibukai system then Amazon Lily would be vulnerable to Marines first. But I guess BB pirates can take initiative.
Somehow i dont really know whether AL would be a place of marines real concern, since as far as i know the woman there dont really openly attack kingdoms and commit severe crimes  but rather kill who tries to get to their island. Of course Boa hates men but does she actually hunt them, if they have no intention of doing anything to them in the first place?

Thing is with BB i really think he needs to do something in the current plotline. I mean so far his deeds where freeing the ID prisoners and fighting marco/WB  remnanst, the latter should not be something the marines dislike since whoever kills pirates does their job partly. I think for the BB pirates to once more get the focus of the marines something else than a brief clash with the RA should be presented imo. In generel i dont really get why the marines under Akainu would not even try to take out (perhaps they did but we dont really heard of it) the BB pirates during TS, when they were still weaker. Why let someone u know is boosting his strength by getting DFs roam and do as he pleases? Why let someone who did the unprecedented, thus poses a bigger threat than others, especially if he already betrayed and decleared war on u, continue to do as he wishes to do?

Really? All it probably means is Kid might show him how to be cruel.
Well the way i understand the new releases he was clearly put ahead from the other former inmates, except Shiryuu since once more Magellan comparison that is. It is time we actually  get to know more about Kidd, does he do what he does to all, thus to unaware / innocent civilians as well or only to pirates, government officials, king, rulers, marines etc?

Though I'm not sure Kid will survive Luffy's Color of Nakama in Wano...
I think Kidd is actually someone who will. I think Luffys helpful attitude really angers him more than anything since he wants to world to burn and does it by being violent, since Luffy does not agree with such behaviors i do believe that they will have conflicts even during the time of their temporary aliance. Their ways r just to opposed to one another as for an alliance between them to survive. Only option i see for the upper not to be the case is if Kidd sees Luffy as someone with whos help he can actually achieve his dream of toppling the current worlds rulers.  

I guess they will only stay allies for as long as their current aims align, which is revenge on Kaidou, afterwards they should go seperate ways again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users