Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:43 AM

https://www.mangatai...r/one-piece-917

#2 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:33 AM

Bellamy is obviously drawing Straw Hat skull there!

#3 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:56 AM

No matter what people say about the pacing, I love that Luffy and company are unknown in wano.
I liked the chapter. Luffy is getting angrier by the minute and jack might make a comeback sooner than expected. Hawking Vs like law next chapter.
  • Mr Love likes this

#4 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,044 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:09 AM

Lion can spit fire? A mythical Zoan or like captain kidd said, Oda is making sure half of the cast has fire moves now? And Urashima is strong? That says a lot about your ability, Holdem. Oops, Red Hawk hit him. Wait, this guy has a named sword, too?

Is that CoO from Hawkins?

Law's still wearing hat under the straw basket, LOL.

I didn't know horses have 350-degree vision. Nice tidbit! But so sad Speed might be another fanservice. Will we ever get serious strong women's fights from now till the end of series?

Not to mention the Headliner's Smile fruits look like they are all deformed...DD and Caesra must have tricked Kaidou

Good to know Jack escaped. Now Jinbe just needs to show up and makes him beg for the position of World Second Strongest Fishman hahaha.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#5 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:17 AM

Another filler chapter :yawn:

#6 Mr Love

Mr Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationYou'll get nothing out of me! Good day sir!

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:41 AM

This week's chapter is pretty good. The last page made up for the lack of action ( although, it should have happened early on in the chapter )

#7 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:44 AM

No matter what people say about the pacing, I love that Luffy and company are unknown in wano.
I liked the chapter. Luffy is getting angrier by the minute and jack might make a comeback sooner than expected. Hawking Vs like law next chapter.

I just thought the first 5 or 7  pages were uninteresting with citizens crying... again. I understand Oda wants to show what's at stake but I don't think he needed that many pages to establish that information. I would prefer that he uses these pages to draw the rookies battling out.

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 16 September 2018 - 02:55 PM.

• Blackody likes this

#8 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

Since when does Zoro apology? lol

Is that really fire or is that a lion's scream blast. 2nd is acceptable first not.

I guess Bellamy wants to join the crew.

How does Kiku know about the Jack incident? Law says again this Island is isolated. As if subordiantes would speak About such a failure in public…

That's makes her suspicious again.

dat vision

Horse360.png

Edited by Enbima, 13 September 2018 - 09:40 AM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#9 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:59 AM

I was re reading the chapter and right before luffy saves tama does he uses haki?
If yes, is zoro using it aswell.

Love the fact that at this point law doesnt try to stop luffy. He knows its futile so he goes for hiding his identity.

Edited by Abaroxa, 13 September 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#10 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:39 AM

does Kamijirou mean 2nd god? xd

Also there is another contradiction why did Holdem not feel the pain when the Lion gets hurt? Oda Oda...

Also a good a good character development I noticed on luffy. He's getting more and more agressive!

Edited by Enbima, 13 September 2018 - 11:00 AM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#11 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,044 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:55 AM

Speed has Byakugan. Fodder confirmed!

• D.Hyuga and Chillman like this

#12 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:55 AM

Also there is another contradiction why did Holdem not feel the pain when the Lion gets hurt? Oda Oda...

I feel like they just share the pain when it's a common area they share (as in the crotch), but not in each other's faces
  • Chillman likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#13 Blackody

Blackody

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:02 PM

Pretty mediocre chapter in my opinion. I think i'm getting impatient but l genuinely believe those first 5 pages were unnecessary. 
I get that Oda wants to emphasise on the contradictions of Wano's society (the poor folk starving and relying on poisoned water.

while Kaidou's crew enjoys eating abnormal amounts of food). It's alright Oda we got it the third time you spoon-fed it to us, we're not single-cell organisms  :P . 

Anyway, it's fun to see Luffy blitzing and rofl-stomping Holdem (personally though, l expected a more drawn-out fight). He used Red Hawk though.

Luffy does seem surprised Jack is alive and taking into account the way Kiku chose to phrase it, Jack may have returned by himself.
It'd be hilarious if he actually walked from the bottom of the ocean into Wano (inbefore, one does not simply walk into Wano).

We almost have confirmation that the Calamities definitely outrank and probably outpower the Headhunters. I guess every Yonkou will have his monster trio.
Jack really has to prove his title. l hope his hype doesn't go to waste...

What got excited most though was the upcoming Law VS Hawkins battle. This needed to happen and l hope it'll last longer than the battles in Wano we've seen so far.

I really miss battles with obscure abilities (when they're done right). 

Fulmine Yup, i agree, Speed is going to be a gag character. We won't get serious fights from strong females i'm afraid.

There aren't even many female antagonists or major characters for Nami to fight (Robin doesn't stand a chance on getting a good fight :cry: )... 

We could have gotten some great from Smoothie and Big Mom fights but NOPE! Smoothie really was the only (strong) character from Big Mom's crew that didn't get a fight.
Even Big Mom didn't exactly fight, she was chasing the Strawhats but we at least saw some of her abilities.

Spoiler Poor Hiruzen

#14 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:51 PM

Pretty mediocre chapter in my opinion. I think i'm getting impatient but l genuinely believe those first 5 pages were unnecessary. 
I get that Oda wants to emphasise on the contradictions of Wano's society (the poor folk starving and relying on poisoned water.

while Kaidou's crew enjoys eating abnormal amounts of food). It's alright Oda we got it the third time you spoon-fed it to us, we're not single-cell organisms  :P . 

Anyway, it's fun to see Luffy blitzing and rofl-stomping Holdem (personally though, l expected a more drawn-out fight). He used Red Hawk though.

Luffy does seem surprised Jack is alive and taking into account the way Kiku chose to phrase it, Jack may have returned by himself.
It'd be hilarious if he actually walked from the bottom of the ocean into Wano (inbefore, one does not simply walk into Wano).

We almost have confirmation that the Calamities definitely outrank and probably outpower the Headhunters. I guess every Yonkou will have his monster trio.
Jack really has to prove his title. l hope his hype doesn't go to waste...

What got excited most though was the upcoming Law VS Hawkins battle. This needed to happen and l hope it'll last longer than the battles in Wano we've seen so far.

I really miss battles with obscure abilities (when they're done right). 

Fulmine Yup, i agree, Speed is going to be a gag character. We won't get serious fights from strong females i'm afraid.

There aren't even many female antagonists or major characters for Nami to fight (Robin doesn't stand a chance on getting a good fight :cry: )... 

We could have gotten some great from Smoothie and Big Mom fights but NOPE! Smoothie really was the only (strong) character from Big Mom's crew that didn't get a fight.
Even Big Mom didn't exactly fight, she was chasing the Strawhats but we at least saw some of her abilities.

Don't we already know that the Calamities are Kaidou's commanders? Sheepshead basically said it when they were first introduced and he's a headliner so they calamities are for sure the higher rank. I agree with those first pages though, we get it Oda, the shogun and kaidou are dicks that took all the good food and water. 

I'm excited about Law vs Hawkins, I hope Oda doesn't play us on this one and actually shows us a good fight.

• Blackody likes this

#15 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,465 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:18 PM

First free second i have had in 2ish weeks..... and this was just uploaded... very lucky. hopefully i dont waste my only free time reading a garbage chapter....

oh bellamy all that wasted potential, also, is "unrippable cloth" also known as the perfect armor? why........oh forget it..... I am so sick of this nonsense. if Luffy were to wear unrippable cloth that would convert all cutting attacks into just blunt attacks. Luffy would be invincible (until coa)

please call these towns by their actual names "town with rocks on the roof" and "town where yokuzuna was owned"

the reason a horse has 350 degree vision is because its eyes are on the side of its.......oh forget it.... keep being an ugly clown smile users. It is looking more and more like these smile users can not transform, the ones on zou could, not sure why these ones are in their animal form at all times. even real zoan dont do this......oh wait chopper does, chopper is typically in his human hybrid form.

it is awesome to see how this chapter completely forgot about the clif hanger at the end of the last chapter........because lord knows I did, It wasn't really a cliff hanger as much as it was a "how will luffy effortlessly get out of this" hanger.

he named his stomach? is this like when people name parts of their body? both of those are really lame......

sentomaru? no he isnt a gang leader he is a broad ax wielding marine who claims to have the best defense in the world.

ok fine i wont write off holdem as being a retard..............what on earth makes holdem think that these people are theives? do thieves typically enter sumo tournaments and win? Is this like some nonsense batman forever themed villain gang? "we are the sumo thieves, we will steel from you then sumo you!!!" Also the fact that no one knows what the thieves look like means they are better then the RA at keeping their faces hidden. also they are dressed up like samuri, are the thieves also normal looking samuri? they are the samuri sumo thieves.

luffy "flying away" and "sank to the bottom of the ocean" are LITERAL OPPOSITES!!!!!!!!! either jack got sent into the air or he got sent below the waves. holy shit why is talking in normal sentences so hard for the japanese? or is this a translation error? or do the translators just automatically translate "kick his ass" into "sent flying" in order to keep OP PG.

luffy that is standard operating procedure for pirates..... that was what BM did to like 100 islands.... you saw a few of them....

is that food cart filled with a tree and some antlers? also why are the fruit black? looks weird.....

also i finally have made up my mind about speed.......her torso and clothing would be awesome on any woman not a zoan user. so sad, just like bellamy she has a ton of wasted potential.

who is explaining the food ship? is that holdem? is holdem talking about how awesome the food ship is?

GOD.................FUCKING............DAMN IT................. of course luffy gets angry about the food........ya luffy sure does hate being a hero..............................

hawkins how the hell can you tell law is strong? if you could tell strength you would of known to never attack luffy and zoro

wow ladies first? how polite, this holdem guy isnt that bad......

ANDDDDDDDDDDD surprising absolutely no one, luffy blitzes holdem....

yes pinching a girl's cheeks with pillars is truly horrible. but luffy you have beaten up marines within an inch of their life for just doing their jobs.......dont act like you are so good....

also it is amazing that the lion face didnt leave any injuries.

lion fire..................................................yep.............................oda has tossed in the towel, even he knows that zoan are garbage and he needs to give the lion face non lion powers.

well, what is the power of the chasing sword? I guess we will never know.

that typically isnt what red hawk looks like....... oh well if oda doesnt care i dont care.

and........1 shot.......oh god it took 2 whole chapters to get to this......

"talking it out is futile" luffy didn't talk a single thing out........and the guy was ready to execute the woman what the hell was your first clue?

also let me say how happy i am jack is back.........yah!!!!!!!...... so happy......(not really) thought we saw enough of jack. the dude has a lot of durability a bad df, uses swords but not that well....... yep that is jack alright....

Don't we already know that the Calamities are Kaidou's commanders? Sheepshead basically said it when they were first introduced and he's a headliner so they calamities are for sure the higher rank. I agree with those first pages though, we get it Oda, the shogun and kaidou are dicks that took all the good food and water. 

I'm excited about Law vs Hawkins, I hope Oda doesn't play us on this one and actually shows us a good fight.

you think we are actually going to see that? I am not holding my breath

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#16 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,044 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:43 PM

Law vs Hawkins would look incredibly fun if Oda could pull it off, at least for me, since their powers are either versatile or pleasant with lots of visual effect as opposed to simple brawling

#17 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:11 PM

Oda is shitting on characters other then Luffy and, Zoro and law. Yeap another one of those chapters....

I no that they are mutch stronegr but come on, give the villains something other then 1 hit KOs....its really panting a abd image on Kaidou's crew

• Blackody likes this

#18 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,890 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:12 PM

Finally read the chapter and thought it was an improvement on the previous two chapters tbh.

Fun seeing Luffy one shot Holdem with Red Hawk and I kinda like Speed's design and personality.

#19 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 02:22 PM

After Bellamy, Luffy's one-shots don't "awe" me anymore. For all we know Holdem will return 15 years from now and Luffy will be his friend or some crap.

(I'm kidding, it's still extremely enjoyable to see Luffy obliterate the weaklings. If only Oda could make him do it in 1 page instead of 1 chapter...)

This is the only problem that I have with OP. In moments where there should be fighting there a lot of talks and things happening in the same panels. The horse-chick coming in with food that was stolen by the lion was too distracting from Holdem fight. And what even happened to the horse-chick?? I didn't catch that...

What I'm hyped about is Law x Hawkins, but since Luffy and Zoro are retreating, I'm guessing Law will take a ride with them

Oda is shitting on characters other then Luffy and, Zoro and law. Yeap another one of those chapters....

I no that they are mutch stronegr but come on, give the villains something other then 1 hit KOs....its really panting a abd image on Kaidou's crew

Chill Kaido, I'm sure you're stronger minions will appear eventually :P

But this is normal no? I mean, if Luffy is to stand a chance against a Yonko, at some point he has to be strong enough that he can just 1hit KO regular pirates...

#20 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:15 PM

you think we are actually going to see that? I am not holding my breath

Haha the keyword was hope, I'm def not expecting it though sadly

Well Luffy is supposed to be closing in on Yonko level this arc so it'd be more weird if he was having trouble with people like Holdem. Especially after Sanji oneshotted Sheepshead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users