154 replies to this topic

#141 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:51 PM

Interesting... But shes only 15 and she trained under pedro for years. It makes no sense to betray her own tribe.

Right, not saying I believe it so much, just that there's a noticeable color difference on her card that's making people theorize.

#142 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:07 AM

I'm more impressed with the fact that Jack is a full fishmen (taking the title of strongest fishmen from jimbe) and the fact that he's only 28 years old. Jack was 8 when Kaido took over wano.

Carrot can eat a "carrot", the next nakama is vivi!

#143 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:47 AM

Carrot can eat a "carrot", the next nakama is vivi!

Vivi is marked as member 13 of the Strawhats in the Vivre cards. It's former but she's still already considered a member.

Edit: Oh yeah, another thing important about the vivre cards that's causing debates. Jack's card doesn't specifically mention whether or not he has haki so some people are taking that as meaning that he doesn't have haki. He is not confirmed as not having haki though.

Edited by Nintendocat, 16 July 2019 - 03:13 PM.

• Abaroxa likes this

#144 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:07 PM

Here is the newest Vivre cards translated: Whole Cake/Vinsmoke https://thelibraryof...impression=true
  • Raiden likes this

#145 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:44 PM

Oh..... I guess niji could be genetically engineered to have a superhuman memory and the ability to alter his speach patterns by changing the shape of his vocal cords......

Or it could of been the crocodile/sanji situation where voices just sound different over snail phones. When sanji answered the phone and talked crocodile, even though sanji just said something completely inappropriate, still thought it was Mr 3. So snail phones dont have a good record of crystal clear reception....

Also this "bm was hot" thing is less funny now that we know she looked exactly like she does now as a kid. It is like after seeing current nami and young nami oda told us "oh btw nami was a chubby 15 year old" umm... ok fine... what ever, every time we saw her in the manga she looks like she does now(except less developed). But sure she was fat as a teen why not...

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#146 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:43 AM

Interesting, so the theory with these cards is that Carrot might secretly be associated with the beast pirates. I know quite a few people who will be heart broken if that happens.

I highly doubt that theory. After all she never left Zou before the Straw Hats, how can she be the traitor then? Jack "recruited" her during his invasion? highly unlikely (after all jack is more brawn than brain and what could he have given Carrot to  betray her friends? Also at that point it would make no sense for her to come to Wano.)

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#147 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:59 AM

Was I the only one disappointed with oven and daifuke bounties. I know 300mil isn't something to be overlooked but still...

#148 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:08 PM

Was I the only one disappointed with oven and daifuke bounties. I know 300mil isn't something to be overlooked but still...

What did they do to make you think that they are stronger than current zoro and sanji?

banner.png

#149 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:52 PM

What did they do to make you think that they are stronger than current zoro and sanji?

Vito called them monsters

#150 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:56 PM

Remember that Bounty doesn't equate strength but threat to the World Government. These are the same people that sent out swat teams to kill an infant simply because he was the child of the Pirate King after all. They're also the same people who labeled an 8 year old with 80,000 bounty because she could read a dead language.

#151 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:10 PM

Remember that Bounty doesn't equate strength but threat to the World Government. These are the same people that sent out swat teams to kill an infant simply because he was the child of the Pirate King after all. They're also the same people who labeled an 8 year old with 80,000 bounty because she could read a dead language.

Those are literally the beat examples of bounty = strength.

What was infant ace's bounty? Zero? It was zero wasnt it? He had no bounty as a fetus.... why? Maybe because he wasnt strong and any child with a rock could of killed... sorry "aborted" him.

Same with Robin. Robin had the power to destroy the entire world. All she needed to do was actually read the stone to Crocodile and Crocodile would have his own super weapon and military state on his way to world domination. But luffy got a higher bounty then her by punching crocodile....really really hard...

Same with chopper. The guy is worth nothing because he looks like a harmless animal.

Now obviously there are exceptions. The WG can get things wrong... looking at usopp and chopper... and for some reason the wg boosts crew member bounties with the captain's bounties. Probably because it is safe to assume a powerful captain has powerful crew members (unless you are WB)

So saying that ignores that all throughout OP bounties have been a rough benchmark for fighting power.

banner.png

#152 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:39 PM

But would Robin be able to take out any of the East Blue Baddies when she was 8? Probably not. She survived by running and eventually developed skills as an assassin but that was over time, not when she got the bounty. Sure she could read the language but in a fight fight? Not much she could have done. In any case, her knowledge would still fall into the category of 'threat' over 'strength' so it doesn't change my point.

And it was true that baby Ace didn't have a bounty seen to us but the fact that they had a 'kill on sight' procedure' for him pretty much equates to an 'Only Dead' bounty which means that it was always a high priority to kill Roger's son even if that wasn't introduced as a plot point until it was actually revealed.

• Chillman likes this

#153 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:26 AM

But would Robin be able to take out any of the East Blue Baddies when she was 8? Probably not. She survived by running and eventually developed skills as an assassin but that was over time, not when she got the bounty. Sure she could read the language but in a fight fight? Not much she could have done. In any case, her knowledge would still fall into the category of 'threat' over 'strength' so it doesn't change my point.

And it was true that baby Ace didn't have a bounty seen to us but the fact that they had a 'kill on sight' procedure' for him pretty much equates to an 'Only Dead' bounty which means that it was always a high priority to kill Roger's son even if that wasn't introduced as a plot point until it was actually revealed.

Sure she could. What is robin's motto? "Power...speed... these things mean nothing compared to my ability" well if she is actually serious about that motto then 8 year old robin should be roughly as effective in a fight as 18 year old Robin. As long as she knows the holds, which she likely does.
If adult robin is able to hold moria back (until he teleported away) and even break moria's neck, then kid Robin should be strong enough to restrain arlong. Kuro would be a joke to robin, buggy is a bad match up he would probably destroy her, don kreig wouldn't be able to do anything against her powers.
I mean let's keep in mind adult robin has zero strength feats.... she cant be much stronger then her kid self.

And my theory is correct because of the fact that....well Robin's bounty was NEVER increased...... so what is more likely?
1- for Robin and Robin alone the wg decided not to include her fighting strength as she got more powerful? Or
2- Robin was roughly the same strength her entire life due to her df. (Until she started to train, remember she even thought about how weird it would be to actually get stronger)

And the biggest problem with your theory is that her bounty is way to low. Are you really going to tell me that the power to revive all 3 ancient weapons and destroy entire islands is only worth 80 mil? The WG sent half its best (and only) assassin unit on a 7 year under cover mission for the sole purpose of getting ONE ancient weapon. You would think someone who can get all ancient weapons would be far more valuable to the wg... but no, she is worth less then alabasta luffy who can just punch really hard.

Oh also, what about franky? That dude had pluton blueprints for.... what 5 years? He probably memorized them, and he can build pluton himself. Yet his bounty was 44m? Way too low to represent the "threat" of a man capable of reviving the ancient weapons. But it is about where his fighting power is....

As for ace the fact that he was important to the wg yet no bounty was on his head as a festus just proves my point. The wg can want someone dead without placing a bounty on their head.

Ok let's look at the whole bounty system- Ever person with a bounty on their head the WG wants dead. The amount of the bounty is based on the difficulty it would take to kill someone/bring them in to be executed. The WG is NOT going to pay yasoko and Johnny 1 billion for killing 6 year old ace. That would be a huge waste of money. However the WH cant offer 500 million to kill a man who just took down 2 commanders in about 4 days (luffy on wci) because no bounty hunter would consider that small amount of money worth the risk.

See? With the way bounties are the wg cant pay much more. Then a person's combat power. The mere fact a bounty exists shows the wh wants that person dead.

And finally. The most incontrovertible proof that bounty usually equals fighting power is the perception of bounties in universe by other pirates. When the Bellamy nonsense was going on they talked about how some pirates fake high bounties.... well why would they do that if the WG was already artificially inflating bounties by counting "threat" as part of the bounty?
Look at our main characters. How many gag scenes have we seen where they laugh or cry over their bounties? Would they really care if knowledge was part of that bounty? Luffy even brags about his bounty at times, when he told BB his 100m bounty bb called him a liar he didnt say luffy only got that bounty by knowing robin.

Luffy "my bounty is 100m"
BB "of course it is, you have robin in your crew, robin knows how to bring about the ancient weapons, which is 80m in threat, so adding rovin to your crew is an automatic +80m to all bounties, your real combat bounty is 20m, damn you are weak"
Luffy "that is impossible my bounty was 30m before I knew robin"
BB "well you probably were a threat to the wg in different ways. Garp is your granddad what color under wear does he wear?"
Luffy "pink"
BB "ok see, the WG doesnt want people knowing their hero wears pink underwear, that is easily +10m in threat to the wg"

And of course we have BB, when Lafayette asked the wg to let him in as a warlord they asked his bounty.

banner.png

#154 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 07:48 PM

Just realized the vol 12 vivre cards weren't posted on here. 

vivre-cards-12-charlotte-family-big-mom-

Vivre Cards Vol. 12

#155 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:56 AM

I wished they would explain why katakuri has such teeth and his other twins not.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users